rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

KickAss Torrents [kat.cr] Taken Down by FBI

Quote:Quote:

The U.S. Government has arrested the alleged owner of KickassTorrents, the world's largest torrent site. The 30-year-old Ukrainian was arrested in Poland today and is charged with criminal copyright infringement and money laundering. In addition, a federal court in Chicago has ordered the seizure of several KAT domain names.

With millions of unique visitors per day KickassTorrents (KAT) has become the most-used torrent site on the Internet, beating even The Pirate Bay.

Today, however, the site has run into a significant roadblock after U.S. authorities announced the arrest of the site’s alleged owner.

The 30-year-old Artem Vaulin, from Ukraine, was arrested today in Poland from where the United States has requested his extradition.

In a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago, the alleged owner is charged with conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and two counts of criminal copyright infringement.

The complaint further reveals that the feds posed as an advertiser, which revealed a bank account associated with the site.

It also shows that Apple handed over personal details of Vaulin after the investigator cross-referenced an IP-address used for an iTunes transaction with an IP-address that was used to login to KAT’s Facebook account.

“Records provided by Apple showed that [email protected] conducted an iTunes transaction using IP Address 109.86.226.203 on or about July 31, 2015. The same IP Address was used on the same day to login into the KAT Facebook,” the complaint reads.

In addition to the arrest in Poland, the court also granted the seizure of a bank account associated with KickassTorrents, as well as several of the site’s domain names.

Commenting on the announcement, Assistant Attorney General Caldwell said that KickassTorrents helped to distribute over $1 billion in pirated files.

“Vaulin is charged with running today’s most visited illegal file-sharing website, responsible for unlawfully distributing well over $1 billion of copyrighted materials.”

“In an effort to evade law enforcement, Vaulin allegedly relied on servers located in countries around the world and moved his domains due to repeated seizures and civil lawsuits. His arrest in Poland, however, demonstrates again that cybercriminals can run, but they cannot hide from justice.”

Source:
https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kick...er-160720/

Fuck.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Not worried about shit. 3 more will take its place.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Quote: (07-21-2016 07:12 AM)joost Wrote:  

The complaint further reveals that the feds posed as an advertiser, which revealed a bank account associated with the site.

It also shows that Apple handed over personal details of Vaulin after the investigator cross-referenced an IP-address used for an iTunes transaction with an IP-address that was used to login to KAT’s Facebook account.

“Records provided by Apple showed that [email protected] conducted an iTunes transaction using IP Address 109.86.226.203 on or about July 31, 2015. The same IP Address was used on the same day to login into the KAT Facebook,” the complaint reads.

If only they put that much effort into tracking down the financiers of terrorism...

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Quote: (07-21-2016 07:28 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

Not worried about shit. 3 more will take its place.

Yeah, and they won't make the same mistakes as him. Getting cocky and sloppy -- that's what always gets them. Same as the silkroad guy.

Oh so that's why it was down.

Private torrent sites + vpn/proxy protection is the way to go anyways.

I recommend alpharatio torrent.

This is not good.... First demonoid.... Then isohunt... now this.

No wonder it wasn't working last night. Oh well. There will be others.

Quote: (07-21-2016 07:48 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Just registered in that website and I am not impressed.

extratorrent.cc is way better (at least for HD movies).

Quote: (07-21-2016 08:07 AM)joost Wrote:  

Quote: (07-21-2016 07:48 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Oh so that's why it was down.

Private torrent sites + vpn/proxy protection is the way to go anyways.

Just registered in that website and I am not impressed.

extratorrent.cc is way better (at least for HD movies).

Small private sites with smaller membership means less eyes on it.

I know there's bigger and better ones out there though..

What an idiot. Remember when that notorious Russian credit card hacker, that stole millions of dollars with viruses, decided he was going to take a vacation to France and got arrested and tackled the second he stepped off the plane and onto the ground, from the stairs?

Then this jackass goes to Poland from Ukraine?

In the old days, idiotic pirates that ever docked in a port of their enemies were arrested and hung on the spot. That said, this is just like if Blackbeard docked the Queen Anne's Revenge in a British Port like Nassau. You could not make this shit up.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

[Image: fresh-prince-crying.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Ahh it was my go to torrent site for the last few years!

It's Napster all over again!

This sucks ass. It was my go to site for HD torrents of movies and TV shows. Torrenting is definitely becoming a lot harder than it used to be and and once the TPP comes into effect it will be even harder.

Apparently Apple helped the US government track down the guy.

In 5 years torrents will only be available behind VPNs and closed communities with a few "pirates" distributing the good stuff.

Damn it they were my back up when TPB was down.

Is their onion link still working?

Quote: (07-21-2016 07:41 AM)Benoit Wrote:  

Quote: (07-21-2016 07:12 AM)joost Wrote:  

If only they put that much effort into tracking down the financiers of terrorism...

Oh, they could do that, and if they follow the money trail it would lead to half of washington DC, mostly talking about the Saudis funding the Clinton foundation [Image: tinfoilhat.gif]

That dollar figure is utter bullshit. Most people own the movies, or used to own the movies and just want a file copy to play on their phone or computer.
We already paid for this shit once, twice, three times. If we want a file copy we should be able to get one for free. Fucking hollywood dipshits.

[Image: fuckthat2.gif]

Maybe KickAss should move their content to Hillary's private servers.

FBI doesn't seem to want to touch those...

Quote: (07-21-2016 10:36 AM)rpg Wrote:  

That dollar figure is utter bullshit. Most people own the movies, or used to own the movies and just want a file copy to play on their phone or computer.
We already paid for this shit once, twice, three times. If we want a file copy we should be able to get one for free. Fucking hollywood dipshits.

I'll take it one step further.
Just because a studio produces content, does not mean anyone else is obliged to pay for it.
It may be unsavoury for a third party to actually profit from a studios content without their consent.
& the original pirate / leaker can be blamed for loss of revenue.
That does not mean anyone else is liable for lost earnings for sharing content after the fact.

FYI

NBC has patent to track and chase down torrents. I'm sure other companies do as well.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/news/nb...ime-859531

Man.. I used that site two days ago

I still have my private tracker, which is great but it doesn't have the old movies and its focus is on high def blu ray best quality (in other words LARGE files). Kickass was perfect for when I wanted to watch a movie ten minutes later

The proxy bay is your friend.

Rarely fails.

Looks like it's back to Usenet for me. Honestly, I preferred Kickass as the comment system told me whether a crack was legit or had bugs/holes or if a game was good or some sly vehicle for SJW propaganda (looking at you Baldur's Gate:Siege of Dragonspear).

Still cannot get over how Beamdog butchered that classic RPG.