rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Much Do You Pay For Your Apartment - Please Include Photos

Since there's so much banter on the Phils and other threads about what you get for your money in various places, lets put our money where our mouths are.

Put up photos of your place and how much you pay and your general geographic location (as specific as you're comfortable with). Let us know anything else we should know about your spot/area/building.

I pay 920 USD per month, plus an 75 dollar management fee to the building. I would say this is a pretty good deal in my area of Shenzhen, which is Futian near the central business district. Its a 5 minute subway or taxi ride to Coco park and perhaps 10 minutes taxi or subway to central Luohu. Its also 10 minutes from the border crossing to HK by taxi.

I should add that there is a 24 hour doorman, I'm on the 24th floor, and we don't have a pool. There is underground parking for an additional price.

Sorry about the mess [Image: confused.gif].

[Image: ScreenShot2014-07-17at105437AM_zps14cc86f9.png]

[Image: ScreenShot2014-07-17at105423AM_zps22e00b54.png]

[Image: 20140717_110107_zps2uq3bldv.jpg]

[Image: 20140717_110101_zpssjwuqqx4.jpg]

[Image: 20140717_110052_zpsnbbiwlx7.jpg]
Overhead waterfall shower.

[Image: 20140717_110036_zpspbpkj2la.jpg]
Small office space or second sleeping area.

[Image: 20140717_105958_zpsdvdgjdf4.jpg]

[Image: 20140717_105949_zpsxipk869l.jpg]

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Does the $920/mo include the girl in the bed?

I'm sure in some countries it does. Here, I have to get by on my limited charm.
Quote: (07-16-2014 11:27 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Does the $920/mo include the girl in the bed?

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

was this whole thread just to show off the girl on the bed?

Really dude? I hope you're doing better than that in China. I took the picture when posting the thread, and my bed was occupied. Don't be a troll.

Quote: (07-17-2014 12:21 AM)clever alias Wrote:  

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Any idea how much you need to pay for a maid in Shenzen to keep the place in tiptop shape?

Chaos, in my building can have an ay-i (auntie) who cleans the building come in and clean for 25 rmb per hour. However, I wouldn't say tip top shape (they tend to use the same shitty mops in the hallway, so I only did it once). I think the best person to keep it in tip top shape would be a girlfriend/regular that comes over and happily cleans up for you. Cleaning service probably, though, no more than 60-70rmb per session (USD10-11.6).

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

I'm waiting for Beyond Borders to show up here. I hope he has some pics from the cheapass flats in Chiang Mai and perhaps also something from Cambodia.

Sp5 maybe also has something to contribute with?

I have a two bedroom full bath and kitchen . downtown budapest, in the center of nightlife
Im less than a minute from 4 bars. within 3 minutes walk theres probably about 10-15 bars and clubs

The apartment is probably close to 520 square feet or so.. as my room is 256sq feet

I split the rent.. So i pay about 350 a month. This includes high speed internet and utilities

Im on a short lease so im paying more than usually. I probably could have worked as low as 275-300 a month if i was staying longturn

Im not planning on posting pictures though -_- but ill be sitting at the door with a shotgun if yall wanna play games outside my door

I am the cock carousel

My place in a touristy part of Croatia is both bigger and better furnished than yours for $180 per month. I have a special deal about it, so in normal conditions it would realistically cost you roughly $480 per month. While I can't post pictures, I'll say that it's on the ground floor in a quiet wooded area filled with 2-4 story buildings and villas, right next to the beach and clubs, 5-10 minutes of walking away from the supermarket, city center and major transport hubs.

Additional features, or lack of:

- there is no dedicated parking space or garage, but you can usually find parking on the street a minute or two away.
- there is no doorman or reception for the building; it's not needed since it's a small building in an area with very low crime rate
- the price doesn't include utilities like garbage disposal, building maintenance, electricity, water, internet, phone, cable TV and so on, which are all together about $150 per month
- there are very few bugs or pests, although it depends on your point of view and if you do your annual spraying. I get about one cockroach and a few mosquitos or moths every 3 months, which my cat terminates instantly. I consider it a necessary price of living in a very green area.

I apologize for not posting pictures, but I have some stalkers so I can't do it for safety reasons. When I start moving around more I'll make up for that.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

In Moscow, something like G_global's place in a reasonable area, near a metro, would go for around $1500/month. You wouldn't have any underground or reserved parking, or a porter. In more central areas, it would be at least $2000/month. Utilities are practically free in Russia as long as you have a gas boiler and stove (they can add up if they're electric).

Quote: (07-17-2014 12:21 AM)clever alias Wrote:  

Damn, you're sure as shit a glass-half-empty kind of a guy, aren't you?

My first thought was that I wish I could see more of her.

This thread needs more skin, not less...

Quote: (07-17-2014 12:51 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

I'm waiting for Beyond Borders to show up here. I hope he has some pics from the cheapass flats in Chiang Mai and perhaps also something from Cambodia.

Sp5 maybe also has something to contribute with?

I'll try to make a post later. Need to pick through my photos and see what I have, and then figure out where I want to upload them. Don't really feel like opening a photo sharing account. Guess I could host them on my site though.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (07-16-2014 10:43 PM)G_global Wrote:  

[Image: 2014-07-17_1407.png]
Small office space or second sleeping area.

[Image: 52642893.jpg]

^ GG's fedora is bad-ass.

He actually rocked it when we met up in PP the day he was leaving, and I thought it was dope.

Not to carry this side tangent too far, but I don't hate on the whole fedora thing, and I think they get too much flak. I used to sport them sometimes back home and the girls dug them, especially since I was in an area where virtually no one ever wears them.

Call me crazy, but I think a fedora with a white v-neck, some jeans, and a cigar in the brim of my hat or hanging out of my mouth is a good look. works well for me anyways. Not so sure everyone could pull it off. I also think it looks great with a pea-coat in cold weather.

I met up with OG Norcal back in Cali while wearing my Fedora and he saw the girls were still definitely showing me attention and thought it worked well for me. Even pulled a stripper out of a bar when we were out on Halloween. I didn't bang her, as she had a boyfriend, but she opened me in the brewery where we first met for drinks, and next thing you know we were in my beater pickup truck headed to the next place together.

Was a hit back in Thailand too, but I lost it after a few weeks.

Sometimes it's more about how your wear it than what you wear - not giving a shit what others think is a great start to developing a personal style. I wish more sophisticated hats were as popular as they were back int he early 1900s, during the mobster days - because they open up a lot of fashion opportunities. In any case, I rock them anyways and jump into my own little universe. [Image: biggrin.gif]

I think the only downside to the fedora was that it made an easy target for some guy to spout off if he was looking to start trouble, and it almost got me into a fight or two. That's typical shit at American bars though - just wearing button-up shirts gets that reaction where I'm from.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (07-17-2014 06:06 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Need to pick through my photos and see what I have, and then figure out where I want to upload them. Don't really feel like opening a photo sharing account. Guess I could host them on my site though.

Tinypic.com doesn't require you to set up an account and allows for a reasonable degree of anonymity if you upload one set of photos at a time.

Ethan Amarante's datasheets:
*Glasgow

The fedora was a gift from a friend whilst traveling last year in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. As a light weight (its very light) white hat, its functional to a T in the hot south China sun, and its absolutely unique in Shenzhen, and almost everywhere else I visit in Asia, Bangkok likely excepted. If wearing it makes me into Jon Popper, I can live with that - I've met Jon and he's gotten more pussy than everyone on this site combined (well, not quite of course, and I know thats not Jon Popper, so maybe we can get back to the topic at hand).

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

I'm staying here, it's in a suburb of Kharkiv, I'm one metro station from Radmir. I'm paying 180 UAH ($15) a day. If I were to commit to long-term, something like this would be 1/2 that price. With a daily rate, I have the option of leaving anytime.

http://kharkov.kha.slando.ua/obyavlenie/...5aTd1.html

lol Im just trolling guys...

to redeem myself here is what $200 gets you in Chiang Mai

and for $700 you get this

Damn, that place is 200$/month? I knew Chiang Mai to be cheap and have great value but not that much! That 200 bucks apart is better than the 800$/month room I used to rent in a brand new house in Bumfuck in northern Alberta not long ago!

How much something like that CM 200 bucks place would go in MNL? How about that CM 700$/month go for in MNL?

G_Global,
Great thread! Your place looks good! When I was in GZ, went to some friends place and they were staying at a baller 3 bedroom condo in the heart of the best part in town (for those who know, right in front of the huge IFC tower in a resort type building with a big pool with killer views at night), for about 1100$/month. Is SZ more expensive in terms of rent than GZ?

Quote: (07-17-2014 08:15 AM)w00t Wrote:  

lol Im just trolling guys...

to redeem myself here is what $200 gets you in Chiang Mai

and for $700 you get this

My one bedroom isn't impressive and I pay $1000 a month plus utilities. Good location though.

Hi, I'm Hans Dix, and welcome to my crib aka dorm room @ German university.

For the low, low price of $450 US Dollars you too can live in this wonderful whitewashed concrete box that will slowly eat away at your sanity

[Image: W5r1JF6.jpg]

As you can see, I have a saving grace in the form of a patio roughly the size of a postage stamp. There are also 4 floors above me who all have balconies, which my upstairs neighbors routinely piss off the side of. This wouldn't bother me if the smell of ammonia wasn't slowly starting to stink up my room.

But of course, with my 6'4" 215lb frame, I should get a nice bed to sleep on, right? I mean, I have a pillow top queen back at school and at home, so it should at least be decently sized for the hard working student here, right?

Nah

[Image: alBrPzO.jpg]

I had to buy that mattress. What was there originally cannot legally be considered a mattress. Guys at Basic Training for the marines sleep on better quality mattresses.

Ah, and over here you'll find another doozy

[Image: 3amihWy.jpg]

That's my wonderful radiator. It would keep me warm, ya know, if it worked. Nights have gone down to the low 40s, high 30s over here, and since my room has zero ventilation, I'll suffocate if I leave the window closed. Thus, I need to leave it open, keeping my room cold enough for milk to stay good. Of course, I could always tell the student resident office and they'll fix it, right? Nah, fuck you and your comfort; this is Germany. The guy literally told me, "it's summer, what do you need heat for?" Also, air conditioning is all but unheard of in this god forsaken country.

I would take my pictures of my kitchen and bathroom, but I'm using my webcam. Plus IRT squad is currently conspiring/cooking curry that smells like a rotting deer carcass. Just google "russian housing slum" and you'll get a clear picture.

When I hit my apartment at school in America I'm taking a whole set of pictures. Nice living room, full kitchen w/ granite counter tops, carpeted floors, personal bedroom w/queen size pillow top, personal walk in closet AND bathroom + shower.

U​ of Roosh Class of 2420

Quote: (07-17-2014 06:01 PM)Hans Dix Wrote:  

For the low, low price of $450 US Dollars you too can live in this wonderful whitewashed concrete box that will slowly eat away at your sanity.

Just google "russian housing slum" and you'll get a clear picture.
[Image: lol.gif]

Which city?

Is that a white noise maker?

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (07-17-2014 06:01 PM)Hans Dix Wrote:  

Hi, I'm Hans Dix, and welcome to my crib aka dorm room @ German university.

For the low, low price of $450 US Dollars you too can live in this wonderful whitewashed concrete box that will slowly eat away at your sanity

That's my wonderful radiator. It would keep me warm, ya know, if it worked. Nights have gone down to the low 40s, high 30s over here, and since my room has zero ventilation, I'll suffocate if I leave the window closed. Thus, I need to leave it open, keeping my room cold enough for milk to stay good. Of course, I could always tell the student resident office and they'll fix it, right? Nah, fuck you and your comfort; this is Germany. The guy literally told me, "it's summer, what do you need heat for?" Also, air conditioning is all but unheard of in this god forsaken country.

I would take my pictures of my kitchen and bathroom, but I'm using my webcam. Plus IRT squad is currently conspiring/cooking curry that smells like a rotting deer carcass. Just google "russian housing slum" and you'll get a clear picture.

When I hit my apartment at school in America I'm taking a whole set of pictures. Nice living room, full kitchen w/ granite counter tops, carpeted floors, personal bedroom w/queen size pillow top, personal walk in closet AND bathroom + shower.

Aaaah brings back such fond memories of a German student dormitory.

Free!
[Image: DungeonCell.jpg]

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (07-17-2014 03:53 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

G_Global,
Great thread! Your place looks good! When I was in GZ, went to some friends place and they were staying at a baller 3 bedroom condo in the heart of the best part in town (for those who know, right in front of the huge IFC tower in a resort type building with a big pool with killer views at night), for about 1100$/month. Is SZ more expensive in terms of rent than GZ?

I'm not sure VP. I've been looking at apartments in my area recently and it seems I have a pretty good deal - but keep in mind I am close to HK (10 minutes to the checkpoint) and in the middle or very close to four train lines, so the area is very desirable. If I moved up to Bao'an, I could spend half as much for an apartment and probably get something nicer and certainly bigger. It just depends what you prioritize. I will say that while I like living here, its super convenient, and comfortable, I'd never buy in this building because the construction is shitty. Not really a surprise in China.

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China