rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Get the best sound from your PC and Android phone.

While I was partying these 2 weeks, I came across awesome studio-grade sound mods - Viper4Android and Viper4Windows. It allows you to have rumbling "spring" type bass you hear on big speakers to be played by common cheap speakers (TV, USB, computer...), it increases the clarity of the song without sounding "cheap", it has great surround effects... In short, the effects aren't cheap like the ones you get using equalizers or "bass boost" mods (megabass, beats audio...). Viper4Android needs root (see my link in the sig if you wanna root your phone or PM if you get stuck rooting), but the effects are system-wide (change a setting in Viper, both Windows and Android, and every sound from your device will be changed, so no need to worry about worrying if you've configured everything right - if it works it works for all apps). It even has Cure Tech+ - an attempt to make the ears fell little to no pain on bass-heavy and loud songs - it works better than I expected.

Viper4Windows is pretty straitforward - download the ZIP file, unpack it, select x86 for 32-bit windows, or x64 for 64-bit, select devices that will be affected, restart and you're good to go! If you aren't sure about 32-bit or 64-bit, right-click on my computer and there will be 32 or 64-bit, depending on which Windows you have installed.
[Image: ofNyE0e.jpg]

Viper4Android has 2 mods - FX and XHiFi. FX has more effects while XHiFi is used for clarity - the audio reconstruction in XHiFi makes low-quality mp3's (think youtube at 240p) actually sound clear! You can read about it's features here - I highly recommend your read this so you can correctly configure Viper.
To install, first root the phone (see my sig for more info), download and extract FX and XHiFi, install Viper4Android (Viper4Android_2.3 if your android version is lower than 4.0 and Viper4Android_4.x if it's over 4.0 - go to settings->about phone to see the version information) and after installing both of them, open them. After a little bit they will ask for driver download, select the middle one (high audio) or the bottom one (battery saving) if your phone is low-end, and reboot. When it turns on again, open either FX or XHiFi and tick "Enable", press the menu button while in app, then press UI Setting, and choose expert. That's it! For bass I found that in FX natural bass at 100hz is "that" bass - the "spring" rumbling eargasm bass! Also make sure Cure Tech+ is ticked if you like to listen to heavy bass at high volume for a long time. You can configure additional settings to your liking - FX is for effects, while XHiFi if for sound reconstruction.
Of course, you can leave both of them on, but leaving both of them activated will drain your battery faster and use more processing power, and XHiFi will reduce the bass a bit.
There's even a thread for sound profiles - enter any settings in that thread and you'll get the desired effect - no need to experiment as much to find the settings you most like!

Now enjoy great sound on almost any speakers or headphones - you'll be surprised how good Viper is!

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

I found an awesome sound preset for eargasmic bass yet great clarity that will make all of you puke rainbows, yet is good for most music genres! I modified this preset a bit to my liking and now I feel like there's a new world of music waiting for me! Go to the preset link and apply all settings, just change this:

ViPER Bass:
Select Bass Mode: Natural Bass
Select Bass Frequency: 100 Hz

ViPER Clarity:
Select Clarity Mode: XHiFi
Select Clarity: 6.0 dB (8.0 if the sound feels muffled)

Cure Tech+:
Select Binaural Level: Moderate (Light or off if your ears can handle the bass)

For convolver download and then extract the file from the preset thread to internal memory -> Viper4Android -> Kernel, select "impulse response" in app and choose Dolby ProLogic II. Reduce output gain and limit threshold if you experience crackles, bass overpowering volume or want more control over volume - I recommend reducing output gain and limit threshold to minimum.

Now play these songs without and with effects to see the massive difference:

Edit: I didn't use XHiFi settings from that thead (I only activate it if the original song is of awful quality since it reduces the bass) and I changed the limit threshold to 0 (since there isn't any cracking on my phone, reduce it step by step if there's any cracking). Everything else is the same as above.
Also, even though I think it's common sense, I still feel I should write it: make sure to backup your internal memory before rooting - you wouldn't wanna lose access to your files in the (unlikely) event something goes wrong, would ya? If you follow rooting instruction clearly the chance something will go wrong is less than a beta's chance to go out with a 8, and even if something goes wrong, the files are still there, and restoring the system isn't very hard - PM me if something gets wrong.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Hmmm might try this out, Great song to test it with will probably be mercy

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

If we were living in some sort of post apocalyptic movie, Mental would be that guy who the main character says "oh we have to go and see my friend" and its some cyborg robotic engineer in a basement of a secret warehouse that gives them special weapons or hacks into some super computer for them.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (01-08-2014 06:09 PM)wiscanada Wrote:  

If we were living in some sort of post apocalyptic movie, Mental would be that guy who the main character says "oh we have to go and see my friend" and its some cyborg robotic engineer in a basement of a secret warehouse that gives them special weapons or hacks into some super computer for them.

Don't forget the special cybernetic dick for all the whores in the basement - now with Ultra-Vaginal VBass® and special oxytocin VagInj® injector for maximum satisfaction!

Its somewhat scary how much this guy can do with regular equipment.

By the way Mental, can I PM you with a question? I want to know what would I need to crack nearby wi-fi signals consistently. I had an app for that, but it was shitty.

Are those settings for best all around quality? Good for rock, rap, techno, etc?

Quote: (01-08-2014 06:22 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Its somewhat scary how much this guy can do with regular equipment.

By the way Mental, can I PM you with a question? I want to know what would I need to crack nearby wi-fi signals consistently. I had an app for that, but it was shitty.

You can't do that (yet), unless you have Galaxy S1, Galaxy S2, Nexus One or Nexus 7. However, some routers have default passwords and this app will show you which Wi-Fi can be cracked. Even for normal computers, you need special Wi-Fi receivers which support "packet injection". Only those 4 phones above support that (for now). If you have one of these 4 phones, feel free to PM.

Quote: (01-08-2014 06:22 PM)houston Wrote:  

Are those settings for best all around quality? Good for rock, rap, techno, etc?

I like clarity at 6 db for bass music (techno, trance, dubstep...) while clarity at 8 db for metal, rock... Even if you don't change the settings, it still sounds good for pretty much any genre. However, you can also try this convolver - I find this even better (but not much) for bass music, but it lacks something for "normal" music, so I keep the Dolby convolver (and Dolby is much louder). There are even more settings in the Viper thread - open the link in first post and explore! You'll be pleasantly surprised at the effects people put there! Or if you are lazy:
Quote:Quote:

There's even a thread for sound profiles - enter any settings in that thread and you'll get the desired effect - no need to experiment as much to find the settings you most like!

Edit: try the 100hz natural bass at 12db - this is how heaven is supposed to sound like [Image: biggrin.gif]

There's something I forgot about installing Viper4Android - if it asks you to select something like neon or vfp or cortex you can either:

-> Download CPU-Z from play store (no root needed, you can uninstall it after installing Viper) and read the CPU architecture. If you see Cortex A9 or Cortex A9/15 (Cortex A9 in the image from Play Store) then select Cortex A9/15 with NEON when Viper asks for installing, if Cortex A8 select A8...
Galaxy S3 is A9, Galaxy S4 is A9/15...

-> Check wikipedia:
[Image: VGEzdHB.jpg]
[Image: hJA4qMe.png]

Basically, newer phones and more powerful phones are either A9/15 (Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, HTC One...) or a8 (Galaxy S2), weaker (like the cortex a5 above) or older phones with over 800mhz support vfp, and under 800 mhz (really old phones) usually don't. If you see ARMv7, it's A9/15, ARMv8 is A8, while everything below v7 (ARMv6, v5...) is vfp - dual core or over 800mhz supports vfp, while under 800 doesn't.
If you didn't already install Busybox as recommended from the Essential Tools thread, go ahead and install it now using Smart Install in app (Normal shouldn't pose any problems, but Smart install is more comprehensive, so I recommend Smart Install) - Viper (and a lot of root apps) won't work properly without Busybox.

If possible, try not to select "without vfp" as it doesn't support convolver (you'll be missing alot without it) - only use it if other settings don't work.

Wait you have to root to do this? God dammit. I might have to do it one evening this week but i really don't want to.

Quote: (01-08-2014 07:57 PM)houston Wrote:  

Wait you have to root to do this? God dammit. I might have to do it one evening this week but i really don't want to.

Try the windows app - it's not as good as android version, but it's very close.

I really wish there was a true radio-style multiband compressor/limiter with AGC for Android like there are for Windows. I love Stereo Tool but it's for x86 only [Image: sad.gif]

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Quote: (01-08-2014 08:16 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

I really wish there was a true radio-style multiband compressor/limiter with AGC for Android like there are for Windows. I love Stereo Tool but it's for x86 only [Image: sad.gif]

Are you sure?
[Image: WsEGp6g.png]
[Image: sEPG2N2.png]
Yes, the player's ugly, but I'm not the one who needs a compressor...

Edit: I've found the perfect companion for Viper: a mod increase the volume steps from default 15 up to 45 - you'll have much more control over the volume.
Install Xposed Framework (direct link). When you open the app (Xposed Installer), select framework, then press install/update, and when it's done restart the phone. When it restarts, open the app again, select download, search for XVolume, download and install it, then go back from download. Now select modules, tick the XVolume mod and restart. When the phone is restarted, find XVolume like a normal app and select how many steps it should have - 30 or 45 steps means much more precise volume control!

Quote: (01-08-2014 06:30 PM)mental Wrote:  

Even for normal computers, you need special Wi-Fi receivers which support "packet injection".

Can you recommend which one should I buy? I use my phones data plan to connect my computer when I travel, but is slow, and dries up fast if downloading even moderately. What Im looking for is a compact system that I can hook up to my netbook, crack the nearest or strongest signal available, and use that one instead.

Quote: (01-08-2014 09:38 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2014 06:30 PM)mental Wrote:  

Even for normal computers, you need special Wi-Fi receivers which support "packet injection".

Can you recommend which one should I buy? I use my phones data plan to connect my computer when I travel, but is slow, and dries up fast if downloading even moderately. What Im looking for is a compact system that I can hook up to my netbook, crack the nearest or strongest signal available, and use that one instead.

Here's a list of adapters - they all support packet injection, scroll down on the page to see the details. Dunno if those are USB, so here's a list of USB adapters. I hope you know how to use backtrack or kali linux, and that the network is WEP protected - for WPA you need large dictionaries - if you don't know how to use backtrack, kali or windows tools for wireless auditing then I can't help you since there's a lot more to do compared to android tools for wifi - you'll need to learn quite a few commands in terminal for linux. Now let's get back to the thread about awesome audio!

No, but ill learn now that I know what I need.

Sorry for the derailing. Thanks for all the great tips.

I downloaded the one for windows. There are so many settings I don't even know what to do with it as I'm not a sound engineer and don't know what much of this stuff even means.

Quote: (01-08-2014 10:17 PM)germanico Wrote:  

No, but ill learn now that I know what I need.

Sorry for the derailing. Thanks for all the great tips.

Np, glad to help.

Quote: (01-08-2014 10:35 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I downloaded the one for windows. There are so many settings I don't even know what to do with it as I'm not a sound engineer and don't know what much of this stuff even means.

Just select freestyle, natural xbass, xhifi clarity and cure tech (higher settings reduces the quality a little bit but your ears don't hurt as much - I use medium on android and slight on pc)- smaller speaker size in xbass increases the bass. Even with just those settings your system will sound like rainbows!

Quote: (01-08-2014 10:46 PM)mental Wrote:  

Even with just those settings your system will sound like rainbows!

It does.

Just installed it. It was easy and the small speaker in my computer sounds incredible.

Okay, I see some of you like the effects so far - the settings so far are good for common earphones and most speakers. But to really appreciate it, you need to know how to configure it properly for usage with high-quality headphones (like my Sennheiser HD515). Leaving the settings like that for good headphones will make them sound somewhat "bland " - yes, Viper's so good you can hear irregularities in the sound very easily. Fortunately, it's not very hard to fix - only 2-3 settings need changing. You can find detailed explanation about every feature here, but since you're lazy, I'll give you the short version.

Before starting, press menu in the app so you can create some profiles for easy loading (load effect profile and save effect profile, I have 2 for speakers and one for the HD515). Save the current profile so you don't need to re-enter it when you're done listening to your headphones.

First thing you may notice (due to the loud Dolby convolver) is constant hissing. No problem, first enable PlaybackAGC, select effect strenght, and reduce max output and max gain until you don't hear hissing or you're satisfied with the volume - I had to use extreme strenght, 1x gain and -10.5 output to get rid of hissing and reduce the volume (the phone and headphones are already very loud even without viper).

Cross-channel "widens" the sound without surround, so try that out, you'll be satisfied (I keep it at 25 percent).

Next, we need to solve the problem of the "bland" sound. No problem, go to dynamic system (just above viper bass), enable it, and then press "select listening device". Choose any device you want - common headphones has a good "all-around" sound good for any headphones (good bass and nice details, but may be heavy on ears), high-end headphones are good headphones (think Sennheisser, Grado...), while extreme headphones are very expensive studio headphones (think at least $600 headphones). There will also be v1 and v2 headphone effects - v1 has very VERY strong bass but that's it, while v2 has eargasmic warm bass and amazing details. After you've selected the device, increase the dynamic bass until your ears have sex. Tube simulator is self-explanatory.

Now press menu, select save effect profile, name it, and you're done. Next time, just press menu, load effect profile and choose it.

You can create as many profiles as you want so you don't lose your favorite settings - now go and experiment!

Mental, is there something like this for the Mac or iPhones?

Quote: (01-09-2014 12:48 AM)villageindian Wrote:  

Mental, is there something like this for the Mac or iPhones?

Don't have an iPhone. Maybe there is, but I doubt it since iOS can't be customized in any meaningful way - you get it, you're stuck with it. If you're willing to risk, you can try installing iDroid. For mac, you could try boot camping windows.

As a working musician and amateur audio engineer, I was highly skeptical of this but figured I'd give it a try.

...Was not disappointed. Wow.
Thanks very much Mental!

My favorite example so far of how much this thing improves sub bass clarity and oomph:

Pay attention to crazy bass hits, especially at 1:32, 2:23 & 2:51.
Holy, fucking, shit.

Quick question, if I'm using the headphone jack on my cellphone, the Android version will still work right? I can use it on my car stereo aux in?

Quote: (01-09-2014 01:42 AM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

As a working musician and amateur audio engineer, I was highly skeptical of this but figured I'd give it a try.

...Was not disappointed. Wow.
Thanks very much Mental!

My favorite example so far of how much this thing improves sub bass clarity and oomph:

Pay attention to crazy bass hits, especially at 1:32, 2:23 & 2:51.
Holy, fucking, shit.

Quick question, if I'm using the headphone jack on my cellphone, the Android version will still work right? I can use it on my car stereo aux in?

Told ya! It's like sex for ears!

You're right - headset uses the 3.5 mm jack - anything using the 3.5mm jack will receive the sound (maybe even the USB amp is affected but I can't confirm that since I don't have a MicroUSB portable amp), speaker is for phone speaker, bluetooth is self-explanatory (but I found it loses power easily with my preset in viper so I only use cable). Also don't forget to check out the preset thread on xda - there are some really really amazing effects there - the preset I've given in my second post is in fact based on one of those presets!

Edit: here's the image - you can activate or deactivate any of the 3 outputs:
[Image: MTzjxfc.png]
You should also try XHiFi (the app, not the clarity setting) - old 128kbps mp3's never sounded clearer - you'll be even more surprised how good the audio driver is!

You may have noticed that my preset in second post contains an EQ setting. Since modifying it using your fingers isn't really precise, here's what to do:

1. Apply any settings you want
2. Tick the FIREqualizer option, for preset select custom
3. Press menu, save effect profile, and name it however you want (let's name it "Best sound ever").
4. Go to internal memory->ViPER4Android->Profile and find your preset, it has a .prf extension (in this example it's "Best sound ever.prf")
5. Either copy it to your PC for easier editing or open it with any text editor in android.
6. Skip anything saying "true" or "false" and find the line "fireq.custom=string="
7. After the "string=" you should see some decimal numbers separated by a semicolon; those are your EQ settings - just replace the numbers with numbers given in the link in my second post (or just write down the values from the image).
[Image: fcDNPLg.png]
8. Save it, copy it back to internal->ViPER4Android->Profile if editing on a pc, just save it normally if editing from phone.
9. Go back to Viper app, press menu, press load effect profile, and load it back (in this case, Best Sound Ever).

That's it!

Of course, by editing other strings in the file you can get even better music, but that's impractical unless you have tons of free time on your hands and have lots of patience.