rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Heading to Bangkok tomorrow

I've been compiling info about Bangkok from here today, but any last info or any guys there now that want to meet up, let me know.

I still havent found a place to stay, and I just booked my ticket today, sort of last minute thing I guess.... I will go look at airbnb now. [Image: smile.gif]

I would not imagine there is a need for Airbnb in Thailand. There is accommodation everywhere. Get a taxi to Khao San Road, there will be everything you need

Quote: (04-17-2012 05:08 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

I would not imagine there is a need for Airbnb in Thailand. There is accommodation everywhere. Get a taxi to Khao San Road, there will be everything you need

I have always liked staying at an APT over a hotel, its easier to look like someone who is living there, which helps when you are trying to shag the higher class chicks. I am guesing Khao San Road is full of hotels?

Yeah lots of cheap hotels, I remember my first night in Thailand on Khao San Road in 2003. Was watching the first Harry Potter film. Then went to Gulliver's Tavern at the end of the street and ended up fingering a hooker.

LMAO Ugh... reminds me of a guy I met in Costa Rica, he did that then came back with sticky fingers. Seems the girl had recently had sex and not cleaned up afterwards... just nasty.

Just one thing, avoid Kao San Road. It's full of cheap backpackers. Get on agoda.com and book a nice 4 star hotel for about 40-60 bucks a night or if you want to splurge after a long flight, a 5 star for about 80-120/night. I'd suggest you stay around the Sukhumvit area (preferably Thong Lo or Ploen Chit which are the nicest areas in downtown BKK) and within easy access to the clubs, bars and other fun parts of town. A must, do not skip on Soi Cowboy. Wild party garanteed!
How long are you going to be in town? BKK is an amazing city and I'm sure you'll love it too. Can't wait to return.

Enjoy man.

Yeah sum is where I have. Even planning of finding a spot. Thanks for the advice! I plan on doing some Muay Thai while I am there, so far seems fight club is the Best option. I don't do the backpacker thing, I try to spend around 3k a month

Dude, on 3k/month, you'll be having a blast. If you want to remain in BKK, check with YMG for suggestions on Muay Thai options as he did that while there.

Yeah I went through his threads, lots of good info copied and pasted into a data sheet on bkk that I'll print out and take with. Most of the countries I visit I have a hard time spending 3k. Just came from French Tuesday party here in NYC, they have a branch in BKK, so I'm hitting that up the 24th. Instant social circle. Also my friends daughter was/is? Miss teen Thailand so he is dialing up people for me, even though he bashed me for my last minute timing. I like to date/shag middle to upper class girls, so that's my target.

Can anyone comment on this hotel Nasa Vegas hotel? Location wise is says sukhumvit... 3 stars and only 14 a night, shit that's cheaper then airbnb rooms.

Kowsan is the backpacker and budget traveller area, it's full of dirty wannabe hippies, rowdy drunken Aussies and Europeans and potentially attractive Scandanavian women who aren't taking any care of themselves. There are some good priced accomodation options though that are actually decent places but the area it's self is too disconnected from the rest of the city and most people just end out haning out on kowsan road with other travellers. Nearly all of the bars and clubs in this area, bar a select few, are horrible places full of annoying drunken idiots. If you plan to hit the clubs around sukhumvit and especially the HiSo places where the nicer thai chicks go then this is not a good option. Anywhere on the SkyTrain line will suit you better, just wouldn't stay near Nana or Asoke stations as they are the red light areas and you'll scream of being a sex tourist to any decent girl if you're staying round there. Thong Lor or Ekkamai are where a lot of the middle class and HiSo clubs are so might suit you better.

Gullivers Tavern is an awful place. Skanky backpackers and skankier hookers. Avoid at all costs. Same with Soi Cowboy, it's the red light district street where old men go to oggle and molest young thai prostitutes who dance around on tables bored or fire darts out their pussies. Amusing for an hour or so maybe but not at all interesting or worth spending much time at. It's only good if you're a whoremonger. Check the thread I made 'ultimate bangkok nightlife guide' to see a good selection of clubs and bars across the city.

Quote:Quote:

Also my friends daughter was/is? Miss teen Thailand so he is dialing up people for me

I know a former miss teen thailand, wonder if it's the same one.

Can anyone comment on this hotel Nasa Vegas hotel?

It seems to get an OK write up on Agoda:
http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangk...6wodKhqSyw

Don't stay at Khao San. You can go there to pick up some falang hunters once in a while for fun, but don't stay there unless you like ugly white chicks with fucked up hair.

With a 3k budget you will have no problems. How long do you plan to stay?

For middle to upper class girls check out RCA and places on Thong Lor. I like Scratch Dog as well for an after hours place that isn't crawling with hookers. I hear WIP in Thong Lor is good for after hours but I have not been yet.

For Muay Thai in BKK I am not sure, there are lot's of camps though I think most are away from the BTS? I know some people who trained at Jitti, but I don't know much about it. Check out FightPassport.com for info on camps.

If you are into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I train at Bangkok Brazilian Jiu Jitsu which has a Ralph Gracie black belt instructor and a cool group of guys. I live right next to it on Sukhumvit Soi 1. A lot quieter than the rest of Sukhumvit, thankfully.

What is French Tuesday?

For middle to upper class girls check out RCA

I'd say RCA is more studenty than upper class. Thong Lor & Ekkamai are definitely more HiSo, you'll see tons of nice cars parked outside clubs in these areas and everyones drinking expensive whisky.

Quote: (04-18-2012 06:00 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I hear WIP in Thong Lor is good for after hours but I have not been yet.

Scratch > Wip >> Narz

Wip is worth a go though, only tends to be decent on Fridays/Saturdays afterhours when some of the Thonglor/Ekkamai crowd drifts over there. Let me know what you think.

Www://frenchtuesday.com [Image: smile.gif]

Rio, yeah I like a little JJ too, which was why I liked fightclub, they seem to do it all and reviews look good, I would just like something more intensive. Thanks for all the help guys, I think I'll stay at a hotel for the weekend( I'm getting in LATE Thursday) then figure out where to go from there.

Quote: (04-18-2012 07:30 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

For middle to upper class girls check out RCA

I'd say RCA is more studenty than upper class. Thong Lor & Ekkamai are definitely more HiSo, you'll see tons of nice cars parked outside clubs in these areas and everyones drinking expensive whisky.

Yeah, I agree. Didn't mean to imply it was HiSo, just that it has a mix of about everyone there. Saw a Lamborghini leaving my first time going there. I need to go there more often. Went twice on Songkran, but that's just madness. Have only been there twice aside from Songkran.

Trey: How would you say the ease of hooking up is at WIP? I hear conflicting reports. I hear it's tough and that it's mostly a HiSo joint, but then I had a Thai girl tell me it's not HiSo, that everyone goes there and it's not particularly hard to hook up. What was your impression?

Quote: (04-18-2012 08:07 AM)clr Wrote:  

Www://frenchtuesday.com [Image: smile.gif]

Rio, yeah I like a little JJ too, which was why I liked fightclub, they seem to do it all and reviews look good, I would just like something more intensive. Thanks for all the help guys, I think I'll stay at a hotel for the weekend( I'm getting in LATE Thursday) then figure out where to go from there.

I have heard that BangkokFC is basically dying out, but I have not checked for myself. There really isn't an intensive MMA camp in Bangkok yet. Phuket is the place for that. You could check out TUFF Gym, which I believe is Master Toddys MMA gym, but not sure. Don't know much about it other than it is new.

Bangkok BJJ is the place to be for Jiu Jitsu, not sure where I would go in Bangkok if I wanted to train full MMA. If you find a good place let me know.

Quote: (04-18-2012 09:07 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Trey: How would you say the ease of hooking up is at WIP? I hear conflicting reports. I hear it's tough and that it's mostly a HiSo joint, but then I had a Thai girl tell me it's not HiSo, that everyone goes there and it's not particularly hard to hook up. What was your impression?

It's not really hi-so in the sense that you almost never meet a truly 'hi-so' girl that goes to after-hours. That's a different discussion.

You can definitely hook up there. Best play is probably to approach at one of the Thonglor Soi 10 joints (can even be done in that 10 minute period where everyone is dicking around outside when these places close, I've had success doing this here and RCA) and suggest a bounce to Wip. Most of the girls at these places, IF they are going to after hours, will go to Wip mostly because it is so close, and to a much lesser extent SD (which tends to get more of the 2am migration crowd from RCA vs Thonglor). SD usually has a slightly dirtier reputation among the Thonglor-going crowd, but it depends who you ask.

Both are smoky after hours joints. I tend to prefer the layout of SD better from a logistics and demographics standpoint. Most of the girls you'd specifically go to Thonglor to pick up rarely go after hours anyway (unless they've been convinced..), so the crowds aren't THAT different between SD and Wip, IMO.

I'll be in Bkk in 48 hours as well, got a sweet pad rented in Thong-lor. We definitely have to get some people together and go on the prowl.

I have used trey's approach multiple times. For me isolation is where the real game's at, as the most desirable girls you're after will usually be in mixed groups or at least with female friend(s) anyway. I think Wip's closed for the time being. Safe-house is a new after hours place just a few minutes walk from funky villa, though I don't really dig it that much, as it's small and everyone can see what you're doing.

I was planning on checking Safe House out, sounded cool.

For me isolation is where the real game's at, as the most desirable girls you're after will usually be in mixed groups or at least with female friend(s) anyway.

Indeed. You really have to get the girl away from her friends if you want any success but they just don't like to leave too easily. It's also easier to get a girl to go home with you from an after hours club, by that point they tend to be quite drunk, at a normal club I find it difficult.

Man, I came down with a fucking sinus infection or somethin. Gonna be out for a week or so. However, we should for sure do a big meetup. I've been slackin on meeting up with members in BKK. Between Jiu Jitsu and the people I already know here I've been pretty booked up as far as going out. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends here prefer to hit working girl joins so I don't end up at RCA/SD as much as I would like.

I don't mind starting the night at Nana or Cowboy for some drinks, but I don't get much of a thrill from it. Some guys it seems are interested in just getting laid, so Nana is great for them. For me however, the thrill of the chase is my favorite part. Getting laid is killer, but it just isn't the same if I pay for it as opposed to pulling it myself. I don't get much pleasure out of a girl fucking me for my money, even if they do actually like me.

But yeah, BKK meetup needs to be in the works. Just wait until I'm not dripping snot everywhere lol. Do the airconditioners in Thailand fuck with anyone else?

Yeah I enjoy to actually go out and party and hit on women in the process. Going to Cowboy, picking a girl up and going home with her doesn't appeal to me. I don't like to pay for sex either. I was thinking to myself last time at Cowboy, why don't I just take this gorgeous girl whos asking for 2000B for sex home with me right now it'd save me a fortune on being out drinking all night, taxis, club fees, then if I do meet a girl paying hotel joiner fees but I couldn't do it. Went out and partied all night instead and spent more than double what I would have, got laid in the end so not a total loss.

The aircon is constantly fucking me up too.

Quote: (04-19-2012 06:10 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Man, I came down with a fucking sinus infection or somethin. ... Just wait until I'm not dripping snot everywhere lol. Do the airconditioners in Thailand fuck with anyone else?

Quote: (04-19-2012 09:16 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

The aircon is constantly fucking me up too.

Thought it was just me! My best guess is that poor maintenance and the humid climate lead to a buildup of mold in and around the A/C unit which can cause all sorts of health problems when you are continually exposed to it and breathing it in. Everywhere I've stayed in Bangkok I've have such problems to some degree. A/C in malls is completely fine, though. At this one place I was staying I'd wake up every day completely stuffed up and with disgusting mucus in my eyes. And this was a nice hotel, not some shithole guesthouse on Khao San. As soon as I left it immediately got better.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Thought a post in this thread was necessary as I, too, am heading to BKK tomorrow for a few weeks. I'll be pretty busy but definitely open to grab a drink / meetups / whatever.