rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The beheading of James Foley and resistance to captors

Journalist James Foley was beheaded by ISIS guys.

Like with Nick Berg, Daniel Pearl and others, this was a gruesome show on video. It's on LiveLeak in the full version.

Before his head was chopped off, Foley made a speech denouncing the bombing of ISIS sites by the USA. He made it very personal, addressing his own brother in the US Air Force and blaming him and his fellow Air Force people.

This made me cringe a little. I am critical of US policy, but to me, the people holding me captive who are going to cut my head off are my enemies.

Not exactly Fabrizio Quattrocchi - who was defiant when they killed him in Iraq.

On the other hand, who knows what kind of abuse the guy took during his months of captivity? What would I do in his shoes?

When I was in the military, I had the chance to listen to talks by Vietnam POWs, Vice Admiral James Stockdale and Captain Richard Stratton. One of the things they emphasized was that everyone has a breaking point, but the important thing was to keep resisting, mentally and physically. The POWs made it a point to bring anyone who might have committed a breach of the US Military Code of Conduct for POWs back into the fold and tell them, "OK, me too, what the fuck do we do next to resist?"

This is not an academic question to me or to a lot of people - I used to think about what I'd do if my security detail was overwhelmed at a checkpoint. I decided I would punch the first guy I saw and run like hell if I could. I carried a knife in the small of my back.

How can you cultivate mental toughness to resist extreme situations? For me, humor, irreverence and an anti-authoritarian attitude are important. The various prison diaries and books like Papillon (highly recommended) give tips on how to resist, survive, and to think.

I thought the speech was scripted by the ISIS guys? I could be wrong on that. But honestly, that's gotta be one of the, no fuck that...THE worst way to die.

I'd be shittin my pants the entire time and crying like a little bitch.

On a less serious note, the video quality is SUPERB. These ISIS dudes need to get into cinematography.

I am pretty sure he made his remarks under duress. I also wouldn't be surprised if he had been subject to many mock executions and didn't know if they would carry it out this time or not.

French resistance fighters who were about to be executed faced the nazi execution peloton smiling. Or so at least the legend goes.

He's talking like he knows he's going to die. Whether it's scripted or he was converted to their point of view in a Stockholm Syndrome situation, I'm not sure.

What more duress could they have given him? I guess they could have said, "We can kill you quickly or we can torture you for weeks, burn your balls off, etc."

On the other side many soldiers and fighters crack up after.

People today have no honor.

There were times when captured soldiers commited a seppuku or swallowed a cyanide tablet.

There were even for our standarts unthinkable times when women would rather commit suicide then survive getting raped.

People without honor are slaves.

Should've told them to fuck off and died brutally (which is what they would've done worse then a beheading).....then read off a script and get your head cut off.

Fuck those pieces of shit from ISIS, may death be upon all of them.

Seriously, you guys believe this?

Comments from the youtube section,

"More CNN actors @2:29-2:50.... you mean to tell me your son gets beheaded and thats as much as you cry... he cried for literally 7 seconds..then he looks as if hes smiling...IF this really happened then my heart goes out to the Foley family but CNN is notorious for hiring and using "crisis actors" and they seem to just seem a little too happy for such a tragedy to just occur... Crisis Actor Examples: Boston Bombings...Sandy hook...... if you don't know or have never heard of such people you should educate yourself.. dont believe everything you see just because its on TV..."

"What the fuck man, the mum doesn't even look sad at all. I would be broke and unable to talk if my son was killed like that. The father did better near the end. I am not saying that they are actors but what the fuck man this is all wrong, a day after your son gets killed like that. "

The Hagakure recommends that young Samurai imagine themselves being brutally killed each night before they go to bed.

@Zep

I'm not generally one to comment on bereaved relatives (TV has programmed us to expect drama, after all - "reality is unrealistic", as TV Tropes says) - but those two are cold.

Listen to the way they talk about God; it's all about ego for them. They're not bereaved, they're excited to have the media attention. Their son has finally done something that allows them to feel pride... he made them into a TV hit.

That's some hardcore narcissism there. *shudder*

I want every last one of those fuckers dead. Just seeing this made me so pissed off I wanted to start breaking things.

Quote: (08-20-2014 06:08 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

The Hagakure recommends that young Samurai imagine themselves being brutally killed each night before they go to bed.

@Zep

I'm not generally one to comment on bereaved relatives (TV has programmed us to expect drama, after all - "reality is unrealistic", as TV Tropes says) - but those two are cold.

Listen to the way they talk about God; it's all about ego for them. They're not bereaved, they're excited to have the media attention. Their son has finally done something that allows them to feel pride... he made them into a TV hit.

Classic book and a must read for Samurai fans [Image: smile.gif]

OMG those parents of his sound fake like meat from McDonalds.

Quote: (08-20-2014 06:08 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

@Zep

The father seems legitimately bereaved to me, but the mother is just completely unemotional, which is creepy as fuck. Psychopath perhaps? I think a narcissist would have had a better sense of how they'd be perceived.

lol HD and multiple camera angles ? These ISIS dudes got hi-tech, they probably got a Instagram too.

Plus I don't care how sharp that little knife is, its not cutting clean through the neck with that frail dude coming of Ramadan doing the cut... but they never showed the full slice anyways (not on the video I seem, if somebody has that link just let me know).

Parents having fake crying events also?

All in a bid where Obama has to sell a war to a war dreary America.

I'm sorry but this all looks staged as fuck. All staged to get American blood boiling to accept a new war.

Why wasn't Foely beat red and blue in the face? The stress would be to over whelming, plus in that heat he should be sweating buckets, especially being turned into a hoe whom has to be disgraced before certain death.

This looks fake as hell. Foley will grow a bears and will be chilling in Guam under some heavy witness protection program. That's why his parents had crocodile tears, they know what's up.

I'm highly dubious of any mainstream hysteria prior to any USA campaign. The USA has rolled out fake stories prior to each one. Remember the dead Kuwaiti babies ? Fake WMD? Dubious fake KONY? The fake Syrian Massacre last summer? All to common. I would be happy to be proven wrong but right now, not buying it.

Quote: (08-20-2014 06:09 PM)Uzisuicide Wrote:  

I want every last one of those fuckers dead. Just seeing this made me so pissed off I wanted to start breaking things.

What incites the most rage from me is the British accent of the executioner.

What an angel the multi-cultural UK has raised.

Quote: (08-20-2014 06:09 PM)Uzisuicide Wrote:  

The exact reaction that they want you to have. After all, someone needs to support the next war in Iraq.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

I saw this on liveleak. It appears to be real. Saw his body post beheading

The mother is a seasoned attention whore!

The parents are probably coming off weird because their son has been held captive for a long time and they're likely on sedatives for the anxiety.

I think people here are being too harsh on them.

Imagine the person you're closest to being taken away from you and held for a year, then murdered on video -- and you get to watch. How would you behave? My guess is most of us would need some drugs to sleep and get through the day. And if not, I see this kind of stress as causing major psychological issues, which is also what might be happening here.

To put it another way, there is a thread on here about a pickup guru who played White Knight to help one of his students because the student suffered "nuclear rejection" (the guru confronted the girl who rejected him).

We can all agree nuclear rejection hits us hard. But I'd take that any day over the ordeal of these parents. Their words are probably an attempt to make sense of the senseless.

Let's save the cries of "attention whore" for the twerking crowd and give a break to parents who witness the murder of their son.

Quote: (08-20-2014 05:26 PM)Mage Wrote:  

There were times when captured soldiers commited a seppuku or swallowed a cyanide tablet.

There were even for our standarts unthinkable times when women would rather commit suicide then survive getting raped.

I agree. If this dude is not a craven coward - not fighting back against men who tell him they are going to murder him - and renouncing his family and country (however evil the USA might be is irrelevant) to curry favor with the monsters who are going to murder him....then who is?

Craven coward. Full stop.

I've shown people videos of muggings on LiveLeak in which the victims could quite easily have fought back. And these people (the white SWPLs in my social circle) are always quick to smirk and say, "Hey, I'd rather lose my wallet than die!" Of course, I agree with that statement in itself, but their quick, defensive responses always made me feel that their motive was more out of cowardice - fear of angering the very monsters who'd rob and assault and kill them - rather than a rational thought process.

Seeing people's response to this confirms my suspicion: a huge percentage of modern whites are simply craven cowards. They won't fight back against their tormenters even when they are 100% certain they're going to be murdered.

Funded by USA?

Quote: (08-20-2014 10:17 PM)DavidMI Wrote:  

Quote: (08-20-2014 05:26 PM)Mage Wrote:  

I agree. If this dude is not a craven coward - not fighting back against men who tell him they are going to murder him - and renouncing his family and country (however evil the USA might be is irrelevant) to curry favor with the monsters who are going to murder him....then who is?

Craven coward. Full stop.

I've shown people videos of muggings on LiveLeak in which the victims could quite easily have fought back. And these people (the white SWPLs in my social circle) are always quick to smirk and say, "Hey, I'd rather lose my wallet than die!" Of course, I agree with that statement in itself, but their quick, defensive responses always made me feel that their motive was more out of cowardice - fear of angering the very monsters who'd rob and assault and kill them - rather than a rational thought process.

Seeing people's response to this confirms my suspicion: a huge percentage of modern whites are simply craven cowards. They won't fight back against their tormenters even when they are 100% certain they're going to be murdered.

That's great but it's an easy statement when you are nowhere near that situation. We don't know what was going on with him and his captors. Who knows they said if you don't say this we will chop off your leg and dick and let you die a slow painful death? How do you know he was not drugged? How do you know he was not psychologically fucked up or who knows what was going on in his mind? What if they said help us make a video and if you say X we will let you live?

I feel people are being too harsh on the guy and posting statements about him being a coward isn't really fair to him as no one here has been in a situation like that and I hope never is.

I know two people who have been kidnapped and returned to tell about it. One of the torture methods is to stage the execution over and over so the victim is never sure exactly when they will get killed. One guy was kidnapped with his son. Every night they told the dad they would kill his son in the morning. Living hell with suspense added in. They want the victim emotionally destroyed before physical death.

Dude is held captive for two years then executed and you're quibbling over whether he was a coward or not? And whether his parents are reacting to the media the way you think they should be? Have some fucking respect. I've heard of guys with cancer shitting themselves and cursing in agony the moment of death. There are no guarantees of dignity and the amount of dignity we can summon at that point is not a judgment of the value of a person. Haven't watched, but I'm sure Foley did the best he could.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.