rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The NHL Thread

The NHL Thread

Figured my favorite sport needed some love. I'm on the Sens bandwagon.

Predictions?

The NHL Thread

Anaheim will win the cup as long as they don't have to rely on Bernier.

Pittsburgh I think is too banged up right now, they will beat Ottawa but Anaheim is so physical and you will have Kesler matched up Crosby, probably trying to give him another concussion.

Anaheim is way deeper offensively and defensively than Pittsburgh right now.

The NHL Thread

6 goals. I guess Anaheim had to rely on Bernier.

Thought Anaheim was the better team. Nashville came in to the playoffs hot and has kept it up.

Nashville for the cup, if their offence can score enough goals without R.J. Pittsburgh too banged up on D like you say Sidney.

The NHL Thread

I'm going to be a homer here and pull for my Pens. I know they've had some key injuries in the playoffs this year and Nashville was the best team coming out of the West in my opinion, but given the Pens have a good chance of winning this series vs. Ottawa I would say they have enough firepower to take the Preds in the finals.

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

The NHL Thread

I'm a Hawks fan and still pretty butthurt about them getting swept, but this might be Nashville's year. They remind me of the 2012 Kings

The NHL Thread

My team is 10 years away from even contending so I'm on the Sens bandwagon. Having said that. It'll be Pens vs Smashville for the Cup. Pens in six.

The NHL Thread

That was a series. I just hope that didn't sap the Pens' energy. It's going to be a battle for the Stanley Cup.

Let's Go Pens!

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

The NHL Thread

Favorite team is the Blue Jackets, but I'm hoping the Predators win this series, since NBC seems to be homering for the Pens.

The NHL Thread

I think a healthy Sharks team would have been the best team in the West.

The Oilers could have gone further if Eberle didn't play like a total faggot and RNH contributed offensively. They will probably be the best team in the league next year if they can trade Eberle for a 2nd pairing D man or so. This is all assuming most the young players improve and Puuljarvi can put up 50 points or so.

They are so deep at centre and they can either play McDavid and Draisaitl together and have RNH as 2C or can have them all on seperate lines.

The NHL Thread

Pens-Sens would have been over a long time ago if they had a healthy Schultz the whole series, Imagine if they had Letang as well.

Nashville can't win this series without Johansen, maybe they should call up Mike Ribiero, he's still collecting cheques right or was he bought out?

The NHL Thread

Yeah, without Johansen I think they're gonna have a real tough time. Pens are ridiculously good, all the injuries and they still get to the cup game. Sullivan is an amazing coach, they'd be insane to let him go.

Meanwhile I'll be watching Ovi in his twilight years being a fat old man only good for checking and slap-shooting one timers from the dot on the PP. As long as the caps keep feeding my Russian hockey player fetish, that's fine.

The NHL Thread

I actually think the Caps need to trade OV. They need to retool and he can probably get you two top prospects and a pick.

Let's say they lose Oshie AND Shattenkirk for nothing (upcoming UFA's) maybe they manage to trade their rights for late picks, They don't have too much else. Ok, they have Backstrom, but he's getting up there.

Holtby is a top 5 goalie though.

A team like Buffalo would have the pieces for that type of deal.

The NHL Thread

Quote: (05-26-2017 11:11 AM)Once Was Not Wrote:  

Yeah, without Johansen I think they're gonna have a real tough time. Pens are ridiculously good, all the injuries and they still get to the cup game. Sullivan is an amazing coach, they'd be insane to let him go.

Meanwhile I'll be watching Ovi in his twilight years being a fat old man only good for checking and slap-shooting one timers from the dot on the PP. As long as the caps keep feeding my Russian hockey player fetish, that's fine.

I despise Crosby and Pens fans are obnoxous as hell but Sullivan is an amazing coach. Pens will have a trouble with Nashville's speed especially from their D. Should be a great series. TigOlBitties, I hear you on the Hawks crapping out, so disappointing.

The NHL Thread

I haven't watched many Predator games but I have enjoyed them during the cup this year. I like the Pens too, but I am gonna probably go for Nashville just to see the place explode.

Oilers made a great run, but its not quite there. A nice little fire with Ebs and RNH would have tipped the scale and they would have ran through the Ducks.

Fuck I love the Stanley Cup. What a meat grinder.

The NHL Thread

Interesting game last night, Predators clearly better but Penguins still pulled it out in the end. 4 goals on 9 shots is incredible. Murray played great, and is now carrying the penguins in a second Cup final even though this is technically still his rookie season(!!). Maatta-Daley was the Pens top D pairing with a 24 mins TOI, but I think Maatta needs to be playing about 10 mins a game--he's trying to force plays instead of making the easy one and is almost guaranteed at least one turnover/shift. Guentzel's first goal since the round against Washington was huge as well. Even without Johansen, the Preds' powerplay looked great, especially Subban. Looking forward to the next few games!

The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose and it will defend itself.

The NHL Thread

Preds can't handle the Pens quick-strike ability, and Rinne has finally reverted to his play the last few years...

The NHL Thread

Pens have two generational forwards, Preds have none.

The NHL Thread

Guentzel really making a case for the Conn Smythe trophy: game winning goal in both games so far, plus 9 from the first two rounds against Columbus and Washington. I was hoping the Malkin v Subban scrap at the end of the game would be reminiscent of Lecavalier v Iginla, too bad they didn't really get to throwing though.

The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose and it will defend itself.

The NHL Thread

Nice bounce back game for the Pens. Those last two games they just came out flat and got seriously outplayed by the Preds.

The NHL Thread

Give me Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood over beady eyed Taylor Swift any day. (Game 6 national anthem)

The NHL Thread

Bring that cup back to my hometown! Let's Go Pens!

[Image: 4048572d3d60bd502874fe6435b03322.jpg]

The NHL Thread

Good game, the Predators seemed to have had it the entire time. But either team was deserving.

One irritation though was after the game. The booing and tossing of towels at players on the ice. Very low class.

The NHL Thread

Penguins should have basically the same team next year. Losing MAF's salary should give them enough space to basically re-sign everyone.

I see Nashville taking a bit of a step back. Because of the increased competition in the West.

The expansion and entry draft should be entertaining, I expect a lot of trades this year.

I wonder who will end up with Kovalchuk and I don't know how much to expect out of him at his age

The NHL Thread

Three Stanley Cups for Sidney and he's only 29.

A bad ass, personified.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

The NHL Thread

^ remember a few seasons ago when he had a slow start and everyone was like "OMG he's done, he's not an elite player anymore"

McDavid is flashier but I doubt he will ever be as complete as Crosby.

Crosby usually plays with plugs too, seems like they stick him with 3rd liners and he makes them into 30+ goal scorers. I thought trading for Hansen at the deadline would have been perfect for Crosby.