rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Big fight Saturday... Any boxing fans in here? If so, who do you think will win and why?

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Mayweather vs. The Pacman is big.

not sure bout dis one......

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Floyd's got this without problems. Even though Floyd seems to struggle the most against southpaws, he still dominates them.

Ortiz's style is too orthodox imo to be any threat to Floyd. Pacquaio and Martinez are the only two are a huge threat to Floyd based on their styles and attributes.

Castillo was hell for Floyd because his rhythm coming on the inside disrupted Floyd's timing to where it threw him off with his counter punching rhythm hence why Castillo didn't have much problem getting to him. Ortiz doesn't have that same style.

Ortiz's best chance is to be very aggressive early on and to go for the body.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Quote: (09-15-2011 08:21 PM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

Floyd's got this without problems. Even though Floyd seems to struggle the most against southpaws, they still dominated him.

Ortiz's style is too orthodox imo to be any threat to Floyd. Pacquaio and Martinez are the only two are a huge threat to Floyd based on their styles and attributes.

Castillo was hell for Floyd because his rhythm coming on the inside disrupted Floyd's timing to where it threw him off with his counter punching rhythm hence why Castillo didn't have much problem getting to him. Ortiz doesn't have that same style.

You think it will go the distance? I think at best a split decision. I don't see Floyd dominating this kid, especially in the early rounds. That fight with Shane makes me think that a real hard steady puncher like Ortiz could very easily put Floyd on his ass.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Quote: (09-15-2011 08:28 PM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

Floyd's got this without problems. Even though Floyd seems to struggle the most against southpaws, they still dominated him.

You think it will go the distance? I think at best a split decision. I don't see Floyd dominating this kid, especially in the early rounds. That fight with Shane makes me think that a real hard steady puncher like Ortiz could very easily put Floyd on his ass.
I think it will go the distances, 8 rounds to 4. If Floyd's inactivity bothers his timing, this fight will be close as Floyd relies on his timing plus if Ortiz banks the early rounds by being active and managing to hit Floyd cleanly, this fight will be close. But i think Floyd will show a dominant performance because Ortiz's style is tailor made for him.

Shane was able to hurt Floyd because he hit him with almost a perfect counter shot plus it was while Floyd was still in his adjusting phase. Ortiz HAS to be aggressive against floyd in the first 4 rounds and bank rounds before he gets figured out.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Quote: (09-15-2011 08:44 PM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2011 08:28 PM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

I think it will go the distances, 8 rounds to 4. If Floyd's inactivity bothers his timing, this fight will be close as Floyd relies on his timing plus if Ortiz banks the early rounds by being active and managing to hit Floyd cleanly, this fight will be close. But i think Floyd will show a dominant performance because Ortiz's style is tailor made for him.

Shane was able to hurt Floyd because he hit him with almost a perfect counter shot plus it was while Floyd was still in his adjusting phase. Ortiz HAS to be aggressive against floyd in the first 4 rounds and bank rounds before he gets figured out.
You are right, Shane threw a perfect shot, but neglected to ,or, couldn't follow up. I think Shane's problem was that he has never been trained to fight on the inside, so for him, finishing the job from a distance was all he knew. When Ortiz fought Berto, he was effective when he stayed in close. Anything in the center of the ring and he was not only less effective, but also vulnerable. He's also quite susceptible to right hand leads which Floyd throws with pin -point accuracy .Do you think he would be able to neutralize Floyd's counter punching skills if he stayed in close and throw punches in volumes as he did against Berto? I think this might be the key to him wearing Floyd out , if there is such a thing.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

"You are right, Shane threw a perfect shot, but neglected to ,or, couldn't follow up."

Remember, he hit him with a second shot as well.

Floyd has an underrated chin. He has been tagged before and keeps on ticking.

"Do you think he would be able to neutralize Floyd's counter punching skills if he stayed in close and throw punches in volumes as he did against Berto?"

Floyd is also an underrated inside fighter.

He will put his elbow in Ortiz's eyeball when he tries that.

Floyd Mayweather Jr: Boxing Tricks of The Trade: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/07/flo...trade.html

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

I hate mayweather. I need to to hit up a bar for this one.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Mayweather favored in 1 to 6 odds.

Would it be mildly smart to put some lunch money on Ortiz, G? Or does Mayweather own this fight completely?

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Im a big boxing fan and Ortiz has nothing more than a very slight punchers chance in this fight. Ortiz doesnt have enough ring experience nor does he have the intelligence to beat Floyd.

If he tries to get aggressive with Floyd, he'll get countered the hell out of and will probably get knocked out if he even thinks that he wants to really let his hands go to try to tag Floyd. Floyd is not going to stand there and trade shots with Ortiz like a Berto. He'll let Ortiz swing a few times, move his head and catch him, back away, let him swing some more as Ortiz chases him, side step and then catch Ortiz again with maybe two hard flush shots, and then move again.

Ortiz just doesnt have enough to beat Floyd. Yea, he hits hard, so they say, but he is going to have a helluva time finding Floyd all night.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Quote: (09-15-2011 10:32 PM)raliv Wrote:  

Would it be mildly smart to put some lunch money on Ortiz, G? Or does Mayweather own this fight completely?

I haven't had time to fully analyse this fight yet.

6-1?

That doesn't sound too good. I am kind of surprised it is that close.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Quote: (09-16-2011 02:01 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2011 10:32 PM)raliv Wrote:  

I haven't had time to fully analyse this fight yet.

6-1?

That doesn't sound too good. I am kind of surprised it is that close.

Those odds don't surprise me, however, as you know, odds, change as the fight gets closer , so it wont be that close tonight. I think the edge here is that everyone wants to see the super-fight with Paquiao and Mayweather. Believe it or not, its not beyond the scope of reasoning to say that Golden Boy Productions knows this as well. Therein may lie the key to the fight.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Mayweather.

Sick KO.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

two hitter quitter.

why the hell was ortiz trying to hug mayweather?

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

[Image: 8.gif]

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Quote: (09-17-2011 11:57 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

[Image: 8.gif]

[Image: 25q57ht.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

this is why boxing is fucked. know who lost? the fans. 59.95 for that garbage? i stopped getting fooled long ago. know who won? both of them. because both can walk away and say "i didnt lose" and Mayweather is cashing a 25M or so paycheck (which will be gone in 2 years) and Ortiz is getting 2.5M which is more money then he's ever seen in his life many times over. And they will rematch, and Mayweather will get another $25M which will ultimately be spent on lawyers, accountants, car dealers, back taxes, strippers, champagne, landscapers, poolmen, alimony, child support, and making it rain until it runs dry, and Ortiz will get another $5M while you get suckered into spending 59.95 again.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

But that knockout was raw. Dude headbutted money, said sorry, and got knocked the fuck out

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

yeah, i hate Mayweather w/a passion, but Ortiz deserved what he got. that headbutt was about as dirty as it gets. in the postfight interview he tried to say something ridiculous about how Mayweathers head came at him and he was just reacting. BS. the launched his head into Mayweathers like a missile. then he apologized 3 times. do that shit and you should expect to be punched much sooner then Mayweather punched him. but who loses??? the fans.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

um im confused.

that looked like quick cheap shots.......

am i missing something?!??

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

just watched that shit. how do you call a fight on a cheap shot like that.

lol boxing is fuckin stupid. its decayed like america has.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Im not a boxing fan but if i was and paid money for that i would be PISSED!

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

You guys see the post-interview?

[Image: icon_popcorn.gif]

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Just watched that interview clip, man Larry Merchant is a straight up G, dude stood face to face with Floyd, didn't break eye contact, back down, he's 80 years old and straight told him that if he was 50 years younger he'd kick his ass!

Don't know if he actually could kick Floyd's ass unless he know Krav Maga or some shit, LOL. But yeah you got to give an old geezer G some props for not taking shit from no one.

Oh yeah, am I the only person who feels like this whole thing was staged?

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Staged? Mayweather would NEVER do anything staged...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CASXye4AZ-o#t=02m03s

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men