rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best cities in Latin America for medium to long term stays

Hey all,

I'm currently doing research for what will probably be about a year of travels in Latin America. Thing is, I don't want to be moving around a lot during this time but prefer to find 1-3 places that best fit my criteria and stay in them for 2-6 months at a time. Reason behind this is because I want to be efficient with my time and get good diet/exercise/work routines going in the places I settle in. I also want to put the time in to create friendships and a social circle.

I've been to Central and South America before but that was ten years ago so my impressions are probably pretty outdated. I would be very curious to hear what those with more up-to-date knowledge on some of these LATAM cities think. I'm interested in highly live able cities with enough of a population to keep things interesting for a few months at least.

My criteria, listed in order of importance, are: live-ability + quality of life, affordability, hotness and receptiveness of local girls, good public transport (though I would consider buying or renting a motorcycle if the place is great in other aspects), access to high quality organic food (especially meat), presence of good boxing/MMA gyms, and lastly, the ability to easily escape the city and get into some good nature on the weekends. Relatively easy access to surfing is also a plus but not the focus of the trip and not a deal breaker.

About me: I'm 6'2" with light brown hair, green-eyed, and heavily tattooed. I'm in my early thirties but I look like I'm in my late twenties. I speak conversational Spanish (looking to really improve it on this trip). As far as game goes I prefer day game with the occasional night bar game but I prefer not to step foot inside a club unless absolutely necessary. I prefer 1 on 1 situations to group settings. As for my preference for women goes, as Kanye West put it, "I like all type girls" (thought I to tend to prefer them on the thicker side).

The cities I'm considering so far (in order of promise) include: Guadalajara MX, Medellin CO, Cordoba AR, Cali CO, Buenos Aires AR, Acapulco MX, Puerto Vallarta MX, Mazatlan MX, Bucaramanga CO, Merida MX, Bogota CO, Rosario AR, Leon Nicaragua, and Santiago de los Caballeros DR.

Purposefully left out Lima, Peru because I spent a few weeks there my last big trip and was not impressed with the women (don't care how receptive they are if they're short and ugly).

Which of these cities do you guys reckon offers the best bang for buck in terms of quality of life? Any you'd rule out? Add? Why?

If anyone has boxing/MMA gym recommendations for any of these places I'd be keen to hear them. Also, if any members living in any of these cities chime in and want to meet up if/when I'm there let me know!

Cheers

If you're a worldwide PUA artist/international playboy with top-tier game, train MMA, built like a brick shit house, good looking, and with an average to big penis and a very, very good jaw line, and are alpha as fuck, come hang in Medellin.

But you gotta meet all of the above requirements.

Quote: (01-28-2019 08:53 PM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

If you're a worldwide PUA artist/international playboy with top-tier game, train MMA, built like a brick shit house, good looking, and with an average to big penis and a very, very good jaw line, and are alpha as fuck, come hang in Medellin.

Medellin it is!

Why not Brazil?

"If you're gonna raise a ruckus, one word of advice: if you're gonna do wrong, buddy, do wrong right."

Quote: (01-28-2019 08:53 PM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

Don't forget the maple syrup though!

Quote: (01-28-2019 11:16 PM)Buddydowrongright2 Wrote:  

Why not Brazil?

Because I'm trying to take my Spanish from conversational to fluent, not become conversational in Portuguese.

Quote: (01-28-2019 08:35 PM)tatted-mormon Wrote:  

Hey all,

I'm currently doing research for what will probably be about a year of travels in Latin America. Thing is, I don't want to be moving around a lot during this time but prefer to find 1-3 places that best fit my criteria and stay in them for 2-6 months at a time. Reason behind this is because I want to be efficient with my time and get good diet/exercise/work routines going in the places I settle in. I also want to put the time in to create friendships and a social circle.

I've been to Central and South America before but that was ten years ago so my impressions are probably pretty outdated. I would be very curious to hear what those with more up-to-date knowledge on some of these LATAM cities think. I'm interested in highly live able cities with enough of a population to keep things interesting for a few months at least.

My criteria, listed in order of importance, are: live-ability + quality of life, affordability, hotness and receptiveness of local girls, good public transport (though I would consider buying or renting a motorcycle if the place is great in other aspects), access to high quality organic food (especially meat), presence of good boxing/MMA gyms, and lastly, the ability to easily escape the city and get into some good nature on the weekends. Relatively easy access to surfing is also a plus but not the focus of the trip and not a deal breaker.

About me: I'm 6'2" with light brown hair, green-eyed, and heavily tattooed. I'm in my early thirties but I look like I'm in my late twenties. I speak conversational Spanish (looking to really improve it on this trip). As far as game goes I prefer day game with the occasional night bar game but I prefer not to step foot inside a club unless absolutely necessary. I prefer 1 on 1 situations to group settings. As for my preference for women goes, as Kanye West put it, "I like all type girls" (thought I to tend to prefer them on the thicker side).

The cities I'm considering so far (in order of promise) include: Guadalajara MX, Medellin CO, Cordoba AR, Cali CO, Buenos Aires AR, Acapulco MX, Puerto Vallarta MX, Mazatlan MX, Bucaramanga CO, Merida MX, Bogota CO, Rosario AR, Leon Nicaragua, and Santiago de los Caballeros DR.

Purposefully left out Lima, Peru because I spent a few weeks there my last big trip and was not impressed with the women (don't care how receptive they are if they're short and ugly).

Which of these cities do you guys reckon offers the best bang for buck in terms of quality of life? Any you'd rule out? Add? Why?

If anyone has boxing/MMA gym recommendations for any of these places I'd be keen to hear them. Also, if any members living in any of these cities chime in and want to meet up if/when I'm there let me know!

Cheers

I felt like I was reading about myself, LOL. We're like spirit brothers.

1) Yes, Medellín. It's a cliche by this point, but you'll be happy there after a period of adjustment. I too went there to improve my Spanish and date the most beautiful women in the world. I did both. Beautiful new metro, decent buses, affordable taxis. And the city is surrounded by green mountainous terrain, which is good for biking and hiking.

2) Don't sleep on Bogota. It's a much bigger metropolis, and the people are more sophisticated. But many on this forum have lived there and been happy. The Spanish is a little clearer, more "peninsular" (referring to the Spanish peninsula) than almost anywhere in LatAm.

3) León, Nicaragua is pretty nice to visit - I was there last year for two days. To live, though, would be more difficult, b/c of the intense heat and the overall lack of modern infrastructure. There are fewer attractive women. The country is also experiencing very bad political revolts around Granada, to the point where tourists had to be helicoptered off the coasts to get back to the airport.

4) Buenos Aires, Argentina is probably my favorite city in the world. It's sprawling, so you won't be able to escape it easily, and the surrounding land is flat farmland anyways. The women are significantly bitchier (though beautiful). However, it has everything else you're looking for. The accent will be harder to decipher than in Colombia, and they use more slang that is only to that city.

The other places I can't speak to. Overall I'd recommend maybe 3 months in Medellin, then 3 months in Buenos Aires/Cordoba, then back to Colombia for 3 more months in Bogota/Medellin. That would be my dream trip.

One more city to consider: Santiago, Chile. It's got everything you listed and is all kinds of modern, to the point where Chile is called the "England of South America" for its organization. The only drawback is affordability; it's basically the same price as the US. And the accent is awful. If you go, save it for last, but it is the springboard for all kinds of amazing nature in the south. Chilean Patagonia is not to be missed, particularly the Aysên region.

Hope this helps.

In terms of long-term safety, Buenos Aires, Cordoba and any 2nd/3rd tier city in Argentina would be the ideal option.

How to fuck Argentine girls in Argentina? Very difficult but I heard it requires social circle game, which can happen with a long-term visit.

Quote: (01-29-2019 10:15 AM)Luka Wrote:  

In terms of long-term safety, Buenos Aires, Cordoba and any 2nd/3rd tier city in Argentina would be the ideal option.

How to fuck Argentine girls in Argentina? Very difficult but I heard it requires social circle game, which can happen with a long-term visit.

You catch Argentine girls when they vacation in Uruguay most years. Not so much this year because Argentines are less capable of affording Uruguay, but generally you find Argentinas Between mid January through March on the east coast of Uruguay.

While there is a falta de Argentinas, the Brasileras are out in force.

Quote: (01-29-2019 09:47 AM)Savonarola Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2019 08:35 PM)tatted-mormon Wrote:  

Hey all,

Cheers

I felt like I was reading about myself, LOL. We're like spirit brothers.

1) Yes, Medellín. It's a cliche by this point, but you'll be happy there after a period of adjustment. I too went there to improve my Spanish and date the most beautiful women in the world. I did both. Beautiful new metro, decent buses, affordable taxis. And the city is surrounded by green mountainous terrain, which is good for biking and hiking.

2) Don't sleep on Bogota. It's a much bigger metropolis, and the people are more sophisticated. But many on this forum have lived there and been happy. The Spanish is a little clearer, more "peninsular" (referring to the Spanish peninsula) than almost anywhere in LatAm.

3) León, Nicaragua is pretty nice to visit - I was there last year for two days. To live, though, would be more difficult, b/c of the intense heat and the overall lack of modern infrastructure. There are fewer attractive women. The country is also experiencing very bad political revolts around Granada, to the point where tourists had to be helicoptered off the coasts to get back to the airport.

4) Buenos Aires, Argentina is probably my favorite city in the world. It's sprawling, so you won't be able to escape it easily, and the surrounding land is flat farmland anyways. The women are significantly bitchier (though beautiful). However, it has everything else you're looking for. The accent will be harder to decipher than in Colombia, and they use more slang that is only to that city.

The other places I can't speak to. Overall I'd recommend maybe 3 months in Medellin, then 3 months in Buenos Aires/Cordoba, then back to Colombia for 3 more months in Bogota/Medellin. That would be my dream trip.

One more city to consider: Santiago, Chile. It's got everything you listed and is all kinds of modern, to the point where Chile is called the "England of South America" for its organization. The only drawback is affordability; it's basically the same price as the US. And the accent is awful. If you go, save it for last, but it is the springboard for all kinds of amazing nature in the south. Chilean Patagonia is not to be missed, particularly the Aysên region.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I think Medellin best fits my criteria. Downsides seem to be it was already played out a decade ago and I don't want to be lumped in with the sex tourists but hopefully I can mitigate that by staying longer and establishing a social circle.

Bogota is not crossed off the list yet, but I think I would prefer the smaller size of Medellin that makes getting around the city a little more manageable. There's a reason Mexico City isn't on my list, because while it ticks a lot of the boxes, I find it to be too big and spread out. Same reason I'm leaning more towards Cordoba or another 2nd tier Argentinian city rather than BA.

Chile has the kind of climate and nature I prefer with surfing to boot but it's just expensive for me at this point. The idea is to use geo-arbitrage to get a similar standard of living as I'm accustomed to here in the US for less money.

I have yet to do in-depth research on Medellin, and I know there is a ton of info elsewhere on the forum, but which neighborhood would you recommend I look for an apartment in? As someone who lived there do you have any general tips on how to procure an apartment or just tips in general on living there?

Quote: (01-30-2019 10:35 AM)tatted-mormon Wrote:  

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I think Medellin best fits my criteria. Downsides seem to be it was already played out a decade ago and I don't want to be lumped in with the sex tourists but hopefully I can mitigate that by staying longer and establishing a social circle.

Bogota is not crossed off the list yet, but I think I would prefer the smaller size of Medellin that makes getting around the city a little more manageable. There's a reason Mexico City isn't on my list, because while it ticks a lot of the boxes, I find it to be too big and spread out. Same reason I'm leaning more towards Cordoba or another 2nd tier Argentinian city rather than BA.

Chile has the kind of climate and nature I prefer with surfing to boot but it's just expensive for me at this point. The idea is to use geo-arbitrage to get a similar standard of living as I'm accustomed to here in the US for less money.

I have yet to do in-depth research on Medellin, and I know there is a ton of info elsewhere on the forum, but which neighborhood would you recommend I look for an apartment in? As someone who lived there do you have any general tips on how to procure an apartment or just tips in general on living there?

One way to avoid getting lumped in with the Medellin sex tourists is to look attractive to the paisas. Then the women don't care what you are--they're using you as much as you're using them lol.

Where to stay in Medellin: I highly recommend Laureles. It's strata 5 (the scale goes up to 6) and it feels pretty local. You've got everything you could want in walking distance. I loved it. The only other really good place to live is over in Poblado, about 4-5 miles away, but that's gringo central, and you won't get as authentic an experience as you will in Laureles. You can take Spanish lessons in Laureles at UPB (Universidad Pontifica Bolivariana) - lots of foreign guys, and some foreign girls, do that. I arrived at an intermediate level of Spanish, and so elected to learn on the streets and on dates with women, but friends who did the classes said they were great.

To find a place to stay in Laureles look no further than Airbnb. Many places offer monthly discounts. My advice is to stay in a room with some shared spaces with at least 2-3 other people. It'll help the feeling of isolation a lot, particularly at the beginning.

DM me if you want more tips. There's a lot on this forum too, if you look.

BTW one other place that ticks ALL your boxes: Sucre, Bolivia. Good weather, small metropolis, cheap prices, lots of outdoor activities around the city, and ridiculously affordable. Big expat population there. It's the ONLY place in Bolivia I would ever recommend to anybody for living, because the rest of the country is a hole. If you need to save money for a couple months, go there. Lots of Spanish classes available, nice cafes.

so your saying a good looking guy lean in shape dresses well, attractive 8 or above would avoid being a sex tourist in the women's eyes and more of a hook up ? of course it depends on the girl

Quote: (01-30-2019 11:47 AM)Savonarola Wrote:  

One way to avoid getting lumped in with the Medellin sex tourists is to look attractive to the paisas. Then the women don't care what you are--they're using you as much as you're using them lol.

This is pretty general, care to elaborate on what makes you "attractive to paisas" specifically? Of course, if you look more attractive than the average gringo who doesn't know game and dresses like shit you will do better.

Ultimately, we should care more about being effective than simply nobly intentioned. It is not enough to dream well: the true measure is what we achieve.

I have only been to colombia, peru and ecuador. So I can't comment on the rest of the SA countries. Colombia is a good place, good weather, good woman, and good prices. Peru and ecuador the quality of woman are awful. I would not be seen in public on a date with 98% of the woman I saw in these two countries. I dont recommend those two countries if you want to visit to game woman.

I would like to live in Argentina, cabo for a few months. I hear good things about this place, but I never visited.

So my recommendation is Colombia.

Quote: (01-30-2019 03:49 PM)SaintLaurentJake Wrote:  

Quote: (01-30-2019 11:47 AM)Savonarola Wrote:  

This is pretty general, care to elaborate on what makes you "attractive to paisas" specifically? Of course, if you look more attractive than the average gringo who doesn't know game and dresses like shit you will do better.

Yeah, that's all I was saying. If you've been there, you saw the average moron who visits from abroad doesn't care about his appearance or his language skills at all. Wears shorts, has zero Spanish, can't dance, no sensitivity to local culture. Those are labelled "sex tourists" and either avoided or exploited by paisas.

Those of us who actually offer legit attraction to women -- thru appearance and Spanish language skills and dancing -- don't get classified as a "sex tourist" even if we still are lol. It also helps not to hang out too much in Lleras. I think in three months I only went out in Lleras 3 times.

I've been to roughly half the cities on your list.

I don't know if tattoos matter at all, but I will say that you're a lot more likely to fit in with tattoos in Argentina than in Mexico. Argentina is probably the most tattooed country in Latin America. That being said one of the most tatted guys I'd seen anywhere was in Guadalajara.

Also, with green eyes and 6'2" and a good build you'll be fine literally anywhere in Latin America.

I think if you're doing 2-6 months in each place, the top 5 cities on your list are perfect. So this means

Guadalajara MX, Medellin CO, Cordoba AR, Cali CO, Buenos Aires AR

Guadalajara I will say is kind of boring so you might not spend that long there. Cordoba has some of the best looking girls in Latin America but again might get boring after a few weeks. Bs As you could easily spend three months there. Colombian cities you could also spend a few months easy, but I can't speak from direct experience.

All of Argentina and Guadalajara there weren't many thicker girls. So if you prefer thicker girls you might be better suited for Colombia, but I haven't gone myself only through stories and Colombian girls I know in the States. If you did Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina, you're going to get the best of Latin America in terms of culture, food, and girls no question.

Suerte!

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

don't underestimate panama city either another great city in latin america. Gets a mix of colombians, and venezulans that move there. good nightlife area in casco viejo and hiking trails outside of the city also one of the safest cities in latin america.

I don't think women are difficult anywhere south of the border, unless you're some really messed up person. To me the woman factor would be irrelevant, and I would just choose a culture that I found interesting. But, I digress I could see a month in Asuncion Paraguay being interesting. I crossed the border from Brazil after going to Iguazu and took the bus from Cituad Del Este to Ascuncion. I asked the girl sitting in front if I was on the right bus. That look in her eyes I will never forget. You will come across no foreigners, will have a unique factor, and the city was dirt cheap. Trashy but cheap. If your main goal is women or having a low cost of living, I can see this being an option, but it's no where near on a cultural level to a place like Buenos Aires.

Avoid Medellin if your Spanish is not on point.

All the gringos I have seen around with no spanish skills are always hanging out with hot prepagos or ugly girls that no decent local would like to be seen with.

As someone said you need to blend with the locals and if you dont speak fluent Spanish and are here only for a short period of time you will be labelled as a sex tourist or someone that can be taken advantage of since you are just passing by.

I speak the language, have a good cover up story on being here long term, I am not American and I still get tested a lot from girls that wants to understand if im just another foreigner stopping by a few months only to bang girls. The higher the quality of the girl and the more you gona be tested as they have a lot of decent locals chasing them, so you really have to bring something to the table.

Even though its a big city a lot of people know each other, especially if you are going to hang out in the upper class places like Provenza, Palmas etc. you gona bump into the same people over and over. And those girls dont want to be seen by their friends with a stinky gringo that is in the city for a couple of months. Reputation its really important in those estratos.

I have recently got close to a girl from my gym, not banging her, and when she invites me to parties or hang out with her friends I can notice that girls trust me a lot more since my friend is kind of vouching for me. You just get another reception when people see that you are here long term and have paisas friends.

If you want to go for the lower class girls the above is probably not important as you will be seen more as an opportunity to escape poverty (at least for a couple of weeks at least). Be aware that quality is gona definitely be lower and you increase risk of something bad happening, being played etc. Tinder and daygame outside Poblado/Envigado would be your best bet then.

I dont want to discourage you from visiting the place since its a great city but I see a lot of posts from people in this forum, especially new guys, that are overoptimistic about the reality on the ground.

Quote: (01-30-2019 10:10 PM)wellrockthecity Wrote:  

All the gringos I have seen around with no spanish skills are always hanging out with hot prepagos or ugly girls that no decent local would like to be seen with.

As someone said you need to blend with the locals and if you dont speak fluent Spanish and are here only for a short period of time you will be labelled as a sex tourist or someone that can be taken advantage of since you are just passing by.

I speak the language, have a good cover up story on being here long term, I am not American and I still get tested a lot from girls that wants to understand if im just another foreigner stopping by a few months only to bang girls. The higher the quality of the girl and the more you gona be tested as they have a lot of decent locals chasing them, so you really have to bring something to the table.

Even though its a big city a lot of people know each other, especially if you are going to hang out in the upper class places like Provenza, Palmas etc. you gona bump into the same people over and over. And those girls dont want to be seen by their friends with a stinky gringo that is in the city for a couple of months. Reputation its really important in those estratos.

I have recently got close to a girl from my gym, not banging her, and when she invites me to parties or hang out with her friends I can notice that girls trust me a lot more since my friend is kind of vouching for me. You just get another reception when people see that you are here long term and have paisas friends.

If you want to go for the lower class girls the above is probably not important as you will be seen more as an opportunity to escape poverty (at least for a couple of weeks at least). Be aware that quality is gona definitely be lower and you increase risk of something bad happening, being played etc. Tinder and daygame outside Poblado/Envigado would be your best bet then.

I dont want to discourage you from visiting the place since its a great city but I see a lot of posts from people in this forum, especially new guys, that are overoptimistic about the reality on the ground.

I'm aware of most of this, but thanks for re-iterating. My Spanish is intermediate--meaning I'm fully conversational and can even occasionally make jokes in the language--but I definitely feel my limitations with the language, hence why I want to immerse myself somewhere Spanish speaking and improve on it.

I'm not moving to LATAM with the sole purpose of racking up a high notch count. I'd prefer to get into one or a few mini-relationships in each place with the right girls, though I realize this will probably entail a lot of 'weeding' through many women to get to the right ones.

I understand Medellin is not easy and in many ways played out a decade ago but I think it'll still work for me because girls are not my first priority with this trip. I'm more interested in a with optimal logistics where I can immerse myself in the Spanish language and learn salsa for cheaper than I could in the states.

If I do end up going with Medellin I have no illusion that it will be easy. Nothing good ever is [Image: wink.gif].

Quote: (01-30-2019 10:08 PM)ben123 Wrote:  

I don't think women are difficult anywhere south of the border, unless you're some really messed up person. To me the woman factor would be irrelevant, and I would just choose a culture that I found interesting. But, I digress I could see a month in Asuncion Paraguay being interesting. I crossed the border from Brazil after going to Iguazu and took the bus from Cituad Del Este to Ascuncion. I asked the girl sitting in front if I was on the right bus. That look in her eyes I will never forget. You will come across no foreigners, will have a unique factor, and the city was dirt cheap. Trashy but cheap. If your main goal is women or having a low cost of living, I can see this being an option, but it's no where near on a cultural level to a place like Buenos Aires.
I've always been intrigued by Asuncion, Paraguay. It seems to be the most off-the-beaten track capital city of entire South America (leaving aside Suriname/Guyana/French Guyana). Sounds a little like the tourist-free Industrial cities of Eastern Ukraine (Kriwoy Rog, Saporischja), only minus the Turkish sex tourists plus the hotness of Latinas. Would definitely visit if I'd be located in the US and going around South America but from Europe it's a long shot. There allegedly seems to be a certain and not even that small part of population in Paraguay descending from Germans, Germans that left Germany after World War II finished and that were either pro-Nazi and/or high ranking Nazi characters and didn't see a future for them and their families in the new order in Europe after 1945. Might be interesting to meet a girl descending from a family like that, probably still growing up very traditional and anti-progressive.

The entire history of Paraguay is too interesting, including the Stroessner years, the Chaco war and that during the Paraguayan War the country allegedly lost 70% of its male population so probably every guy that was not a kid anymore and not an old man yet. I wonder who got the girls pregnant after these years, probably very few guys could choose from a lot of single girls after that war, more than after any war in history even more than in Germany where some years of male birth were almost completely killed off in WWII (these were mainly the years of guys who were just turning old enough to be drafted when things went to shit at the Eastern front 1944/45).

Come to think of it, this is probably the weirdest country in South America and that fact alone makes it super interesting for me. Doesn't seem to be a hotspot for NGOs, hippie travelers or backpackers either so should be completely free of feminism and feminists too.

Quote: (02-01-2019 06:10 PM)goldenhinde Wrote:  

I've always been intrigued by Asuncion, Paraguay. It seems to be the most off-the-beaten track capital city of entire South America (leaving aside Suriname/Guyana/French Guyana). Sounds a little like the tourist-free Industrial cities of Eastern Ukraine (Kriwoy Rog, Saporischja), only minus the Turkish sex tourists plus the hotness of Latinas. Would definitely visit if I'd be located in the US and going around South America but from Europe it's a long shot. There allegedly seems to be a certain and not even that small part of population in Paraguay descending from Germans, Germans that left Germany after World War II finished and that were either pro-Nazi and/or high ranking Nazi characters and didn't see a future for them and their families in the new order in Europe after 1945. Might be interesting to meet a girl descending from a family like that, probably still growing up very traditional and anti-progressive.

The entire history of Paraguay is too interesting, including the Stroessner years, the Chaco war and that during the Paraguayan War the country allegedly lost 70% of its male population so probably every guy that was not a kid anymore and not an old man yet. I wonder who got the girls pregnant after these years, probably very few guys could choose from a lot of single girls after that war, more than after any war in history even more than in Germany where some years of male birth were almost completely killed off in WWII (these were mainly the years of guys who were just turning old enough to be drafted when things went to shit at the Eastern front 1944/45).

Come to think of it, this is probably the weirdest country in South America and that fact alone makes it super interesting for me. Doesn't seem to be a hotspot for NGOs, hippie travelers or backpackers either so should be completely free of feminism and feminists too.

I've been to both Guyana and Suriname. Both interesting countries, I went there purely out of interest for the culture. I can't recall the book I read but it was about a guy who spent a couple months in Guyana, Suriname, and French Guinea. I never went to the French part but my friend has, left after 2 days said he hated it and it was super expensive. I never travel for girls, but can tell you those aren't places for that.. In the future who knows Guyana is expected to become a mini Dubai due to the oil they've found.

Regarding Paraguay, you actually can find alot of German restaurants in the capital but all the employees will be Paraguayan. Alot of the Germans are quite religious and live in the more agricultural regions of Paraguay, I saw a few at the airport but in Asuncion I think the majority of people are mixed. Most of the people in Paraguay were nice but had that third world trashy vibe to them. I went with a guy I met to a restaurant in city center which looked presentable and they served us a pre-packaged sandwich. Think a 2go sandwich from 7-11 in plastic. I don't think I'll return, the country from a nature and cultural standpoint is much uglier than the surrounding countries. It is dirt cheap though, I paid 50 cents for barbq from some food stand in the evening, came with some chicken sweet potato and corn or something. Oh and regarding your question, it was mainly Brazilian soldiers and settlers from Brazil (cattle ranchers) who fathered the next generation after the war. I read a book about Paraguay a few years back.

Quote: (02-01-2019 06:10 PM)goldenhinde Wrote:  

I used to have a game where in South America I always asked everyone I met, esp backpackers, if they'd ever been to Paraguay. Literally not one person ever said yes.

Then I found out my distant aunt spent a year there as a volunteer decades ago. I asked her what it was like, and she said poor. She also said she never learned Spanish because the indigenous languages were more popularly spoken.

Quote: (02-01-2019 08:09 PM)Savonarola Wrote:  

I used to have a game where in South America I always asked everyone I met, esp backpackers, if they'd ever been to Paraguay. Literally not one person ever said yes.

Then I found out my distant aunt spent a year there as a volunteer decades ago. I asked her what it was like, and she said poor. She also said she never learned Spanish because the indigenous languages were more popularly spoken.

A lot of Uruguayas talk about Paraguay in a way that frames it as analagous to the US-Cancun relationship, cheaper and lawless place where they get to have their fun. Except similar properties in Paraguay have higher advertised price tags than Uruguay because no one builds anything in Paraguay as opposed to few build anything in Uruguay atm.

Here in Uruguay, para-rotary guay is the one nationality I see least frequently. Triple pregnant Dominicas walk 18 de Julio and where are the descendants of Lopez? Sure Paraguay wins the marijuana growing Olympics by dry weight, but I'll keep writing themselves off until the stop dumping phosphorus on my beaches.

Quote: (01-30-2019 10:10 PM)wellrockthecity Wrote:  

I'm currently in Medellin and have met some RVF guys. Wellrockthecity is the only one I've seen so far pulling quality. At least 3 out of 4 guys rely on Tinder.

I myself get numbers from good girls, but in most cases it does lead nowhere. Staying here and having a social circle would make Medellin a total different place. More so than in other Latin American cities.