rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should pit bulls be genocided?

Make no mistake, I'm a dog lover, but I've noticed a trend of people owning pit bulls with no ability to train or control them. Recently a friend's Pomeranian was viciously mauled by a pit bull. This Pomeranian barely survived and will be traumatized for life. A female cousin also picked up a shelter pit and it bit my ankle within 5 minutes of me entering her house. It also attacks her frequently. She still keeps it because it's a "sweetheart". It's also more alpha than any guy she has ever dated. She has taken on the role of a battered housewife by keeping this dog.

I used to not make much of these "random" dog attacks, but as the number of pit owners increases, anecdotal evidence keeps telling me this breed is a problem. I did some research and found it's not just me. Forbes recently did an article on pits:

Quote:Quote:

"The following infographic shows that the Pit Bull is still responsible for the most fatal attacks in the U.S. by far, killing 284 people over that 13-year period - 66 percent of total fatalities."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccart...b3beca62f8

[Image: 20180914_Deadly_Dogs_Forbes.jpg]

How many times have you read a newspaper article about a horrific dog attack and discovered that, yet again, pit bulls were responsible?

There are some conflicting studies on Wikipedia (which I'm sure has been heavily edited to prevent dog-racism), but some studies support my conclusion:

"In relation to its small registration (929) the bullterrier (pit bull) was responsible for the highest number of deaths."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_...ted_States

Combine this with a growing number of single women owning pit bulls as a father/husband/child substitute with their complete inability to train or discipline them, and I see problems on the horizon. Even many dudes can't control these things due to the breed's unpredictable nature and aggression.

This leads to the question: Should such an aggressive breed continue to grow in number in a world that's becoming increasingly ill-adapted to care for and train them properly?

My answer is no.

My modest proposal would be a soft genocide of the pit bull breed.

I know the phrase "soft genocide" may raise eyebrows, but it's actually quite humane. Just put laws in place to prevent people from breeding them. Anyone caught selling or raising pit bull puppies would be heavily fined or jailed. There would also be a lot of anti-pit bull propaganda.

I'm sure many of you have pits who are "total sweethearts" and who you love. That's fine and I wouldn't want to do anything to interfere in that relationship. But I've seen too much anecdotal evidence and research which leads me to believe that pit bulls are a danger to society.

The most humane thing to do would be to eradicate the breed from the face of the earth - painlessly, softly and gradually.

"She still keeps it because it's a "sweetheart". It's also more alpha than any guy she has ever dated. She has taken on the role of a battered housewife by keeping this dog."

Haha, insightful sentence. It reminds me why I miss the Heartiste blog.

About five years ago he wrote a hilariously true post on this subject. He compared the women "rescuing" these dogs to the women who date dangerous criminal bad boys with the intent of "saving" them. In both cases, he noted, they usually got the same disastrous results.

When I was on Facebook, I knew someone whose mother owned a pitbull that kept attacking her. One time it tore off part of the mom's lip. What did the mom do? She kept posting pictures on Facebook of her with a bandaged lip looking all sad and forlorn. And, of course, she got lots of sympathy from the Facebook idiot crowd.

Clearly, these women get off on violence and being victimized. If your cousin didn't have the pitbull, she'd probably be harboring a felon, so be lucky you only got bitten when you visited, not stabbed and robbed.

In a country such as the US that vehemently defends its right to bear arms, a law to eradicate a living/breathing member and protector of the family would never be passed, even if the evidence suggests that on the whole, the breed does more harm than good.

Then there is the commerciality of implementing and policing such a program/law. An average of 21 deaths per year over the last 13 years is not a significant concern when compared to other more prevalent causes of preventable death. Cost/benefit ratio would be extremely low.

Further, “Pit Bull” isn't a breed. It’s a term used to describe the American Pit Bull Terrier, the Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier, and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

(English) Staffy lover here.

I'm in favor of prohibiting them. They've been bred to have an overly aggressive temperment, and then people who want a violent and dangerous dog get one, and let it run around with no collar and no training.

If pit bull owners were responsible, the dogs would be safe. However, they're purposely bred to be unsafe.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

I've never been fond of them as I've seen the fatalties they've done on dogs and people. I wouldn't mind banning them.

They're fighting dogs.

Look at the majority of people who own/are responsible for pitbulls.....Ask yourself ..do they add anything to society?

Where do you draw the line though? German Shepherds and Rottweilers can also be aggressive and they are much bigger, usually.

They can be nice dogs, they can be vicious, it depends on how they were raised. They are like the AR15 of dogs.

Quote: (05-14-2019 08:23 PM)dsutmdo Wrote:  

Look at the majority of people who own/are responsible for pitbulls.....Ask yourself ..do they add anything to society?

Does this add to society?

[Image: 1e0c100dbd5ccdfd1125ac42694781c3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8713_2240.jpg]

yes

[Image: Screenshot-2019-05-12-20-00-46-1.png]

I'm pro making it very hard i.e licensing, exams, interviews etc. for people to own these dog breeds, so that responsible owners can still have them. They're amazing dogs for the right people. Not for these "dog mums" trying to replace their bad boy addiction.

Tough call. My last job took me into a lot of people's houses and whenever I was in the more "hood" areas I saw a lot of pit bulls and interacted with a decent amount. Some were actually really sweet, but I was always wary of them. They have the strongest jaws of any dog and can really fuck you up, there's been plenty of stories where something set off a pit bull and it mauled a kid or another dog, i.e. "he's never done this before!!"

My friend doing the same job as I was actually bit by a pit bull (and I don't think it was in a particularly hood area ironically), came out of nowhere behind him while he was talking to the homeowner and bit him on the arm. The owner swore up and down that he had never bit anyone before. It wasn't a mauling or anything, I don't think my buddy had to get stitches or anything but he was pretty freaked out after his arm was numb for a week. It healed up after that and that was the end of it. Personally I'd opt for a lab, a German shepard, or a husky.

I know a lot of retards who think they can train the violence out of a dog or "it's about owners, not the breed" but frankly that kind of back patting is stupid in light of how homicidal and violent pitbulls are on average. Do people not figure that other breeds that aren't violent are somehow immune to having shitty owners? And yet no maulings or deaths. You don't hear about border collies turning babies into pudding.

I'm in favor of a soft genocide or even a hard genocide of pits.

Is there a thread dedicated to dog breeds and their advantages/disadvantages? A few runs of Dog, dog owner, dog breed etc. through the search feature yielded no threads. I am not a dog person but am curious about RVF members' experiences training/owning dogs.

I agree with the above post that licensing, registration, and mandatory training classes and yearly check-ups should be so onerous that only dedicated owners can own pit bulls. I live in a "hood area" and people's dogs are out of pocket. Guns can't shoot themselves but dogs can definitely bite if they want to.

Whenever some idiot tells me that their dog is "super friendly" or "wouldn't hurt a fly" I always ask them if the dog told them that, and if not (always), how do they know? . They don't usually say anything after that. [Image: tard.gif]

delete

C'mon, this is another attack on American values. The American Staffordshire Terrier WAS Americas dog, it was a family pet and protector until the 70's when gangbangers and low lifes turned it into the villain it is today. Like chrome pistols and Trans-Am's, the dog isn't the problem. It's the fucking idiots they attract. I am more afraid of the Taco Bell mutt than AmStaff's.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinim...93.jpg&f=1]

FFS, wake up and deal with the real problem. Let's soft genocide idiots. How does that sound? This might be the stupidest thread on RVF.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

Quote: (05-14-2019 09:26 PM)ChefAllDay Wrote:  

C'mon, this is another attack on American values. The American Staffordshire Terrier WAS Americas dog, it was a family pet and protector until the 70's when gangbangers and low lifes turned it into the villain it is today. Like chrome pistols and Trans-Am's, the dog isn't the problem. It's the fucking idiots they attract. I am more afraid of the Taco Bell mutt than AmStaff's.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinim...93.jpg&f=1]

FFS, wake up and deal with the real problem. Let's soft genocide idiots. How does that sound? This might be the stupidest thread on RVF.

Every scumbag in my neighborhood has 2. They ruined the dog breed the same way they ruined Cognac.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I got a pit bull like a year ago. I didn't even name the damn thing. You let it out of the fence kennel I built and it will rip a bitch apart. It eats food called "Ol Roy".

I only let it out when I'm not home and at night. I had to build another fence around the driveway gate because it will run off. Try chasing that fucker down. I have to grab the collar and drag it into the kennel.

No more wild chickens or beach bums in my yard. A couple mornings I've found dead small feral pigs and mongooses (mongeese?) funny though because it's friendly with my cat.

When you walk up to the kennel it acts all playful with it's tail wagging like it's ready to get petted. Then it goes nuts when you get closer. The things bad ass I like it.

Aloha!

Look at the majority of people.....Ask yourself ..do they add anything to society?

FTFY

Aren't most pitbull owners short dudes with tatoos, gangbangers, or other rejects?

But the other thing I don't get is why get something that is so ugly and aggressive? I like aesthetics and friendliness in a pet.

Old Lady I knew owned two or three Pits.
Occasionally one of the dogs would run away from home and scare the shit out of people
Besides that, these dogs also constantly hostilized visitors and killed small wild animals and other pets she had

Here is the catch: she never had more than one Pit at once, all of them died of poisoning one after another. The lady would tell me it was because of robbers that wanted to invade her house and yadda yadda.

I used to believe it, but this thread I reminded me of an episode where one of these Pit Bulls ran away to the streets and killed another small dog, presumably a pet from one of the neighbours.
A relative of hers was sent to retrieve it and underwent heavy verbal abuse from the locals, saying he was a shit owner and couldn't take care of their own dog, and that they would kill it

Now I believe the neighbours were the ones poisoning the dogs all along for fear of what it could fucking do with such shitty ownership
Honestly, I don't blame them much, these animals were made to kill and not in the disciplined way a hunting breed would.
I'm inclined to believe the successful training cases are more of fighting the animal's own instincts more than anything else.

So, to answer the question: yes, I believe Pit Bulls should be shut down by sterilizing or dilluting their gene pool
I also want to hear about the Hotweiller, another breed I don't trust at all, but don't have enough experience with to properly speak about

NAPALT. (Not All Pits are Like That)

There are plenty of responsible pit bull breeders that only breed dogs that don't show aggression. But there are also a lot of Michael Vicks out there letting violent dogs reproduce.

The pits with the big goofy heads aren't the ones you need to worry about. The ones they use for fighting are about 35 lbs and bred to ignore pain. Those are the vicious ones you don't want to fuck with.

I think the problem isn't necessarily the breed, but the lines that have been selected for aggression and pain tolerance. Most pits I've came across are the big headed ones that are smart and friendly as fuck. Or pits mixed with lab or shepard.

My city for example bans the ownership of any of the pit bull breeds posted by Wisdom Earle above. It's a huge fine. You can have a pit mix if the DNA test comes back as under 50% though. My wife was bit by a boxer mix a few years ago and animal services made the owner submit a DNA test proving it wasn't over half pit.

I don't think we need to let the pit breeds die out, but I understand municipalities banning them if they want. I would ideally like to see the aggression bred out though. It might happen if we ban people who collect welfare and drink Steel Reserve from owning them.

Love all these retarded stereotypes of pitbull owners.

I'm surrounded by quite a few pit bull owners, who are public safety workers, military, engineers, and regular joes. They come from all walks of life.

If anything they're hyper but I haven't seen any as a threat. Of course there's a few bad apples but every single breed has some shithead dogs.

I've definitey seen my share of retarded people who shouldnt own dogs, let alone breed humans.

Quote: (05-14-2019 08:37 PM)Thot Leader Wrote:  

[Image: Screenshot-2019-05-12-20-00-46-1.png]

Of course the pure bred master race aryan dog would say that.

I bet there's a German Shephard out there plotting the genocide of the Pit Bull because they're the Jews of the dog world.

Bark it down! The Doggoyim know!! [Image: lol.gif]

double post