rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Denver, CO

Denver, CO

I don't know too much about Denver, but I'll lay down what I do know...

All in all, Denver kinda sucks if you ask me. I almost moved there to go to school but realized I would rather move to Miami because I don't want to live somewhere that sucks. However, there is a lot of culture and a huge music/rave scene there. If you are into Dubstep/electronic music and smoking pot, Denver is your place. It also has one of the best places in the states to see concerts called Red Rocks. They're always having huge raves here.

Where to stay:
It seems like everything is pretty much centered around downtown. All the bars your gonna want to go to are around this area. I don't know specific hotels though..

Nightlife:
Nightlife in Denver is not my scene, but a lot of my friends love it. All the "good" bars are gonna be downtown and in what they call "LoDo" which is right next to downtown. Downtown is gonna have your typical shitty places like TGI Fridays, Chili's all that shit. Most of these places are gonna be on the 16th street mall. LoDo has the more upscale places where you are gonna find most of the girls. There are a couple of rooftop bars that have dress codes that shouldn't even be in place because they aren't classy enough. This place is basically the stip of Denver, but 1000 times less cool than the normal strip. This is where you are gonna find the nightlife that most of us are probably more into. I don't know the names of any of these places, but you don't really need to, it's all pretty much the same scene, just find LoDo and you'll figure it out from there.

But then there is the raver/dubstep/shows scene, which is a big part of Denver's nightlife. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this kind of music, I can put up with it, but it's not my scene. Though you will find some decent looking girls and most of them are friendly (Probably because they are all rolling on extacy). One good spot I went to was called Cervantes. It's a 2 story venue and everyone is high on something.

Girls:
Girls in Denver are very dissapointing, and with any city that is dissapointing for girls, the ones that are hot think they are the shit for the most part. But that's mostly lodo and downtown. There are some good looking girls in the dubstep scene and I would honestly recomend going to a show over going out in town to a bar or club. Real clubs are few and far between from what I saw. Check out Cervantes or Red Rocks to find girls in Denver. For girls, you might wanna check out neighboring Boulder or Fort Collins, as they are both college towns. Ft. Collins doesn't have many good bars or clubs, not sure about Boulder. The scene in Boulder though is house parties. Just walk around the place they call "The hill" and you will find all sorts of parties going on of all sorts of different kind of people. Some of the frat boy parties you're gonna have dicks that are gonna try and kick you out because you weren't invitied.

Reefer:
Denver is probably the easiest place in the US to find weed and is probably the most progressive city in the US, either that or Boulder. I was just suprised that pot was better in Vegas than it is in Denver. Either way, if you like reefer, you'll like Denver. If you're a CO resident or decide to become one some day, getting a liscence to smoke herb is far easier than getting your drivers liscence. All you have to do is go to the right doctor and tell him you have chronic pain and don't like taking painkillers. They have all sorts of ads in the Denver weekly for doctors, so they shouldn't be hard to find. I'm pretty sure now the number one type of add in that paper is medical marijuana adds.

Food:
Denver does have pretty decent food, there are all sorts of good places to hit up on 16th street mall, and food here is pretty reasonably priced. All in all I would say Denver is a moderately priced city.

That's pretty much all I know about Denver. I've stayed there for about a month so I thought I would share what I found out about it. This post needs lots more to be added. If you've been and have some info, share it. I honestly wouldn't recomend Denver for nightlife or picking up girls unless you are into electronic music. There's also a big jam band and hip hop scene here as well. I dig the hip hop scene and you can find some good shows at the Filmore and a couple other spots. You just gotta look around to see who's playing and where. There are a ton of good local rappers, so even if you haven't heard of the guy, it might be decent to check out. Why go to Denver though when the mountains are right there? Denver doesn't have much to offer. What you should be in Colorado for is the awesome scenery, which give me an idea to write up another thread on CO in general....

Denver, CO

nice data sheet...

Denver, CO

couple of things. I don't know who told you to go to cervantes to get girls in denver, but judging by your grammar, word choice, and your overall tone, the girls at cervantes are probably on your level. But in all honesty your 'report' on denver is probably the dumbest thing i've ever read. You went to cervantes for girls, i mean thats a joke in itself, you said there's no good clubs, when Beta Nightclub regularly gets in the top 5 for clubs in America and even top 25 for clubs in the world. You said the weed is better in Las Vegas, i dont think i need to explain why that's retarded. I just can't get over the fact that you stayed in denver for a month and the only place you found girls at was fucking cervantes. It's in 5 points and is home to probably some of the dirtiest, grungiest, dingiest girls i've ever seen. You failed man.

Quote: (10-21-2010 11:52 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I don't know too much about Denver, but I'll lay down what I do know...

All in all, Denver kinda sucks if you ask me. I almost moved there to go to school but realized I would rather move to Miami because I don't want to live somewhere that sucks. However, there is a lot of culture and a huge music/rave scene there. If you are into Dubstep/electronic music and smoking pot, Denver is your place. It also has one of the best places in the states to see concerts called Red Rocks. They're always having huge raves here.

Where to stay:
It seems like everything is pretty much centered around downtown. All the bars your gonna want to go to are around this area. I don't know specific hotels though..

Nightlife:
Nightlife in Denver is not my scene, but a lot of my friends love it. All the "good" bars are gonna be downtown and in what they call "LoDo" which is right next to downtown. Downtown is gonna have your typical shitty places like TGI Fridays, Chili's all that shit. Most of these places are gonna be on the 16th street mall. LoDo has the more upscale places where you are gonna find most of the girls. There are a couple of rooftop bars that have dress codes that shouldn't even be in place because they aren't classy enough. This place is basically the stip of Denver, but 1000 times less cool than the normal strip. This is where you are gonna find the nightlife that most of us are probably more into. I don't know the names of any of these places, but you don't really need to, it's all pretty much the same scene, just find LoDo and you'll figure it out from there.

But then there is the raver/dubstep/shows scene, which is a big part of Denver's nightlife. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this kind of music, I can put up with it, but it's not my scene. Though you will find some decent looking girls and most of them are friendly (Probably because they are all rolling on extacy). One good spot I went to was called Cervantes. It's a 2 story venue and everyone is high on something.

Girls:
Girls in Denver are very dissapointing, and with any city that is dissapointing for girls, the ones that are hot think they are the shit for the most part. But that's mostly lodo and downtown. There are some good looking girls in the dubstep scene and I would honestly recomend going to a show over going out in town to a bar or club. Real clubs are few and far between from what I saw. Check out Cervantes or Red Rocks to find girls in Denver. For girls, you might wanna check out neighboring Boulder or Fort Collins, as they are both college towns. Ft. Collins doesn't have many good bars or clubs, not sure about Boulder. The scene in Boulder though is house parties. Just walk around the place they call "The hill" and you will find all sorts of parties going on of all sorts of different kind of people. Some of the frat boy parties you're gonna have dicks that are gonna try and kick you out because you weren't invitied.

Reefer:
Denver is probably the easiest place in the US to find weed and is probably the most progressive city in the US, either that or Boulder. I was just suprised that pot was better in Vegas than it is in Denver. Either way, if you like reefer, you'll like Denver. If you're a CO resident or decide to become one some day, getting a liscence to smoke herb is far easier than getting your drivers liscence. All you have to do is go to the right doctor and tell him you have chronic pain and don't like taking painkillers. They have all sorts of ads in the Denver weekly for doctors, so they shouldn't be hard to find. I'm pretty sure now the number one type of add in that paper is medical marijuana adds.

Food:
Denver does have pretty decent food, there are all sorts of good places to hit up on 16th street mall, and food here is pretty reasonably priced. All in all I would say Denver is a moderately priced city.

That's pretty much all I know about Denver. I've stayed there for about a month so I thought I would share what I found out about it. This post needs lots more to be added. If you've been and have some info, share it. I honestly wouldn't recomend Denver for nightlife or picking up girls unless you are into electronic music. There's also a big jam band and hip hop scene here as well. I dig the hip hop scene and you can find some good shows at the Filmore and a couple other spots. You just gotta look around to see who's playing and where. There are a ton of good local rappers, so even if you haven't heard of the guy, it might be decent to check out. Why go to Denver though when the mountains are right there? Denver doesn't have much to offer. What you should be in Colorado for is the awesome scenery, which give me an idea to write up another thread on CO in general....

Denver, CO

Colorado has the lowest obesity rates in the US, surprised the talent is lacking in Denver.

Denver, CO

I went to school in Denver and try to go back to visit friends every year or so. There's definitely more to the place than LoDo. Depending on your scene/age there's bars in Capital Hill, Cherry Creek, down Broadway, and I'm told the Highland neighborhood (not to be confused with Highlands Ranch) is starting to shine.

Worth noting that Denver gets tons of sunshine and is a very outdoorsy/active town; opportunities for day game abound.

Denver, CO

I was sort of impressed of the caliber of women in Denver. They are not as good looking as women in LA or Miami, but in my opinion, they are better looking than women in the American Pacific Northwest and Midwest. I didn't stay there too long, but it seems like a good place to live too.

Denver, CO

I'm headed that way on business this weekend... any idea how receptive they are to black guys?

Denver, CO

Wow, this report does suck. I need to go back over it in a few. I wrote it like 3 years ago.

There are tons of black guys in Denver though, you shouldn't have a problem.