rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

East Asia, dying DHV for Westerner? You decide!

My experience in Japan has spanned ten years now. I can't believe it... I was watching the B-film, Toxic Avengers 2 (1989), when I realized the Japan of 1989 has as much in common with the Japan of 2004, as 2004 has as much in common as 2015. Granted, the Gaijin experience has been declining in Japan since the early 1990s. Old guys reminisce about earning a cool, non-inflation adjusted 80k/year in 1985, before the internet's job advertising, before Japan's bubble blew, and before American women got fat. Heck, even when I was first in Japan, guys in their late 20s talked about NOVA not being "that bad...," it having slightly higher nominal wages and even English teaching trade journals...
However, I feel Japan, and Gaijin experience there, is reaching a point, when the decreasing social life and poverty wages/workload make Japan no more attractive than other venues.

When I first came to Japan, mass-marketed ekaiwa was relatively new (maybe taking off in 1996?). Gaijin still seemed somewhat new. English teachers had more currency (both prestige and money). There was more interest in gaijin, more of a novelty. There were less J-girls getting burned by sloppy Gaijin. There was also something called "internationalism" that was a buzz word. There was a real push at all levels of society to learn and befriend foreigners, and of course, learn English. There are less ekaiwas and less Gaijin teachers in Japan. How did 'internationalism die?"

Hip Hop was new in 2004 Japan. Bob Sop was the first African American guy. There were Nigerian gangsters in Japan, but everyone stayed clear of them, no matter how much they implored they were "Frank from NYC." Kansai 2004 had a few gaijin clubs/bars per major city. Each one was chill, with dancing, talking, bar logistics. When I returned to Japan in 2007, many were bankrupt, and most of the others were Japanese Hip Hop venues, the only foreigners left the infidels-are-#####s Muslim/Hindu types. (When inquiring about this change of a few years with previous J-girls I picked up in the old venues, they shrugged, no idea what happened.)
These days, in Tokyo, I see many Japanese dying their hair, tanning, and participating in the shake-down schemes Nigerians run (e.g., entrap gaijin in bars with outrageous bills, drugging drinks, etc.). I would never have thought this would happen to large segments of Japanese youth. I feel many of the gaijin women, through resentment, are also bad mouthing gaijin guys. Since all of the Gaijin women are Caucasian, they only bash Caucasian guys. I get much more ##### shield from J-birds my African American friends do not.

Japanese culture, politeness, tradition, pride, etc., seems much less intact with the younger generation. They see that they will have a less socioeconomic future, just like us back home. They are too poor to marry with kids. Japanese men are becoming Otaku. Japanese women don't want to be a wife/mom. Japan seems poorer, less friendly, more overweight than when I first came. This also affects Gaijin, as there are less English students, xenophobia is larger, and less "token Gaijin" positions for the long termers.

I feel like the last point may have the most influence in declining social status of Gaijin: internet TV. When I first came to Japan, one had to bring videos or DVDs to watch U.S. TV. There was a cable option, but most people didn't have it and it was limited. There were video stores with some Japanese subtitles but, again, limited. (I actually remember being on a screwed-up schedule to watch U.S. TV--stayed up until 4 am to watch English movies, to get up at 730, lol.)
Now, one can watch unlimited TV on the internet. Many movies are dubbed into Japanese, foreign movies no longer being the interest of English language learners. We have to address this fact: U.S. TV is very destructive. It denigrates men, particularly white men as something desirable. It promotes feminism. It promotes nasty behavior and has begun to show the mass poverty of an unregulated, non-safety net country. I run into Asian chicks thinking Caucasian people are evil, watch Schindler's List, talk about MLK like it's contemporary, etc. I know they are getting it from U.S. media, as it is totally taken out-of-context and has the same flavor of substituting the American man for the robber baron of old. Sex in the City has done irreparable damage to the Japanese woman. (Let's be real here, though J-girls are cute, the main attractiveness was their personality, gracefulness.)

In conclusion, what are the thoughts of the posters here, particularly the guys with a long view? Japan is still nice, but is it the siren song it was? When I came back from Japan, though I was a much more manly guy (PUA wasn't monetized or a mass-phenomenon then, but we still got laid.), I couldn't reassimilate back to my high-end academic life, ending up having to re-tool. Would I have been so distressed at leaving Japan prematurely if I had come in 2014? What say you?

I think it's always telling when a foreigner sees his value predominantly in him being foreign, rather than his individual traits.

So please don't capitalize the word foreigner, it makes me feel queezy.

As long as a man has something to offer over his competition, as will always be the case in Japan while young men are so lacking in individuality, personality, and assertiveness, Japan can offer them a good time.

But based on the older men I've talked to, yes you definitely used to get more credit and a better life for merely being foreign.

Sounds like the novelty of being a white guy has worn off, Japanese society has always been extremely fad-based anyhow. White guys from the US were in, now Africans are sought after, oh well.
Game is about finding your niche anyhow. It is possible you just aged yourself out of the game. How old are you? You are talkin about Japan 1985, that was about when the Sony Walkman was becoming popular. The older you get the harder you have to work to pull the girls you want. There are 20 year olds that will date 50 year olds if your SMV is high enough, you work hard enough, and have the energy to keep up with them. The trick is finding them.

Westerners and particularly Americans are going to get a real rise in popularity with Trump, better believe it, an Alpha president is going to rub off on everyone. What we need is some good old fashioned economic growth in the US coupled with kicking the shit out of terrorists in Europe and abroad and soon enough our respekk will be back. Not kidding either.

Quote: (09-25-2016 04:50 PM)AboveAverageJoe Wrote:  

Sounds like the novelty of being a white guy has worn off, Japanese society has always been extremely fad-based anyhow. White guys from the US were in, now Africans are sought after, oh well.
Game is about finding your niche anyhow. It is possible you just aged yourself out of the game. How old are you? You are talkin about Japan 1985, that was about when the Sony Walkman was becoming popular. The older you get the harder you have to work to pull the girls you want. There are 20 year olds that will date 50 year olds if your SMV is high enough, you work hard enough, and have the energy to keep up with them. The trick is finding them.

When I was new in Japan ten years ago, the old guys then talked about how great it was in in the 1990s and 1980s. There was one guy that talked about how he was in a provincial city in 1990, and a lower caste guy (didn't even know those existed in Japan) offered his daugher for marriage. I'm not saying that's cool, but by the time I was in Japan in 2004, I saw nothing of the sort, but assumed the culture hadn't changed much since the 80s, except for the bubble popping.

Are there any guys on here with enough hindsight to comment?

P.S. I haven't been to Japan since 2010 yet saw big changes in quality from 2004-2007.

nampa, so you're in Japan now and the last time you visited was in 2010, or you haven't been back to Japan since 2010?

Also why is East Asia in the title if we are specifically talking about Japan?

I agree with Phoenix. Guys need to stop crying about how "being foreign" isn't' as powerful as it used to be. The best players have multiple facets to their game. I honestly cannot imagine going to a country and being lame and getting laid just because of a genetic roll of the dice. I'm not saying your'e crying, OP, but this topic comes up way too much lately. Maybe I just came into the game really late, but I never experience a "pussy paradise." The closest I've come is NYC late nights where there are so many girls looking to meet guys, but even that still requires some game.

Easy lays for being foreign sounds cool, but what does that say about the locals? At some level, I'm proud that I have to be creative and approach the game with some sort of effort. I'm not saying all my lays are hard-fought wars of the soul, but I like being able to say "it wasn't easy, but it was done."

I have never been to a place where I stepped off the plane and bitches were trying to get into my pants with 0 effort on my part. Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved to visit japan wayyyyy back when it was easier, but I'm still hitting up japan and trying to get laid regardless of how much harder it is today.

If more guys stop showing up becuase it's hard, Japan may get easier for us because the guys who wanna get laid just for being a certain colour will stop showing up.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (09-25-2016 06:58 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I agree with Phoenix. Guys need to stop crying about how "being foreign" isn't' as powerful as it used to be. The best players have multiple facets to their game. I honestly cannot imagine going to a country and being lame and getting laid just because of a genetic roll of the dice. I'm not saying your'e crying, OP, but this topic comes up way too much lately. Maybe I just came into the game really late, but I never experience a "pussy paradise." The closest I've come is NYC late nights where there are so many girls looking to meet guys, but even that still requires some game.

Easy lays for being foreign sounds cool, but what does that say about the locals? At some level, I'm proud that I have to be creative and approach the game with some sort of effort. I'm not saying all my lays are hard-fought wars of the soul, but I like being able to say "it wasn't easy, but it was done."

I have never been to a place where I stepped off the plane and bitches were trying to get into my pants with 0 effort on my part. Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved to visit japan wayyyyy back when it was easier, but I'm still hitting up japan and trying to get laid regardless of how much harder it is today.

If more guys stop showing up becuase it's hard, Japan may get easier for us because the guys who wanna get laid just for being a certain colour will stop showing up.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

This too. Growing up Black in America, you're used to the game being harder so having to be creative/max out your potential, is just par for the course.

Classic a white guy blaming Nigerians for lack of game. Can't tell if this is a troll thread or some lbh venting.

As a Westerner who has been living in Asian for a total of more than five years now, the last thing I want people doing is mentioning, pointing out or drawing attention to my foreignness.

I'm the King of Beijing!

how to get laid in Asia:
-Be white
-be tall
-have money
-have local friends (especially females)
-Occasionally make the first move

Equally easy as it is difficult.

One has to remember that the US number one export is technology and culture. That basically means American movies and music along with Tinder and FB. Everything that has poisoned the minds of Western women will eventually reach all shores.

Also, it sounds like the guys that were "reminiscing about the good old days" were probably 20-30 years younger then.

I remember when pussy used to just fall in my lap when I was in my twenties, too.

Women are hitting the wall earlier, and have many more options available to them via hookup apps. This combined with your age makes your available target-demographic shrink by the day. Even in Japan where many young men are opting out of human sexual relationships, hot chicks are still at a premium.

I will always believe that self-improvement is a stronger and more valuable strategy than relocation. At the end of the day if it doesn't get you laid, it still made you a better man.

There is no place where pussy literally is "falling off the trees". One either has to step their Game up or begin getting used to the taste of lower hanging fruit, and we all know the most beautiful cherry blossom always grows at the top of the tree.

I also agree with previous poster, referring to Japan as East Asia is similar to saying Britain is in Northern Europe.

Good Luck.

I think the two main points in the OP are (1) that Japanese girls are getting more Western influence by the year, and (2) that Western foreigners are losing the exotic value they used to command now that the younger generations are more used to their presence and appearance.

On the first point: Yeah, it sucks. But we've got time. Japan is taking on feminist ideals and other neo-Western poison at a slower rate than almost everywhere else in the world that's good for pickup. And besides, just go an hour outside any major city and you'll meet plenty of girls who haven't ever even talked to a foreigner and are still steeped almost exclusively in rural Japanese life.

On the second point: Who cares man? Do you want lays just because you're Western? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy East Asia partially because I'm leaving the Anglosphere where women trade at a premium and entering a world where I have an advantage due to the lottery of birth. But even big cities in Japan are still more than sufficient for that. Any easier and maybe I'd start getting out of bed at 5 PM and wearing the same shirt for 7 days in a row.

All in all, I don't think there's grounds to complain about Japan anytime soon. Tall Western men still have a huge advantage here, and besides, how many Westerners venture more than 30 minutes outside the city or speak Japanese at a level that gives them access to girl's who aren't gaijin hunters? If any facet of Japan is played out, it's the tiny subset of chicks that throw themselves at clueless foreigners.

Japan is an industrialized country. As such it's not going to be a pussy paradise compared to other places in Asia that are cheaper with less foreigners.

Maybe it's bc Japan industrialized so fast. Recovered from WWII so fast. Became popular for young English teachers so fast. But people are always comparing current Japan to its former self. It's weird. You don't see this with other places. Like how many posts are there talking about what it was like to fuck around in NYC in the 1970s. Everyone knows it was just a different place. That era is over and there's no nostalgia for it.

So what's up with people doing this to Japan? I've only been living (on and off) in kansai/kanto since 2013. I can't personally speak about changes over decades. It crosses my mind though.

I've generally found Japans attitude towards sex to be less shameful, prude, conservative than Americans. The thing is you can't just show up with your dick in hand. You have to play the game. Girls often still tell me they want 3 dates.

I just had a failure today. Two months texting (barely) with a jgirl from the intl parties. Finally she has 3 hours free. Comes to my station and exit. Walks to my place. But turns me down bc she's a virgin.

But she's the rarity. I've had around 20 easy bangs here from intl party Jgirls that did the same routine and gave me quick sex. Is it a pusdy paradise? Maybe...

I'd heard the hype about places like roppingi before I came. I personally didn't really enjoy my times roppingi vs other options. I think that area had its heyday shortly after gentrification and has long since ceased to be anything special for foreigners looking to bang Jgirls.

I'm not going to extrapolate that one area to entire country. But it stands to reason that the millennial generation in Japan has way more exposure to western culture. Whether that's good or bad depends on how you adapt your game. And what type of girl you end up gaming.

One great thing about being a well groomed dressed handsome gaijin in Japan is how much you can still get away with. (Even after Julien blanc almost shut pick up down here by being too aggressive).

Maybe you can do even more physical game than in the past (1980s) because you don't seem so scary to Jgirls as we might if they'd never seen nor interacted with a white man lol.

Like take my night game cold approaches where I'm often able to go straight in and hold hands with a girl on the street and say creepy-funny rapid fire stuff like: sex, marriage, baby! In a western country id get arrested and kicked in the nuts. Can u say sex offender?

I do this almost every weekend in the same neighborhood in Osaka. In America doing this is "creepy" maybe even molestation. Here it makes a lot of girls giggle and eye fuck you. They're friends get excited and record videos of me picking up her friend lol. I've walked so many girls straight back to my apt it's scary.

Yet they're still regular girls. I fail most of the time bc I build no comfort and they want to leave. Personally I got spoiled with some easy meet to lays. But I also prefer not to bounce them for drinks/food for a few reasons:

1) cost of living is high here compared to most of Asia so I save money by avoiding drinking and eating in bars/restaurants.
2) service places here are full of smoke and it grosses me out
3) girls here work a lot and usually have very little free time. Most of my bangs had a 3 hour window free so I don't want to waste valuable bang time bouncing around.
4) most girls you cold approach here are less than 8s (both on street and in bars) so I don't put in much effort.
5) most 8+ girls around nightlife area are bar girls or whores. You can game them if u speak Japanese and get her line. Text and come back at 3-5am when she's off shift.
6) clubs here tend to have later magic hour 3-4am. With expensive cover and smoke I tend to avoid them. Pulling so late kills your weekend in terms of doing anything besides sleeping.

So while Japan may or may not be as easy as it once was I think it's still highly gameable. Whether it's a pussy paradise for you depends on your wallet and free time. Even green light girls will often need to schedule sex a week or two out.

Once in rotation it's once a week tops. Great if you want a harem. Bad if you want a real relationship. Today after my failure my rotation girl came over with homemade dinner as usual then fucked me and took last train home. To her doing this once a week at texting me goodnight at 12:30am means we're in a relationship. Poosy paradise? I love it and I shake my head in disgust at it.

As for the sexless lives and negative birth rate. That's any developed country. It's a particular problem in Japan bc of small family size and demographics of a few large cities sucking people out of country side. The tight immigration controls also keep out minoroties who would be happy to come mow lawns and brown up the gene pool.

So you see there's just one conclusion. It's up to us gaijin to inseminate as many Jgirls as possible. It's even on the back of the immigration form if you read the fine print. Jodan [Image: wink.gif]

^Right.

This is why I'll never be worried about locations being played out.

Japan was the first asian country to reach western development levels and to receive influxes of foreigners along the way. You can still go there and do just fine.

Yes, there's been a massive decline in DHV for westerners. I could share some crazy experiences from my time in China years ago, but you simply wouldn't believe me. There's still hope, though. I think the best strategy is doing your best to show the girls you're not some creepy, broke sexpat loser.

Of note: in the Chinese city I was in, the decline became noticeable around late 2012. Well, there's a BMW factory in that city, and in 2012, a story spread about some young German guy having 300+ Chinese girlfriends in 2 years or something, told all of them he was serious, would marry them, etc. It went viral, was on the local news, everyone was talking about it. Stories like this undoubtedly have a major influence on how the locals perceive us.

Crazily enough, one of the girls had a Chinese boyfriend, who was apparently the biggest Chinese guy of all time, 6'6 or something and ripped. I believe it because I've seen Chinese guys like that. Mongolian genes? Anyway, this guy came to hate all foreigners do to this incident, became known as the "Foreigner Hunter", and would randomly beat up white guys in the street whenever he was in a bad mood / drunk.

The German guy eventually got beat up so bad he had to be emergency evac'd back to Germany on life support. Don't know if it was from the so-called Foreigner Hunter or a group of guys with baseball bats.

An American friend of mine also got beat up like that. Three Chinese guys dragged him out of a night club and beat him so bad he almost died. Severe cuts across his face, broken nose, orbital rim fracture, pieces of his eyebrows missing. I told him not to go to there alone. If you're in China, be really careful if you go to the clubs.

Quote: (09-26-2016 04:37 PM)erikak Wrote:  

Yes, there's been a massive decline in DHV for westerners. I could share some crazy experiences from my time in China years ago, but you simply wouldn't believe me. There's still hope, though. I think the best strategy is doing your best to show the girls you're not some creepy, broke sexpat loser.

Of note: in the Chinese city I was in, the decline became noticeable around late 2012. Well, there's a BMW factory in that city, and in 2012, a story spread about some young German guy having 300+ Chinese girlfriends in 2 years or something, told all of them he was serious, would marry them, etc. It went viral, was on the local news, everyone was talking about it. Stories like this undoubtedly have a major influence on how the locals perceive us.

Crazily enough, one of the girls had a Chinese boyfriend, who was apparently the biggest Chinese guy of all time, 6'6 or something and ripped. I believe it because I've seen Chinese guys like that. Mongolian genes? Anyway, this guy came to hate all foreigners do to this incident, became known as the "Foreigner Hunter", and would randomly beat up white guys in the street whenever he was in a bad mood / drunk.

The German guy eventually got beat up so bad he had to be emergency evac'd back to Germany on life support. Don't know if it was from the so-called Foreigner Hunter or a group of guys with baseball bats.

An American friend of mine also got beat up like that. Three Chinese guys dragged him out of a night club and beat him so bad he almost died. Severe cuts across his face, broken nose, orbital rim fracture, pieces of his eyebrows missing. I told him not to go to there alone. If you're in China, be really careful if you go to the clubs.

Not saying things like that do not happen, but the German guy story is possibly a hoax. It is completely not advisable to put someone in life support, or even post surgery, on a plane, much less in a long flight to Germany.

Quote: (09-26-2016 05:19 PM)Rocha Wrote:  

Not saying things like that do not happen, but the German guy story is possibly a hoax. It is completely not advisable to put someone in life support, or even post surgery, on a plane, much less in a long flight to Germany.

No idea. I never actually saw the news, but was teaching 3 different classes of BMW workers (Chinese), and that's what they told me. I heard the same story from other students who didn't work at BMW, although without details such as the guy being on life support. Could be a hoax, or maybe they were just exaggerating.

Quote: (09-26-2016 01:07 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

^Right.

This is why I'll never be worried about locations being played out.

Japan was the first asian country to reach western development levels and to receive influxes of foreigners along the way. You can still go there and do just fine.

They're not doing fine. lol

The average foreigner in Japan has to look like David Beckham in order to compete for 4/10 or 5/10, often mentally deranged or 25+ year old older women that no Japanese guy would want. Same thing is already starting to happen in China, but lots of guys are in denial about it.

I hear The Phillipines is nice this time of year.

Japan has moved up on my to do list now.

On a serious note, my mate lived there pre 2000. It was beyond easy in his own words and believes it is still the same.

Japanese women are good when they are young, but don't age well. So he has no desire to ever go back, except to visit close friends he has.

I heard Japanese girls are marrying muslim guys from Pakistan, they are pissing of the government with their antics.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Did you also believe that The Blair Witch Project was a real documentary?

Quote: (09-26-2016 06:53 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Japanese women are good when they are young, but don't age well.

wat

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Quote: (09-27-2016 01:03 AM)Space Cowboy Wrote:  

Did you also believe that The Blair Witch Project was a real documentary?

Um. I saw my friend the next morning after he got beat, so I know this kind of thing happens over there?

I'm not white (I am Korean) but will share my observations of Korea

Thursday Party is the venue you go to for foreign hunters. According to rungoodinc on here (who lived in Korea a few years back for a few years) the girls there used to be all busted

He came again recently and these are his and my own observations: there has been improvement in the quality for sure. I'd say the average foreign hunter in there is still on average a 5 or 6 but there are a few decent looking girls sprinkled in there like ~8 (the real 9 and 10 hotties usually are with locals, at least in public)

HOWEVER, while it seems foreign guys are pulling better tail (you can also see this phenomenon in Hongdae, the student going out area), these guys are generally tall/decent looking.. aka they probably wouldn't have much trouble anywhere they go (*Height in Korea is by far the #1 most important factor re: looks)

Just a couple of days ago, I was shopping in Gangnam and saw this guy who was totally out of shape like just fat with a not so bad looking girl (I'd say "Korean 5 or 6") - can post a pic. The way he carried himself though wasn't like a scrub or anything

Anyway, none of us are really in a position to influence societal changes... out of our control. Just focus on your own shit I say

New Post:
Men’s Style Guide: For Guys Who Want to Get Laid

You aren't getting laid because you still believe in "game".

Here's how I went from being a 21-year-old, videogame-addicted, Asian virgin to banging too many girls to count (no PUA bs):

https://whiteknightrises.com/start-here

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)

Quote: (09-26-2016 12:09 PM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Japan is an industrialized country. As such it's not going to be a pussy paradise compared to other places in Asia that are cheaper with less foreigners.

I'd heard the hype about places like roppingi before I came. I personally didn't really enjoy my times roppingi vs other options. I think that area had its heyday shortly after gentrification and has long since ceased to be anything special for foreigners looking to bang Jgirls.

I'm not going to extrapolate that one area to entire country. But it stands to reason that the millennial generation in Japan has way more exposure to western culture. Whether that's good or bad depends on how you adapt your game. And what type of girl you end up gaming.

One great thing about being a well groomed dressed handsome gaijin in Japan is how much you can still get away with. (Even after Julien blanc almost shut pick up down here by being too aggressive).

Once in rotation it's once a week tops. Great if you want a harem. Bad if you want a real relationship. Today after my failure my rotation girl came over with homemade dinner as usual then fucked me and took last train home. To her doing this once a week at texting me goodnight at 12:30am means we're in a relationship. Poosy paradise? I love it and I shake my head in disgust at it.

As for the sexless lives and negative birth rate. That's any developed country. It's a particular problem in Japan bc of small family size and demographics of a few large cities sucking people out of country side. The tight immigration controls also keep out minoroties who would be happy to come mow lawns and brown up the gene pool.

So you see there's just one conclusion. It's up to us gaijin to inseminate as many Jgirls as possible. It's even on the back of the immigration form if you read the fine print. Jodan [Image: wink.gif]

Then how do the Nigerians get in?

Honest question, not trying to troll or be funny.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"