rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Edmonton, Canada

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the forum, so I'd thought I'd contribute with this datasheet because I've taken a lot from this site and will need some more info for future travels.

Edmonton: AKA E-town, Edmonchuk, Calgary's ugly sister.
Population: About 1 million

General summary: Edmonton is a 2nd tier, mediocre Canadian city. I wouldn't live here if it wasn't for its booming economy (I"m one of the tens of thousands of Atlantic Canadians who've moved here for work in the past 5 years) and I wouldn't plan a trip to Canada around this city. However, if you're in Alberta anyway, maybe visiting Calgary or skiing the Rockies, a trip up to E-town could be worthwhile.

It is definitely a blue collar city, unlike Calgary to the south (which is more white collar), I get eyeballed in my Carhartts here more than Cowtown for sure!

That being said, fun times can be had in Edmonton and picking up women in bars or day game is fairly easy, like most Canadian cities.

Interesting fact: Edmonton has the largest number of people of Ukrainian heritage in the world, lots of perogies and cute blond chicks here, they even have Ukrainian immersion in the public schools here, hence the nickname "Edmonchuk".

Partying in Edmonton: Like most other western Canadian cities, the bars and clubs close at 2am. I personally don't go to the clubs here because I find them mostly lame, however, there are some really decent pubs. Drinking age in Alberta is 18.

Places to Party: The most frequented area is Whyte Avenue, its a strip of about 5 blocks of bars, cafes, boutiques,etc where most people come to party on weekends. Most of the bars are small and attract a heavy university crowd (university of Alberta is a few blocks away) and also a lot of hipsters. Edmonton is a very industrial city which is centred around oil, so there tends to be quite a few blue collar trades men out too.
Places on Whyte to hit up: Hudson's, the Pint, O'Byrnes (all pubs). The rack on Tuesdays has $1 draught pints and in early September, I saw the longest queue at a bar I've ever seen in my life there!

Downtown: Jasper Ave area attracts the more mature, business crowd. I like the Druid Irish pub and the Pint, never checked out The Bank, but thats where you'll find more upscale, hotter women.

West Ed Mall: At one time, the largest in the world, its home to some decent pubs and restos as well as a couple big night clubs, but it is in the far west of the city:

Logistics: Edmonton is a very big city, area wise. If you're going to visit, I'd recommend a hotel either downtown or Whyte ave area, then you'd have good access to most attractions.

Ethnic mix: Like I said, a lot of Eastern Euro heritage here, also large Asian communities such as Chinese and Indian. Some Latino and African (mostly east, lats of Somalians here and Sudanese) and some Caribbean, but not much.

Oh, theres one flag out there that I got in E-town which I haven't heard mentioned on this forum, the Native American flag! Yes Indians (think feather, not dot), there are a lot of Cree people in Alberta, and they like to party hard!

Things to do: Theres a few decent festivals here in the summer, the largest being the Edmonton Fringe Fest, the Art Gallery of Alberta is new an impressive, good hunting and fishing, NHL hockey, CFL football.

Daygame: Hit up Whyte Ave area, Hawerlak park in the summer and the river valley. Lots of potential at the West Ed Mall.

Getting here: Direct flights from some USA airports to Edmonton International, Chicago, NYC, Houston.

Final word: Don't even think about coming here in the dead of winter, Dec til March. Last year one day it was -42.6, Edmonton was the 2nd coldest city in the world, after a small town in Siberia!!

By "blue collar city" he means "kinda rough" city. Just be careful which one of those native girls you go for. Natives go effing crazy when they drink man. Not being racist... but it's a fact. I'm from Manitoba... trust me, I know. I think Edmonton has had somewhere around 35 stabbing murders this year so far... Calgary? None.
Personally, I wouldn't tell guys to go to Edmonton and start hitting on native girls... thats trouble. But maybe it's nothing for the guys who are used to going to Columbia ect. I don't know how rough it is down there.
Peace.

Welcome to the forum Scotian.

Good job with the data sheet, I was wondering could you break down the game situation a little more. You say this is a blue-collar town, and does that mean someone who dresses like he's posing for GQ would be better received or not from the local talent.

Any more details will be extremely helpful.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Scotian will know better than me, Ive never been there, but theres alot of cities like Edmonton in Canada. I think a guy who dresses well can do well in a city like Edmonton because the women don't see it often, at least not from a young man, but you would have to be able to hold your own as well. By that I mean that there are alot of blue collar, hardworking, macho guys. Think jacked up four by four trucks with a quad/motorbike/snowmobile in the back. Guys that hunt and fish, work hard with their hands and are quick to fight. They make alot of money working in the oil industry and they like to throw it around. Roissy once wrote that Alaska is the land of the Alpha's. Working class Canada is the same demographic. In a way I disagree with him because although these types of guys are Alpha among each other it doesn't make them Alpha among women, I guess what I'm saying is that they're tough but they don't have much for game.
So... if your a guy who is tough, dresses well PLUS knows how to game women, then a city like Edmonton is yours for the taking. If all you have is game and dressing well then there will be bigger bears in that neck of the woods.

Quote: (11-10-2011 03:43 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the forum, so I'd thought I'd contribute with this datasheet because I've taken a lot from this site and will need some more info for future travels.

Edmonton: AKA E-town, Edmonchuk, Calgary's ugly sister.
Population: About 1 million

General summary: Edmonton is a 2nd tier, mediocre Canadian city. I wouldn't live here if it wasn't for its booming economy (I"m one of the tens of thousands of Atlantic Canadians who've moved here for work in the past 5 years) and I wouldn't plan a trip to Canada around this city. However, if you're in Alberta anyway, maybe visiting Calgary or skiing the Rockies, a trip up to E-town could be worthwhile.

It is definitely a blue collar city, unlike Calgary to the south (which is more white collar), I get eyeballed in my Carhartts here more than Cowtown for sure!

That being said, fun times can be had in Edmonton and picking up women in bars or day game is fairly easy, like most Canadian cities.

Interesting fact: Edmonton has the largest number of people of Ukrainian heritage in the world, lots of perogies and cute blond chicks here, they even have Ukrainian immersion in the public schools here, hence the nickname "Edmonchuk".

Partying in Edmonton: Like most other western Canadian cities, the bars and clubs close at 2am. I personally don't go to the clubs here because I find them mostly lame, however, there are some really decent pubs. Drinking age in Alberta is 18.

Places to Party: The most frequented area is Whyte Avenue, its a strip of about 5 blocks of bars, cafes, boutiques,etc where most people come to party on weekends. Most of the bars are small and attract a heavy university crowd (university of Alberta is a few blocks away) and also a lot of hipsters. Edmonton is a very industrial city which is centred around oil, so there tends to be quite a few blue collar trades men out too.
Places on Whyte to hit up: Hudson's, the Pint, O'Byrnes (all pubs). The rack on Tuesdays has $1 draught pints and in early September, I saw the longest queue at a bar I've ever seen in my life there!

Downtown: Jasper Ave area attracts the more mature, business crowd. I like the Druid Irish pub and the Pint, never checked out The Bank, but thats where you'll find more upscale, hotter women.

West Ed Mall: At one time, the largest in the world, its home to some decent pubs and restos as well as a couple big night clubs, but it is in the far west of the city:

Logistics: Edmonton is a very big city, area wise. If you're going to visit, I'd recommend a hotel either downtown or Whyte ave area, then you'd have good access to most attractions.

Ethnic mix: Like I said, a lot of Eastern Euro heritage here, also large Asian communities such as Chinese and Indian. Some Latino and African (mostly east, lats of Somalians here and Sudanese) and some Caribbean, but not much.

Oh, theres one flag out there that I got in E-town which I haven't heard mentioned on this forum, the Native American flag! Yes Indians (think feather, not dot), there are a lot of Cree people in Alberta, and they like to party hard!

Things to do: Theres a few decent festivals here in the summer, the largest being the Edmonton Fringe Fest, the Art Gallery of Alberta is new an impressive, good hunting and fishing, NHL hockey, CFL football.

Daygame: Hit up Whyte Ave area, Hawerlak park in the summer and the river valley. Lots of potential at the West Ed Mall.

Getting here: Direct flights from some USA airports to Edmonton International, Chicago, NYC, Houston.

Final word: Don't even think about coming here in the dead of winter, Dec til March. Last year one day it was -42.6, Edmonton was the 2nd coldest city in the world, after a small town in Siberia!!

Well, well, well...Edmonton, I city I know alittle something about. In general, I think Alberta girls are very good looking for Canadian standards. Especially the white girls.

I seem to remember a lot of girls of Ukrainian decent, so I think you are right about the EE connection. I remember Edmonton to party harder and have easier girls than Calgary (inevitable Calgary comparison). But Calgary girls are a little better looking.

Don't know if it's still around but I use to like The Standard off by Whyte ave a long while back. It was were I did a lot of my work. West Edmonton Mall is one of the best day game places in the world (yes, I said the world!). I use to like Rum Jungle club in the mall years ago as well. Fucked a lot of hoes in Edmonton. Bless their hearts.

Maybe I should have included the fact that E-town is the murder capital of Canada this year, lol, at 45 so far, this is very high by Canadian standards, Calgary, only a 3 hour drive to the south and with a similar population of 1 million, only has 6 so far, pussies!

This shouldn't deter someone some visiting, its mostly gangsters and homeless vagrants offing each other, not people out partying on Whyte Ave! Ripsaw is right, the natives can be a rough crowd when boozing, I've never partied with a pack of them, just picked up a scallywag at the Purple Onion (the skankiest bar in Etown which has since closed!), partying on a rez is probably a death wish!

Edmonton is indeed a city where you will see plenty of blue collar tradesmen , many with more money than brains, driving around in souped up $80,000 trucks with a skidoo or moose carcass in the back. Due to the oil boom, Alberta has attracted working men from all over Canada to work in the resource sector and most of them head to Edmonton on their days off to party hard, so yes you will see many fights at the bars, especially after a UFC fight, rednecks love this city!!!

Wizard, if you dress GQ in Edmonton, it would be better to stick to the downtown bars where the business types go, I"m sure you'll do well. Also I notice that these bars attract a more ethnically diverse crowd, lots of hot Asian women.

All in all, Edmonton is a somewhat diverse, multi-ethnic city and a person can for sure have a good time here. The people are generally quite friendly and if you cold approach a girl on the street, she will definitely stop and talk. People here don't have a big city, Toronto-like mentality, they are fairly down-to-earth and unpretentious.

WHat is the name of that huge fucking mall in edmonton? That's a sweet pick up spot. It has a little pirate ship sort of attraction in the middle of the mall. Also I saw something I have never seen in another city...They were Indians living in some sore of encampment and they had tents, in the middle of the city, somewhere.

The night life is in calgary for sure. Downtown Edmonton, seemed a little dead to me. Has it changed that much?

Quote: (11-11-2011 02:28 AM)RipSaw Wrote:  

By "blue collar city" he means "kinda rough" city. Just be careful which one of those native girls you go for. Natives go effing crazy when they drink man. Not being racist... but it's a fact. I'm from Manitoba... trust me, I know. I think Edmonton has had somewhere around 35 stabbing murders this year so far... Calgary? None.
Personally, I wouldn't tell guys to go to Edmonton and start hitting on native girls... thats trouble. But maybe it's nothing for the guys who are used to going to Columbia ect. I don't know how rough it is down there.
Peace.

Yea I've known a few native lizards and they can be loose in the cipher. Many are very pretty and easy to fcuk but be careful around them. Don't yield too much.
There was one that was winding on me at work when I first moved here, I think she was so horny that day she practically wanted my meat there and then.
However, be a man that relatively has his marbles together, I passed.

Elaborate more on the dangers one can expect from a native lizard though..

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (11-11-2011 01:19 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (11-11-2011 02:28 AM)RipSaw Wrote:  

Peace.

Yea I've known a few native lizards and they can be loose in the cipher. Many are very pretty and easy to fcuk but be careful around them. Don't yield too much.
There was one that was winding on me at work when I first moved here, I think she was so horny that day she practically wanted my meat there and then.
However, be a man that relatively has his marbles together, I passed.

Elaborate more on the dangers one can expect from a native lizard though..

1) You had better look kind of "hard" for most native girls to even give you the time of day.
2) If you pick the wrong one then your gonna get fucked up/stabbed.
3) Theres a decent chance she'll be the one doing the stabbing. (but more than likely it'll be a young buck)

I'm reminded of something that happened in Winnipeg not long ago. A guy took home a native girl from the bar... he caught her going through his medecine cabinet and gets pissed off... so she pulls out a blade, stabs him up and leaves him for dead.

Theres natives that are middle class and not bad people, but theres something about booze that sets them off.

Some ethnic groups supposedly have a lower tolerance for alcohol, I heard of study claiming that Indigenous Australians are one of them, and from personal experience so are East Asian guys, no offence [Image: tongue.gif]

SOOOLLLD!!! TO THE BLONDE LOVING LATINO NAMED MIXX FOR 1,000!

I think you are the only forum member to acquire the elusive "pocahantas" flag!! Tell us more about Cree Indian (feather not dot) girls, and how you went about it.

+1

ooouuuuccchhhh! Thanks for the tip, my tropical ass can barely stand 15C temperatures!

Looks like I can get my Asian, Pocahantas and Ukranian flags in Edmonton...damn, what a heavenly sounding place.

Mixx

Good report and I can vouch for Edmonton, I have 2 cousins out there that date native indian women.

They are always bugging me to come out there, saying that I would have a great time out there.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Nice report Scotian.

My father is Cree and I have roots in Edmonton. Congrats on the Cree flag.

I have Cree, Algonquin and Dene flags (all from high school and college being in the aboriginal student associations). Some of them can be booming!

Funny the first two beavers I ever saw were Indian. One dot (first) one feather (second) when I was 10 and 12 years old.

There are indeed many good times to be had in E-town, but this time of the year isn't really the best to visit, which is why I got on a plane to Jamaica 5 days ago and am not returning to that frozen town on the tundra until April when it thaws out!

Like I said in the OP, I wouldn't plan an entire trip to Canada around
Edmonton, and I certainly wouldn't come here to game the local Cree women!

Mixx, here's my $0.02 on Cree women: There are definitely some beautiful native Cree women in Alberta, however, like many other indigenous populations throughout the Americas, they are few and far between. The North American diet (high carbs, sugar) and a hard living lifestyle (alcohol and drug abuse is a big problem) has wrecked havoc on many many people's bodies, Natives have a huge problem with type 2 diabetes and obesity.

Also, and here's the kicker, Cree women HAVE NO ASSES, at all!!! I'm sure other forum readers can back me up here, but I have never seen women with such flat bums in my life! Its like someone went up to them with a machete and lopped off their behinds!!!

I'm no expert on the Cree people as I'm not originally from the Prairie provinces of Western Canada, where they are from, and I don't generally associate with many of them. You don't generally see any Native people at up scale bars and lounges, if you wanna hang with some natives, you gotta slum it, which I have been know to do once in awhile.

Gaming native women: I've met some Cree ladies at the following bars in Etown: Blues on Whyte, rock bar on jasper (forget the name) and the PO (which is now closed). They LOVE to drink and get wasted drunk, so order up some beers and approach, its easy, they are generally pretty cool and laid back. Just watch your self with them as previous posters have mentioned, natives in Canada grow up tough, especially the ones from the remote northern reserves, they grow up in 3rd world conditions for real, something most Canadians, like me, are ashamed of!

Anyway, hope this helps, you can get your native flag up here no problem at all, I would just combine a trip to Etown with say, a trip to Calgary (Stampede time is good!!), the Rockies (Banff/Lake Louise) or a cool BC party town like Kelowna!

Quote: (12-13-2011 10:02 AM)scotian Wrote:  

I would just combine a trip to Etown with say, a trip to Calgary (Stampede time is good!!), the Rockies (Banff/Lake Louise) or a cool BC party town like Kelowna!

There was a lot of excitement on Banff last year on this thread, but I never heard of cool, party-town like Kelowna......data sheet plze!! [Image: smile.gif]

Maybe your view on Kelowna/Banff would be awesome!

Mixx

Quote: (12-13-2011 10:09 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (12-13-2011 10:02 AM)scotian Wrote:  

I would just combine a trip to Etown with say, a trip to Calgary (Stampede time is good!!), the Rockies (Banff/Lake Louise) or a cool BC party town like Kelowna!

There was a lot of excitement on Banff last year on this thread, but I never heard of cool, party-town like Kelowna......data sheet plze!! [Image: smile.gif]

Maybe your view on Kelowna/Banff would be awesome!

Mixx

I will post some good info about party spots in Western Canada in the next couple weeks, there are some real gems out there and Kelowna BC is definitely one of them!

Quote: (12-11-2011 01:57 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

SOOOLLLD!!! TO THE BLONDE LOVING LATINO NAMED MIXX FOR 1,000!

I think you are the only forum member to acquire the elusive "pocahantas" flag!! Tell us more about Cree Indian (feather not dot) girls, and how you went about it.

+1

ooouuuuccchhhh! Thanks for the tip, my tropical ass can barely stand 15C temperatures!

Looks like I can get my Asian, Pocahantas and Ukranian flags in Edmonton...damn, what a heavenly sounding place.

Mixx

I got my Pocahantas flag when I was 18. Gotta get them young because they tend to get big with age. Me and my uncle used to run hard game on these girls and pass them off to each other. I remember banging at least 5 on the rez, though that number is probably low.

I've reached Edmonton this week finally, was working at a site for a while.

Went out last night, fucking horrible! I miss Toronto already!

Will report a datasheet once I finish partying every day this week to see if I can land anything.

I'm rolling dolo.

Have this printed off and packed in my bag. I land in a few days time so will be sure to add to this if possible.

I am not planning on drinking much till I have a job (see Canada Oil Jobs in the Lifestyle section) so will be going the day game route mostly. That being said I am Irish so nearly always end up in a bar

Quote: (09-06-2012 05:24 PM)DjembaDjemba Wrote:  

Will report a datasheet once I finish partying every day this week to see if I can land anything.

I'm rolling dolo.

I just asked on the other thread what happened to you.

So did you get a job in fort mac or whatever place you went to? Lots of job opportunities?

Quote: (09-07-2012 12:57 PM)pitt Wrote:  

I'm rolling dolo.

I just asked on the other thread what happened to you.

So did you get a job in fort mac or whatever place you went to? Lots of job opportunities?

Yeah pitt check out the other post, I put down some info.

Right now it's Sunday, and my first week in Edmonton has been an absolute disaster. I hate it. I'm getting no real bites, Even PoF is shit, in Toronto PoF was a good source of protein for me, in Edmonton I've got nothing but flakes. There is something really off here, not sure what it is.

I'm starting to think I should just sublet my spot out and head back to Toronto when I'm off rotation. I'll give it another shot in a month when I'm back.

One redeeming feature is I met up another forum member here and he's a very cool cat.

btw there's tons of work in this town, unemployment is the lowest in Canada. But it reminds me of that Roosh post about travelling and sex tourism, "if you go where the jobs are, your dick will hate you"

I'm rolling dolo.

What places are you hitting? Jasper Ave ? Whyte? West Ed Mall area?

Edmonton is only really hype on the weekends. The only shit your gonna find during the week is the Hudson's near the UofA or maybe on Whyte Ave. Its a deadzone during the week and not much is going on.

Keep in mind you just came off a Long weekend also. I remember long weekend jams being hype there when I used to roll through the Big E.

In the smaller Cities online game does not work. Canadians by in large are tech illiterate and a good bet to see if POF or OKCupid will be good in whatever City is to see how popular other sites like YELP are also.

Only hurting broads will be on POF in Edmonton with a ton of thirsty dudes flooding thier inbox. Edmonton is more of Social Circle town but the difference between Edmonton and Toronto is that people in Edmonton are actually friendly and down to party so its easy to make friends and weasel yourself into a circle with a ton of broads.

For me Edmonton broads were always dtf and party. And you had your pickings of grimy immigrant girls. tons of Chileans, Salvadoreans, Turkish, and African broads to choose from.

[Image: jRbEMfpm.jpg]

I used to pull in Edmonton easily and this was back when I had no game. Maybe a lot has changed as I have not been there in a few years.

Those broads above I weaseled my way in there social circle and any time I was in E-town we would party. I was just way cooler then the corn balls they we're hanging with. I ran through 2 of em, homie ran through the other 2. They knew anytime we were heading out shit was gonna be a crazy night.

Quote: (09-09-2012 06:35 PM)kosko Wrote:  

I'm rolling dolo.

What places are you hitting? Jasper Ave ? Whyte? West Ed Mall area?

Edmonton is only really hype on the weekends. The only shit your gonna find during the week is the Hudson's near the UofA or maybe on Whyte Ave. Its a deadzone during the week and not much is going on.

Keep in mind you just came off a Long weekend also. I remember long weekend jams being hype there when I used to roll through the Big E.

In the smaller Cities online game does not work. Canadians by in large are tech illiterate and a good bet to see if POF or OKCupid will be good in whatever City is to see how popular other sites like YELP are also.

Only hurting broads will be on POF in Edmonton with a ton of thirsty dudes flooding thier inbox. Edmonton is more of Social Circle town but the difference between Edmonton and Toronto is that people in Edmonton are actually friendly and down to party so its easy to make friends and weasel yourself into a circle with a ton of broads.

For me Edmonton broads were always dtf and party. And you had your pickings of grimy immigrant girls. tons of Chileans, Salvadoreans, Turkish, and African broads to choose from.

I used to pull in Edmonton easily and this was back when I had no game. Maybe a lot has changed as I have not been there in 4 years but I always enjoyed my time there.

That's not my experience. I'm only hitting up Whyte Ave. Went out Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat to the main spots. I got a few #s, and shit happened I won't throw on the forum. But for the most part the chicks that are down are straight trash, butt fucking ugly, or fat.

And yeah it's cliquy, but dudes aren't as friendly, mad cockblockers. I've talked to a few groups and the guys are usually either hipster super cockblockers supremos, fucking doing the passive aggressive bitch stares with the twinkles of disapproval in the eyes, or meatheads, usually either totally smashed or strung out.

Maybe shit will be better when I get back, but right now, the only place I'm comparing it is to Toronto, and I've pulled far easier there.

Everything you need to know about edmonton in under 2 minutes. Doubley funny if you know who Steve Armitage is and/or from Calgary.

http://soundcloud.com/ignitedsoul13/stev...onton-mike

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Having lived in Deadmonton for a few years, I agree that the place is a dump, actually I like to describe it as one big truck stop. Its especially hard to adjust to life there if you come from one of the big three Canadian cities (Van-Tdot-Mtl), but even if you're from a smaller, nice city like me, the place is hard to like.

DjembaDjemba, if you don't like it now, imagine how its going to be in December when its -30!

Anyway, its not the worst place to live, you could be staying up in Fort Mac like me. Its still a city of a million people with things to do, you'll just have to find the right group of people to hang out with, I never did that, I just worked away and during my few days off, partied with people I grew up with back east.

Last time I was there, I went to this nice huge beer pub just off of Whyte on Gateway Blvd, can't remember the name (used to be a train station) but a block south of Hudson's on Whyte, nice place. Also the Sugar Bowl on 109th street a couple of blocks from Whyte (near Garneau Theatre) is packed at night.

If Whyte sucks, then check out Jasper, the Pint on 109th north of Jasper is nice. Try day game in West Ed Mall.

I can't think of anything else, I'm trying to be positive (its hard), but ya, Edmonton sucks!