rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Toronto Tips?

Toronto Tips?

Might be going soon for a few days or so for work, but might as well make the most of it.

Any hotel or nightlife recommendations?

Toronto Tips?

I got you holmes.

Hotels (I have stayed at both):

http://www.germaintoronto.com/en/index.asp (great bar and great restaurant)

http://www.metropolitan.com/soho/ (I liked this one more overall)

Restaurants:

http://www.convictionrestaurant.com/ (This one is new since I have been, but I loved his old one. He and wife are super cool, gave me pro-bono meals, and even let me spark up cigarettes in there. But I got it like that.)

I know a few more, and if you are super interested, I will spend the time re-looking them up. It haven't notice a huge food interest on this site thus far.

As far as nightclubs, I have trouble remembering names, but there are a lot on I think king street, or queen street or both. Real user friendly and easy to figure out. Plus, I bet many have changed since I have been (about 4 years ago was last time).

Girls are super, super approachable and guys are super, super docile. Compared to what I am used to anyway.

Have fun, I love that spot, I was like Jordan in the 4th in that place.

I couldn't miss.

Toronto Tips?

G is on point with his suggestions. Le Germain is my favorite hotel in the city. Highly recommend it. Good location too.

I grew up near TO.... in scarborough

Restaurants - I recommend Ultra, Brassaii, Ki, Kiwe....downtown but not King/Queen West: Dimmi, Sassafraz, Pizzerie Libretto...

Clubs - Muzik (hottest girls in the city...there is no debate...you'll need a cab...it's on the outskirts of dtown), Century Room, Circa, C Lounge (although much better in summer)

Good places to drop in/grab a drink:
Tattoo rock parlour (Mash up club...when the girls are hot there, they are very hot)
Rok Boutique - same
The Drake hotel
Panorama - just for a view of the skyline...beats paying $50 at the tower
Bier Market - if you re into beer

I think G is very skilled, the consensus of most who come to Toronto is that the girls have bad attitudes. Most notably, unwarranted attitudes. I ve done much better in LA, LV with much better looking girls.

Having said that, if you meet real Canadian girls, you will have a great time. I recommend day game.

Toronto Tips?

"I think G is very skilled, the consensus of most who come to Toronto is that the girls have bad attitudes."

There is no doubt I have enough skills for 100's of Playboys, but as a disclaimer, I did go during the "up economy" and it was summer with perfect weather.

I also was real fired up both times I went because I have a place in my heart for Toronto (many of my Irish side moved to Toronto back in the day.)

I have also been there many times as a kid to visit fam.

Toronto Tips?

This looks like a solid data sheet (as "G" might say).

Thanks guys

Toronto Tips?

I also second Luckystar on The Drake hotel.

Also, the chinatown and little italy have solid grinds.

I also went out to some places outside the main section that were solid, the names escape me though.

I was rolling with a top tier Nightlife Princess ( http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2006/08/nig...esses.html ) there that showed me around.

Toronto Tips?

Quote: (01-14-2010 07:18 PM)toddh Wrote:  

Might be going soon for a few days or so for work, but might as well make the most of it.

Any hotel or nightlife recommendations?

Sunday - Cheval or Century Room
Monday Night - C Lounge or Rockwood
Tues - Century Room
Wed - Lot 332, Lobby, Cobra
Thurs-Sat - all big clubs are happening along Richmond St and King St

My favs -

Sat - Sky Bar - Gov't in Summer, Wet Bar - Fri/Sat only

Friday is kinda an off night - use it to recuperate.

Richmond st club district is mainly 19-25 yr olds. King St is 25-35 yr old crowd.

For one night stand always ask where the girls are from. Especially on the wkds a lot of the girls are from suburbs - eg - Mississauga. It is difficult to bring them back to your hotel b/c they have a ride going back to the burbs. Their friends will cockblock it. Your probability of one nighters will be better on the off nights - Sun -Thurs b/c the people out will mainly be city girls.

Toronto girls often have unwarranted bad attitudes. It is not uncommon to have a 5-6 give you a huge bitch shield. It is comical. You just have to plough - don't expect them to be receptive in the first 2 minutes.

The cool thing is you can find girls from all over the world - tons of Asians, Indians, European looking girls, Russians - so there is great variety.

Toronto Tips?

"Toronto girls often have unwarranted bad attitudes. It is not uncommon to have a 5-6 give you a huge bitch shield. It is comical. You just have to plough - don't expect them to be receptive in the first 2 minutes."

I really found the opposite of that. I thought girls were super approachable.

However this is all relative, and I could have been experiencing benefits of being on the visiting team.

Toronto Tips?

Toronto girls are approachable, but transitioning into a same night bang is not very common in Toronto unless you know the terrain.

First of all, if the chick does not live downtown, it is not happening. Just move on to the next chick. This is finally improving with the ridiculous condo boom that's been going on downtown for 10 years, with almost all university grads moving into and staying downtown.

I would agree that all of the bars and clubs recommended above are pretty decent on the right nights. There are lots of hot chicks per capita in Toronto, and the clubs listed are all rammed with hot babies. But, you have to avoid the 905-ers (anyone who lives outside Toronto city limits) and the destinations they frequent. Unfortunately, the King Street West strip and all mega-clubs are predominatly 905-ers, especially Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Partying Sunday through Wednesday, you'll have better luck (although it is somewhat quieter.)

If you are interested only in getting laid, the destination is 2 Cats at King at Portland. 25 - 40 year old chicks, divorcees, damaged goods, hardened to the game of prey, using you as much as you're using them, but impossible not to get laid.

The better scene over the past 2 years is definitely Queen Street West (way west), around Ossington. The Drake, Beaconsfield, Brooklynn, are all awesome. Mostly chicks that live downtown. Mostly in their mid to late twenties. Know how to party. Approachable, or will even approach you. Generally just a good vibe - the only consistently good vibe area in Toronto.

But, for all fans of this site - be forewarned - there are NO HISPANIC CHICKS in Toronto. Zero. Adjust your radar for Eastern European descendents (Croatian, Serbian, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian), South Asian (Indian and Pakistani), and Asian (Chinese, Korean, and Philipina) if you're looking for ethnics - very abundant in these categories. But your basic Canadian anglo saxon descent twenty-something is going to be the first one to hop in bed with you, if that turns your crank...

Toronto Tips?

I vaguely remember this place that had a restaurant downstairs and a rooftop vibe upstairs.

Mad girls there. Fly ones.

Any of you know which spot I am talking about? (I realize this is pretty vague, but the place was a standout).

Toronto Tips?

Quote: (03-08-2010 11:44 PM)Weapons Wrote:  

But, for all fans of this site - be forewarned - there are NO HISPANIC CHICKS in Toronto. Zero. Adjust your radar for Eastern European descendents (Croatian, Serbian, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian), South Asian (Indian and Pakistani), and Asian (Chinese, Korean, and Philipina) if you're looking for ethnics - very abundant in these categories. But your basic Canadian anglo saxon descent twenty-something is going to be the first one to hop in bed with you, if that turns your crank...

Interesting!! I was in Toronto last year for 3 nights only, and I am 100% Hispanic (and look it): black messy hair, black/dark eyes and Miami beach suntan skin)..

I have to tell you man..I felt like Brad Pitt in Canada!! Women were approaching me everywhere asking me if I was Spanish and wanting Spanish lessons. I ended up taking a SMOKING HOT solid 10 Tae-Bo instructor back to my hotel - she was anglo-white Canadian, and I truly loved it when she whispered in French in my ears, nasty things she liked - and I did the same for her in Spanish which drove her wild too. She kept showing me off to her Canadian girlfriends as if saying "look at what I caught, and will be having for dinner tonight" - it was weird watching a smoking hot woman, show me off, as it would normally be the other way around back home.

But, the funny part is, she was the one that escalated the whole process - not me! I basically felt like a girl getting hit on all night - and yes, I loved it!

I never completely understood what I did that night to get so much attention, and I was not privy to the knowledge that Canadians crave Latino meat badly (JUST LIKE YOU GUYS HERE) lol!, and supplies being scarce...all this time I just thought Canadian chics were just plain easy for everyone...damn I have to get back to Canada!!

The old saying is true - wherever you are unique and different - you are exotic!

The same happened to me in Nebreska, and remote dominant white towns of America. All these little college white girls are all over me - life is good :-)

Toronto Tips?

Yah that's a true observation.....they re isn't very many latinos in Toronto. I wouldn't say Toronto guys are hot for latinas, but you re right Armani...I think the girls do respond well to latin blood. Another thing I would say about Toronto girls....I don't find them very Canadian in behavior (compared to American girls they do stand out as Canadian). But if you want girls with awesome attitudes, 'yes' girls as I call them.....then venture to other places in Canada other than Toronto. Montreal is a good start for 'yes' girls.

Toronto Tips?

Great advice, and I have already banged a Montreal girl living in Miami. I actually got her at a perfect time, as she was very new in Miami, and needed soemone to show her around. Unfortunately, after 2 years of being contaminated by American "I'm my daddys princess" bitches, she realized how highly sought after she was by both american, and latino men of Miami. She turned into a stuck-up bitch we have all come to know well in our own home of USA. It was sad to watch her completely transformed from a happy, 'yes' girl - to a "what kind of car do you drive" Miami bitch!

You're right, Montreal girls very friendly especially the Phillipino ones - they are very friendly and eager to screw your brains out as soon as they are comfortable with you (which is not long).

Now, I have not had the pleasure of visiting Montreal yet, but believe me, that is about to change really fast!

Any info you can give me on just Montreal similar to what was posted here about Toronto?

Toronto Tips?

"then venture to other places in Canada other than Toronto. Montreal is a good start for 'yes' girls. "

I have Montreal on my docket in June.

Toronto Tips?

G, armani.....June is definitely THE time to go to MTL. The busiest weekend in MTL is F1 week. Although the crowds will be ridiculous and everything will be overpriced, it will have a very, very european feel to it as many europeans come over for the race. There will be a lot of russian/east european girls available to swoop in on. If you want to score EE girls on NA soil, there may not be a better place and time.

Even if you don't go during F1 week, it will be lively. Everybody is out, the wine if flowing, and girls are ready to party. Plenty of beautiful Quebecois women to prey on. I can give good recommendations for hotels, clubs, restaurants, etc. I am pretty familiar with MTL and typically live the good life when I m there. Msg me before you go/book. I ve been meaning to leave a nice data sheet for everyone....I ll do so soon enough.

Toronto Tips?

"The busiest weekend in MTL is F1 week."

You got the dates on that?

I might try to avoid, not to shy away or anything, but I don't want to go head to head with F1 cats in a city that I have zero juice.

Those F1 cats are serious comp.

Although, I could always pretend to be one...

"I am pretty familiar with MTL and typically live the good life when I m there."

Its a little early for me, but while you are at it, throw down a data sheet on: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-245.ht...t=montreal

Toronto Tips?

"G, armani.....June is definitely THE time to go to MTL. The busiest weekend in MTL is F1 week."

Careful guys - The Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal was cancelled this year due to financial and political bullshit. May be back in 2011.

June is good because it's hot, but I would recommend Montreal around the time the Universities get out for the summer - early April (before exams) or May (there is a summer school session in May.) The city is much busier when the students are downtown. Doesn't mean you have to prey on students, but it just makes the overall party more lively.

I made some recommendations on Montreal in response to the "Second Tier Cities" thread in the Travel section. It's not a second tier city...

The layout is straightforward - Spend the days walking St. Laurent and St. Catharines, McGill Campus, and Mount Royal. Mount Royal on any Hot Sunday has a huge gathering of laid back people centered around hippies playing bongos. These are all prime day game destinations to ask around about the evenings activities. You will also find lots of bars, restaurants and retail along St. Laurent, St Catharines, and St. Urbain where you can ask where the party's at that night. By dinner you'll have 1000 better options than I could never provide you with here...

There is more of a Hispanic community (Colombians) in Montreal than Toronto, so you may not be as much of a novelty there.

But yes, Quebecois chicks are extremely hot, and lots of fun. I'm really trying to convince myself I should just drop my Argie obsession, and focus on these Frenchies closer to home, but I'm not ready to give up yet...

Toronto Tips?

Quote: (03-09-2010 10:39 PM)Weapons Wrote:  

"G, armani.....June is definitely THE time to go to MTL. The busiest weekend in MTL is F1 week."

Careful guys - The Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal was cancelled this year due to financial and political bullshit. May be back in 2011.

June is good because it's hot, but I would recommend Montreal around the time the Universities get out for the summer - early April (before exams) or May (there is a summer school session in May.) The city is much busier when the students are downtown. Doesn't mean you have to prey on students, but it just makes the overall party more lively.

I made some recommendations on Montreal in response to the "Second Tier Cities" thread in the Travel section. It's not a second tier city...

The layout is straightforward - Spend the days walking St. Laurent and St. Catharines, McGill Campus, and Mount Royal. Mount Royal on any Hot Sunday has a huge gathering of laid back people centered around hippies playing bongos. These are all prime day game destinations to ask around about the evenings activities. You will also find lots of bars, restaurants and retail along St. Laurent, St Catharines, and St. Urbain where you can ask where the party's at that night. By dinner you'll have 1000 better options than I could never provide you with here...

There is more of a Hispanic community (Colombians) in Montreal than Toronto, so you may not be as much of a novelty there.

But yes, Quebecois chicks are extremely hot, and lots of fun. I'm really trying to convince myself I should just drop my Argie obsession, and focus on these Frenchies closer to home, but I'm not ready to give up yet...

F1 is back.....unless the F1 website is wrong.

http://www.formula1.com/races/calendar.html

Toronto Tips?

Quote: (03-09-2010 10:39 PM)Weapons Wrote:  

I kinda felt there were lots of Colombians in Montreal - you see, often times when I find myself beating the streets of Colombia, I'll bump into a girl who gives me resistance to bang/escalate. She'll usually say something like "Oh, I have a serious boyfriend living abroad...in Canada, and I am very faithful to him".

I have heard this numerous times in the past years as Last minute resistance from local Colombian girls, about a serious boyfriend who went to Canada to build a better life for himself and send money back home to his family.

Here's where my great Oscar caliber acting skills come into play...

I then look in shock, and reply" Oh no, let me guess....he left for Montreal! Please don't tell me your serious boyfriend lives in Montreal....please, say anywhere but Montreal!!"

By this point, she'll look at me completely amazed, and wondering how in the world I knew that. She'll reply "Why...yeeees, Montreal, how did you know?"

My reply "Oh... you poor, poor dear - Montreal is the heart of where the most beautiful, single women in all of North America live- do you think Celine Dion or Nelly Furtado are pretty women? Well, they do not hold a candlestick to the normal girl walking the streets of Montreal!"

By this time she is completely drawn into my conversation...

"Montreal, has the highest concentration of single, beautiful women per capita, more than any city in <insert current city you are in Colombia here> A man can easily have 4 or 5 gorgeous Nelly Furtado type women at a time all to himself in Canada - why do you think they require even Americans to get a Visa to go there?"

"let me ask you something, are you sure that when your "serious boyfriend" fails to call you one night, it is really because he is working late?"

Well, needless to say, this puts enough doubt in her mind, to really bother her the rest of the night...if not days.

Later on that evening after a few hours, my cell phone rings....it's her

"hey, did you still want me to come over tonight?"

The End!

=)

Toronto Tips?

Excellent technique.

Toronto Tips?

Toronto Travel Secrets will help you figure out how to get to Toronto and what to do when you arrive.It is also the home of the largest Chinese community in Canada and the largest Portuguese community in North America.

Toronto Tips?

toddh,

How did this trip work out for you?

Did you stay at either of these?

http://www.germaintoronto.com/en/index.asp (great bar and great restaurant)

http://www.metropolitan.com/soho/ (I liked this one more overall)

Any feedback at all?

Toronto Tips?

Just walk the streets and use your eyes... For the young crowd 19-23 spadina and richmond street district is fine. For the older crowds Queen st west (lots of lounges, dive bars, places with character,, and king st west if you want the high end club feel..Supper clubs are really popular,, just do a search and you will see a few. Check out club photos from clubzone.com or hype...

Better, just go to a girl or a group and ask what they would recommend to a foreigner,, maybe even join them!

Toronto has its plusses and minuses. The various ethnic groups makes it awesome to see and taste many things, but at the same time racism/discrimination does play a part. You have certain cultures not wanting to talk to that culture and so on. This attitude is brought into the clubs along with some asshole doormans. So, you can see how it may be a snobby atmosphere.

Toronto Tips?

Hey, I know this is an old post but Im new so I figured I would share some knowledge on Toronto. I lived at Queen/Spadina with a pretty eclectic group of roomates so I got to see some pretty cool stuff and experience most of the city. I went to grad school there for 2 years doing a masters in fine art; I pretty much just painted naked chicks all day for 2 years- I know its a hard job but someone has to do it! Haha

The Fairmont Royal York is a pretty wicked hotel although its fairly pricey. The hotel bar is pretty decent for picking up other guests, or even locals. A lot of movie stars stay there for the Toronto International Film Festival so this is probably your only chance to get brutally rejected by Jessica Alba or Mila Kunis.

The guy who mentioned The Drake earlier knows what he's talking about. Its a nice restaurant that turns into a lounge bar later in the night. The crowd is a probably early 30's, which is a little to old for my tastes (I'm 23) but I always had a good time if I had to schmooze with some potential buyers and convince them to part with some cash. It was kind of pricey but the people I was with usually threw money around like it was nothing so I didn't have to worry too much... it was a pretty surreal experience shaking hands at the end of the night to a successful business deal then watching these guys drive off in their porsche's and bmw's while I walked to the streetcar!

HOME is a descent hip hop club if you're into that sort of thing. Lots of black/latino chicks here for the picking. I went here for a friends birthday and got VIP bottle service in the back. I don't know if I would go again though, I always get stared down by random black dudes because Im a white guy with dreads (parlour dreads not those damn dirty hippy ones!!!) I just got the impression that if I didn't show up with a whole crew of my own black friends that some shit would have gone down. Its hard to explain... [Image: undecided.gif]

Horseshoe tavern downtown is your typical dirty rock bar but they have good prices on beer and they usually have some good bands playing in the back room on Friday/Saturday. Theres another rock bar downtown across from one of the hostels but I can't remember the name right now. Rocker chicks galore![Image: banana.gif]

Rockwood is a pretty cool bar/club downtown as well. 20's crowd. Lots of good looking women and its easy to outperform those Jersey Shore rejects with the fake tans. Check out the website http://www.rockwoodclub.com

Lounge mentioned earlier is a nice upscale club but its way better in the summer when the rooftop is open so I wouldn't bother with it the colder months. Usually lots of women with lots of bitch shields. I like a challenge though...

Crush Wine Bar on King Street West is an amazing restaurant and will guarantee that you get laid afterwards. I have yet to meet a chick that doesn't wanna get it on after french cuisine, red wine and an intimate conversation. Pretty expensive place but worth every penny.

For anyone thats into afterhours clubs there is a hidden one at 206 Spadina. It opens Saturdays at 2am and goes till 6 or 7 in the morning. The bouncers wont let you in if you're trying to make it a sausage fest so make sure you bring some girls from your earlier adventures in the night and leave the boys at home. Lots of easy drunk chicks here. If you have any game it should take you 30min tops to swoop in and get back to your place. This place gets pretty intense with some nice electro beats and people smoking blunts in the middle of the dance floor. There's a poker game going on in the back if you're into that. You can make some nice cash just pretending to be trashed if you want to hustle them.

If you like asian cuisine check out the dumpling house at 328 Spadina! It looks like a total dive but in the back there are pictures of the owners with celebrities and big politicians eating at the restaurant. Its cheap and amazing.

If your feeling classy or trying to impress someone you should check out Hiro Sushi on King Street East. Its easily one of Toronto's best sushi restaurants but its pretty expensive.

Circa mentioned earlier in the thread has been closed down.

Hopefully this helps out anyone that plans on visiting Toronto soon. Either way you're gonna have a great time.

Toronto Tips?

Khaleth - nice post man. I have just returned to the Tdot and so much has changed. Where do you hang?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com