rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just Be A Dickhead

Just Be A Dickhead

This thread made me realize I need to workout more and start practicing fighting to the point where I feel like I wouldn't pussy out of physical confrontation. For a second I think "yeah fuck it I'm going out like el mech for the night", but then I know I would back down to the first person to call my bluff. For me, I can see that my tendency to be nice is tied to avoiding conflict and my tendency to avoid conflict is tied to not being willing to throw down if need be. That has to be some primal shit going on there. The weird thing is it doesn't matter if I'm dealing with women or men, I'm still operating on the same "avoid conflict, preserve self" programming.

I'm not looking to get into the habit of getting into fights, but I can see that not being willing to if pressed makes being an authentic man impossible -- because you don't have a bottom line. Its like playing no limit holdem without ever being willing to go all-in, you'll get eaten alive.

Messages In This Thread