rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vice Links Up With Black Dude In Moscow

Eddie Huang went to Moscow and linked up with this guy I had heard about from YouTube. He's got a bunch of videos talking about how chicks are in Russia, etc.

Anyway, he shared some insights about what it's like for him out there. Pretty interesting.

He's a pretty smart and interesting guy. He has his own youtube channel and he posts multiple times a day on random topics of interests.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhilochkoEHC

I came across his channel from a link that Teedub posted.

He had a response video to that Vice episode you posted:

I love that at he 15 second mark.

Eddie Huang
Appalled

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I thought it was really interesting especially the black american guy living in russia but Eddie was starting to get on my nerves by the end of the video.

Quote: (01-25-2014 01:48 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

He's a pretty smart and interesting guy. He has his own youtube channel and he posts multiple times a day on random topics of interests.

I def have respect for him after seeing some of his videos. He apparently lived in some housing projects in NYC as recently as 2010 ($100-200 in rent a month) before moving to Russia. The fact that he had the balls to go out there solo (especially as a black man), speaks the language fluently, and keeps it pimpin' is the type of hustle this forum respects.

The Russian chicks in his videos seem cool personality wise.

[Image: clap.gif]

I've chatted to him via email. Cool guy.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

I have too....Standup guy..Apparently, He got lot responses from brothers trying to get Russia. He says it still dangerous. ( He says its best to have contacts in the city)

Quote: (01-06-2015 04:37 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  
You can bring broads to logic but you can't force them to think.

I watched the Vice episode a long time ago.
Before I watch the other videos I have to say that, I felt some type of way seeing this dude. I agree with Eddie's view on it at the end of the episode
Yea he may have made a decent living in Russia..but I feel like its at the expense of promoting stereotype. The whole BET black dude isn't what I like to see when I travel the world.
Im a professional dude thats pulled all over Europe and I hate running into those chicks that approach me trying to talk in ebonics..or meeting those random african dudes that are pretending to be from atlanta or NYC walking around in basketball jerseys.

Now you see the disgusting "art" of twerking being done by flatbacked russian girls...They should be off playing piano or doing gymnastic.

That being said..Ill make another post after watching his response videos

He's probably a really interesting and decent guy. The show is just a show..They probably made him look worse than he really is. The episode on london was full of cringe moments also. But his outfit in the video...neither of them are really...fitted to look serious in anyway
*Im not hating on him though. If he's making a good living..good for you. Ill never be against a man making his paper and living his life

*edit.
I looked at the channel posted. He is pretty articulate. And doesn't seem to be promoting to many stereotypes. He does make alot of videos that are on that edge of racial talk. To be honest..people probably don't even understand those videos. Even white Americans still don't fully understand racial issues. I can't expect russians or germans to fully get information off the videos
I also looked at his actual teaching channel. It seems interesting also.
He was correct. Most of his videos are really good for non fluent people that want to nuances of the language....thats not to say he still doesn't have quite a few "ebonic" type videos. And I can't get behind any man that puts on a wig and plays a female part for any reason.
Some people may find it funny. But I think its exactly whats wrong with the cultures. feminizing yourself for comedy sake

I am the cock carousel

^ He's like Tommy Sotomayor-lite. He's very critical of 'gangster' culture etc. He also slams obese black 'fattitude' women, a lot.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (01-25-2014 06:42 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

Teedub, have you ever tried to get him to join the forum?

Quote: (01-25-2014 10:10 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2014 06:42 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

Teedub, have you ever tried to get him to join the forum?

Haha, no - It was a brief exchange and just more about why he's in Russia and stuff. I could shoot him an email I suppose and mention that his videos are being watched and liked by members here.

Leave it with me. I think it would be cool if he joined as he's a mini-celeb over there, so we could go over and leverage that in our favour by meeting him and going out with him!

I can't comment on what it's like to be black in Russia but I know that as a white guy having visited, if it wasn't for my two buddies being fluent in Russian I would have been fucked. No one speaks English there, the people are unhelpful and cold, and it feels like a mini-police state. So I agree with him that contacts are a must when visiting.

This is definitely my favorite story from his channel :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKm-lGBCGkU

Quote: (01-25-2014 09:31 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

^ He's like Tommy Sotomayor-lite. He's very critical of 'gangster' culture etc. He also slams obese black 'fattitude' women, a lot.

I don't know about that...He admits to liking fat white girls..

He likes this types of girls
[Image: fc36890c7f10fa44239090a30fb759b2.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mqgwij0Uog1rkhkyjo1_500.jpg]

I am the cock carousel

Dude was an actor in TV shows too.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2781606/

^^^ I'm a fan of petite women, but that woman above is a definite WB for me. But then I'm black, lol. During the Renaissance era, her body type was considered ideal. Look at any Reubens or Botticelli painting. Still looks great to me.

Nice video. Filochko or whatever his name is seems really down to Earth, but Eddie looks like an idiot in his cheetah suit.

I plan on heading to Russia this year and this makes Moscow seem even more appealing despite the high cost of living.

Quote: (01-25-2014 12:11 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

During the Renaissance era, her body type was considered ideal. Look at any Reubens or Botticelli painting. Still looks great to me.

That's funny. I guess the availability of food back then was more scarce and a chick with some meat on her bones suggested health and even wealth.

Today, food is cheap and widely available so being overweight is seen as a sign of lack of discipline.

Quote: (01-25-2014 08:58 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I watched the Vice episode a long time ago.
Before I watch the other videos I have to say that, I felt some type of way seeing this dude. I agree with Eddie's view on it at the end of the episode
Yea he may have made a decent living in Russia..but I feel like its at the expense of promoting stereotype. The whole BET black dude isn't what I like to see when I travel the world.
Im a professional dude thats pulled all over Europe and I hate running into those chicks that approach me trying to talk in ebonics..or meeting those random african dudes that are pretending to be from atlanta or NYC walking around in basketball jerseys.

I kinda see where you're coming from but the thing is most people overseas are exposed to black american culture through sports, music and film. But what's interesting is those icons are considered cool and widely emulated. I've been in hookah lounges in places like Tunisia where the workers there would refer to me as "Akon" or walking in some beach town in Chile and a group of teenagers calling me Kobe Bryant. That's basically their "opener" and a way to build bridges. Some of the coolest locals I've met abroad approached me in that kind of way. You make a lot more friends just rolling with the punches and making jokes. I don't think the dude in the video is ignorant at all. He seems to be aware of his environment, and in private I'm sure he explains the nuances of what is or isn't PC in American culture. Like he said, Russians have been saying the n-word to refer to blacks well before he got there, and it's not seen as derogatory. The image is already there and once you hang around people they'll get to know you for who you are. I think it's that connection with people that matters, not the stereotypes that float around. I mean the fact that this guy speaks Russian, teaches English, and comes from America shatters so many misconceptions those people may have about black people. He may even be the first black American they ever met. I'd argue what he's doing is good for black American perceptions. He's not just a mere tourist, he's actually living there making friends and building bridges.

Good channel

At the end of this video he says to just go to NYC if you like Russian girls. I agree with this. Justin Wayne picks up Eastern European girls in NYC all the time. Good advice if you're a black man who wants to date EE girls. Move to NYC.

Quote: (01-25-2014 02:35 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Good channel

At the end of this video he says to just go to NYC if you like Russian girls. I agree with this. Justin Wayne picks up Eastern European girls in NYC all the time. Good advice if you're a black man who wants to date EE girls. Move to NYC.

Unfortunately.... the FSU girls in NYC become Americanized and depending o n time in country they act like Americans..or worst Jewish American princesses(most are jewish).
I have seem some black guys dating FSU girls in NYC but in almost all cases the girl was chunky. But to each their own.
That being said.. They love American music and films,tv, but in the end STILL prefer their own men regardless of where they are!

Quote: (01-25-2014 01:31 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2014 12:11 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

During the Renaissance era, her body type was considered ideal. Look at any Reubens or Botticelli painting. Still looks great to me.

That's funny. I guess the availability of food back then was more scarce and a chick with some meat on her bones suggested health and even wealth.

It was a signifier of social class: an overweight girl came from a wealthy family of good breeding, and was therefore an attractive prospect for marriage, not sex. Their husbands would still be expected to have sex with mistresses and concubines. The Renaissance Elite Prostitutes were the Courtesans, and they're usually depicted as slim. Note the broadness of the maid on her knees compared to the seated Courtesan.

[Image: courtesan_power-293x307.jpg]

Note the waist.

[Image: portraitofawoman.jpg]

^^^ Had a female colleague in NYC who dated a Turkish guy as all his friends dated FSU gals.

May prefer Russian guys for cultural reasons of course, but doesn't always mean they end up with em haha

One of my boys lives in Brooklyn not far from where the Russians are. He says it's like their own little enclave and they are pretty insular. If you were like the guy in the video then that's different because he speaks the language and is familiar with the culture. I think it would take a guy like that to be able to penetrate an ethnic enclave and do well.