rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Model Recruiting in Brazil

This thread is in between "Travel" and "lifestyle". Who knows of modeling or talent recruting websites in Brazil? Like ModelMayhem but with more than 30 Brazilian models. I would prefer free sites, where you don't have to pay but you can register as a publisher. I'm looking for efficient ways to recruit "the girl next door" talent to be discovered.

Do you think street approaches will be better for recruiting in Brazil instead of the internet? or is there a better medium (newspaper)?

Street approaches rarely work in the US to recruit models unless you carry a portfolio book with you, so let me know if you can provide some advise by living in Brazil or having done something similar there.

Those who provide the best advice will be rewarded with photos the soonest.

From the NYTimes: Finding supermodels in rural Brazil (2010)

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Lots of guys do model recruitment full time, so it's not that easy to find talent. This page has some tips: http://indoorsecrets.com/?q=node/4

Here's a book on amazon but I don't know if it's legit...

http://www.amazon.com/Recruiting-Models-...B0056B5G9S

Quote:Quote:

Street approaches rarely work in the US to recruit models unless you carry a portfolio book with you

How about if you carry around an iPad with your portfolio? It may improve your credibility.

You may also try going to a modeling agency book a few models and create your own portfolio to start with. Good idea though.

I can't speak for Brazil, but I can speak for the US. Girls who want to model = girls looking for cash. Think about it from that perspective. I'd stick to the internet, for every hour of work you put in, girls are going to be putting in 10x that sending you pics.

Quote: (06-19-2012 01:02 PM)Freedom Wrote:  

This thread is in between "Travel" and "lifestyle". Who knows of modeling or talent recruting websites in Brazil? Like ModelMayhem but with more than 30 Brazilian models. I would prefer free sites, where you don't have to pay but you can register as a publisher. I'm looking for efficient ways to recruit "the girl next door" talent to be discovered.

Do you think street approaches will be better for recruiting in Brazil instead of the internet? or is there a better medium (newspaper)?

Street approaches rarely work in the US to recruit models unless you carry a portfolio book with you, so let me know if you can provide some advise by living in Brazil or having done something similar there.

I tried posting some casting call ads on craigslist for them but quickly learned nobody there uses craigslist.

I plan on heading to Brazil and doing something like this, just not in the near future. But what I would do is call up the local modeling agencies and tell them you're doing a casting call for an American magazine.

The crucial part is actually having a legitimate and professional website. If you wanna team up on this, I am more than willing. I have a quasi-legit fashion magazine and agency with websites solely for this purpose.

Let me know if you're down.

Another route that I've read about on here is to go the business card route. Passing out business cards to where other models hang out. Maybe find the modeling and fashion events in the area and going there and recruiting with a business card.

How about if you carry around an iPad with your portfolio? It may improve your credibility.
So it's unsafe to carry a DSLR in Copacabana but an iPad should be okay??

I'll just print out and carry photos with me [Image: idea.gif]

Quote: (06-19-2012 05:24 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

This. Two fashion types did this in the middle of a daytime cold approach approach I did a while ago. They wanted her to model for a local boutique or something and they had tons of pictures of their shoots on one of their iPad's.

Quote: (06-19-2012 11:16 PM)JofSuperman Wrote:  

Quote: (06-19-2012 01:02 PM)Freedom Wrote:  

I tried posting some casting call ads on craigslist for them but quickly learned nobody there uses craigslist.

I plan on heading to Brazil and doing something like this, just not in the near future. But what I would do is call up the local modeling agencies and tell them you're doing a casting call for an American magazine.

The crucial part is actually having a legitimate and professional website. If you wanna team up on this, I am more than willing. I have a quasi-legit fashion magazine and agency with websites solely for this purpose.

Let me know if you're down.

Another route that I've read about on here is to go the business card route. Passing out business cards to where other models hang out. Maybe find the modeling and fashion events in the area and going there and recruiting with a business card.

This is something I'd be into doing. I'm in south america for the rest of the year; was planning to spend a month Rio in July or August. I'm a hobby photographer, but have a decent portable kit and know how to use it - DSLR, a couple of strobes & remote triggers, umbrellas, small soft box, ring flash setup, etc.

Cool, I'm down. Send me a PM and we can talk.

Turns out I know the OP Freedom, he's a wing of mine haha. He works with me on the magazine. All 3 three of us can plan this out.

So it's unsafe to carry a DSLR in Copacabana but an iPad should be okay??

It's not unsafe. No ones going to walk up to you in the daytime at Copacobana and steal your iPad. At night time maybe.

Hit me up on PM. I've started to do this and found recruiting on facebook working ok. The direction I'm taking is to develop an alternative beauty magazine. So far, 120+ girls have expressed interest, and some applications for having pro shots done. Working with a few other people, I'm confident we could get a lot more results even faster.