rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman lives as a man for a year, has more respect for men now

[Image: 941676_509952865732979_1021452759_n.jpg]

For 18 months Norah Vincent lived as a man. She wrote a book about her experience. In the end she concluded, "Men are suffering. They have different problems than women have, but they don't have it better. They need our sympathy. They need our love, and maybe they need each other more than anything else." Vincent went on to say, "I really like being a woman. ... I like it more now because I think it's more of a privilege."

I got that book! But I haven't read it yet.

Soon after buying it, I saw a girl reading it on the train. I asked her about the book and she said it was good. It was odd - even though it was a 'real' question. She reacted like it was some 'chat-up line.' LOL - I must be so shit at game that I can't even have a real conversation with a girl!

MGTOW FOREVER!!!

I thought the first picture was of her as a man.

Kinda crazy how she really does look like a dude.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (05-25-2013 04:48 PM)MattC Wrote:  

I thought the first picture was of her as a man.

Maybe she had to cut her hair.

This looks interesting, I'll check it out next time at barnes.

I'm sure somebody noticed she never used the urinals.

It's an excellent and insightful book. Sadly also the one that most women don't read or understand. The part about experiencing the meat grinder of modern dating from the male side is particularly good.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Nobody noticed her voice?

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

I respect this. Feminists have some fantasy delusion of a mans world. This woman put her money where her mouth is and walked the walk. And shock.... Life is hard for everybody and men have their own complex issues.

Men had no issues taking the heavy load. We just wanted respect, preety thin women, and good mothers out of it. Some how Western women thought that was to hard to do....

Don't expect this girl to be on Jezebel anytime soon.

This woman commands great respect.

Meh, 2/10 would bang though.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

You ever see the SNL skit where Eddie Murphy puts on make up, calls himself Mr. White and goes out into the world?

He asks for a loan at the bank and they gust give him $, etc.

Some women think that if they were a man life would be like it was for "Mr. White" in the skit.

They should read this book.

Quote: (05-25-2013 04:41 PM)Every10GivesMeA10 Wrote:  

For 18 months Norah Vincent lived as a man. She wrote a book about her experience. In the end she concluded, "Men are suffering. They have different problems than women have, but they don't have it better. They need our sympathy. They need our love, and maybe they need each other more than anything else." Vincent went on to say, "I really like being a woman. ... I like it more now because I think it's more of a privilege."

Do we really want/need sympathy? We need to be left the fuck alone to do our thing without ideological interference.

The same way women don't understand men, men don't understand women.

Very interesting, I will take a look at the book, maybe take a peek in a bookstore somewhere.

Question: How did 'she' get the afternoon shadow in the second picture? Make up? Wouldn't ppl notice the facial hair is not real or was this just for the book promotion picture I guess?

"Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes and tricks"

Quote: (05-25-2013 06:41 PM)Gemini Wrote:  

Very interesting, I will take a look at the book, maybe take a peek in a bookstore somewhere.

Question: How did 'she' get the afternoon shadow in the second picture? Make up? Wouldn't ppl notice the facial hair is not real or was this just for the book promotion picture I guess?
I think I read it was makeup. I also read that a lot of guys and dates she went on they thought this "guy" was gay.

She's saying that it sucks to be man because she doesn't know how to be a man.

We've had much more experience at than she. It's like that lesbo I hooked up with yesterday saying that it's much harder for her to get girls. Why? Because you don't have any game, you dyke. You never needed it.

That book is bullshit. It's much better to be a man than a woman.

We don't bleed out of our dicks every month, we have a longer shelf life and don't hit the wall as fast. We are stronger, faster, smarter. We aren't slaves to our emotions.

We get to fuck things instead of the other way around.

Quote: (05-25-2013 05:11 PM)Sailor Wrote:  

Nobody noticed her voice?

Not every man has a deep voice, just like every woman doesn't have a high, squeaky voice. She could have disguised it enough not to attract attention.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (05-25-2013 04:52 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Kinda crazy how she really does look like a dude.

She looks like that famous coach from the yankees in the early 2000s

Quote: (05-25-2013 06:49 PM)soup Wrote:  

She's saying that it sucks to be man because she doesn't know how to be a man.

I didn't pick up where she said it sucks to be a man. She was saying she found it's easier to be a woman, and that she probably wouldn't want to be a man because of the weight we carry. Most women whine about how difficult their lives are, but that's from one perspective. Like you said, women are slaves to their emotions, and they make their lives harder. For men, shit really is hard. One point I do agree on...fuck the sympathy. Just stay out of the way.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Howard Stern interviewed her.

Artie is hilarious at 6:00 and 12:30

She looks slightly like Clive Owen in her 'man' pic lmao

That book is bullshit. It's much better to be a man than a woman. [...].

We are stronger, faster, smarter. We aren't slaves to our emotions.

What a load of nonsense. Last time I checked, the majority of homeless, drug addicts, alcoholics, school drop outs, illiterates, jobless, convicted criminals, those living unhealthy etc etc. were men, not women.

It's men who are falling through the cracks in society.
Men are the fragile sex, not the strong sex, even medicine knows that (weaker immune system, lower life expectancy, more serious illnesses etc. )

Quote: (05-25-2013 08:00 PM)sheesh Wrote:  

That book is bullshit. It's much better to be a man than a woman. [...].

We are stronger, faster, smarter. We aren't slaves to our emotions.

What a load of nonsense. Last time I checked, the majority of homeless, drug addicts, alcoholics, school drop outs, illiterates, jobless, convicted criminals, those living unhealthy etc etc. were men, not women.

It's men who are falling through the cracks in society.
Men are the fragile sex, not the strong sex, even medicine knows that (weaker immune system, lower life expectancy, more serious illnesses etc. )

This is sort of an oversimplification. If "strong" means tolerance for pain, or immunity to illness, women are stronger; if "strong" means capacity for physical exertion or risk taking, men are stronger. But I think I get what you're saying. So many manosphere dudes get mad as fuck when feminists say women are better than men, then come right up on the rebound saying men are so much better than women. I don't know if I've learned a whole lot in my life, but I sure as fuck know that you're not a grown adult if you think like that. It's the perfect recipe for ensuring that retarded Western gender politics keeps destroying society for years and years to come.