rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity

The Red Pill subreddit attacks me and neomasculinity

Quote: (05-23-2015 06:34 AM)aphelion Wrote:  

If Rollo had Roosh pegged as a PUA a long time ago, and his opinion of Roosh hasn't closely tracked the evolution of Roosh's psychology, then of course Rollo's going to look at Roosh as being an opportunistic fox in the henhouse. I don't see Roosh's shift in focus from writing Bang guides to writing about masculinity because I've followed Roosh's writing closely enough over the years in order to see that it wasn't a tectonic shift for him and that he's been leaning this way for years.

I came here because I found Roosh's writing fascinating, and noticed the ongoing evolution of a mind always looking for answers and refining his theories.

This is the natural process of aging into a healthy adult. The ideas and comforts of certain periods in our life should eventually be challenged, refined, strengthened or abandoned.

Culture now encouraging 'freezing' our thoughts at a particular time so we have no personal growth. Cougars! 50 is the new 30! Stay young forever. 20-something's watching 'Adventure Time' and going watching kid's cartoons filled with snarky, pop culture references. 40 year old men watching movies about giant robots and superhero team ups.

To illustrate how normalised immaturity has become, here's something from my childhood:

I was 15, the 80's 'Transformers' movie came out, and an older mate wanted to go see it, and asked me to go with him.

My sister: "God, he's way too old for that."

My stepfather: "That's a film for children."

My mother: "He's a very immature guy. You really need to find friends who act their age."

My friend: "He's such a loser. All the girls at school hate him. This is why we don't like being seen with him and you need to drop him as a mate."

Nowadays, 40 year old guys will talk about a Transformers movie around the water cooler, and I feel like the only adult alive.

There are very few writers in popular culture who seem to be maturing as they write, let alone even bothering to be asking questions about their own lives. I think of the majority of writers as being like this dweeb. (Ridiculously, there's a guy in the comments who cribbed word-for-word my reaction about this video from the forum).

My Facebook feed is a procession of educated, degreed 30, 40 and 50 year olds with the concerns and critical thinking ability of middle schoolers.

In all the noise, I stumble across Roosh, and recognise the questioning, developing mind of a traditionally-healthy adult male. Through him, I'm lead to Quintus, and recognise the same.

These aren't boys, like Gethard. These are Men, writing for Men, and as such, they're both seeking, analysing, learning and refining thought, and, as such, I expect their views, theories and beliefs to deepen with life experience, and for some things they valued before to become worthless to them. Even more so, I recognise that this is right and healthy.

If this includes abandoning nomenclature associated with a 16-year-old movie made by a transitioning female to male transsexual, I hardly see why this should cause offense or be any kind of issue.

Reading 'The Red Pill' introduction from Reddit's sidebar, from my every experience as a 44-year-old man:

The idea that Feminism is just a 'sexual strategy' for women and that it's about 'equal rights' and that TRP support it shows a complete ignorance of social, historical and psychological reality. Saying 'men are responsible for their own happiness' in a culture that is in the process of methodically Unpersoning straight white men is contemptible.

It's not just about 'Mastering Game' and sexual success with women. I lost count of my notches somewhere in the early 30's, because it ceased to matter to my ego. Based on the average lifetime partner studies I keep seeing, I'm an extreme outlier.

So, I'd ask the Red Pill 'Experts' and 'Moderators': why isn't my happiness 'maximised'? Why am I still questioning and seeking and tiring of the game itself, something Roosh has spoken about, when I still having a raging sex drive?

If it's about physical fitness, I got into the shape of my life during filming last year. At my age, I recognise that will probably be peak fitness, I probably can't improve from here - my knees are shot, my eyes are requiring glasses - and I accept that aging is a normal and healthy part of life, so am not worried about this. So, again, why wasn't my happiness 'maximised'?

We live in a culture where seemingly-everything is permitted, and I've operated with my own moral-compass for 20 something years. So, why isn't my happiness 'maximised'? Why am I searching for answers to questions that seem greater than my physical self? Why am I questioning spiritual beliefs?

Why isn't everyone else's happiness maximised? Why does current society barely-resemble the polite, pleasant one of my youth, where people would interact on the street, where there was a sense of community, where children were trusted to move about unsupervised, and everyone wasn't paranoid about every stranger and vicious towards anyone who they think is showing them up by being 'better' than them? Why does social media default to detached snarky outrage? It's almost like some design lead us to mistrust everyone else but ourselves to the degree we can only rage at each other, making communication impossible? Whatever could that design be?

Roosh and Quintus are offering a solid, considered philosophy that addresses these deeper questions with military precision. Whilst this broader, politicised concept might seem irrelevant to you at this point in time if you're young and knee-deep in poon, eventually you will either grow tired of the game, trust the wrong plate and get divorce-raped, or those plotting against your happiness will criminalise basic game concepts.

It's a level of serious thought far beyond what any Random Reddit Moderator can offer a men.

Messages In This Thread