rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you could spend 3-4 days in any city in Brazil where would it be?

I'm heading to Rio in April for a couple of weeks and thinking about getting out of the city for a few days, or maybe most of the days. This is my 4th trip in 2 years & I pretty much booked it to see a girl I've been hanging out with down there. I started acting too beta after my last trip in Dec. and she started to message me less & less. I've corrected course to the point where her brother sent me a few messages asking why I wasn't responding to his sister. Starting to feel like Roosh at the end of Dead Bat with wanting to get off the roller coaster but I digress.

I booked it with miles so part of me wants to just cancel, but I do like hanging out with her brother and I met a few Americans living down there that I want to see again. I'm just now going in with the mentality that I am going to do what I want and not organize a schedule around any person. The nightlife is so God awful down there that I don't know if I could entertain myself for 2 weeks straight. I'm thinking about hitting the Green Valley night club in Camboriú one weekend. Flying to anywhere in Brazil is usually pretty cheap. Any recommendations of a great couple of days spot? I'm determined to have a good time.

Depends what you want to do. In terms of beaches I've noticed that almost anywhere you go on the coast will have decent beaches (save a place like Recife/Olinda cause of the sharks). The beaches in a place like Rio and Salvador are some of the best city beaches anywhere.

In terms of nightlife I think you have to stick to Rio or SP, or a beach area during high season. The reason I say this is that in the north the clubs are not as plentiful and they are usually overpriced since they are geared to the upper class. My theory is that most Brazilians just drink with their friends at outdoor bars, go to street parties, or go to sleep early on wknds so they can hit the beach. I also noticed this in Floripa--- the clubs there can be retarded expensive. The best parties I've been to in Brazil have been random street parties or parties at beach areas like Praia Da Pipa. You get lots of slutty tourist chicks.

Personally I like Salvador but many guys hate it. The girls are not as hot as elsewhere but there are plenty of hot ones once you get out of the Centro area. The nightlife is not epic but there are usually street parties going on. The beaches are really good and there is a bit more touristy stuff to do here that in a typical Brazilian city if that if your thing.

Quote: (02-09-2015 07:22 PM)ridiculous_nicholas Wrote:  

I'm heading to Rio in April for a couple of weeks and thinking about getting out of the city for a few days, or maybe most of the days.

The nightlife is so God awful down there that I don't know if I could entertain myself for 2 weeks straight.

Is this in reference to Rio de Janeiro (pop. 12 million), at 22°54′30″S 43°11′47″W?

[Image: Confused-Gary-Payton.gif]

Quote: (02-09-2015 10:33 PM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

Depends what you want to do. In terms of beaches I've noticed that almost anywhere you go on the coast will have decent beaches (save a place like Recife/Olinda cause of the sharks). The beaches in a place like Rio and Salvador are some of the best city beaches anywhere.

In terms of nightlife I think you have to stick to Rio or SP, or a beach area during high season. The reason I say this is that in the north the clubs are not as plentiful and they are usually overpriced since they are geared to the upper class. My theory is that most Brazilians just drink with their friends at outdoor bars, go to street parties, or go to sleep early on wknds so they can hit the beach. I also noticed this in Floripa--- the clubs there can be retarded expensive. The best parties I've been to in Brazil have been random street parties or parties at beach areas like Praia Da Pipa. You get lots of slutty tourist chicks.

Personally I like Salvador but many guys hate it. The girls are not as hot as elsewhere but there are plenty of hot ones once you get out of the Centro area. The nightlife is not epic but there are usually street parties going on. The beaches are really good and there is a bit more touristy stuff to do here that in a typical Brazilian city if that if your thing.

Its been awhile since I have logged on here but thanks for the advice. I'll probably pick out a spot in the North and get out of dodge a few days. Salvador might be the place. I want to see if the hate is overblown. What part of the city do you stay in when you go? What type of tourist chicks are in Praia da pipa? Like Europeans or what? Thanks for the response.

Quote: (02-09-2015 11:18 PM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

I'm heading to Rio in April for a couple of weeks and thinking about getting out of the city for a few days, or maybe most of the days.

The nightlife is so God awful down there that I don't know if I could entertain myself for 2 weeks straight.

Is this in reference to Rio de Janeiro (pop. 12 million), at 22°54′30″S 43°11′47″W?

[Image: Confused-Gary-Payton.gif]

Definitely referencing the same place. I love the city but if you are honest with yourself, the night life really isn't very good. Mediocre at best. Of course days on the beach make up for it.

Salvador de Bahia

The harder you practice, the luckier you get.

I'm heading to Rio in April for a couple of weeks and thinking about getting out of the city for a few days, or maybe most of the days. This is my 4th trip in 2 years & I pretty much booked it to see a girl I've been hanging out with down there. I started acting too beta after my last trip in Dec. and she started to message me less & less. I've corrected course to the point where her brother sent me a few messages asking why I wasn't responding to his sister. Starting to feel like Roosh at the end of Dead Bat with wanting to get off the roller coaster but I digress.

I booked it with miles so part of me wants to just cancel, but I do like hanging out with her brother and I met a few Americans living down there that I want to see again. I'm just now going in with the mentality that I am going to do what I want and not organize a schedule around any person. The nightlife is so God awful down there that I don't know if I could entertain myself for 2 weeks straight. I'm thinking about hitting the Green Valley night club in Camboriú one weekend. Flying to anywhere in Brazil is usually pretty cheap. Any recommendations of a great couple of days spot? I'm determined to have a good time.

Hey Nicholas,

I'm planning to go to Rio next week (didn't book the plane yet but I'm checking prices everyday and it's afforable even booking only 1 week upfront).
It's my first time in Brazil and I'm planning to rent an apartment for 3-4 weeks. I have contacts with 2 girls from badoo, both of them seem to be very kind and welcoming. One of them even proposed to pick me up at the airport, ok that was right after that I asked her if she'de like a present from Paris...
I have 2 questions for all the guys who know Rio, I'm going there on my own and for the first time, I would highly appreciate your feedback/advices.

1- Are the beaches crowded in april? I have to say I'm going there mainly for sandy beaches and sensual girls with a huge bottom [Image: smile.gif]
2- Security seems to be a big deal in many comments I've read in diverse forums, many people complained about being mugged with a knife, even in the middle of the day.
I'm not planning to show off with a watch or jewelry but some guys recommend to dress as simple as possible and even avoir wearing nike's. They say walking on the beach at night can get you in troubles, is that exagerated?
I like being free and be able to hang out everywhere, if I have to be worried for my belongings and my security each time I go to the beach or wherever I go well it's not exciting.

Thanks in advance guys and apologies for my mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker.

By the way, if any of you is there the next month and up for a drink just pm me.

Florianópolis

Beautiful beaches in buzios. Nice for a few days