rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What airlines do you love or hate?

I like JetBlue, Southwest, and Frontier.

I hate American.

I'm okay with United and Delta.

Based on what I've heard, I'd like to fly on Alaska, any Virgin airline, and Cathay Pacific.

Haven't this topic been discussed before?

Delta has actually upped their game a bit since the 90's. They are still cheapskates when it comes to food (on international flights) but the seats are comfy. Especially if you buy the priority or whatever deluxe seat that has a lot of leg room for long haul flights. Nice movie selection too. Within the U.S. I usually fly delta.

Spirit airlines. Used them a few times for Texas, Vegas, and to L.A. They try and nickle and dime for stupid shit. Plus the staff seemed very unprofessional at times. Cheap as shit though.

China airlines. This is actually a Taiwan based airline. Just don't. Leg room sucks and they have a terrible safety rating. The upside is that they give you whatever you want and it's cheap.

Eva Air. My go to airline to/from the U.S and asia. I like the service, seats, and food. Plus they rate well.

Philippine Air. They really aren't bad. They adhere to international safety standards at least. The staff is usually friendly. Food is blah. They take off on time. That's about as much as you can hope for from a SEA carrier.
They are also not expensive to use.

Thai air. Old planes, expensive tickets, and average service. Pass.

Air Asia. I use them all the time around SEA. They are cheap and no frills with good deals and they don't half-ass safety. I haven't been on too many delayed air asia flights recently so then there's that.

Nok Air. It's alright about on par with Air Asia and if the closest competitor. If AA doesn't have a deal usually they do.

Etihad. Top notch service and decent food. I especially like the menus and small touches you get on this. Only problem that I recall was that recline wasn't too good last time I flew them a few years back.

Cathay Pacific. Top notch in every way. But usually pricey.

Singapore air. See cathay pacific.

Korean air. Not too bad i'd rate them slightly below Eva air.

Lion Air/Wings. Just avoid.

Garuda. Decent. Flown individually many times without issue. I flew on a group ticket once and they even gave a lot of perks like holding a flight for us so we could all get our visas.

I hate:

Iberia airlines (Spanish): one of the worse in the world

Wizzair: uncomfortable seats, terrible charter airports

Air Algérie: they open and steal something in most luggage

Air France: flight attendants are arrogant. They lose a lot of luggage

Ukraine Airlines: stupid and inefficient, they dropped me off in the wrong terminal for my connecting flight

Czeck airlines: disorganized

I like:

British airlines: surprisingly good food

Turkish airlines

Lufthansa

Swiss

Afriqiya (Lybia): was the best African company in the times of Khaddafi

Avianca (Colombia): very nice flight attendants. One took me home in Bogotá, after landing, and fucked my brains out [Image: sleepy.gif]

Malaysian are my favourites

Quote: (09-05-2014 01:56 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

Haven't this topic been discussed before?

Yup.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5794.html

Its pretty old to be honest. I don't want to feel like I typed all that shit for nothing either.

RYANAIR lowcost: they make you pay BS extra fees for things they just made up (logistics fee, card fee, payment fee, administration fee)
so the real cost of the flight is very often much higher than normal cost airlines

this is my post from this thread...Favorite Airline

As a traveller who flies between 150K and 200K miles per year, typically (thats what 4 trips for board meetings in the USA and family in NYC does when you're based in the far east), I'd like to think I have a good basis of comparison for picking airlines at least on routes I do often (Asia - USA, internal USA). The list of those I've flown on is pretty extensive, and its not a simple answer. Some of it is about class, and some of it is about routes. As any experienced traveller will tell you, their ultimate booking choice is some perhaps undecipherable algorithm based upon a number of factors, including the quickest travel time, airport departures, general service level and facilities level for the flight/craft, frequent flier credit, and some other even more intangible factors that give one a boner for one airline and a softee for another. All that said, here's my list of good ones and bad ones (and some additional conditions).

For flights between Asia to the western USA, basically, for economy/coach, I don't think you can beat HKG to LA on Cathay. Price is slightly higher than the mainland Chinese carriers, but its a direct flight, service level is high, they don't fuck up meals, and for what its worth (its worth something to me) the stewardesses are still stewardesses, not flight attendants. Not old fat hags, or worse, dudes (sorry gay dudes, but its my dime).
Another airline that excels particularly for me flying to Vegas is Korean Air, because it flies HKG- Incheon - Vegas, skipping a connection in LA. The list of Asian airlines flying from Asia into Vegas is limited, and KAL is the cheapest/best quality combo. Asian stewardesses, super clean facilities, good food (I prefer asian cuisine and it tends to "travel better" as airline fare anyway, and I don't eat pork/beef/chicken, so Asian airlines tend to fit a seafood/veg diet better anyway). Another notable benefit of the Asian airlines in general is that people are smaller (news flash, its better to sit next to smaller people, male or female) and quieter on the airplane. Funnily, even though Chinese are so loud normally, on airplanes, they are master snoozers, and rarely raise their voice above a whisper. Koreans and Japanese, not surprisingly are also nice and quiet, makes that Ambien work better. The other airline to aim for on flights to the USA from the far east is EVA, the Taiwanese airline. Tied with KAL for overall experience, very modern facilities, etc. The only bad thing about EVA from the LA side (when flying business) is that they have a shared lounge (unless that changed recently) so you are in a really shit business class cramped facility, rather than one of the really nicer lounges for the code-share partners of the USA airline. Of course, from the Asia side, you'll end up with a far better experience.

Other airlines Ive flown that past basic muster for coach are JAL (old facilities, but good service, and pretty good food), Philippine airways (beware, though of the stealth stop going east in Fiji - find out if they're stopping in Fiji and Manila, or its LA to Manila - I've had both and Fiji adds two hours). I have to admit though, my window seat on the American/JAL (an AA flight though) coming back to HK this week was surprisingly livable, though the food wasn't very good). And the price was pretty darn low (I did HKG-Vegas roundtrip for 900 USD - three JAL flights and three AA flights, two of which were the LAX-LAS puddle jump).

Once you upgrade to Business Class, its a little bit different metric as the costs vary so much. I've flown both Philippine and Malaysia Airways, both are somewhat "ghetto business class" but they cost perhaps 60 percent or 70 percent of other business class seats HKG-LA. Philippine is definitely preferable, as the Malaysian facilities were quite old and the seat was not even a full recline in business, while PAL had double decker planes with the business class upstairs and full sleeper recliners. Take a point off on PAL as they have the American/Euro approach to flight attendants, fat ladies get the choice routes and perhaps biz class too. But for 1350 one way HKG-LA biz class, PAL is still a pretty good deal when Cathay one way coach can cost around 1000. Korean Air has a super nice biz class Incheon- LA route and I think that was one of the nicest business class flights I've ever experienced. EVA has a wonderful business class with great seats, cuisine, and little Taiwainese angels waiting on your every beck and call. Back in the ghetto biz class arena, Malaysia gets a little bump as in Tokyo they share a very nice business class lounge with JAL (if memory serves) so if you've a longer layover (sometimes they're 4 hours on the HKG-Narita-LA route) thats a reason to consider MAL. And you know the likelihood of another crash anytime soon is miniscule.

I've flown business class British Airways for years, first because I worked for a UK bank that had some deal with them and then, after a long gap, more recently because they had direct flights from BKK to London-Heathrow. I spend a lot of money (well, someone did) and I had a scottish dude in a kilt (he actually may have worn a kilt to match his beard) in business, not exactly the sight I want when being tucked into a recliner. Otherwise, I'd have to say that the service level on BA wasn't bad for a Euro airline, though I think the seating arrangements for the sleepers offer less privacy than business on some other airlines. In my experience, Europe - Asia flights in business on Jet Air (India) were far more luxurious and comfortable, though I am not sure they service past India (I flew them to Chennai when I worked on a movie there). Jet Air was on the level of an Etihad in business. Regardless of what you think of the manners of many Indians, remember the hotels in Mumbai are among the most opulent with the best service in the world.

Other airlines I'd always consider based on consistently good experiences with them are any of the Virgin alliance, and of course, Singapore airlines.

For around China, you'll do better to stick to Hainan, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and China Southern Airlines. I tend to avoid as much as possible Air China, China Air, and China Eastern (though I've taken CE several times on local trips). In general, aim for the HK airlines or those they partner with (Hainan and Shenzhen) and your trips will be more comfortable and less scary (seriously).

For around the USA, its generally a lesser of evils, amongst which I'd generally rank Delta as better (I know some will virulently disagree, but its mostly about the route in the USA), then United, then the others. For the smaller, I do admit to liking Southwest primarily because you can cancel or change flights anytime cost free depending on the ticket (might cost u a bit more but the flexibility is great). Also on puddle jump short flights, not having seat assignments is actually really a time saver, as everyone just files in and sits down. The stupid jokes of the flight attendants annoy me, but I usually wear headphones anyway. Jet Blue also isn't bad, NYC to Florida, or from LA to Salt Lake City.

Delta business class is almost not worth the upgrade at any price, and I'd say the same is true on most USA domestic flights. You get a few free drinks, but typically the big difference is the seat, and the seat alone. Last domestic flight I flew business on was Atl-Salt Lake for Sundance in January, and the seat was the sole difference (perhaps the entertainment unit also). I guess I'd say that its worth it only for medallion level (or equivalent), miles or if someone else is paying. One good thing is that many USA airlines seem to changed the upgrade purchasing system so the cost in miles is based on the distance of the flight.

This seems helpful...http://www.airlinequality.com

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Has anyone flown Norwegian Air Shuttle? I am flying a 12 hour Bkk-Oslo next week on their newer 787 Dreamliner. Apparently the entertainment units are good and there is a plug in so I can use my laptop on that grueling flight.

Favourite is Qatar. I've only flown with them on short flights, but the seats were good, media system with lots of TV, movies, music - plus USB port - in all seats. And good, warm sandwiches and cake served even on a brief 45 minute flight.

The other ones I've flown with have been so distinctly just about serviceable (except for polite flight attendants in most cases) that I can barely remember names or how many it might have been.

I've heard bad things about Russian Aeroflot, which is unfortunately what I'll be flying with to Bangkok in two months. Qatar didn't have any suitable flights from here on the dates I needed.
Has anyone flown Aeroflot? I'm hoping the Moscow-Bangkok part of the flight will be one of their newest, largest planes.

Only flown with Japan Airlines once but it was my favourite flight. Hot girls all under 30, good service and good food. I'm sure they are way better but I've never flown with any expensive airlines.

I don't like Spirit, I think they are a fraudulent airline. I flew to the Caribbean with them once and they will hide their hidden charges on the website. You are in a foreign country and find out that you have to pay for your luggage.

Also, a family member of mine flew with them very recently and they charged him $45 dollars for his small carry on.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Norwegian air lives up to the hype.
I've taken then in four flights now it's great.

you can ever order snacks and alcohol from the screen infront of your chair.swipe your car on the screen and they bring you your stuff

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (09-06-2014 03:39 PM)Moma Wrote:  

I don't like Spirit, I think they are a fraudulent airline. I flew to the Caribbean with them once and they will hide their hidden charges on the website. You are in a foreign country and find out that you have to pay for your luggage.

Also, a family member of mine flew with them very recently and they charged him $45 dollars for his small carry on.

They're a great airline if you are looking to get your 4'0" physical body (and nothing else) from point A to point B through the air at the lowest cost possible.

Everything on top of that is extra. I feel like they're pretty upfront about that.

I have to say for one of the cheapest airlines in the world, Air Asia has some of the prettiest flight attendants.
It wasn't always that way either.

USA Domestic:

Virgin America kicks ass, without a doubt the best domestic flying experience. Categorically better in every way compared to the big 5/3. Unfortunately has a limited set of airports.

Delta will fuck you every possible way. Minneapolis (from their Northwest merger) and Atlanta are their uber-hubs, MSP jams in the winter with snow and Atlanta is just jammed.

United has been decent for me, even flying on the east coast.

Frontier and Alaska have been good to me for regionally-limited service.

Intl: Have had equally comparable mid-level but decent service with KLM, Delta and United flying across the Atlantic. Cathay Pacific is outstanding going from USA/Canada to Asia.

I love Cathay. Awesome airline.

I also like Nok and Air Asia because they are cheap and have exclusively young, hot flight attendants.

Quote: (09-05-2014 09:29 AM)Kdog Wrote:  

Has anyone flown Norwegian Air Shuttle? I am flying a 12 hour Bkk-Oslo next week on their newer 787 Dreamliner. Apparently the entertainment units are good and there is a plug in so I can use my laptop on that grueling flight.

Yep. I'm also next week flying BKK-Stockholm with a 787 Dreamliner.

I have nothing to complain about the 11 hour flight.
It's modern and quite comfortable. And you can order anything from the touchscreen and I was surprised how the service is. They are damn quick.

Norwegian is at least half the price of all other airlines from Northern Europe to Bangkok. I'm not complaining.
Entertainment is pretty good and a plugin for every seat.

Much better than fucking Finnair. And half the price..

Delete

Aeroflot transatlantic was equal to Singapore transatlantic, in my opinion. Both top-notch. Prefer the Aeroflot stewardess hotties to Singapore's though [Image: lol.gif]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

If in terms of the air-hostesses then I'll go with any airline based in South-East Aisa ala Silk Air & Singapore Airlines just to name two.

Quote: (09-07-2014 04:18 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

Quote: (09-05-2014 09:29 AM)Kdog Wrote:  

Yep. I'm also next week flying BKK-Stockholm with a 787 Dreamliner.

I have nothing to complain about the 11 hour flight.
It's modern and quite comfortable. And you can order anything from the touchscreen and I was surprised how the service is. They are damn quick.

Norwegian is at least half the price of all other airlines from Northern Europe to Bangkok. I'm not complaining.
Entertainment is pretty good and a plugin for every seat.

Much better than fucking Finnair. And half the price..

Reviews seem to be hit or miss. As long to fly on the Dreamliner then everything will be good. If for some reason their is a mechanical failure or they switch airplanes (which from reviews they seem to at times) then you're SOL.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

I've had consistently good runs with Cathay and Singapore Air for long haul flights.

Also been using Qantas lately, buying their special deals, and found them very good.

Flew London to Bucharest with Wizzair recently. Worst airline ever. Cheap and nasty, except it wasn't cheap.

Worst airline is Spirit, no doubt. Nickle and dime you while the planes are shit. I thought the plane was going to fall apart midair.