rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Black Guyz Adventures in Brasil

This thread is specifically for brothas who have rolled thru Brasil. How have y'all done with Brasileiras???

Skin color is a pretty big issue in when it comes to perceived social/economical status in Brazil, even more soo than in most LA countries.

Just something to remember....

Quote: (06-26-2011 04:27 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Skin color is a pretty big issue in when it comes to perceived social/economical status in Brazil, even more soo than in most LA countries.

Just something to remember....

I've heard plenty of reports about black American men doing really good in Brasil. I definitely think being tall, white, with blonde hair and blue eyes will be more of an advantage, but Brasil is a melting pot and I think just about anyone could do well there with the right mix of game, looks, style, and $$.

In fact in the one month I spent in Brasil the guy I met that had the most success was a 30 year old Moroccan guy from NYC, who wasn't that great looking, kinda out of shape, thinning hair line, and had more of a light skinned "black Arab" look. Dude killed it there, and had the pics, text messages, and emails to prove it. However, I should mention this guy also was a wall street cat, had a fat bank roll, baller style/swag, and a solid foundation of game.

Another thing to note is that black women in Brasil are about 100 times hotter than black women in the U.S. IMHO. So even if you're a black American guy, macking on black Brasilian women, you're still going to be doing a lot better than at home.

At least here in Sao Paulo we have a very vibrant "Afro scene" where a Black American will be High demanded .And besides that its very common to see inter-racial couples here in Brazil.I believe its easier to do it here than in America.
You just won't have the same exoticness as Thor from Norway ,but it won't be a disadvantage either.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

A lot of black guys that go down there are doing P4P.

http://blogs.blackvoices.com/2008/05/09/...ex-abroad/

I wish there was a black blogger in Brazil breaking it down for the brothas not interested in P4P.

Quote: (06-27-2011 03:31 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

True...basically for two reasons; which are related to one another.

(1) Most brothas (American) are there for a very short time, and don't feel the need to learn the language.

(2) P4P is a direct way of doing what all men end up doing for women everywhere in the world. That is, men pay...one way or another. Plus, P4P is very much accepted in Brasil because of the poverty and lack of opportunity for the lower class women.

I visited Brazil 10 times. I have done the P4P thing and the 'ole "walk up to a chick a spit game" approach and did very well. For the non-pros, I used the same 'ole "educated and professional black male with varied interests" image. It worked like a charm. I do have to point out that I faired MUCH better in Salvador Bahia than Rio or Sao Paulo with the non-pros.

If a brotha can speak the lingo, he can pull. Another thing -- by far -- most brothas roll thru Rio, and are steppin' to the mulata/mixed-race type chicks -- not the blond Barbie types found in southern Brasil. Unfortunately, the types the brothas are down with are lower-class poor. So, there's more of a help-the-chick-out monetarily feeling if she's poor.

As a matter of fact, I know brothas who do the 'rent a boo' arrangement. They pay a chick (who stays with them in their apts for the duration of their stay) X amount of R$ per day. Or, she stays with them, and the brothas are very generous with their VISA/MasterCard/AMEX toward their temporary roomates. Most of the working girls in Rio come from other Brasilian cities/states, and live in apts. with beaucoup roomates...so, they don't mind living with a brotha for the duration of their stay in Rio.

All in all, brothas can kill in Brasil, if they can communicate with the ladiez.

Every black guy I meet in Rio was there doing the p4p thing.

Quote: (06-27-2011 04:00 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Every black guy I meet in Rio was there doing the p4p thing.

In Rio, the steps were pretty clear..

1) Go to Club Help or Meia Pataca or some massage parlor

2) Find Girl

3) Negotiate price

4) Bang

No Club Helps in Salvador (Bahia) and if there are, I am willing to bet that they were in an area that I was not willing to venture into so you have to game at the regular clubs in Salvador. There is that possibility that the women still see "opportunity with American male" but at least you are not discussing payments initially or after a few bangs.

http://blogs.blackvoices.com/2008/05/09/...ex-abroad/

I wish there was a black blogger in Brazil breaking it down for the brothas not interested in P4P.

I think the guy to speak with is InternationalSwagger.

The cat goes down there often and has mad Game.

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Blame-Rio-Beh...0446178063

A lot of guys that go down there in GENERAL are doing P4P. Especially in Northern Brazil(Italians, Germans, and Swedish) are throwing lots of Euros at the local ladies, have been for years.

I was in Salvador with a group of Italian guys late night and these suspect looking women approached us spitting Italian not portuguese. These women already know how to communicate with their primary clientele.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (06-27-2011 06:32 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

A lot of guys that go down there in GENERAL are doing P4P. Especially in Northern Brazil(Italians, Germans, and Swedish) are throwing lots of Euros at the local ladies, have been for years.

I was in Salvador with a group of Italian guys late night and these suspect looking women approached us spitting Italian not portuguese. These women already know how to communicate with their primary clientele.

You're on point. Some peeps are trying to make it seem like brothas are the only ones doing P4P in Brasil. Lots of Euros & white Americans are doing it...and have been for a long time.

However, I didn't start this thread to discuss/debate P4P.

I'm white, but it would seem that the North American brothas could do quite well in Southern Brazil, where they would have the "exotic factor" going for them. Some place like Florianopolis, and throughout the states of Santa Catarina, Parana, and Rio Grande do Sol.

I am a black man, having gone to Brazil and having had Brazilian friends I can tell you one thing. That it really isn't about being black or not its about a social class. If you speak English in Brazil you automatically are bumped up to a higher social class. My Brazilian friend told me that in Brazil there is a saying " Even in the poor in the United States speak English". Still though in Brazil you as a black man will have to battle the social statues of darker people being poorer, but in my case once they heard that i spoke english or spanish there whole perception of me changed.You still will have to compete with better Anglo males as is the culture.But overall brazil is such a huge melting pot of colors that you are bound to find someone that likes you.

From speakeasy's link:
Quote:Quote:

At a minimum, black men make trips overseas for physical reasons that include sex. However, many have experienced a level of physical and sexual intimacy, a sort of sexual healing, that they see as lacking in many of their current relationships with black women. They also make these trips for cultural reasons. They describe a deep embrace and recognition to a people, a time and a land that they do not get here in the United States and do not see in black women. Most importantly, these men increasingly travel overseas because of a profound sense of identity that they find and create on these trips. So what they ultimately end up paying for is access to an elite male experience, and intercourse with a set of beliefs and ideas about black manhood that they think are denied to them by black women in America. The problem is that during these journeys, sometimes consciously but also unconsciously, black men are led further away from black women--not just physically, but also emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually.

Very interesting read that interview. Being white as the first flakes of snow in the winter I can't really relate but if American black men experience this kind of alienation form "their own" women I kinda feel for them.

there is an article on the Internet about interracial dating. I will look for it and post it on the forum.

it basically says interracial dating in brazil (black and lighter toned women) is a rarity in Brazil. have to find it.

will get back to you soon.

"The biggest mistake I ever made was being fearful of losing someone. One should never be afraid of losing a girl" El Diablo

Quote: (06-28-2011 02:51 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Very interesting read that interview. Being white as the first flakes of snow in the winter I can't really relate but if American black men experience this kind of alienation form "their own" women I kinda feel for them.

A relatively small segment of the Afr-Am male population are alienated from Black women. Most Black American men (95%+) are married to (or in relationships with) Black American women. Just like there's a segment of Swedish males who travel to Asia (particularly, Thailand) for women -- a small segment of Afr-Am men travel to Brasil for women.

Quote: (06-28-2011 03:51 AM)Diablo Wrote:  

there is an article on the Internet about interracial dating. I will look for it and post it on the forum.

it basically says interracial dating in brazil (black and lighter toned women) is a rarity in Brazil. have to find it.

will get back to you soon.

100% Bullshit. I live here and there are many interracial couples here , no way its a rarity.

Quote: (06-28-2011 11:34 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

100% Bullshit. I live here and there are many interracial couples here , no way its a rarity.

I agree with you about there being many interracial couples in Brasil. I'm an American, but I have been traveling to Brasil for more than a minute. Most Brasileiras don't give a rat's ass about color. They want someone who will treat them well.

Quote: (06-28-2011 11:39 AM)Global Baller Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2011 11:34 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

I agree with you about there being many interracial couples in Brasil. I'm an American, but I have been traveling to Brasil for more than a minute. Most Brasileiras don't give a rat's ass about color. They want someone who will treat them well.

Affluent white brasileiras dont give a rats ass about color?

I certainly wouldnt go that far. It is looked down upon in those circles and not near as common and accepted as yall think.

For poorer ppl yea but their is still that racial undertone in many circles in Brazil. You need to look at it on a whole compared to the sheer number of couples. Yea there is many interracial couples but compared to the whole it is not that big. (White girls with black guys, notice i didnt say mulato)

Yes , I would say that there is racism here no doubt.And probably a good amount of High class white chicks would have problems introducing a black boyfriend to their families.But compared to other countries,it is less common.I know many high class blond chicks who dated/banged black guys(In my University there were lots of ' em)and nobody would coment "Oh god,she is with a black guy!".

I would say definitely that money and social position plays a bigger role than color in Brazil.

I am an analytical guy so I would not be too worried about racism in Brazil. I'mma holla at about 20 of them in a row anyway, so there bound to be at least ONE chick not caring about race.

Found it!

Rethinking Brazil's 'Racial Democracy

It's a 10 pager but it goes into detail about interracial dating quite abit around page 6 and keeps talking about it till the end of the article. It puts Brazil's Interracial dating somewhere around 22% of the populace.

The article then goes on about how soccer players (Pele, Ronaldinho etc etc) of Afro-descent can occasionally get away with dating a blond but that is only because he is seen as successful and has a favorable socioeconomic standing. This would confirm what Mr.GM was saying about money and social status having a part to play more than skin colour.

However I must ask...How far is money going to go in breaking those barriers? Is it that money will only allow a darker skinned guy to date better looking lower class hos or will this supposed money help a guy meet high quality women of class (8-10 with the right attitude) as his brethren of lighter skin would be able to as well?

I'd be willing to bet that Ronaldinho couldn't date a girl from a good family with equal amount of money.

@UrbanNerd - I never take that mentally of odds when it comes to anything. If I gonna do something I need to be guaranteed a success otherwise its a waste of my time.

"The biggest mistake I ever made was being fearful of losing someone. One should never be afraid of losing a girl" El Diablo