rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The complete vasectomy thread

When I was in my mid 20's I got a vasectomy. I have no kids(that i know of) but so far its been a great decision. I want to share my experience and thoughts to those who might be on the fence about it.

Do you want kids?

No, not really. I have never been paternal and have been this way for as long as I can remember. To me the idea of living in the suburbs with a family and working a 9-5 office job to support a family lifestyle would be like prison.

What if you want kids down the road?

I did freeze my sperm. While I am 99% sure I don't want kids I took 4 trips to the local sperm bank at $350 a pop and then pay around $300 a yr to bank the sperm. But this is kind of like insurance in case I want to have kids down the road. While its not cheap its a lot cheaper and easier than getting your vasectomy reversed.

What was your experience like?

I had a consultation with the doctor and he was cool and understood my position. I had heard that some doctors wont do a vasectomy unless you have had 3 kids and are near middle age but he didn't seem to care. I did explain to him that I banked my sperm and have not wanted kids since i was 16. I dressed professionally and he said ok to the surgery. You can pay out of pocket its 750-1000. For many its covered by insurance.

Describe operation day:

I got a non scalpel vasectomy which isn't as invasive as previous types. While they numb your testicles pretty good try taking a few shots of liquor or a vicatin before surgery. The whole surgery took 20 minutes with about 10 minutes for each ball. Afterwards I was in pain but not terrible pain. Fortunately they give your a pain killer perscription for the first 3-5 days so if you still hurt you can take them. Basically I just laid around for the first 3 days on a couch and watched TV. I used frozen peas on my balls for the first couple days to help with the pain and swelling. After that there was still minor discomfort but I was back to my old self after 2 weeks. To check my pipes I jerked off in the first 24 hrs just to make sure everything was ok and it was.

Describe the aftermath:
I couldn't be happier. I will never pay for an abortion again (2 for me is enough). Unless the girl is a stank I usually don't wrap it up but now i have no worries. You will find cumming inside a girl is like crack, its a hard addiction to break.

It is also nice to be in complete control of your life. Since condoms can and do break your life plans could be derailed by an unexpected kid. I have a deep distrust of women and will never believe them when they say they are on the pill. If you think like that consider a vasectomy as for me its been a great decision. Its a major weight off you shoulders knowing you will never have to deal with an unplanned pregnancy.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Don't you feel different never being able to empty your swimmers? Serious question.

delete

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

delete

delete

In my opion the whole pychological thing about being less of a man or being unable to reproduce naturally is COMPLETELY mitigated because you no longer have to worry about being a dad against your will. if there was a male pill who WOULDNT buy it. jesus i hope they invent that just so i can invest in the stock.

Interesting perspective bacon. I have been contemplating a similar scheme for much the same reasons you listed. Though I have not decided never to have children, and am older than you.

Have you experienced any serious side effects post op? Reading the research there seems to be an unacceptably high (at least to me) incidence of "Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome" post op - which doesn't sound like too much fun.

My friend had it done after having 3 kids. He has no complaints.
I asked him how long he had to wear the big cone around his head [Image: lol.gif]

He actually uses it to bang girls. Tells them "You know you can't get pregnant".

Team Nachos

i dont bring it up until a bitch asks me to wear a rubber then i wip out a local medical paper stating my sperm is non exisitent. if i get further flack like i never want kids i tell her i wantt to be in control of my life and have my sperm banked.

i tell her i walked in on a girlfriend poking holes in my condom (true story) i ended the relationship after that but my distrust of women remains

Serious question. I should use google but I'll ask anyway. Do you still have a "moneyshot" and the little guys are dead or there is no moneyshot at all? When you do shoot does it feel the same?

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

yeah dude its all the same. my loads are the same size. i guess most of your load is just shit anyways only a little is sperm

everything operates the same. i honestly have to remind myself i got the surgery sometimes cause i have a gut reaction to putting on condoms and being afraid of knocking a bitch up

They are also reversible correct? Do you know what the success rate is for reversing it? I've been contemplating a vesectomy ever since I got back home and a girl I was banging before I left, who was on birth control, had a kid.....lying bitch.

dont get a reversal just bank your sperm. having surgery on your balls is not something i would ever want to do twice. btw i hear the success rate for vasectomy reversal is only 70% its also a lot more expensive and not covered by insurance. its far cheaper to bank your boys before hand

Quote: (09-12-2012 12:05 AM)bacon Wrote:  

dont get a reversal just bank your sperm. having surgery on your balls is not something i would ever want to do twice. btw i hear the success rate for vasectomy reversal is only 70% its also a lot more expensive and not covered by insurance. its far cheaper to bank your boys before hand

After 10 years, the success rate of reversal can drop to as low as 25%

Very much depends on how the testicles react to the vasectomy. Apparently reconnecting the pipes is easy enough but some balls get so clogged with sperm over time that they stop sperm production. That cannot be reversed, unless some surgeon invents a ball transplant procedure.

Quote: (09-12-2012 02:14 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

After 10 years, the success rate of reversal can drop to as low as 25%

Very much depends on how the testicles react to the vasectomy. Apparently reconnecting the pipes is easy enough but some balls get so clogged with sperm over time that they stop sperm production. That cannot be reversed, unless some surgeon invents a ball transplant procedure.

Are Vas-Clip procedures still around? What's the success rate on those?

I have to question the concept of banking your boys. I mean to use them later you'd have to do artificial insemination which can be very expensive. Like $25k+ I've read. And the success rate is very low.

Team Nachos

Am I the only one here who wouldn't let a scalpel anywhere near my family jewels? Read another vasectomy article today over at Professor Mentu and had a psyche-induced pain my balls for an hour afterwards. Just thinking about it makes me want to curl up and cry.

PS Not hating on someone else's choices, just expressing my own gut reaction to the subject is all

I posted a thread on this subject and I was commited to getting a vascectomy; same way by banking my boys. Problem is i found out about PVPS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-vasect...n_syndrome

Apparently it gets worse with time. I did days worth of research and turns out many doctors say EVERYONE gets it, its just a matter of time. That scared the crap out of me enough to just practice my "im not ready to have a kid" speech. Many girls are foregoing pregnancy anyway. the younger they are the less likely they are to want a kid, and you can usually gauge the girls willingness to have an abortion long before you sleep with her...

What about RISUG, anybody has info on the status? When is it going to be available stateside or in the EU?

artifical insemination isnt cheap but having to pay child support only to a kid who you only see a couple times a month would be worse. the success rate of artifical insemination depends on the age of the female getting pregnant. most people trying artifical insemination are for older couples who waited too long to get pregnant. usually its the female who has bad eggs.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_age-and-fert...1494699.bc

"At 40 your chance of conceiving within a year of beginning to try is about 40 to 50 percent, compared to a woman in her mid-30s, who has a 75 percent chance. By age 43, a woman's chance of pregnancy plummets to 1 or 2 percent."

i would either hire a young college surogate OR i would have the child with a young woman in a non 1st world country. a girlfriend but i would not make her my wife even after she had the kid. that way i would never be beholden to any courts ruling on my kids and my parental rights.

I wouldnt get a vas clip because they still have to open you up i beleive every 5- 8 yrs. i dont ever want to have any other operations even minor on my boys.

the non scapel proceduce is a lot less invasive a lot less painful, quicker to recover and possiblity of having pain issues down the road is a lot less.

Quote:Quote:

Apparently it gets worse with time. I did days worth of research and turns out many doctors say EVERYONE gets it, its just a matter of time.

its not like that ive known other guys how had vasectomies i asked them about this post surgery pain they say they have had no issues. if this pain was soo common and so painful men wouldnt get vasectomies consider "New Zealand has very high vasectomy rates – in 2007, 18% of all men had had the procedure" (http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/contraceptio...sation/4/3)
now new zealand is a relatively small country if guys were experiencing such pain post vasectomy word would get out and
they would not have such high rates of the procedure.

btw for first 2 months had minor pain now a yr later i havent had any issues. like anything in life there are risks but i really dont want kids and i wanted a permenant solution to this so thats why i got it. you should have that mindset if you do get a vasectomy.

Good thread guys! I'm thinking about having a vasectomy too. I want to have full control of my life and not let some slut trap me. Had some questions for those who are familiar with the process and have done it. Of course I'll do my own research but I'd like to hear from the guys in here who have any experience with it too:

a) how much is the whole process' cost?
b) once I store some sperm in a sperm bank say in Canada, and say later I'd want to have a kid or 2 in another non western country, would it be possible to have those frozen sperm tube sent to that country in order to have the artificial insemination done there?
c) how much is the vasectomy reversal?

Thanks guys!

@ Vancier you raise some very good points. In the U.S. artificial insemination is a fortune, I had planned to do it overseas for a fraction of the cost so looking into shipping is a great idea. Not to mention a surrogate mother would be much easier to attain in a country like India or Bangladesh where I can afford the housing and food during the term. I am sure there are complicated laws in the U.S. surrounding surrogate mothers as well I wouldnt want to deal with those.

As for vasectomy reversal, if youre worried about PVPS then a reversal doesnt fix those problems, you get the pain for life. I wish there was more documentation about this it's the only thing holding me back.

Quote: (02-21-2013 03:05 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Good thread guys! I'm thinking about having a vasectomy too. I want to have full control of my life and not let some slut trap me. Had some questions for those who are familiar with the process and have done it. Of course I'll do my own research but I'd like to hear from the guys in here who have any experience with it too:

a) how much is the whole process' cost?
b) once I store some sperm in a sperm bank say in Canada, and say later I'd want to have a kid or 2 in another non western country, would it be possible to have those frozen sperm tube sent to that country in order to have the artificial insemination done there?
c) how much is the vasectomy reversal?

Thanks guys!

i paid 900 cash. but you could have gotten it mostly paid with insurance.

i banked a dozen samples. and i pay 300 a year to store them. however every time you make a deposit which can get 1-3 samples that costs 400 dollars but its a one time fee. so i went 5 times which added up. and yes its possible to ship them to another country frozen i checked because if i have kids it will have to be outside of the US.

believe me i worked out the math and after the initial costs of the vasectomy and banking my boys all i pay is 300 a year to keep them stored which is like a dollar a day.

i dont know the exact prices for a reversal as ive heard like 5k thrown around so maybe more maybe less but that is not covered by insurance. you really dont want to go under the knife again as thats a much more complicated procedure. just bank your boys a head of time.

I think its at least 15K for a reversal. And there are no guarantees.

I know some dudes who have had it, and one thing they all say is 'GREATEST SEX OF MY LIFE!'

I dont know, but if you are not the paternal type doesnt seem like such a horrible idea.

I'm just going to wait for Vasagel/RISUG to come along. It doesn't create pressure problems like vasectomies do since the fluids can pass, but sperm are blocked. Might be here in several years:

http://www.parsemusfoundation.org/vasalgel-home/

If you want to 'buy stock' in the male pill, you can help fund them in their indiegogo fundraiser to happen soon.