rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South Park Season 20 Thread

After last season, I got a feeling this one's going to be quite the spectacle. Although a cartoon, this show has been more impactful than most realize. So I just wanted to start a thread to keep discussion on this season.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

They've got a few good points made already:

-Ghostbusters sucked
-National Anthem outrage
-Women comedians suck and only talk about their vaginas
-Internet "hate" outrage
-The fact that someone is trying to divide society on purpose
-Hillary is going to lose

Unfortunately Parker and Stone don't seem to like Trump much, and unfortunately fall into the trap of portraying him the way the media does: a lose cannon without a plan who wants to "fuck everyone to death".

Let's see how this goes.

You don't get there till you get there

Yeah the first episode was a good set up. It was interesting to see their take on Trump since last season ( now that he's the official republican nominee).

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

This episode confirms that they are tuned into the Manosphere, Reddit, 4chan, Gamergate, etc. I will not be surprised to see a silver-haired British gay conservative pop up this season.

Mr. Garrison already kind of fills that...

Quote: (09-14-2016 09:49 PM)trian1 Wrote:  

This episode confirms that they are tuned into the Manosphere, Reddit, 4chan, Gamergate, etc. I will not be surprised to see a silver-haired British gay conservative pop up this season.

You don't get there till you get there

Oh that was tremendous.

" 'Member when there weren't so many Mexicans..."
"I 'member!"

Deplorable little 'Member Berries...

Quote: (09-14-2016 09:25 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

...Unfortunately Parker and Stone don't seem to like Trump much, and unfortunately fall into the trap of portraying him the way the media does: a lose cannon without a plan who wants to "fuck everyone to death".

Let's see how this goes.

Can't say I'm too fussed about that one.
That may have played well, even 2 months ago.
Yet Trump has thrown out numerous policies of late.
All the while, Hillary rants about cartoon frogs.
Can't imagine her liking this cartoon too much either. [Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (09-14-2016 09:25 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

-The fact that someone is trying to divide society on purpose

Seeing as Kyle's dad is skankhunt42, I wonder if they are gearing towards a big Jewish conspiracy.

Kyles dad is baiting a race and gender war, I cant believe they are even going to have a George Soros representative in all this, genius.

This season is going to be hilarious.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

This season I bet they debut a new character, Pepe The Frog. Can't fn wait

Guys, let's be honest here for a second.... Trump has A HELLUVA LOT of points which make him an ideal target to lampoon and parody, so I can't even be mad at South Park for jumping on that opportunity. But at least they're showcasing all the other goofy SJW dhot that is happening to balance it all out

Don't they always go after everyone? Nobody was spared, and that's how it should be.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

That episode was absolutely hilarious. Trump got a good roasting and they made Hillary out to be the Turd Sandwich she really is.

"We already have race wars, now we're going to have gender wars too?" They are definitely tuned into RVF and ROK. [Image: lol.gif]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Please tell me that Cernovich shows up as a 'member berries salesman.

I want to see a return of Clyde Frog mixed in with Pepe the frog, or as a representation of Pepe the frog, or something like that, I think it would go down well.

How long until a forum member changes their user name to SkankHunt42?

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Girls are so funny...

Now say "my vagiiiina!"

I guess South Park is like one of those drawings where it looks like a duck to some people and a rabbit to others.

On the libtard blogs they're calling this episode hilarious cause they really show how ridiculous and stupid the alt right is.

I guess only Trey and Matt know where the truth lies.

While i enjoy southpark and their lampooning, it's more telling that they stick to the tired trump jokes the MSM keeps pedaling while expanding on some of the more dire jokes like Kyle's dad being skankhunt42.

They'll quickly jump the shark if they go too deep in on Trump. The overton window is quickly moving in our favor and i get a sense that anyone caught on the otherside will get ignored.

I'm pretty sure though that they have more in store for us as time moves on. It's too soon to see what they're trying to do.

Enjoyed the first episode but the whole trump bit turns me off, makes it less funny

The writers have their heads on straight, which is pretty rare.
Ribbing Trump keeps it open to a wider audience. It's all in good fun, anyway.

true^

Brilliant Episode.

Hope it stays consistent.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

The more i'm thinking about it now:

I don't think Matt and Trey are writing their own content anymore beyond simply being voice actors.

The cryptic nature of the show too as well as stan's comment, "We're back onto turd sandwich and a giant douche?" sounds like ad libbed commentary by them. They also had another episode where they bluntly stated between Randy and Sharon that they had no interest in the show anymore.

The network has this on life support because CC knows they'd be underwater without the ad revenue from the show.

Quote: (09-17-2016 06:01 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

The more i'm thinking about it now:

I don't think Matt and Trey are writing their own content anymore beyond simply being voice actors.

The cryptic nature of the show too as well as stan's comment, "We're back onto turd sandwich and a giant douche?" sounds like ad libbed commentary by them. They also had another episode where they bluntly stated between Randy and Sharon that they had no interest in the show anymore.

The network has this on life support because CC knows they'd be underwater without the ad revenue from the show.

From Vanity Fair. September 9, 2016:
Your political satire can be really memorable, though. The episode where the kids have to choose whether their new school mascot will be a giant douche or a turd sandwich is still so accurate.

Parker: Yeah, it’s very accurate this year. And it’s funny because we say, “Well, how the fuck are we going to comment on that? We already did ‘Douche and Turd.’”

You’ve said before that you won’t end the show until it gets cancelled. Is that still the plan?

Parker: I think what we said is like, we’re those kids that are never gonna excuse ourselves from the table. We’re gonna wait to be excused. We’re gonna wait to be thrown out. It’s just been a mentality for us—and in a way it’s been a healthy mentality—that we, from the beginning, thought, “O.K., well, this isn’t gonna last. Any minute now we’re gonna get run out of town.”

From Hollywood Reporter, September 14, 2016:
Doug Herzog (the Comedy Central executive who greenlighted the series and ushered its first episode on the air in August 1997) : "The Daily Show and South Park were absolutely the one-two punch that ultimately put Comedy Central on the map. South Park broke first and biggest. So, to a certain degree, South Park, to this day, now 20 years on, remains a foundational part of Comedy Central and a huge part of Comedy Central's history and Comedy Central's rise and Comedy Central's ultimate success. And, you know, it is the foundation on which the house of Comedy Central is ultimately built."

Norman Lear: As long as they don't feel old and stale, [the show] won't feel old and stale. I would guess they would quit before the network quits, if there's quitting to be done.