rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Don't Bang Colorado Data Sheet

Just returned from Colorado early in the afternoon. Spent one night in Boulder and three in Denver. These two cities are 25 miles from each other and are equally as far from Denver International Airport. Given that these are two of the most prominent cities in the state of Colorado, I can say with confidence that traveling to the state for women is unwise and will not produce a satisfying return on investment.

I always love it when my experience in a city or country matches closely with that of a fellow RVF member. I don't think there's been a location that I've been to with an observation that so closely parallels my experience as that from InternationPlayboy in these two threads:

Denver, CO

Moving to Denver

This is on the money. Don't bang Colorado.

Now, one caveat, Denver/Boulder gets more than 300 days of sunshine per year. However, the first three nights I was there, the weather was untypically cold/overcast. The high temperatures on Friday and Saturday were 38 and 31 degrees, respectively. Sunday was beautiful with highs in the comfortable 50s and clear, sunny skies. And high temperatures this week will be in the 70s with sunny skies. From what I've learned, however, this shouldn't have any influence or impact on opportunities for game.

For this trip, I linked up with one of my good friends from NYC for a weekend mission to get laid with local women using game. In hindsight, I regret having gone that route. Though I had no idea what to expect at the time, I would have been better served enjoying Colorado through social circle. I already knew a girl at UC Boulder who was a hottie (8+) and the sister of the girl who picked me up from the airport is a high level member of a major sorority on campus. My first night in Boulder was spent having dinner with these girls (4 of them in total) by myself as my boy's flight was delayed. After dinner, I hung out with the girl I knew at UC and checked out some bars with her. It was Thursday night which is practically Friday in most college towns, not least a major legendary one such as Boulder.

The venues though were really downscale and none of the girls were remotely as cute as the one I was with. I was dressed very sophisticated while all of the guys around were dressed like suburban teens. I was disappointed. The venues and college atmosphere led me to think that I made a good call in choosing to spend the bulk of my weekend in Denver, a larger, more urban, and cosmopolitan city (relatively speaking)

The next morning (Friday) I linked up with my boy in the lobby of our hotel.

We got in a nice workout by having a 2-mile run into the city center and getting breakfast. Everyone we interacted with were extremely friendly and seemed to be interested in who we were. There was even one point while we were exercising that a young woman on a bicycle mentioned having seen us three times already that day. I got the sense that guys like us in Boulder would have an easy time if we lived there or spent any significant amount of time hanging out there.

Unfortunately, there were no cute girls around in any of the restaurants, sidewalk cafes or coffee shops that morning.

In sum, Boulder is a very progressive and liberal college town that reminds me a lot like Berkeley (for those of you familiar with the Bay Area). There's great local cuisine and all kinds of new age and progressive businesses. Pearl Street Mall is a nice outdoor pedestrian-only street that goes right to the campus. If you were going to run day game in Boulder, this is where you would do it.

However, like I said, don't travel here for women. Come for the great outdoors, good food/beer, progressive culture, and social circle if you have any.

Note: One great thing about this region is that people are very fit. I found no sightings of land whales at all. The same for Denver. Most people who live in this region lead active lives and enjoy spending time doing things in the outdoors (hiking, skiing/snowboarding, camping, rafting, running, etc).

Also, girls are very receptive to being approached. There were absolutely no bitch shields and few guys, if any, are actively running game.

Race also appears to be a non-issue. Denver/Boulder have a very progressive vibe and are both lacking heavily in diversity (very high percentage of whites), so being a minority definitely does not hurt the game.

Denver

On Friday, my boy and I hit Denver and checked into our epic loft in a logistically favorable area of "LoDo." This is where most of the action in Denver is centered. From our loft, we were able to walk everywhere without needing a car. The loft itself contained an awesome pool/hot tub, fitness center, fireplace and was the kind of DHV you dream of when hitting a new city. We were stoked and ready to put it to good use.

Day Game

16th Street Mall is the prime area for day game in Denver. It is a pedestrian-only street that goes on for many blocks. In fact, it's so long that a tram shuttle runs down in both directions for the entire the length of it. 16th Street Mall is also chockful of coffee shops and restaurants. However, many of the businesses were closed early and there wasn't many people out and about walking down here. Denver during the day time is pretty dead. I suspect that most people simply choose to do other things during the weekend (i.e. exploring the outdoors) because Denver was eerily quiet and lacking of people during the weekend.

Night Game

The LoDo area is centered around a few blocks between 15th and 18th streets with three adjacent cross streets (Blake, Larimer, and Market).

This area mostly consists of restaurants with bars and a few dedicated bars and breweries. Of these bars, Gaslamp is probably the best. For dance clubs, I can only really point out two that were decent, Chloe's and Suite 200. Chloe's is widely considered the most upscale venue in LoDo. It has a bar in one room and a dance floor in the other. The problem with Chloe, though, is that it's very dark in the dance floor room so you really can't make out the faces of the girls in there. The music is also very loud and succeeds in making gaming impossible. Your only option in this spot is to dance.

The cover for Chloe's is $20 but they put it on a card that they give you which you can use to buy drinks.

The only nightlife venue I actually liked was Suite 200. This had the best talent I've seen in Denver, but that's not saying much.

Throughout the entire time I was in Denver, I did not see anything above a 7. Most girls were 5s and 6s. What's crazy about that is in the main nightlife areas, girls were trying to look their best but they still weren't that cute. On the bright side, there were no land whales at least and the girls didn't have bitch shields.

One other problem was that most girls don't actually live in Denver but they commute from the suburbs, many of which are 30 mins of driving time away. Also, any decent girl that I saw was never alone but usually rolled in packs of four which served as a natural cockblock. My boy complained that most girls he spoke to were not well-traveled or that knowledgeable about other places.

At Suite 200, the cover is $15 but it's the same setup as Chloe where the cover charge serves as a prepaid drink card.

The closest we came to finding success in Denver was with these two chicks we met at Suite 200. As time was running out, we started approaching girls with Roosh's afterparty move. Luckily our loft was stashed with various top shelf liquors and there were good mixers in the fridge so we just let girls know that we were having a party. A few seemed interested and two of them actually bit the bait. However, they just had a few drinks, danced with us and talked but nothing went down as the lesser attractive friend had work early in the morning.

One other thing about Denver is that there are lots of older women out, some of them milfs. If you're into the 35+ demographic, you will have lots of options. Some of these older women have very deceiving looks. Many times we'd see them from the back and assume they were young only to chase after them and see their old faces when we caught up.

Ultimately, I really have nothing positive to say about gaming in the mile high city. We tried day game/street game but there were hardly any people out and no cute chicks. The night game venues in Denver are subpar and sure to disappoint any guy from a top-tier major city like NYC, Chicago, Miami, or LA, as well as DC.

I may return to Colorado next year for social circle/outdoorsy reasons but that will definitely be Boulder and Vail, not Denver.

Roosh was right in one response he made to a post where I dropped an article that reported Denver as having the "liveliest singles scene in the US." I've heard that online dating is huge in Denver so perhaps that's what it's referring to. I wouldn't be surprised at all that online dating is huge because most of the guys I saw out were definitely not in the "closing business."

Don't Bang Colorado.

Yeah I was pessimistic about your trip going in.

Afterparty move works best 1-on-1. If you're with a wing, you guys got to make out with your girls BEFORE you go into the house, or else you'll get... an actual afterparty.

Roosh- Friday and Saturday absolutely sucked man, especially when we were out trying to day game. It was bitterly cold and there was nothing around. I actually thought about your travels to northern/eastern europe in the dead of winter as a way to persevere. Whole new level of respect.

I actually approached the two girls that came to the afterparty by myself. They didn't learn about my boy until we met up outside to head over to the apartment. The problem, as is usually the case, is that one girl was attractive while the other was not. Also, this was probably the only instance where a decent girl wasn't with more than one other friend. They almost always rolled in groups of four.

Kudos for an honest report. I respect a guy that's not afraid to admit he didn't get laid in a trip. Your trip is pretty much what I imagined Denver to be like based on the people that I know from that area. Girl's I've met from Denver have that sort of "earthy" look, which I'm not too into honestly.

Good to know, I was considering going there.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Hey man, sucks to hear you had a bad time here in Colorado. I will say, this past weekend in particular was pretty dead in Denver as well as Boulder. I swear the weather here plays a larger role in the nightlife than in other cities - like you said it's sunny here 300 days a year, so at the first sign of inclement weather, people stay indoors. The cold and (very rare) rain this weekend definitely put a damper on things.

That said - Friday you should have been out on Santa Fe Drive. The first Friday of every month in Denver, all the the art galleries on Santa Fe (there are dozens) open up to the public for free, and it's essentially a huge street party. The best talent is always there the first Friday of the month.

Also, I think that paying a cover for any club in Denver could have been a mistake. I rarely pay to get into a place here, it's just not the norm for this city. People here spend their money on snowboarding equipment and shit like that, not so much on going out. I've honestly never even heard of Chloe or Suite 200.

LoDO has a terrible reputation among girls here; it's widely known as being the cheesy and lame frat guy hang out. Higher quality girls avoid this area of town like the plauge, despite the fact that it is the "downtown" of the city, and has a high concentration of bars. Same with the 16th Street Mall - it's a tourist trap, not a place locals spend much time.

Sounds like you missed out on Highlands, which is the neighborhood across the river/highway from LoDo. Walking distance from where your loft was, but the Highlands area has much trendier and higher quality bars, and lacks the frat dude populace, so a lot of talent goes out there as an alternate to LoDo.

I was surprised to read that your friend didn't find girls to be well traveled. Denver is very much a transient city - I can't think of the last girl I banged here that was actually from Colorado originally.

A couple other things to know about Denver, for the future reference of anyone reading this thread:

Beer culture in Denver is huge - it's the highest concentration of craft beer production per capita, and has something like the second most breweries of any city in the US. So in Denver, a lot of girls have an unlikely disposition for good beer, and many can be found hanging out at these breweries, dressed down and drinking IPA's, rather than dressed up and at the clubs. Girls here also seem to love "dive bars" because in Denver, even the "sketchy" areas of town are becoming gentrified and are pretty safe.

Secondly, Denver has one of the highest rates of dog ownership in the country. So for day game, you've got to hit up the parks where girls are walking their dogs. In particular, Wash Park. I can't even drive by this park on a Sunday without getting a raging hard on anymore. The streets in this town are dead, but the parks are always hopping.

Lastly, as you noticed, the people here are very fit. So during the weekend days, most people are not cruising around the city, they are at climbing gyms, bike parks, dog parks, yoga studios, buying gear at REI, hiking/biking/skiing in the mountains, etc. On Friday and Saturday nights, a lot of people are cashing in early so they can head up to the mountains the next morning.

So all that said, I would agree that Denver is hardly the best place for picking up girls, but I do believe that if you know where to look, the talent is strong.

Isn't Colorado the state with the most lopsided sex ratio outside of Alaska? Denver = Menver.

Deleted.

BlurredSevens -

My balcony and rooftop patio faced the Highlands. My loft was on Little Raven Street facing a park and then after that was the Highlands. I went there also and it was definitely dead. There were some businesses there (coffeeshops, boutique stores, yoga studios) but no real venues for nightlife. Just a couple of breweries that lacked any significant talent.

One morning we actually had breakfast at Mona's in the Highlands. The booth across from our table had five girls, 2-3 of which were bangable. I got up and approached them in front of everyone at the restaurant which was busy. Completely fearless. I said hello to them and then said that I would like to invite them over to our table but that we will only have room for two of them so I would let them decide. They looked at me with a blank stare and mentioned how they were off to a wedding afterwards. It wasn't said in a rude or disrespectful tone but rather in a matter of fact way. As they were getting up to leave, one of them walked over to my table and apologized for their apparent shyness. She said they all have boyfriends and my comment didn't register and that they wanted to let me know so that I didn't think I did something wrong. I was taken aback by that. That's definitely not something a girl in a major East Coast city would do.

That experience seems to confirm that women in Colorado are not exposed to game nor do they consciously play any themselves. Any time I went out and asked for a number I got it. Not once was I outright rejected in my face. If anything, a girl would give me her number and simply not return my text which I assume means she wasn't interested or unwilling to actually meet up with a new guy. If girls said they had a boyfriend, he was somewhere around to prove it. Many girls, in fact, did have boyfriends. Colorado seems to be a place where people prefer relationships as opposed to dating. It's simply not the place for pickup.

Now, if you have a steady girlfriend and are looking to settle down, it's definitely a nice place for that.

If I could do it over again, knowing what I know now, I would have simply hung out with the girls I knew in Boulder through social circle and made some time for nature stuff like the mountains.

I didn't see one girl that was close to being as hot as the girl I know from DC who goes to UC Boulder.

Quote: (10-09-2012 04:56 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

As they were getting up to leave, one of them walked over to my table and apologized for their apparent shyness. She said they all have boyfriends and my comment didn't register and that they wanted to let me know so that I didn't think I did something wrong. I was taken aback by that. That's definitely not something a girl in a major East Coast city would do.

Haha oh man, that experience pretty much sums up Colorado. The people here, including the girls, are incredibly friendly - almost to a fault. I've lived in major East Coast cities, and it still blows my mind how genuinely nice the people here can be.

But yes, as you said, it's simply not the place for pick up. World-class mountain sport opportunities abound, but I can't remember the last time I saw a 9 out on the town, and I go out four nights a week. However, if you're looking for a 7 that is super sporty and athletic, then this is the place to be.

Colorado: come for the mountains, not for the girls.

Denver, CO is where all the single mothers aka baby mama's go to re invent themselves and find a new sucker (boyfriend/husband)

I went when I was 12 to visit some family and noticed how friendly everyone was. All the girls waving and smiling never left my mind. I've never experienced shit like that from strangers in my life haha. I looked back on it years later and assumed the SWPL nature girls were just being nice to the little, brown kid but I guess it really is like that. It seems like it should be extra easy to get girls if they're so open.

I’m going to hafta respectfully disagree with the title of this post. Clearly the OP didn’t have a great time in Colorado but the portrayal of the place is inaccurate, starting from the first paragraph. The only thing that was on the ball is that Denver does get 300 sunny days a year and many sandbags commute to Denver instead of living there. I’ve lived in Colorado for the last 8 years and I can’t complain.

Let’s start off with Boulder first. What did you expect from Boulder? First off, it’s not even in the top 10 biggest cities in Colorado and the numbers that it does have are artificially inflated because it’s a college town. The people that go out in Boulder are going to be in that 18-24 range, hence the college atmosphere. When I was 19 I dressed like it. On the flipside to that coin, I don’t know about yall but I haven’t met any 21 year old women that can appreciate the sophistication of the suit game. If that’s your style it’s probably better suited in a place like Cherry Creek.

There’s nothing wrong with Denver. You just have to take Denver for what it is, which is a mid-sized city in a landlocked state. Why would you compare it to NYC, Miami, or LA? There aren’t many cities in the WORLD that can keep up with them. With a population of just over 600k, you could fit Denver in a corner of NYC, Chicago, or LA. It’s only natural that you can find better and more plentiful talent in those places. For a minute let’s forget that Colorado is about 2000 miles away from Cuba or Puerto Rico. That said, there are no beaches in Denver to spy hot Latina honeys like Miami. Despite all that, there are plenty of slim and attractive sandbags that will put out on the first night. If you want super cultured women, Denver is not the place. Most girls that you’re going to meet in Denver are in that college crowd so the furthest they’ve traveled is wherever they went on spring break. However, that’s usually the last thing on my mind when I’m making ass cheeks ripple. I’m not going to say that Denver is popping every weekend because some weekends you’re fault for choice and other weekends you wonder why you bothered to go out. It’s the nature of the beast though. I’m sorry the OP didn’t spot anything better than a 7 but that’s either because he’s on the level of Silvio Berlusconi or it was just an off weekend. A couple years ago when Ryan McBean was playing for the Broncos he tried to swoop my lady, showed her a picture of a jet on his phone and said he wanted to take her on vacation. Denver has fine women. Do they all congregate in one area? Well that’s why we call it hunting, not catching.

I can’t speak for the online game because I don’t do it anymore. Everyone knows that there are a lot of slim ladies in CO but there are big ones and they’re online. They assume that all black guys like “junk in the trunk” so when one pops up on a dating site it’s like sharks in bloody water. I have no choice but to deal with that nonsense when I go out because my only other option is to stay home so I decided to stop fighting the war on 2 fronts and closed my online accounts. I don’t day game in the true sense. If I see something during the day that catches my eye I’ll chat her up, if not I go about my business. Obviously the OP was on a time restraint but we all hafta play with the cards we’re dealt. So Roosh, don’t be afraid to roll through Denver. There are plenty of pretty, single ladies that are ready to get it in. You come out with appropriate expectations, explore everything that Denver has to offer, and you’ll have a good time. I promise you that.