rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

I just bought my ticket for Hong Kong for early September. I will be spending a week there before heading to Guangzhou in China for a business reconnaissance trip. Towards the end of the trip, I'll also spend a week in the Phils.

I would appreciate any tips on Hong Kong about which area in town is a good place to stay at but also tips about good clubs for pick up and other similar points of interest in HKG. Would also appreciate any tips on Guangzhou in China such as such as which area to stay in, good clubs to hit and cool stuffs to do there for both day and night time. Of course, if anyone from here happens to be there at the time, holla at me and we could meet for drinks and for going hunting together.

I'm very excited about this trip!
Thanks guys!

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Hey,

I was in guangzhou last year... Panyu. Just a few club recommendations.
#1 Wave club is by the river, next to suns club.

#2 Paddy Irish pub and bar. There is a salsa night(yeah I know... salsa). I met a Dominican chick there, she was about a 8. Also, there were a whole shit load of colombian girls there. Yeah... I know colombian.

3#Puridy lounge

You can ask around, the taxis will know these places.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Here’s my data on Hong Kong:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2122-p...#pid140481

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Thanks for posting that link nmmooreland20 elayabarde. From doing a bit of research, wednesday nights are a good night for pick up specially in the bars of Wan Chai as it's ladies night and bars are packed from what I read online. Sunday afternoon also appears to be one of the best and easiest pickings in the bars OF Wan Chai where all the domestic workers from the Phils, Indonesia, Malaysia have their day off and they go to Wen Chai to relax and have their needs met as they are also horny girls after all. I've been also trying to line up some girls from DIA and CB that I will be meeting in HK.

I'm supposed to stay a few days there and on the Friday or Saturday, will be heading to Guangzhou but after reading the reports of the Sunday afternoon fun in Wan Chai, I'm seriously contemplating extending my stay in HK for a few days. Has anyone in here experienced the Sunday afternoon pick up scene at Wen Chai?

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

God Bless Air Asia:
One way HK-Clark, 1 hour outside Manila: $57.
One way Clark-Boracay: $20.99
Return Clark-Boracay: $39.84

These are NOT typos. These are the actual airfare including taxes. Simply unreal. Why isn't such an airline in North America? Sure you may not much service but who really needs services, food or snack on a short flight?

Once again, God Bless Air Asia![Image: banana.gif]

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Asking the China pros: is it a good idea to have a China mainland girl you've been chatting online meet you at the airport in HK or not? Might sound a pretty straight forward answer but I have no experience with mainland chinese girls so would like some feedback from the China pros.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

VC,

How's the trip going so far? Can't believe those airfares you posted--amazing.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

So I arrived in HK on Tuesdays afternoon of last week after a 15 hour flight. The flight was surprisingly not that bad and uneventful and I was dreading it simply cause last time I flew HKG to YYZ it was one of the worst flying experiences I've had since I was squeezed on the aisle in between 2 people and the food was garbage. This was with Air Canada. This time around, while checking at the airport in Toronto, one of the nicest airport staff I've encountered, a really cute European woman, advised me to request a seat at the back of the plane as people don't like to stay at the back since they are the last one to leave the plane upon landing and as a result, there are usually quite a few empty seats there. I took her advice and I had a window seat at the back with no one besides me which for a 15 hour flight is a life saver trust you me on that. I will gladly take being among the last people to leave the plane upon landing if that means that for 12-15 hour, I will have an empty seat besides me.

The flight in itself was quite comfortable and the route taken was very unique. Usually when flying to Asia from Toronto, the flight path is usually through western Canada and up through Alaska and then going south from the tip of Eastern Siberia to Narita, Tokyo. This time around, it went the other way, towards the East and there were some truly spectacular sights throughout the flight. First reached Greenland and seeing chunks of ice and icebergs from the window was at least for me, magical and loved it. Then, we flew above the Arctic and above the North Pole and witnessing the 24 hour Arctic summer sun was amazing. After that, we flew over Siberia and descended through Mongolia. I was simply in awe of the raw beauty of Mongolia. Rolling plains, lakes, deserts and more rolling green plans in between. And then finally across China from North to South. I don't think I've slept for more than 2 hours tops during the entire 15 hour flight and add to that the previous night I had barely slept, by the time I got to HK, I was a walking zombie.

Landed at 3 and after clearing immigration without any issues, took the Airport Express Link which is outstanding to get to me Kowloon in a mere 15 or so minutes. Then cabbed it to my hotel. After dropping the bags in the room, went for a little walk around the hotel and to get something to eat. By the time I was back at the hotel, it was 6pm which was 6am my time and I simply collapsed on the bed and next thing I recall, is that I woke up at 2am HK time. LOL Still feeling tired and feeling shitty for having wasted a night of potential fun in HK, I didn't feel adventurous or rather, didn't have the energy to go out so stayed awake till 5am and did a few calls at home to family and some friends.

The next 2 days, did some touristy stuff but the jet lag effect was still haunting me each night around 7-9pm. The 2nd night, I literally fell asleep during the cruise around Victoria Harbor while the Symphony of Lights was going. The person seated next to me poked me to wake up. Needless to say, felt quite embarrassed but also pissed that I had missed the best part of the show. After that, was very tired and called it a night. The 3rd night in HK, I had a date lined up with a girl I had met on DIA, a sweet and sexy pinay. She was quite eager to meet and so was I. We were supposed to meet by the Star Ferry departure area for 8pm but in the afternoon, went for a stroll around the Harbor and had a few drinks at one of the bars all afternoon and ended up drunk, went to the hotel to take drop the shopping bags and once in the room, simply collapsed on the bed due to the combined effect of jet lag and the numerous drinks I had all afternoon long. Result? I woke up at 11pm. Felt bad the for poor girl who had waited for 3 hours for me there. I called to apologize and to reschedule it for the following day but she was working. Last day in HK, did some shopping and since I had to wake up early the next day, didn't go out.

So all in all, not much happened game wise in my short stay in HK however, it felt damn good to be back in Asia among those sexy, fashionable and feminine Asian women. What a contrasts to the scene in Toronto. night and day literally. I don't think in my 4 days there I saw more than 3 or 4 fat local. All the fatties were not surprisingly, gringas. LOL

I stayed at the Eaton Smart Hotel, a 4 star about 5 minutes walk to Jordan Station right on Jordan street and within 2 minutes walk of Nathan Road. Great location. The room was very small, but good classy hotel. Very nice location. However, next time in HK, I'm going to be staying in Wanchai to be closer to the nightlife. I found the cabs to be cheap and the metro cheap as well and convenient. The Star Ferry is a must and specially going for the one hour cruise along Victoria Harbor at 8pm for the Symphony of Lights. Very well worth it.

Girls:
Lots of eye candy everywhere. Love how the girls there are super sexy, very elegant and fashionable and put to shame 99.99% of all western women there. Didn't get to try the nightlife due to the jet lag screwing me around but next time, I'll stay in Wanchai and for longer to get my HK flag.

Safety was a non issue, it's very safe everywhere you go. Food was amazingly delicious. Food was reasonably priced. Of course if you go to the very high end places, then they can cost quite a lot. All in all, I really enjoyed my time in Hong Kong and I will return there again and again. Next time here, I will register a business and open a bank account with HSBC.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Friday afternoon, took the train from HK to Guanghzou. The train ride from was smooth and easy and cheap. The first class ticket cost me 230 HK$ or about 30 bucks. Upon arriving in GZ, I was really impressed by the city, its infrastructure and the thing that pops to your face is that this is a city of wealth and that there is a LOT of money in this city. You are surrounded by shiny, very nice looking to impressive looking buildings and skyscrapers and you see cranes and construction going on everywhere. You see the economic explosion everywhere. That's the first thing that you notice upon coming here. The 2nd thing that jumps to your face is that there are a TON of people here. No kidding. Go to the mall and it's packed wall to wall, a sea of humans. You literally feel the effect of the 1.3 or 1.4 billion people around you. And that can feel quite overwhelming. And as a natural by product of that, you see a very high amount of very attractive girls dressed in a very fashionable, sexy yet classy way.

Language barrier is a biggie, no doubt. Went to the mall yesterday afternoon to buy a new phone and it took 3 hours to do that as the staff at the store spoke very minimal english and I speak no chinese. We were going back and forth for even basic stuff like information, locked, unlocked etc...for minutes at a time. At one point, I had almost half of the sales force of the store around me trying to help each other and to practice their 2-3 words of english with me. It was cute. LOL

Friday night, met with a girl I have been chatting with and exchanging emails for the past few weeks. Her pictures were very hot. From my previous experience with online dating in BKK and Cebu, I knew that most often than not the pics are heavily photoshoped or taken a few years ago so wasn't expecting much but out of curiosity, still went ahead and met her. However, got an email with her number to call her. So I called her and from her friend saying that the girl I've been chatting doesn't speak english and that she's helping her with the translation and she will be coming with us. They came and picked me up at my hotel as I didn't want to cab it to a place I don't know anything about without speaking the lingo. We had some extremely tasty barbeque in a middle class part of town. I was a bit over dressed for the place but didn't feel unsafe. Everyone there was having a good time and enjoying themselves.

The girl I was interested in was very sweet and held good eye contact but due to the language barrier and the presence of her friend, was very shy despite drinking a few beers. She is tall, good curvy body, nice rack, sexy face and plump lips. lol Gotta find a way to get her alone with me but that will be difficult as she speaks like no english at all.

Last night, cute shorty that speaks good english calls me saying she can't wait to see me but that her friend, the tall beautiful one can't come as she is very tired from a long day at work and is working at 6am the next day. But instead, she'll bring another of her friend if that's ok with me. I said sure no problem and they showed up at midnight outside my building. The friend that she brought with her was a very cute, bubbly girl who spoke some english and she said she is a tourist guide. She said she will be my guide and will make sure I get a good tour of GZ. Sounds good to me...We went to the bar right outside my building and after not even 20 minutes, shorty's aunt called that she is in the area to pick her up as she works early on sunday morning. I was a bit dissapointed but respected that they have to work early in the morning.

Today, around just before 11, tourist guide girl calls me to say she will pick me up at 2pm to take me around town. However, she will be bringing her friend as she speaks better english than her. What's the scoop here guys? I mean I don't mind a girl bringing her girlfriend as that gives me more prospects to play with but that also makes it harder to game them. Is that normal for traditional chinese girls to bring a friend? I'd appreciate all and any feedback from China experts on how to best deal and game Chinese girls.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Quick update: Tourist girl just texted me that she is coming with 3 of her girlfriends to take me around town. This is a lot of potential...Will keep you guys posted on how it goes...

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

VP,

I'm no China expert, but this seems like an easy read to me: Stop saying "yes" when a girl asks or mentions that she's bringing another girl.

Edit: I hope this post doesn't come off as abrasive. I just think it may be that simple.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Could be a Guangzhou thing, don't know never been there, but in some cities it is pretty normal (numrous girls on a date) ie Ningbo, Zhejiang.

Could be you moved too fast on chatting with them online, quickly asking to meet up, slow it down and pipeline earlier.

Could be that their English sucks so they need to bring somebody, screen this out better.

The girls are shy don't have much social skills, so they bring friends to help make ot more fun, make communication easier, etc.

Pass the test have fun with all the friends, act like buddies not like your trying to get laid, then you can get iso on the next date. That is what worked for me. They like nice guys that are playful not challenging a-holes that they can't figure out.

Maybe some others had different experiences, but playing it slowed worked best for me usually, takes time to learn to read them to know when to strike faster.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Be direct, cut right to the chase. Your hot, do you have a boyfriend? No? Great, then I'm it! [Image: biggrin.gif]

Be masculine about this dude, they LOVE it... it drives them crazy, cocky/funny works really well cause there aren't any masculine guys around for miles, 1000's of miles. [Image: wink.gif]

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

So today went out doing touristy stuff with 4 girls, 1 tall and busted, 1 cute, bubbly but not really my style and 2 very hot ones. Hot girl # 1 was only 19 but very pretty and Hot girl # 2, was exactly the way I like them, long hair, milky white skin, pretty face, nice rack and nice butt. Funny enough the 2 hotties were the ones with the better English. Right from the go, it was obvious that hottie # 2, the 22 year old was the one giving me the better reception. She was holding good eye contact, checking me out and calling me a couple of times to come take a picture with her. At one time she even asked me if I had a chick in her cute accent. Pretending not to understand her, I asked her to repeat what she had asked but she was shy and didn't repeat. A few minutes later, I asked her if she liked singing she replied that yes she is single. It was cute.

I wasn't sure what was the best approach with Chinese girls so just took it casually and didn't push anything. I also felt that the presence of her friends was also holding her back and also made me hesitant to make a move on her as face is everything with Chinese people. Before she left, got her digits and made plans with her to meet next weekend as she lives far away from GZ. But damn that is one fine dime. A girl like her would be on the cover of magazines in North America but it was refreshing to seeing her and her friends so sweet and treating me so nice. While having a pizza later on, they would serve me first and give me the best and biggest piece each time telling me "you the man, you need to eat more than us girls". Wow, sooo freaking refreshing from the corrupted and hopeless entitled bitches in NA.

I honestly get the feeling that if one were to stay a month here or even better live here, that he could literally build an harem composed of a good 10 to 15 women no problem. And that you'd get as many girls as you can handle. Actually, you could probably get way more girls than you know what to do with. Seriously. Prior to coming here, I've been emailing with a girl and she introduced me to her friend who brought a friend who brought 3 of her friends and so forth. It's simply unreal.

Even today, I was overwhelmed with the attention and i kept receiving calls and text msgs from girls I didn't even know but who had my number given to them by a fellow forum member (Big shout to you brother!!!). Mind blowing stuff. After experiencing that, it is nearly impossible to go back to the fattitude and feminazi attitude in NA. I am seriously contemplating not returning back to Canada at the end of my trip. Now I need to find a good gig to keep me here and I'm staying here.

I thought I had seen it all in Thailand and the Philippines but this is even better than the Phils as the calibre of girls is way higher and most importantly, girls can actually pay for things. Of the 3 days I've been out with girls in GZ so far, only once I paid for cabs and food and that's because I literally had to force my way to pay for the bill. They wouldn't let me simply touch the bill. I don't know if i's the same in other parts of China but I'm really really loving it here![Image: banana.gif]

Not only it's amazing for girls, but in quality and quantity, it's also awesome for meeting great people. I met a guy the other night on the elevator in my building from Amsterdam doing business here and we had drinks tonight and what he told me about the opportunities here just blew me away. And he's going to take me on a factory tour to his supplier tomorrow morning. Talk about real world exposure to business. Simply loving it so far!

Some of the downsides to living in GZ I've noticed so far is that it's hot as hell and I'm one who likes hot weather. But this is like Vegas heat in the summer. Oppressive, humid heat to the max. The other major drawback/challenge is language barrier. I'm going to put all the effort necessary to learn as much of Mandarin as possible not only for day to day things and to get access to a higher calibre of girls but above all, for business reasons as that would open up a whole new world of opportunities to me combined with the 6 other languages I currently speak. Simply mind blowing of that's possible here when/if one puts their mind truly to it. Another negative aspect I noticed is that girls are quite traditional and rarely drink and are not or at least from my very short experience and exposure to them, they don't appear to be loose or sluts here. While this is awesome, I'd also like to meet some sluts and loose girls for some easy and fast action. Any ideas on where in GZ they usually hang out? Like names of clubs, bars etc?

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Btw, how do I get to access FB in China? When at home, I don't use FB but when I travel, I use it to keep in touch with friends and family.

Thanks!

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Quote: (09-09-2012 11:58 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

So today went out doing touristy stuff with 4 girls, 1 tall and busted, 1 cute, bubbly but not really my style and 2 very hot ones. Hot girl # 1 was only 19 but very pretty and Hot girl # 2, was exactly the way I like them, long hair, milky white skin, pretty face, nice rack and nice butt. Funny enough the 2 hotties were the ones with the better English. Right from the go, it was obvious that hottie # 2, the 22 year old was the one giving me the better reception. She was holding good eye contact, checking me out and calling me a couple of times to come take a picture with her. At one time she even asked me if I had a chick in her cute accent. Pretending not to understand her, I asked her to repeat what she had asked but she was shy and didn't repeat. A few minutes later, I asked her if she liked singing she replied that yes she is single. It was cute.

I wasn't sure what was the best approach with Chinese girls so just took it casually and didn't push anything. I also felt that the presence of her friends was also holding her back and also made me hesitant to make a move on her as face is everything with Chinese people. Before she left, got her digits and made plans with her to meet next weekend as she lives far away from GZ. But damn that is one fine dime. A girl like her would be on the cover of magazines in North America but it was refreshing to seeing her and her friends so sweet and treating me so nice. While having a pizza later on, they would serve me first and give me the best and biggest piece each time telling me "you the man, you need to eat more than us girls". Wow, sooo freaking refreshing from the corrupted and hopeless entitled bitches in NA.

I honestly get the feeling that if one were to stay a month here or even better live here, that he could literally build an harem composed of a good 10 to 15 women no problem. And that you'd get as many girls as you can handle. Actually, you could probably get way more girls than you know what to do with. Seriously. Prior to coming here, I've been emailing with a girl and she introduced me to her friend who brought a friend who brought 3 of her friends and so forth. It's simply unreal.

Even today, I was overwhelmed with the attention and i kept receiving calls and text msgs from girls I didn't even know but who had my number given to them by a fellow forum member (Big shout to you brother!!!). Mind blowing stuff. After experiencing that, it is nearly impossible to go back to the fattitude and feminazi attitude in NA. I am seriously contemplating not returning back to Canada at the end of my trip. Now I need to find a good gig to keep me here and I'm staying here.

I thought I had seen it all in Thailand and the Philippines but this is even better than the Phils as the calibre of girls is way higher and most importantly, girls can actually pay for things. Of the 3 days I've been out with girls in GZ so far, only once I paid for cabs and food and that's because I literally had to force my way to pay for the bill. They wouldn't let me simply touch the bill. I don't know if i's the same in other parts of China but I'm really really loving it here![Image: banana.gif]

Not only it's amazing for girls, but in quality and quantity, it's also awesome for meeting great people. I met a guy the other night on the elevator in my building from Amsterdam doing business here and we had drinks tonight and what he told me about the opportunities here just blew me away. And he's going to take me on a factory tour to his supplier tomorrow morning. Talk about real world exposure to business. Simply loving it so far!

Some of the downsides to living in GZ I've noticed so far is that it's hot as hell and I'm one who likes hot weather. But this is like Vegas heat in the summer. Oppressive, humid heat to the max. The other major drawback/challenge is language barrier. I'm going to put all the effort necessary to learn as much of Mandarin as possible not only for day to day things and to get access to a higher calibre of girls but above all, for business reasons as that would open up a whole new world of opportunities to me combined with the 6 other languages I currently speak. Simply mind blowing of that's possible here when/if one puts their mind truly to it. Another negative aspect I noticed is that girls are quite traditional and rarely drink and are not or at least from my very short experience and exposure to them, they don't appear to be loose or sluts here. While this is awesome, I'd also like to meet some sluts and loose girls for some easy and fast action. Any ideas on where in GZ they usually hang out? Like names of clubs, bars etc?

Nice thread VP, but the last part of this post tells me why GZ could never be a pussy paradise, like you find in The Phils or Thailand. Sounds more like Saigon, Vietnam. In other words, a big city where the quality is higher, but the girls dont drink as much or are as slutty. Nevertheless, one could do very well in Saigon or GZ with a bit of time and patience. I didnt build a harem in Saigon because I was spoiled by the Philippines and wanted a different girl almost every night. Though that wasnt possible in Saigon, there was still plenty of girls available and I did pretty well. Between choosing between Saigon and GZ, Im pretty sure there are more young english speaking girls in Saigon. The quality would be pretty close though.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Quote: (09-09-2012 12:49 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Btw, how do I get to access FB in China? When at home, I don't use FB but when I travel, I use it to keep in touch with friends and family.

Thanks!

http://f.chinoxy.com/
if you don't got VPN. Kinda limited but you can message and shit still.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Quote: (09-09-2012 12:49 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Thanks!

StrongVPN.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Killer info bro. I really want to swing by China. My buddy has some type of export business in Shenzhen. He speaks Mandarain and use to work in HK. Really been wanting to to visit him, and this thread really got me pumped.

Do you plan on staying in this city for a few months?

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

As far as the paying goes it will be the same everywhere.

host should pay for the guest, won't always happen .

Won't see moocher guys or girls like you will in Latin America, that take advantage of you bc you're a gringo (example: asking for $20 in gas money for driving you 5 miles, expecting you to pay for an entire dinner for 5 people that you just met). Honestly, this is my favorite thing about China.

When I go back to visit China many of the girls (old friends or flings) I meet and/or bang pay for everything bc I am the guest and an old friend. I beg and plead to pay (since I make many times what they make and they know it) and all they say is "If I ever come to America you can pay for my meal."

Almost every girl I slept with cleaned my apartment, the next morning while I took a shower.

Most of them loved to cook and take care of me.

Never had a girl tell me I drink too much (even if I'm falling down drunk,since i'm not an angry drunk then they didn't care), none of my gf's cared that I did drugs, how I dressed, etc.

Downside: They will complain a lot about how they are hot/cold/foot hurts/stomach hurts/head hurts, they also like to cry a lot.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Just a few tips on travelling to asia and jetlag. Since it's generally a 12 hour time difference, it's probably going to be kind of brutal no matter what you do. Here are a few things you can do to help yourself though, which have worked for me.

-If at all possible, adjust your sleep schedule while still at home, staying up progressively later. This can be a bitch and in some cases impossible with work schedules. If you can though, changing your sleep schedule by even 4 hours can help quite a bit.

-On the plane, try to sleep and then wake up on the schedule you'd want to be keeping in Asia. So, if you're on the plane and have been sleeping and it's 8am Hong Kong time, get up and drink coffee. Walk around on the plane, read a book, etc.

-Take some melatonin with you and use it for the first 3 days. Try not to nap, and avoid alcohol at first unless it's late.

It will be a bit brutal no matter what, but if you do these things it should help. Let me know how it goes if anyone tries it.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

CM,
I agree that nothing beats the Phils in terms of the ease of getting a fresh new girl every night. I don't think there's another place like that anywhere in the world. If there is, I'd love to know about it. LOL Now, having said that, there are quite a few office ladies here who do speak decent to fluent English. However, the problem is that they work crazy hours like 9am to 9pm 6 days a week and only have 1 day off. As I wrote in my previous post, if one is living in GZ, after a month or 2, one could easily have 8-10 girls on rotation and have a different one came each night...[Image: wink.gif] but that takes time. Another advantage of China is that the girls are for the most part, good girls in that they have not ridden the cock carousel as the girls in NA or even SA. I'd say that half of the girls I have met so far, I was the first foreigner they've met as in their words, despite the fact that there are a lot of expats in GZ, these girls are traditional, rarely drink and are shy and do not approach the expats unless they are introduced by mutual friends or through work. So Chinese girls are more of keepers than just P&D type of deal. I haven't had my chinese flag yet but from all the guys here I have spoken with who either have a Chinese gf or wife, they all unanimously said that their girl treats them like a king.

Thanks Expectation and Menace for the proxy suggestion, I'm going to look into that.

RioNomad, Yeah by all means, go spend some time in China. You'll love it for sure. It is indeeed the real deal. If I can find a good gig, I will stay, if not, I'd return to Canada, go straight to Alberta, work in the oil fields for a few months then head back to GZ in Jan-Feb with some capital, enroll in a local university to learn Chinese and start hustling on my own biz.

Redneckpunk,
That's also exactly the words that the Chinese girls I've went out with said when it came to paying the bill, that I am the host and they will pay and if/when they come to Canada, then I could pay for it. The only time I paid for the bill was on sunday afternoon at the Pizza place and that's because I took the bill directly from the waitress' hand before she even put it on the table. They were all insisting that they would pay for it as I am a guest. How refreshing and sweet! You're also so right that I also hate this freeloading mentality in SA and in the Phils where you're supposed to pay for everyone just cause you're the gringo. Hate that with a passion.

Good tips Dirtman, I'll try those next time I return to Asia.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Update on today:
Went with the guy from Amsterdam to see his suppliers. Was phenomenally eye opening and mind blowing at the type of deals he was getting and the type of money he was making. Guys, just one thing, get your butt to GZ and China and start hustling. This is where it's at! But come with some capital. I already have some very good leads for some potentially very lucrative businesses that I'm going to research the heck out of and then just get going.

The place we went is located right by the Guangzhou Railway station metro station there are lot of shops and a huge building where the agents of the biggest leather goods and specially women purses, shoes manufacturers are located. Saw some craaaazy deals to be had (not for retail buys but for wholesale buying).

At night, we went for dinner to a very nice Italian restaurant and got their buffet which was about 20 bucks per person with an excellent selection. Talked to the owner who was funny enough from Woodbridge, just north of Toronto. What a small world...LOL After that we looked for a bar or a club to see what the action is for a monday night and ended up at Cave bar right near the Garden Hotel. We saw some nice girls hanging outside of it. We got in to check it out and as soon as we got in, we realized it was a P4P joint, but decided to get a drink anyways as it was hot as hell outside. A few minutes later, an old woman came to sit besides me and she said I could take her to my room for some good massage to make me happy for only 200US$. I simply laughed at her face, finished my drink and we both got up and left the place. So beware guys of that place.

Apparently near my hotel in Tianhe, there is a very nice normal club called Nova which is open every night but upon further probing my friend, realized that the place caters mostly to the expat crowd that lives in the Tianhe district. I'm not interested at all in gringas so passed. Next best option is I heard there's a club which has salsa nights on Thursday nights and is quite popular with the hot chinese women. I'm really looking forward to that!

Tomorrow, I plan on visiting some shoes manufacturers agents to get some quotes and ideas from them and then go to the GZ university in Tianhe and the Bayun U to inquire about their Mandarin courses for foreigners.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Forgot to add a key factor IMO:
The Italian restaurant I went for dinner yesterday which was by Taojin station, the buffet included also unlimited drinks, that is soft drinks and beers for 120 RMB or 19 bucks, a great deal as the food selection was great. A good place to go at least once a week, specially with a nice date.

Hong Kong & Guangzhou

Thanks for the info man. Just got an email back from my friend in SZ. He's into some manufacturing and exporting stuff now. I gotta make a trip out there once my cash flow isn't so stagnant. Appears to be a shitload of opportunity out there.