rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Caffeine to Be More Proactive

This year I started drinking coffee. I feel much more alert and before hitting the gym I drink a red bull can. I think I'm getting addicted.

To keep my budget controlled, what do you guys think about caffeine tabs?
I can find tabs for as low as 7c each (http://www.drugstore.com/prolab-caffeine...xp143155).

Can you guys share your experiences or recommendations?

They're good, just make sure you regulate your doseage and dial it low from the get-go. I don't like pill poppin' so I just drink coffee or tea.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Stick to coffee. Plenty of antioxidants and improves liver health. When you make it yourself it's not expensive at all, and is much easier to gauge how much you've been taking.

I've known people who got into caffeine pills because they didn't like the taste of coffee and pills were "convenient." These were the same people who would be passing out later that night because they took too many pills during the day.

Energy drinks have higher potential to mess with your body. The caffeine, taurine, and even sugar or sucralose are not doing you good.

I would suggest Kratom but I've never tried it so I can't endorse.

I drink coffee in the morning and pre-workout before going to the gym. I used to pound energy drinks but I've been avoiding them for my health and wallet.

Buy the cheapest coffee maker at Walmart ($8-$10), some filters (cheap as hell), and the biggest can of generic ground coffee beans ($6-$8). That should last you a while. The coffee maker won't have a clock or timer to have it brewed for when you wake up so just make a full pot and leave the rest of the coffee in the pot to cool. The next morning fill up your mug and microwave it for one minute. This is the most efficient way to always have cheap and convenient coffee.

You have a lot of coffee to drink before you can be a coffee snob. You won't notice the difference between a fresh pot and a day old cup. You also won't be able to tell the difference between Colombian, dark roast, etc. especially if you don't drink it black right away. Learn to like it black. With this method, you will be spending about two cents per cup of coffee instead of $2 (local gas station) or $5+ (Starbucks).

And don't fuck around with caffeine pills or powder.

What are you trying to say here? I should start my day with coffee?

Quote: (10-15-2015 10:23 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

What are you trying to say here? I should start my day with coffee?

No one said it couldn't be filled with Bailey's.

I'd recommend you start with a French press & buy a bag of fresh coffee whole beans from your local coffee roaster. (I get my 12oz whole bean bag for about $14)

Then get a non electric coffee grinder (I use the Hario mini that I got from Amazon) & make yourself some fresh coffee every day. It takes no more than 5-15 minutes depending if you microwave or boil your water.

Drink it black from the get go. Shouldn't take you long before you start loving the taste.

One black 12oz cup in the morning is all I need to feel amazing & awake all day.

I was leaning to tabs since they are more practical.

-Don't have to spend time making coffee.
-Easier since I don't like the taste. I can put half tab or whatever dose inside my protein shake.
-Don't darken my teeth.
-Don't have to add sugar.
-It's cheaper.

As for health, I would stop drinking red bull. I wouldn't drink a bunch of tabs during the day, just the recommended dose. And I wouldn't drink them with water (empty stomach).

I don't know if it's mental or if there's any truth to this but personally coffee gives me the best caffeine energy over redbull and tabs and pills. Not only that but coffee doesn't make me all jumpy and jittery like tabs and pills do. Tabs and pills give me headaches, make my heart feel rapid beating, etc where as coffee doesn't do that to me.

Another tip, I really like this Nescafe stuff, its caffeinated but not as strong as real brewed coffee. If I drink real coffee all day I may get a little jittery but with Nescafe I can drink it all day, keep a little buzz going but not feel crazy.

These days I normally have a large coffee in the morning and maybe at 3 have a pick me up if I'm working late. At my old job when a pot was always brewing I'd have a cup of coffee in front of me all day long but purposely tried to dial it back a bit.

I just started drinking coffee 4 months ago in Colombia (when in Rome) I just drink one cup (black and strong like my men) in the mornings and it definitely gives me a boost for the day. I still drink a mug or two of green tea in the afternoons but coffee is only one cup in the morning.

Lot's of good advice on this thread... I advise not drinking redbull or monster energy drinks... well any energy drinks.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (10-16-2015 11:45 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I just started drinking coffee 4 months ago in Colombia (when in Rome) I just drink one cup (black and strong like my men) in the mornings and it definitely gives me a boost for the day. I still drink a mug or two of green tea in the afternoons but coffee is only one cup in the morning.

Lot's of good advice on this thread... I advise not drinking redbull or monster energy drinks... well any energy drinks.

Good point these things are just chemicals and too much sugar and pointless calories. Drink some black coffee. If your going to be working out in the heat or just not up for a hot beverage Vitamin Water rolled out their own energy drink no sugar, only 50 calories, I think natural sweeteners, etc. Better for you than Redbull, Monster, Rockstar, etc.

If you get stuck at starbucks, they have matcha (tea powder) + hot water for ~70 cents and if you bring your own cup they give discounts for that as well. A coffee cup in the car ensures discounts and is inconspicuous storage.

has anyone tried snorting a caffeine tablet?

Quote: (10-28-2015 04:42 PM)mntrsx Wrote:  

has anyone tried snorting a caffeine tablet?

Iv'e tried snorting caffine in liquid form... it burned... like when I pee
[Image: imagesdon-27t-20snort-20coke.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I have caffeine pills and have taken them a handful of times. Have not been very impressed with the results - didn't seem to give a good energy kick, feel a little jittery and unfocused. Similar to Red Bull - shit energy, can't focus. 5 hour energy shot? Same shit. I suppose there are other pills out there worth looking into.

One regular black coffee cup (no bullshit in it; straight black) on the other hand gives me a solid 8 hour boost and helps with staying focus. I don't drink it normally since I don't like coffee breath or teeth stains. Only when I absolutely need it. I also don't like being dependent on caffeine to function. I think if you need caffeine to function daily, your diet and/or sleep quality sucks and caffeine just covers up the problem.

Quote: (10-29-2015 02:19 AM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

I think if you need caffeine to function daily, your diet and/or sleep quality sucks and caffeine just covers up the problem.

As someone who drinks coffee 2 - 3x a day...

[Image: Sad+puppy_56557a_3778962.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mxr36vgjd01skswjlo1_500.gif]

Quote: (10-15-2015 08:39 PM)joost Wrote:  

This year I started drinking coffee. I feel much more alert and before hitting the gym I drink a red bull can. I think I'm getting addicted.

To keep my budget controlled, what do you guys think about caffeine tabs?
I can find tabs for as low as 7c each (http://www.drugstore.com/prolab-caffeine...xp143155).

Can you guys share your experiences or recommendations?

I've heard this can be quite dangerous.

I drink 1 cup of coffee to start the day with. I used to drink 2 but I stopped with the second one since I have discovered I am prone to caffeine addiction. Skipping the second cup of coffee gave me the worst headache.

It is possible for caffeine to be addictive.

If you think you are getting addicted:
-Coffee is probably better than pills and definitely better than energy drinks or pre-workout drinks
-Consider going 30 days without caffeine
-Consider alternatives like b vitamins, ginger, pure lemon juice, maca. I doubt any of these are going to have the same effect as caffeine by themselves but taking a few together might.

I love coffee. However coffee doesn't seem to love me. It would give me these massive pains in my stomach like a burning hole. I also ran into the teeth staining problem.

I switched over to green tea as an alternative. Initially I didn't like the slow burn of the caffeine so I would drink 3-4 cups to get a similar jolt. However the more I drank it the more I started to get used to it.

Now all I drink is green tea.

Caffeine lover here <3

I snorted caffeine tab today and it's amazing. No side effects as opposed to coffee.
High energy and good mood.

My mom started giving me coffee with milk when I was about 3 years old due to the lack of milk where we lived she just improvised, but anyways I've been drinking coffee everyday my entire life.

If I don't drink it I get massive headaches so my body is pretty much addicted to caffeine

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Caffeine addiction is a serious problem that hasn't been researched all that much. The most known issues are of course headaches when you don't take it, and it increases anxiety.

I've quit coffee cold turkey about 1 month ago, and I'm very positive about it. No longer feel the need to have a cup of coffee each morning to "wake up". Instead, I'm more clearer/awake when I get out of bed and I don't need that shot of caffeine to get the day started.

Quitting wasn't that fun, had a headache for 1 week but its just a matter of not caving in and continuing what you started.

Do you guys drink coffee before a workout ever? I tend to wait until I am finished, eat breakfast, then have the coffee. Was wondering if you seem more dehydrated if the coffee goes before the workout

You can add an espresso shot to your pre work out shake it really makes a difference in my opinion plus to me it's healthier than pre workout powders

I'm no expert though

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

I read about a study few weeks back that you're not supposed to drink coffee for the first two hours after you wake up because your body produces natural chemicals to help you "wake up and get going" and sucking down caffeine right away after waking causes those to stop. Sort of how taking too much melatonin to force you to sleep will backfire when your body stops making it.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.