rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Video games

Video games

I used to play video games for hours. I was getting low quality ass during those days. I ditched the games and devoted those hours to learning about things that improve life, i.e. languages, commodities, women, business, fitness, dieting.

My quality of ass shot through the roof.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Video games

Quote: (04-01-2011 03:13 AM)D. Goodnuts Wrote:  

I used to play video games for hours. I was getting low quality ass during those days. I ditched the games and devoted those hours to learning about things that improve life, i.e. languages, commodities, women, business, fitness, dieting.

My quality of ass shot through the roof.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Yup. I made a few grand off WoW and Wc3 back in the day, sucked up some quality years of my life in the process.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Video games

never played video games, biggest waste of time

Video games

Your post made me think about when I was in grad school. I was really into fantasy sports - football, baseball, basketball. Not only did it suck up a lot of time that could have been better used, I'd go to parties with my friends and we'd huddle in the corner and talk about our fantasy teams. Definitely NOT a recommended way to pick up women.

Video games

$ for $ its probably the cheapest form of entertainment around. I played a lot at university when I was too poor to go out. Once I graduated I started devoting that time to bettering myself and just like you the quality of ass shot through the roof!

Video games

you guys talking about WoW, because i can't think of another game that is addicting like this one, usually playing online can go for hours.

Video games

Video games are among a great deal of modern time-sucks that I try to avoid, though I'll check out the occasional title for short stints of "decompression" time here and there.

Pretty much anything digital that keeps you from real-life interaction is a waste of your time and resources, which you could you be using to improve the quality of your life or interactions. To a certain degree this is true for Facebook, online dating, mindless Internet surfing, and their ilk.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Video games

Quote: (04-04-2011 05:35 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Video games are among a great deal of modern time-sucks that I try to avoid, though I'll check out the occasional title for short stints of "decompression" time here and there.

Pretty much anything digital that keeps you from real-life interaction is a waste of your time and resources, which you could you be using to improve the quality of your life or interactions. To a certain degree this is true for Facebook, online dating, mindless Internet surfing, and their ilk.

Sometimes when playing with friends is fun, just before we go out.playing video gaems alone is not fun

Video games

When you're hanging out with friends games like Madden and Fifa are good fun. If you're bringing young girls over systems like Wii are also good, or social games like Guitar Hero etc.

All in all though, playing video games, chatting, and anything that isn't really helping your life situation are all just distractions so you have to find a suitable median that suits your goals but also allows you to not be too "serious" all the time.

Video games

As almost everything in the world, it's fine in moderation. It's fine if you play video games every now and then but if you're staying home playing video games instead of going out and doing something productive then it's keeping you from bettering yourself. Keep control over them rather than the other way round and you'll be fine.

Video games

I used to abuse the Nintendo back in the day. When Super Mario 3 came out, I rinsed that excessively. Streetfighter 2 was honestly like crack. When it came out on the Super Nintendo, I actually had to wear a glove and use a battery to keep the skin on my fingers from being worn out from rubbing that button fast to break a Blanka bite or to activate the E-Honda slaps.

One day I had a whole heap of dudes in my house from around the area (most of which I didn't know) huddled feverishly around the super nintendo raping Streetfighter 2.

It was naaasty.

Nowadays, I've broken that habit and I don't own a console, thank Gawd.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Video games

When I'm not drinking I play Mario Kart on Wii with my roommates. Girls also love playing it when they come over so it's a win-win.

Video games

I have a Wii and I'm about to buy Just Dance. Great exercise, though. I was used to play online... And I won't come back ever again. I really enjoy it, but it is like heroin. hahahaha

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Video games

I admit I miss joking with my iFriends on Skype and playing WoW, but it never left me as fulfilled as actually going out does. Was cheaper then going out though.

For any former WoW players, there is nothing quite like main tanking a 25 man raid will completely smashed, those were good times, these are better.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Video games

ha,wrong thread.

Video games

I have always played one game at a time, but right now have some loose ends. Just started back on Fallout 3, as I'd bought the GOTY but for some stupid reason thought you had to finish the main story line before the DLC's.

Video games

Quote: (09-25-2013 05:50 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I have always played one game at a time, but right now have some loose ends. Just started back on Fallout 3, as I'd bought the GOTY but for some stupid reason thought you had to finish the main story line before the DLC's.

Fallout 3 was awesome. I got all the DLC for it a long time ago but have not played any of it yet. Fallout 3 put the DLC a on disk you could download to your xbox and gamestop has a used game policy that you can return any used game within 7 days and get full refund. So I bought all the used DLC disc and took them home an downloaded them to my 360 then returned them the next day. SO I got all the DLC for freeeeeeeeeee.

I am currently burning up GTA 5, after I am done with it I think Im gonna go ahead an wrap up the Mass Effect series by finally playing Mass Effect 3. I been waiting to see if they are gonna do a GOTY with it so I can haz all the DLC but I havent seen it...

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Video games

Fallout 3 was awesome. I got all the DLC for it a long time ago but have not played any of it yet. Fallout 3 put the DLC a on disk you could download to your xbox and gamestop has a used game policy that you can return any used game within 7 days and get full refund. So I bought all the used DLC disc and took them home an downloaded them to my 360 then returned them the next day. SO I got all the DLC for freeeeeeeeeee.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Video games

New roomate just brought his xbox up and i just clocked fallout 3.

End was a bit disappointing to be honest. Its quite easy to blow through the game being ruthless, and you miss quite a few opportunity's from doing so.

Amazing concept and game though.

The four hour work week, How to win friends and influence people and Drive just arrived in the mail. No more games untill i have knocked them off.

Video games

Fallout 3
Quote: (09-25-2013 06:06 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Fallout 3
Quote: (09-25-2013 06:12 PM)Bricks Wrote:  

fallout 3

Why are you guys playing Fallout 3 instead of glorious Fallout: New Vegas master race, where you can put the beat down on the feminist NCR?

Video games

Everything in life is a waste of time one way or another. Video games are on a massive decline nowsaday though, back in the day they provided good challenges also more freedom instead of corridors. I can't stand Fallout 3 and its writing, thank god for New Vegas bring back some memories from 1&2, the engine is still sucks thought.

Playing game while working on text game, win win.

Video games

Quote: (09-25-2013 06:06 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I am currently burning up GTA 5, after I am done with it I think Im gonna go ahead an wrap up the Mass Effect series by finally playing Mass Effect 3. I been waiting to see if they are gonna do a GOTY with it so I can haz all the DLC but I havent seen it...

I jumped the shark after finishing ME3 a couple months ago. It did get me through post surgery, but there's nothing else that will match it now.

End was a bit disappointing to be honest. Its quite easy to blow through the game being ruthless, and you miss quite a few opportunity's from doing so.

I end up playing the "good guy" due to it being generally harder. I'd rather be a dick in real life. [Image: angel.gif]

Quote: (09-25-2013 06:34 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

Why are you guys playing Fallout 3 instead of glorious Fallout: New Vegas master race, where you can put the beat down on the feminist NCR?

Quote: (09-25-2013 06:40 PM)Felix88 Wrote:  

Everything in life is a waste of time one way or another. Video games are on a massive decline nowsaday though, back in the day they provided good challenges also more freedom instead of corridors. I can't stand Fallout 3 and its writing, thank god for New Vegas bring back some memories from 1&2, the engine is still sucks thought.

Playing game while working on text game, win win.

Everyone told me Fallout: New Vegas sucked balls. Haven't considered picking it up. The whole series though is still one of the best open sandbox genres made.

Video games

Quote: (09-25-2013 06:50 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Everyone told me Fallout: New Vegas sucked balls. Haven't considered picking it up. The whole series though is still one of the best open sandbox genres made.

Depend on what you mean by everyone, the new generation hate everything doesn't hold their hands every second. Almost everything in New Vegas has some thoughts put in them and the world actually make sense instead of 'lol head exploding, nuclear gun awesome™'.

Video games

Quote:Quote:

I end up playing the "good guy" due to it being generally harder. I'd rather be a dick in real life. [Image: angel.gif]

Did not see this coming from you lol.

Quote: (09-25-2013 06:34 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

This term gets me every time.

Video games

you have to finish the main mission to get to broken steel in fo3

As for new vegas, it is probably my all time favorite game. I got the goty version on steam on a sale so i would definitely suggest picking it up for $5 during the winter sale for the new vegas ultimate edition

When it was released, it was really buggy but that was all fixed in later patches so that shouldn't be an issue at this point.