rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mini Berlin report

Mini Berlin report

Before going to Berlin, I had the impression it would be similar to Copenhagen. Since as you know I had a bad time in Copenhagen, my expectations were quite low (i.e. I was prepared for the worst). So I was quite surprised that Berlin was a pleasant city. I only stayed for two days, so here is a brief recap:

-There are tons of foreigners here, especially Spain, Portugal, and France. If you stay in the center, you actually won't come across many native Berliners. It's sort of like DC in that it's a melting pot.

-The tourist center has a ton of museums, rivaling that of the Smithsonian in DC. I only had time to visit one, the DDR museum which showed how it was like to live in East Germany. Recommended.

-I went to one bar called Luzia (Oranienstabe 34) which was decent on a Saturday night. The ratio was almost equal early in the night but most of the girls were Spanish. My friend and I got far with two Italian women who were ready to go to our place, but they were older and average so I declined in the end. I can see this bar being a place to get ONS on somewhat cute girls. I also met a pretty Ukrainian girl, but she was married. This bar reminded me of my DC days when I used to go to Marvin. I had more fun here than in a typical Polish club.

-The city itself has a corporate feel. I stayed in the Eastern part near Alexanderplatz. I expected more of a hipster vibe but I didn't find that.

-Germans have a really excellent hello greeting (click play button to listen: http://www.forvo.com/user/sterre1611/ ). It's cheery and warm.

-German girls seem to be stout and generally average, but very blonde. I did meet a pretty German girl in the cafe who had a most excellent bubbly personality, but she was married.

-From Berlin I took a train to Warsaw, where the jump in quality was immediate and obvious. Polish girls are definitely on a higher level than German.

-The Blockhouse Restaurant in the center is a decent tourist steakhouse.

Overall it was an enjoyable trip. My instinct tells me that Berlin would be fun for younger guys who have the energy to do a lot of sightseeing and clubbing. Your best bet at getting laid would probably be with a foreign girl. Thanks to everyone for giving me advice in this thread.

[Image: attachment.jpg17174]   

[Image: attachment.jpg17175]   

[Image: attachment.jpg17176]   

Mini Berlin report

Sounds about right. Alexanderplatz was a good choice for history/sightseeing. If you went slightly more southeast in the city, you would have seen more EE girls and the hipster area.

And good call on Berlin being fun for young guys. I've met guys from all over the spectrum who loved partying in Berlin. I'd love to go back but there's so much more to see. I still need to visit Poland sometime this year.

Mini Berlin report

Good unbiased report. Nice to know you had a decent time.
DBD (book) was pretty much Copenhagen hate. This report doesn't have that.
Of course Germany/Berlin isnt full of dimes. But if you adjust your game even a little..you can have fun and never be board.

Cost of living in Berlin isn't horrible either.
People aren't as cold and boring as people claim.

People can stop hating on Berlin and other parts of Germany just because they struck out.

I am the cock carousel

Mini Berlin report

My favorite part of Berlin was that you can drink on the street. There's something oh so liberating about wandering around a major metropolitan area at mid-day openly pulling from a half-liter of delicious German beer without it being a Disneyland-type bubble like Vegas. I walked directly by a cop going the other way and tipped my bottle to him as we passed each other; he smirked and nodded in acknowledgement. That was a great thing about Budapest too.

Mini Berlin report

Quote: (02-20-2014 12:18 AM)gringochileno Wrote:  

My favorite part of Berlin was that you can drink on the street. There's something oh so liberating about wandering around a major metropolitan area at mid-day openly pulling from a half-liter of delicious German beer without it being a Disneyland-type bubble like Vegas. I walked directly by a cop going the other way and tipped my bottle to him as we passed each other; he smirked and nodded in acknowledgement. That was a great thing about Budapest too.

Except that in Budapest it's "illegal". But it's the kind of "illegal" that even cops think it's bullshit, so they do it also themselves : It's not a law per se for them, it's a suggestion.

Mini Berlin report

I've considered Berlin to live in. It might make a nice base, you can still find an apartment for less than €50,000 there. Don't know about the neighborhoods, haven't been there since 1990, but real estate is still relatively cheap.

Apartments in Berlin for sale