rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Anyone play Hearthstone?

This has been my one vice for the past three months.

If you didn't know, HS is a card game...video game...based on Warcraft. I figured since the Clash of Clans thread is so huge, there must be at least a handful of guys slinging around digital Pokemon cards like it's 1998.

Let me know...if not, I'll just be over here by myself...[Image: tard.gif]

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

I play Ha. Fun game but the rng factor makes me wanna shoot myself sometimes.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

I've stopped playing because I went through a busy stretch and when I was able to play again, I didn't feel like grinding (or paying for) thousands of gold to unlock new dungeons, cards and so on. But it's a very fun game and I personally enjoy the RNG aspect which produces hilarious situations and turnarounds. Lots of people get mad over it though - I think they take the game a bit too seriously.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Anyone play Hearthstone?

I played when it came out and when you could reasonably be competitive without paying a dime.

Now I am not so sure, I have the impression that they made the game initially free to garner a lot of attention and that they are now milking the cow with the extensions. I like to complete games 100% so not being able to get all the cards without paying frustrated me.

Still a good game though, props to blizzard.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

I have it. Don't play it for competitive, just diddle around in unranked match with other noobs. Use it mainly on cellphone. It's great for bus rides.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

On RNG: my thinking has been if I get mad at RNG it's probably time to take a break. Still, the random elements are what makes the game fun. That's what let's F2P people compete (eh, somewhat) with decks stacked with strong cards.

Kaeru: Yeah I definitely agree with you. There's a new game mode called Tavern Brawl that gives out a free pack for your first win every week, and I think generally after about a month of playing you can throw together a cheap but competitive deck. Builds like aggro paladin and hunter are extremely cheap to craft and do very well in ranked play. I'm rank 10 right now, consistently beating people with decks full of golden cards.

That being said, they have to release expansions regularly. I started playing about a week after the last expansion, and the next one releases in a few days. The game is the most stale now that it's ever been; desperately needs new cards. One thing I wanted to say is that a lot of the best cards aren't epics or legedaries. Yeah, some of the legendaries are necessary to make a tournament quality deck, but many of the good ones are commons or rares.

Easy_C: Lol I've found casual to actually be harder than ranked. There's no way to match up with people close to your skill level, so you have guys brand new to the game playing against rank 1-5 guys who don't feel like grinding to legend.

I've been spending my gold on arena runs lately. It's cool trying to build deck synergy with somewhat randomly selected cards.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

My coworkers (guys in PhD studies) are fond of this. One of them always play this when we are taking a break.
Not me.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Yes I enjoy hearthstone. I'm an infinite Arena player, the only money I've ever spent on the game was like 10 bucks when I was figuring out how to win in Arena. I have 5.5K gold right now.

I like the game because it's really easy to multitask in, I can read websites and books while running the game in the background. It's a very easy game, you just gotta understand how to play odds.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Quote: (08-20-2015 11:02 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Yes I enjoy hearthstone. I'm an infinite Arena player, the only money I've ever spent on the game was like 10 bucks when I was figuring out how to win in Arena. I have 5.5K gold right now.

I like the game because it's really easy to multitask in, I can read websites and books while running the game in the background. It's a very easy game, you just gotta understand how to play odds.

That's awesome man, infinite arena is where I want to be. Do you play constructed at all?

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Yes I play, and am awaiting TGT. This weeks Brawl decks were probably made by someone high on something (or Brode trolling us again) [Image: lol.gif]

This reminds me though, about something I wanted to mention here but kept forgetting. Hearthstone, among other games, has resulted in a new phenomena: Streamers. These are people who stream playing the game on Twitch and earn money through it; the money is earned through donations where people losers actually pay them to watch them play. Some of the most successful streamers have endorsement deals with companies and earn a lot of money through that via advertisement. Some are hired full time to play by the development company, like Blizzard hired Trump.

However, what is of interest to us is that some of the more popular streamers are women. Young girls, including Ukranian and east european girls, and also western girls, are earning a lot of money by streaming them playing these games online. All they have to do is look pretty and show off some tits, and people donate in spades just for the pleasure of watching them play.

It's like cam girls, except these girls don't need to get naked or talk dirty, all they do is play games.

The recent ashley madison data dump has revealed a lot of Blizzard employee email addresses; assuming these are real and not trolls and the thirst is high there, anyone wonder if any of the higher ups at Blizzard are nailing these female streamers?

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Quote: (08-20-2015 11:15 AM)Mother Russia Wrote:  

Yes I play, and am awaiting TGT. This weeks Brawl decks were probably made by someone high on something (or Brode trolling us again) [Image: lol.gif]

This reminds me though, about something I wanted to mention here but kept forgetting. Hearthstone, among other games, has resulted in a new phenomena: Streamers. These are people who stream playing the game on Twitch and earn money through it; the money is earned through donations where people losers actually pay them to watch them play. Some of the most successful streamers have endorsement deals with companies and earn a lot of money through that via advertisement. Some are hired full time to play by the development company, like Blizzard hired Trump.

However, what is of interest to us is that some of the more popular streamers are women. Young girls, including Ukranian and east european girls, and also western girls, are earning a lot of money by streaming them playing these games online. All they have to do is look pretty and show off some tits, and people donate in spades just for the pleasure of watching them play.

It's like cam girls, except these girls don't need to get naked or talk dirty, all they do is play games.

The recent ashley madison data dump has revealed a lot of Blizzard employee email addresses; assuming these are real and not trolls and the thirst is high there, anyone wonder if any of the higher ups at Blizzard are nailing these female streamers?

I've never subscribed to a streamer's Twitch channel, but I'd hesitate to call someone a loser for doing so. It's like 5 bucks to support someone living the dream--playing video games for a living. Now, the guys who subscribe to female players who play like shit are losers. That's literally just a cam site without nudity.

Anyway, Ben Brode and the development team I think really overestimated the power of Inspire and Joust. They are soooo fucking slow. Looking back at my recent losses, they are almost all to cancer decks--face hunters, aggro paladins and patron warriors. Inspire basically means you are playing shitty minions with poor stats hoping that next turn you get value out of them; but without changes to the way aggro and combo decks work, I don't see the meta changing much with TGT.

Also, did you see what the top tournament prizes are like? I think the one Trump just took first place in was $16k. Even fifth place took home a couple grand.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Quote: (08-20-2015 11:13 AM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

Quote: (08-20-2015 11:02 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

That's awesome man, infinite arena is where I want to be. Do you play constructed at all?

Yeah I hit legend last season.

As for inspire, the cards seem to suck balls. Jousting on the other hand looks like it could make ramp druid decks crazy strong. Joust also lets you see into your opponent's deck, which is pretty OP.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

A lot of good online poker players were into hearthstone in a big way before becoming grinders.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

I play a friend of mine got me into it, good game but I'm not going to put money into it.

"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Holy shit I just started like 4 days ago and this thread pops up.

What are your arena runs like?
I'm torn between getting cheap packs through arena runs and saving up gold for expansions. Nowhere near infinity though.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

If I were a new player I'd only focus on arena games.

I use this guide to help with my draft: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1.../pub?gid=5

If you can score above 7 wins per run you'll make lots of gold.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Quote: (08-20-2015 01:37 PM)Sharkie Wrote:  

I'm torn between getting cheap packs through arena runs and saving up gold for expansions. Nowhere near infinity though.

Yeah, arena runs are where it's at.

I use Hearth Arena to help with my drafts. You just type in the 3 card choices and it tells you which one you should pick based on its value and its synergy with other cards in your deck.

At the end of the draft, the site tells you all the card combos you should look for, plus the kind of deck you have--aggro, midrange, control, etc.

I did 3 arena runs before Hearth Arena and didn't get more than 4 wins on any. My 3 runs after using the site were 8, 4 and 7 wins.

Arena still boils down to knowing how to play the game, but HA takes the guesswork out of drafting until you know for yourself what to pick.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

I'm looking forward to trying Rhonin in freeze mage (assuming I can unpack him).

Not too keen on anything else though. Maybe clockwork knight in mech decks.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

My Arena Stats for today were

1. Warlock - 9
2. Paladin - 6
3. Warlock - 7
4. Hunter - 4
5. Shaman - 3
6. Warlock - 9
7 - Mage - 1

I use ADWCTA's Tier List for drafting, but use some judgement for synergies rather than blindly choosing the highest value card. The link you posted is interesting, Will check it out and report how that works out for newbs.

Quote: (08-20-2015 09:15 PM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

Quote: (08-20-2015 01:37 PM)Sharkie Wrote:  

Yeah, arena runs are where it's at.

I use Hearth Arena to help with my drafts. You just type in the 3 card choices and it tells you which one you should pick based on its value and its synergy with other cards in your deck.

At the end of the draft, the site tells you all the card combos you should look for, plus the kind of deck you have--aggro, midrange, control, etc.

I did 3 arena runs before Hearth Arena and didn't get more than 4 wins on any. My 3 runs after using the site were 8, 4 and 7 wins.

Arena still boils down to knowing how to play the game, but HA takes the guesswork out of drafting until you know for yourself what to pick.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Sharkie, Hearth Arena is run by ADWCTA. [Image: smile.gif]

Anyone play Hearthstone?

ADWTCA's list isn't as good as mine. I've tried them all, JerkyGunner's is more accurate and up to date than the rest. I almost have 6K gold right now... you should trust me on this.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

If any of you want to play send me a pm. I'll give you my name

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

I'm dinking around with Hearthstone now but holy shit are the rare cards broken beyond belief. The cards with a yellow jewel might as well just say 'Fuck You' for their card text.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Samseau anyway you could upload screen shots of your tiers list for arena? My VPN is acting up and I can't use google. China problems.

Anyone play Hearthstone?

Quote: (08-21-2015 07:03 AM)aphelion Wrote:  

I'm dinking around with Hearthstone now but holy shit are the rare cards broken beyond belief. The cards with a yellow jewel might as well just say 'Fuck You' for their card text.
It's F2P game. So it relies on a pay 2 win model. It's either that or grind for hundreds of hours.