rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favourite Opener?

Favourite Opener?

What's everyone's favourite opener at the moment? I find with openers I go through phases of using certain ones, it's like one's in fashion and another isn't...(That opener is sooo 2010). Here are a few of mine:

'I sincerely hope you're not trying to push in' - said in quite a serious tone, used at the bar or in the queue for a club even when a girl is blatantly not pushing in but I pretend she is.

'Did you just touch my arse?' - Like a Shelby Cobra GT 500, will always remain a classic, gives girls in a shit mood to light you up, separates the bitches from the less bitchy.

'Are you standing in the way on purpose?' - I use this one when a girl is standing talking to her friends, on the side, wherever in a club/bar but you can pretend she's in your way, then I usually follow it up with 'Is that your best seduction technique, to stand in the way, hoping to trap guys in your web?'

I try to use situational openers more often than not, as most guys on here know the opener doesn't mean jack, but can help. When all else fails and I'm on the spot I go with the classic:

'Do you know what time this place closes' and before they've finished their sentence 'because I'm not from here' and then follow up with 'do you know any places open until (insert time here).' Then you can have a shitty little conversation about clubs and voila you've got your foot in the door.

Favourite Opener?

I still go with the time tested classic:

“Do you have a light?”

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/05/the...-time.html

I do like 'I sincerely hope you're not trying to push in'

I would Americanize it a little, and say, "Are you trying to cut in?" with a smile so she knows your joking.

I like positive vibe/joking openers VS negative openers.

Also, in nightclubs or restaurants where I have juice, I like:

"Hi, Michael Mason" and shake hands or two kisses greeting like I own the spot.

It goes against what every pickup artist with a ponytail on top of his head will tell you, but it is so strong it works.

It is sort of like "Owning the spot" Game.

But you need juice.

And a Custom Suit doesn't hurt either.

Favourite Opener?

*Offers hand for a dance*

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Favourite Opener?

Here is another one I use in Spain on the non-smokers:

"Espanola?"

This inevitably gets the conversation back to me when I can say where I am from.

Openers can be super simple, and I like them that way. Nothing fancy, no magic tricks, no razzle dazzle, and no hesitation.

I have always felt that I can open pretty much anyway and take it from there with strong Game.

Favourite Opener?

Agreed. I think the actual words you use are not all that important.

In my opinion, the key factors are body language and appearance (no, you don't have to be a model, just have your look/style and don't be a slob), the way you carry yourself. If you aren't comfortable in your own skin, you are dead in the water. People gravitate towards strength.

Quote: (07-17-2011 10:02 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Here is another one I use in Spain on the non-smokers:

"Espanola?"

This inevitably gets the conversation back to me when I can say where I am from.

Openers can be super simple, and I like them that way. Nothing fancy, no magic tricks, no razzle dazzle, and no hesitation.

I have always felt that I can open pretty much anyway and take it from there with strong Game.

Favourite Opener?

You want $10,000 dollars

"Perdona me, hermosa should I know you?" only have tried less than a handful of times, pretty good even in grubby clothes.

What should work best is G's favorite "Got a light?" underused(except by homeless and transients) classic

Somebody get it in writing, quick!

Favourite Opener?

Quote: (07-17-2011 06:33 PM)Lusty_Argonian Wrote:  

You want $10,000 dollars

"Perdona me, hermosa should I know you?" only have tried less than a handful of times, pretty good even in grubby clothes.

What should work best is G's favorite "Got a light?" underused(except by homeless and transients) classic

Cig game can work for a lot of people. I can't do it bc tobacco smoke makes me feel like I've kissed a baboon's ass.
Best technique I saw was a friend in NYC who had a pimp collection of Zippo lighters, and could do all sorts of tricks with them and light his cigs in really stylish ways. This definitely gave him an in, he would earn a lot of style points.
That and keeping his cigs in a fancy sterling silver breast pocket case.

Favourite Opener?

Situational openers are clutch. During daygame I pretty much always bust out the same opener...which goes like this:

Hey, I just saw you (cross the street, walk by, fall down, stand up...literally whatever they might have just done) and I wanted to come introduce myself.

Nightgame is usually another story, but sometimes I'll fall back on this line. I'm sure eventually I'll grow tired of this one and find something new.

Favourite Opener?

It may be helpful to separate these into openers for people from out of town (e.g. Espanola?, What time does this place close?, etc.) - these are really easy, and most people would actually enjoy helping out a person not from their town. I know I always enjoy giving directions, pointers, club or restaurant ideas, etc. and kind of hope that the person would like my city.
So if you are from out of town, definitely capitalize on that and ask the good-looking girls something along the lines above. They will be happy to talk to you.

Now, on the other hand, I currently live in my hometown (after several multy-year stays elsewhere). So for me it's no good to ask what a good club is (I should know, I live here) or even show up solo (I should have a social circle established). So much different game is required.

Favourite Opener?

My unique contribution is simple, but I've used it often enough that I know it works.

You've gotten eye-contact with the girl, but you're in a rush. You approach:

"Excuse me, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure"

"Are you single?"

Followed by her "yes", "uhmmm..." (yes [Image: wink.gif]) or "no". At which point you explain you've got to go, but you'd love to hear her life story some time.

I like it because it's direct and bold, and leaves no room for misinterpretation. For each of the girls I banged on whom I used that line, they would always tell me a few weeks later they were so suprised they gave me their number so quickly. I like'd that. It's like jedi mind-control.

Favourite Opener?

i usually go for the indirect situational opener. i want to try something direct for the sake of comparison, and this thread is giving me some good ideas.

Favourite Opener?

"You look lost."

I don't know why it works but it rarely fails me.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Favourite Opener?

Quote: (07-18-2011 03:31 AM)Paideia Wrote:  

"Sure"

"Are you single?"

Paideia,

This is bold and simple, just the way I like it! I'm going to field test it this week and see how it works.

Favourite Opener?

ive read of this thing called the apocalypse opener.
I'm afraid that Ive not actually used it but it looks intense: goes something like this----

Player:Hey, how are you?
Target:Good, you?
Player: Good. Have any plans tonight?
Target: Uhhhm, i dont know
Player: Do you want to come home with me?

You can google the opener's name for yourself. This is not for novices, i suspect.
THis link breaks it down:
http://www.bristollair.com/2008/outer-ga...se-opener/

Favourite Opener?

Quote: (07-18-2011 09:41 PM)hypesession Wrote:  

ive read of this thing called the apocalypse opener.
I'm afraid that Ive not actually used it but it looks intense: goes something like this----

Player:Hey, how are you?
Target:Good, you?
Player: Good. Have any plans tonight?
Target: Uhhhm, i dont know
Player: Do you want to come home with me?

You can google the opener's name for yourself. This is not for novices, i suspect.
THis link breaks it down:
http://www.bristollair.com/2008/outer-ga...se-opener/

I really need to try more apocalypse openers. Cut out the bullshit and see if the bitch is DTF within a minute. I think they would suit my style well.

Anyone have success with these?

Favourite Opener?

I'm going to write some of these down and memorize them. Some good shit in here!

Favourite Opener?

Quote: (07-18-2011 09:05 PM)G Trooper Wrote:  

Quote: (07-18-2011 03:31 AM)Paideia Wrote:  

"Sure"

"Are you single?"

Paideia,

This is bold and simple, just the way I like it! I'm going to field test it this week and see how it works.

Seeing how it's the only one I can think that even comes close to some of the stories Mixx, GManifesto and all the other stars in here share, I'm going to reiterate:

You have already gotten a "green" light, ie. she's been checking you out. Either eye-contact or when you've had your back turned. That is when it will work and it's appropriate, especially if you've given her a few minutes to let her wonder if you're going to approach.

And DON'T ask "do you have a boyfriend?". "Are you single?" conveys a subtle message that you are a high-status male, even higher than her, which is what we want. Think about it and imagine the same self-confident and charming man ask each of these questions to a cute girl. How would he say it, and which question makes you feel the most masculine/alpha? To paraphrase: "Do you have a boyfriend?" = "Is there any competition I should be worried about?" VS. "Are you single?" = "I'm looking for a good time - you up for it?". If she says "yes" you can say "Cool. I'm actually in the middle of something, but I wanted to come over here and find out if you were an interesting person (MASSIVE qualifier). I'm sure you've got an incredible/amazing (playful neg/sarcasm) life-story I'd love to hear, so give me your number, and I'll give you a call sometime (to take the pressure off the moment)."

Qualifier + gentle neg/sarcasm/humor + no pressure = single girl who isn't worried you're a creep which is about 90% better than most guys she meets. Keep it simple stupid.

It would not work on the street at a random girl who had never seen you before or had not been checking you out.

Hope you feel me.

PS. This line is especially good for guys who do not have tight game yet, ie. guys early in the game. It's simple and straightforward, and it conveys your alpha qualities nicely, but not as well as for instance some of the other approach stories you can read in here do. I like this because my game is so-so and it's the best return on effort for me in many cases.

Favourite Opener?

I don't know if openers really make a difference as Roosh says..just say something, even if it's corny shyt.

I usually go with:

"Whu yu sayin'?"

Or:

"Where you from?" with a discerning look on my face.

Or if I am in a place where I have pre-established DHV:

"You lookin' nice"

I don't compliment lizards in Toronto generally because the lizards are too gassed up by beta-ism and it's shooting myself in the foot. Giving a basic compliment is like admitting thirst to the malicious well-owners...

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Favourite Opener?

I am fine tuning my day game here in the jungle. I'm still nowhere near my Lima level but I am opening a bunch of girls every day, getting a number every time, changing venue regularly, and setting up Day 2 with the cutest ones. Here's how it goes...

(I look for IOIs or elicit them, then approach with a big smile.)

You just caught me smiling at you, didn't you?

What's your name?

How old are you? (I am early 40s approaching young women and don't want problems.)

You're kind of old, you know? (Eres un poco anciana, no?)(If she is 20 or more.)

You're single, right?

No? But you like handsome gringos, right?

Let's go get some ice cream.

Favourite Opener?

Every playboy in training should try out the "Apocalypse Opener". It really builds your confidence and presence.

Here is an old thread about it:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1623-p...l#pid13274

Favourite Opener?

Quote: (07-19-2011 02:15 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Every playboy in training should try out the "Apocalypse Opener". It really builds your confidence and presence.

Here is an old thread about it:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1623-p...l#pid13274

I'm loving the idea of the Apocalypse Opener Giovonny and I think I'm gonna field test it this weekend...will let you know how I get on.

Favourite Opener?

As a woman (no good at trolling) I agree that simple and natural openers are the most effective ones. However, back in my hometown in Spain, 3 out of 5 guys would ask: ¿Eres de aquí de…(name of hometown)? to the point that I considered getting a tshirt printed with the legend ‘Sí, soy de aquí’ (yes, I’m from here) to wear once at night and avoid the question. I never did. Certain contexts lend themselves to the question though, G’s current situation seems a case in point, and of course a guy like G could ask Martian? Instead of española? And still get a positive answer with a wide smile… [Image: bigsmile.gif]
Once in France I was trying to make a call from a phone booth and an old guy passing by stopped and said: ‘Madame, n’appelez pas, je suis là’ ‘don’t call, I’m here’. I really had to make that call but otherwise I would have been glad to talk to him. Not sure how popular/effective that one is in general.
Needless to say, the apocalypse opener when used by women works like a charm. (not to rub it in your face [Image: smile.gif] )
Anyway, since I’ll be banned, as they say before bullfights ‘Que Dios reparta suerte’. Persistence and good luck in your endeavors.

Favourite Opener?

I get approached by college girls a lot in North Dakota based on my Spanish race alone. One girl TODAY approached me with this cheesy line, but it's funny how I fell for it.

Girl: "hey, can you tell me how much a Polar bear weighs?"
Mixx (looking confused) "I'm sorry, I don't know"
Girl:"enough to break the Ice, I'm Ashley"

Ha! She friggin' insta-dated me to. I respect a girl with enough balls to game me.

Mixx

Favourite Opener?

Quote: (07-20-2011 01:02 PM)ottoemezzo Wrote:  

As a woman (no good at trolling) I agree that simple and natural openers are the most effective ones.

Anyway, since I’ll be banned, as they say before bullfights ‘Que Dios reparta suerte’. Persistence and good luck in your endeavors.

Did you just admit you're a woman without provocation? You sound like you might actually be a breed of female troll that's quite rare around here: a feminine one. Upload a picture. It'd be interesting to put a face to this message.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Favourite Opener?

I tried this out the other night and it got a conversation going easy, although it's merely experimental and I need to try it out a few more times to see if it's a keeper. Mind you, don't use this one with a wingman you actually have any respect for.

"My friend (pointing to my friend) said he liked you, but he's too much of a pussy to come over here."

In my head this worked as an indirect opener because I'm not there for 'me', I'm hitting on them for my 'friend'. Ideally you can make them forget about your friend, or let your friend come over and join you and talk to a different girl in the set, obviously you get first pick.

You could probably use this line dolo too, just point to any wallflower in the bar/club.