rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should we all migrate from Tinder to POF?

We all know Plenty of Fish is a dying shitshow filled with hambeasts, functionally retarded single moms and literal p2p thots. But Tinder has its own set of problems which have been discussed at length. Even up until 2013, you could get some quality girls on POF without algorithms cockblocking you, and the profile space also left some room for creativity and irreverent humor.

Tinder is women's turf. It's made for short attention spans, attention whoring and maximum hypergamy. POF, in its prime, was a fairly level playing field where a mid-level dude could match with his SMV equal or even a bit higher. A high SMV dude (like most of us - I'm a hard 8.5) could absolutely clean up. I believe POF is still algorithm-free. It just needs a better class of people. That's where we come in.

What if we deprive Tinder of our high SMV presence and all migrate to POF? My theory is that if a critical mass of forum readers migrate, it will create a man-deficit on Tinder and women will notice this. They will start talking in their secret womyn-clubs and realize the action is now on POF. This will eventually lead to an increase in quality women on the site, and when this happens they will be playing by our rules - on our turf.

And that's when we bang them. And POF will make it happen.

I believe this plan is so fool proof that I'm creating my POF profile tonight and deleting Tinder off my phone. I urge all of you to join me, and together we can end this Tinder Tyranny and bring online dating back to a more sane state.

I heard Tinder just added a 'height verification' for males.

Either way, both sites are pretty bad (in different ways). Even if everyone on this forum migrated to POF as you suggest, it wouldn't make any difference.

Tinder and POF have their share of thirsty guys (both of high and low SMV) willing to take whatever sloppy seconds they can get. The girls can afford to be picky in other words.

And considering that whole height verification thing, you're probably not the only guy deciding to 'migrate' to a different dating site. Non-Tinder sites are going to be flooded with even more male competition now, and in-turn the girls on those sites are going to be getting even more attention and male approval.

You're better off just talking to girls offline. Dating sites are in a terrible state right now.

I would personally recommend Bumble. I've met a fair bit lot higher-quality women on there with very little effort.

Quote: (04-01-2019 05:53 PM)Coffee Wrote:  

I heard Tinder just added a 'height verification' for males.

Either way, both sites are pretty bad (in different ways). Even if everyone on this forum migrated to POF as you suggest, it wouldn't make any difference.

Tinder and POF have their share of thirsty guys (both of high and low SMV) willing to take whatever sloppy seconds they can get. The girls can afford to be picky in other words.

And considering that whole height verification thing, you're probably not the only guy deciding to 'migrate' to a different dating site. Non-Tinder sites are going to be flooded with even more male competition now, and in-turn the girls on those sites are going to be getting even more attention and male approval.

You're better off just talking to girls offline. Dating sites are in a terrible state right now.

Going to just correct my comment here. Apparently the height verification thing was an April fools joke. Didn't think it was because I read about it yesterday.

What is with so many places putting up their April Fools jokes on March 31st this year?

The concerted effort would have no impact, some simp would still be banging fatties. even if it's not you, it's always someone else.

Not sure if masterclass April fools joke or serious. . .

Quote: (04-01-2019 06:47 PM)Repo Wrote:  

We should boycott all online sites, dust off our VCR's, and exclusively use the Great Expectations video dating service.

Quote: (04-01-2019 05:54 PM)Batman_ Wrote:  

I would personally recommend Bumble. I've met a fair bit lot higher-quality women on there with very little effort.

Yep. It's the best of what's out there, which isn't saying much.

The discussion of using ai bots has subsided but eventually I think those tools will come of age. If and when that happens then using apps won't be so much of a time-suck for guys.

Quote: (04-01-2019 09:05 PM)questor70 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2019 05:54 PM)Batman_ Wrote:  

Yep. It's the best of what's out there, which isn't saying much.

The discussion of using ai bots has subsided but eventually I think those tools will come of age. If and when that happens then using apps won't be so much of a time-suck for guys.

It is definitely a positive that women have to initiate but even then, they will flake quickly.

Where I am quality on Bumble is much better.

Bumble is mostly yuppy chicks
POF is more prole chicks

Depends on your tastes. A lot of guys on the forum lean towards yuppy/high class chicks.
I'm probably more into prole chicks, though I'm personally a yuppy.

I'd rather date a girl whose never been outside of Texas lol than some girl who graduated from Columbia University and speaks three languages. That one is likely a hard core feminist.

But I agree all online dating is going downhill, getting tougher, ect. But you should always consider all of your options for meeting women.
Tinder gives me a headache/neck/back pain with all the swiping.

Quote: (04-01-2019 07:28 PM)Old Fart Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2019 06:47 PM)Repo Wrote:  

We should boycott all online sites, dust off our VCR's, and exclusively use the Great Expectations video dating service.

Be careful for what you wish for, and make sure that you go the right service:

"Stop playing by 1950's rules when everyone else is playing by 1984."
- Leonard D Neubache

Quote: (04-01-2019 09:28 PM)FullThrottleTX Wrote:  

Bumble is mostly yuppy chicks
POF is more prole chicks

Depends on your tastes. A lot of guys on the forum lean towards yuppy/high class chicks.
I'm probably more into prole chicks, though I'm personally a yuppy.

I'd rather date a girl whose never been outside of Texas lol than some girl who graduated from Columbia University and speaks three languages. That one is likely a hard core feminist.

But I agree all online dating is going downhill, getting tougher, ect. But you should always consider all of your options for meeting women.
Tinder gives me a headache/neck/back pain with all the swiping.

Definitely seems correct on the spread.

Man, the Ivy girls all seem to be hardcore feminists or marxists. They are really entitled.

Aren't people running swiping bots on tinder at this point too?

Tinder is the easiest place to bang ever. 3 bangs in as many days. Two 5s and a 7. Even doubled up one night. It's too fucking easy

Pof seems to have bottom of the barrel girls not to mention the horrendous layout and site design.

If you really want tinder alternatives I would say try:

Bumble
Hinge
Coffee meets bagel
OkCupid (I hate this site but it's way better than pof)

I must have a shitty location for tinder.

What's the best route for Bumble? I'm average. I'm willing to pay if the return is ok.

It's all supply and demand. Path of least resistance on Bumble is to pay for the plan that lets you see who matched you before you match them. Then filter off of there. Much less time-consuming that way as most right-swipes will rarely ever match for the average guy.

POF seems to be infested with bots, even in DC.

At this point, I'm not gonna use it anymore.

G

Similar to OKC, POF was quite shitty around 2013-2015. I can't imagine the dismal landscape today.

Tinder and Bumble have sucked the last year and half, and Hinge has gone downhill since late 2018. Will be interesting to see what becomes the new hot app.

Quote: (04-02-2019 04:09 PM)Player_1337 Wrote:  

Similar to OKC, POF was quite shitty around 2013-2015. I can't imagine the dismal landscape today.

Tinder and Bumble have sucked the last year and half, and Hinge has gone downhill since late 2018. Will be interesting to see what becomes the new hot app.

I'm surprised that at this point people are using apps that you have to pay to use, or get approved via an application process. That may be the future of dating apps...

I just installed the app. I didn’t even put pics and there was dozens of fake profiles “wanting to meet me”. Of course, you have to pay to see them.

The biggest issue with all dating apps is unbalanced ratios aka sausage fests, one way to balance it out is for apps to start charging guys $50-200 a month, hopefully this would eliminate Chads who live in mum's basement but slay disproportionately high number of women.
Another issue is that Chads never remove themselves from the market, they have no reason to delete an app once they found someone, in fact most popular men have no reason to commit to one girl when new ones keep on coming.

POF was always a horror shitshow but there was a time when it was marginally better than it is now. That was between 2011 and 2015. I had my best year in 2013 where I slayed 20 POF chicks in what I refer to now as the year of degeneracy.

Some memories include banging a 21 year old on Friday night and a damn sexy 50 year old the next night (ah, variety!), banging a cop in the back seat of my car, and taking a trip to Scotland to spend the weekend with an inexperienced blonde MILF who was so tight I could barely get it in. Taking chicks to a hotel room within one hour of meeting them. Those were the days.The quality was pretty good. I kick myself now at the number of girls who I flaked on purely because of time issues; I could only dream of pulling girls like that now on POF.

The site has a reputation. A bad one. No girl with a modicum of self-respect will be on there, hence why it's now the domain of retarded whales with four kids.

Quote: (04-01-2019 05:33 PM)Alpone Wrote:  

I urge all of you to join me, and together we can end this Tinder Tyranny and bring online dating back to a more sane state.

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Quote: (04-01-2019 05:33 PM)Alpone Wrote:  

We all know Plenty of Fish is a dying shitshow filled with hambeasts, functionally retarded single moms and literal p2p thots. But Tinder has its own set of problems which have been discussed at length. Even up until 2013, you could get some quality girls on POF without algorithms cockblocking you, and the profile space also left some room for creativity and irreverent humor.

Tinder is women's turf. It's made for short attention spans, attention whoring and maximum hypergamy. POF, in its prime, was a fairly level playing field where a mid-level dude could match with his SMV equal or even a bit higher. A high SMV dude (like most of us - I'm a hard 8.5) could absolutely clean up. I believe POF is still algorithm-free. It just needs a better class of people. That's where we come in.

What if we deprive Tinder of our high SMV presence and all migrate to POF? My theory is that if a critical mass of forum readers migrate, it will create a man-deficit on Tinder and women will notice this. They will start talking in their secret womyn-clubs and realize the action is now on POF. This will eventually lead to an increase in quality women on the site, and when this happens they will be playing by our rules - on our turf.

And that's when we bang them. And POF will make it happen.

I believe this plan is so fool proof that I'm creating my POF profile tonight and deleting Tinder off my phone. I urge all of you to join me, and together we can end this Tinder Tyranny and bring online dating back to a more sane state.

POF has an age limit where if you are over 25 you can't see the profiles of 18 year olds though.

I also find it hilarious how OP thinks the forum has enough people to cause a dent on tinder's userbase and how he suggests moving to one of the worst dating sites in existence.