rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

gay bars a good place to pickup chicks or not

I came across this post on fb. Bottom line: Gay bars, possibly a good place to pickup girls, because they go there to avoid annoying guys at straight bars, so their bitch shield is down, and there are lots of girls, and no competition, etc. Or at days end, in their mind, you're the creep who went to a gay bar to pick them up. I guess if you do go you'd have to be very subtle in your approach yet also be very clear that you're straight...

Here's a link to the post. I also copy/pasted it below.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/paz/5-rea...2908049777

5 Reasons Straight Guys Should Go To Gay Bars
by Paz on Friday, October 7, 2011 at 12:26pm

Sunday afternoon, I get a text from my buddy Ken.

“meet us @ abbey for drnks.”

I ask my roommate what the Abbey is. He goes, “What, the gay bar?”

It turns out I’m not into dudes. So the Abbey seems like an odd place to spend a Sunday. But I decide I might as well meet Ken and his girlfriend for a drink or two.

Lo and behold, I had a great time. My conclusion is more straight guys should go to gay bars. Here’s why:

1. There are hot girls there

This is hands down the best kept secret about gay bars. It never even occured to me straight girls would go to them. And not only do they go, they go in PACKS. If this fact were featured more prominently in the straight guy handbook, I would have visited The Toolbox a long time ago… ok, maybe not The Toolbox, and probably not The Mine Shaft, but you get the idea.

If a guy wearing angel wings in a bar doesn't bother you, then the cute girl in the slinky white dress to his left would love to meet you

2. Your competition is GAY

Is there a cute girl standing next to you? Yes. Do any of the 12 dudes surrounding her care? No. Unlike the ravenous, bloodthirsty predators in Affliction shirts you have to jock with at any standard club, you’ll find you have no competition in a gay bar. Start thinking about gay bars like straight bars full of girls, only there are a bunch you don’t want to go home with.

3. Girls’ defense mechanisms are temporarily deactivated

As a girl walks into a typical club, she mentally prepares to be hit on by everything with a penis. Much like the Starship Enterprise, she readies herself for attack: shields up, phasers set to bitch. Hence, girls who are ordinarily easy to talk to may suddenly become unapproachable brats. But in a gay bar, girls have no expectation of harassment — they are relaxed, approachable, and generally happy to meet you. Go to Colony on a Friday and see if you can say the same.

Pro Tip: Forget the rules. In a gay bar, approaching a girl sitting at another guy's table is absolutely permissible. In fact, the guys may actually HELP YOU meet their girlfriend

4. Gay dudes know you’re not gay

I have a few friends whose chief objection to a gay bar would be: “I don’t want gay dudes hitting on me.” This is dumb. And after being in a gay bar 20 minutes, you’ll find out why. Apparently, it takes the average gay guy exactly 4.3 seconds to determine you’re not a target. Maybe your jeans aren’t skinny enough, maybe your hair isn’t moussed enough — whatever it is, they know semi-instantly. And they’re cool with that. But even if a gay guy should happen to throw some game at you, it ain't gonna kill ya, super-hetero dude. So be flattered, and thank him for the raspberry mojito.

5. Gay guys are outstanding wingmen

Once a gay guy realizes you’re not gay (4.3 seconds after meeting you), he and his friends can become your greatest allies. Some may even play matchmaker, grabbing nearby girls, introducing them, talking you up — pretty much everything but arranging a dowry. And in some countries, they’ll probably do that too.

The problem with gay bars is there tend to be a lot of gay cock blockers and gay white knights (girls tend to go there with at least one gay friend who will often screw you over). Damn that sentence was just full of gay... anyway, you get my point. I've had very little success with them but I wouldn't put it past a guy to make it work...

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I was in one a week ago that was flooded with fine women dancing but was with a date(female). I may go back there tonight. I would say it depends on the bar. this one has the only dance floor in the town. I tried to take video of it to show you guys...it was that good.

Atleast in my town. The number of straight chicks on a given night was very low. Maybe 5-10?

I find the straight girls there to be really open and friendly.

I def prefer reg clubs/bars on most nights but I like to switch it up every now and again and see what I can find in a gay club.

I've tried this a few times in places like Manchester and Paris on weeknights when everywhere else is closed.In my experience the girls are very bitchy and not open to being approached.As the guys above said,some very fine women are about but I think you would have to have some gay friends to have a shot with the these women.Too much work in my opinion.

Quote: (10-08-2011 03:22 AM)Magnum Wrote:  

I've tried this a few times in places like Manchester and Paris on weeknights when everywhere else is closed.In my experience the girls are very bitchy and not open to being approached.As the guys above said,some very fine women are about but I think you would have to have some gay friends to have a shot with the these women.Too much work in my opinion.

Funny you should say that Magnum. I've tried it a few times in Manchester, there are definitely some fine ass women about, but as you said, a lot of them hang around in groups and aren't as open to being approached.

There are exceptions to the rule, and the old adage that it's easier to hit on girls in gay bars is sometimes true...but a lot of them are out to have a good time with their gay friends and not in the frame of mind to meet a guy.

I even rejected a girl that tried to grind up on me one time and her dyke friend tried to fight me ha ha! So later I went outside for a cigarette and she was like 'It's a good job I'm on parole else I would smash your face into that window.' Ha ha - good one considering I was more than twice her size and she tried to spit at me, all because I rejected her fat ugly friend. Fat, ugly, aggressive, entitled dykes - welcome to the UK my friends!

Ha ha,yeah dk I know the type.

I think they know what we're there for...I'm an Aussie sportsman type guy so I may as well have had a sign on me that read "Im straight but I'm here to crash your party and try to fcuk your women" lol

The really hot girls were ice cold..I dont think I was the first straight guy to try this shit.

You HAVE to go with gay friends, if not you're going to look like a creepster. You need to demonstrate a legitimate reason for being there other than to pick up snatch.

If you show up with a few "members of the community" and appear to be having a good time, everyone there will be much friendlier to you, both the straight girls and the other gays.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

Quote: (10-08-2011 07:25 AM)Prowl Wrote:  

You HAVE to go with gay friends, if not you're going to look like a creepster. You need to demonstrate a legitimate reason for being there other than to pick up snatch.
Thats bologna. I've gone there solo quite a few times or with my best friend prowling, even telling the girls when they ask me why i'm there if i'm straight and no one gave a shit lol. Hell, some actually agreed that it was good strategy. Hell, some of those same girls i made out with. The biggest challenge of a gay club is logistics. Alot of them come together and leave together. Don't forgot the potential gay white knights. I don't experience it much but my best friend did alot but its prolly cause he always tried to grind girls from behind lol.

Quote:Quote:

If you show up with a few "members of the community" and appear to be having a good time, everyone there will be much friendlier to you, both the straight girls and the other gays.
They're friendly regardless of what you do, as long as you not an asshat. Stop worrying what others around you think. Do whatever you please. If two or three people find it creepy, gonna let that stop you from getting your balls licked that night? [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (10-07-2011 05:10 PM)evanb Wrote:  

I've heard that some gay guys see straight guys as gay virgins.

I was at an Irish Pub one time and got felt up by an older gay dude. I was at the bar talking to two girls I know and he comes up from behind me grabs me around my biceps, feels up my arms and says "How are you tonight?" I think he smelled my hair too.

I'm confident in my sexuality so I didn't act out like a psycho like most of my other guy friends would have. I'm just saying you may get a lot of that going on if you frequent these places. Might throw off your game.

However ...if you're confident enough and able to go with the flow and have a good time there's probably great potential to score some poon.

Team Nachos

Quote: (10-08-2011 02:02 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Gay guys dont take "I'm straight" as a fact, they take it as a challenge

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (10-08-2011 10:42 AM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

Words

^^
That is all fair enough, so allow me to rephrase.

The experience will only be BETTER if you can manage to find gay friends to go with. They will give you credibility, they may know other people in the bar including staff, etc. They will also help you reel in other gay wings.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

Quote: (10-08-2011 05:42 PM)Prowl Wrote:  

Quote: (10-08-2011 10:42 AM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

Words

^^
That is all fair enough, so allow me to rephrase.

The experience will only be BETTER if you can manage to find gay friends to go with. They will give you credibility, they may know other people in the bar including staff, etc. They will also help you reel in other gay wings.
Gay Wings?

[Image: gay-wing.png]

Team Nachos

Sorry couldn't resist the opportunity...

Presenting Gaybraham Lincoln

No one here discusses the downsides. Chick may think you're bi, or you have to deal with a lot of gay guys hitting on you.

I've never been to a gay bar, but maybe that's because I kind of get creeped out at being lustily ogled by gay guys.

Lots of armchair speculation in this thread.

There are serious hardcore hook-up gay bars. You know, leather-cad clientele and shizz. These aren't the bars you go to to find chicks.

You want the more "normal" bars/clubs that dip to just the other side of the gay spectrum. The kind of places where hot girls will go, but the Abercrombie and Ed Hardy crowds avoid. In fact, many gay bars will have a more "hetero" mix of people than some trendy lounge in the arts district.

You don't need to go with gay people. No one's going to check your gay credentials. In fact, gay men, are just that. Gay. They're beyond omega. If one so much as attempts to question you or make a play on you, a stern look or a firm "no" is all you need. (Your bitch shield.)

I've hooked up with women at these places that have gone out alone, to dance and "blow off steam." Why are they there alone? Because they feel safe in the environment, which is one of the biggest advantages to work in your favor. Also, bachelorette parties provide ample opportunities, sans the usual group guarding mentality they usually have. And they get really, really drunk. Or, you'll meet normal "cool" chicks that just don't dig on the regular bar/club scenes.

(double post)

Gay bars are a great place to take a first date!!!

No guy will hit on your girl so you have ZERO competition, and rather, all (straight) girls there will want to meet you after they see your date hitting on you and you are at a gay bar...The only thing your date will see is how awesome you are!

I've visited gay bars for many years to take first dates, and nope, gay guys do not hit on me. They know you are not gay in exactly 4.3 seconds (or less). They are actually very respectful to you (so long as you are) and appreciate being "accepted" by straight men.

** Pro Tip: ALWAYS GO TO A GAY BAR WITH A FEMALE WING (she can be bi or straight). It makes you look that much cooler in all the eyes of the women already there.

** NEVER GO TO A GAY BAR WITH A PACK OF YOUR STRAIGHT MALE FRIENDS READY TO HARASS WOMEN THERE!!! YOU WILL BE THROWN OUT!!

Now, if only lesbian/BI bars woud be cool to allow straight men in just like gay bars allow straight girls in!! [Image: dodgy.gif]

Mixx

I could see this working, especially if they have a drag show or something (a reason for your being there despite not liking cock).

When I was underage I spent a lot of time drinking in a gay bar, as the owners happily served the under-21 crowd. Being as it was two blocks from the campus of a University with 32,000 students, hot straight chicks showed up in droves. Very easy to pull, especially as I had the use of a friend's apartment three doors down. Bitch shields definitely dropped a fair bit.

Per MiXX's statements... Definitely a good idea to roll out with a female wingman. I didn't quite have this, but as I was friends with the female lesbian bartender, and the two owners (1 lesbian female, 1 gay male) I got treated very well, complimentary drinks, etc. Invaluable.

Also as MiXX said, not a good idea to roll in with your crew of bros.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

What about going with a dyke wingwoman?

Quote: (10-07-2011 05:14 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

The problem with gay bars is there tend to be a lot of gay cock blockers and gay white knights (girls tend to go there with at least one gay friend who will often screw you over). Damn that sentence was just full of gay... anyway, you get my point. I've had very little success with them but I wouldn't put it past a guy to make it work...

This ^ Massive downside. Friend took his girl to a gay club, some dude tried to move in on the girl and the friend spent the rest of the night messing with him by trying to dance with the guy. Hilarious, but pass.

Quote: (10-08-2011 02:47 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (10-08-2011 02:02 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Gay guys dont take "I'm straight" as a fact, they take it as a challenge

Disagree. If you say it assertive, you won't have a problem...or just put off a straight vibe.

Quote: (10-11-2011 10:09 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Now, if only lesbian/BI bars woud be cool to allow straight men in just like gay bars allow straight girls in!! [Image: dodgy.gif]

I've been to an all African American lesbian bar. Keep in mind I'm 3 shades whiter than chalk. I was literally the only white person in there, and maybe about 3 other latinos, one of which was with me (I went with 1 bisexual latina, 1 bisexual black girl, 1 black lesbian girl, and one black straight male friend). It was a pretty interesting experience to say the least. It was up in Broward and MAD ghetto. I saw a pretty fucking intense fight between a couple girls. There were both guys ad girls just pushing eachother around, and they were mostly couples. I mean just straight up dudes going up to their girls and pushing them down on the ground with all their force. These cats were straight up animals. Some HUGE black dude dogged me REAL hard for no reason at all. I was there for about an hour and a half and the place just seemed to start getting real sketchy. I got out of there. Other than the guy dogging me, no one else really gave me any shit and I'm good at keeping my cool in awkward situations. But at the same time, no one was showing me any love. Definitely wasn't the spot for a skinny white boy to be.

Guys who roll only with other straight guys (or solo) stick out like a sore thumb at gay bars. I roll with a group of straight females and gay men and it's SUPER EASY to pick up chicks at a gay bar.