rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Off the beaten path in Japan and Poland

I'm considering trips to both Japan and Poland during the next year. I've seen only travel reviews of Tokyo and a few passing mentions of Warsaw or Krakow.

Has anyone done a travel guide or report on cities other than Tokyo in Japan like Kyoto, Nara, or Osaka?

And has anyone really gotten a chance to go in depth in Poland or is it really down to Krakow and Warsaw? And which is better between the two?

Thanks in advance!

Quote: (10-28-2010 04:55 PM)Magister Aurelius Wrote:  

I'm considering trips to both Japan and Poland during the next year. I've seen only travel reviews of Tokyo and a few passing mentions of Warsaw or Krakow.

Has anyone done a travel guide or report on cities other than Tokyo in Japan like Kyoto, Nara, or Osaka?

And has anyone really gotten a chance to go in depth in Poland or is it really down to Krakow and Warsaw? And which is better between the two?

Thanks in advance!

I only did Tokyo....basically all I wanted to see....

I highly recommend you go to lesser known towns in these countries.

My cousin went to a small town in Poland (I don´t remember how it was called) and he cleaned up there.
The thing is he doesn´t look Brazilian at all (dirty blond with green eyes) and even though he had more of an European look and probably wasn´t considered very exotic by Polish standards, he and his friend (who was also white, from the south of Brazil) were the talk of the town during the time they were there. Why?
Precisely because nobody ever visits these small towns!

Quote: (10-29-2010 07:30 AM)Brazilianguy Wrote:  

I highly recommend you go to lesser known towns in these countries.

My cousin went to a small town in Poland (I don´t remember how it was called) and he cleaned up there.
The thing is he doesn´t look Brazilian at all (dirty blond with green eyes) and even though he had more of an European look and probably wasn´t considered very exotic by Polish standards, he and his friend (who was also white, from the south of Brazil) were the talk of the town during the time they were there. Why?
Precisely because nobody ever visits these small towns!

But did they speak Ingles?

I lived in Osaka for a year. It is pretty fun, but everything u can do there, u can do in Tokyo.

I lived there about 4 years ago, so thangs might have changed a bit.

If u want a rundown, lmk.

DonovanVC, yes please on the rundown for Osaka. Many thanks in advance.

Hey I've been to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka.

You can find more info about tokyo in the thread 'the real asian deal'.

I didn't explore the nightlife that well in neither Kyoto nor Osaka, but I can tell you a couple of things.

-Kyoto has a less developed nightlife compared to Osaka. People from Kyoto go to Osaka to party if they want the big night out. I'd assume there is no nightlife in Nara. Basically it is just a little temple excursion from Kyoto.

-Scoring Tokyo-girls is probably as easy as scratching your crotch.

- Sam&Ben or Jim&Dave, something in that fashion, is a club where Gaijins (foreigner) can easily meet chicks in Kyoto.

- Neither Kyoto nor Osaka is off the beaten path - loads of expats stay both places.
If you really wanna seem exotic, hit up Nagoya, Hiroshima, Yokohama, Kobe or any other big industrial Jap city.

Good luck

In terms of meeting girls in Osaka...

For easier girls who are interested in foreign guys, you have these options

1) Pure (Shinsaibashi) - this place is notorious for easy japanese girls. It seems to only be popping on Saturday however. There will be tons of guys there but you can easily find a a girl, and they will usually speak some English. Expect hip hop music and the crowd that brings.

There used to be a party called "WHy not Japan" that would be thrown there as well once a month from like 7-10 pm (before the club opened up). If you paid 35 bucks for that, you get to stay when the club actually opens up (for free) and you get the all you can drink special too. The Why Not japan party is actually a better way to meet girls, the quality is better and it is just more chill (think house party). However it was only once a month.

2) Grand Cafe (Shinsaibashi) - Much classier. Expect house music and a more Japanese crowd. Pretty cool place to chill but found it harder to meet girls.

3) Joule (Ame-Mura) - Lots of hot Japanese girls, but much more of a Japanese environment. Very hard to hook up in unless your japanese is good and u know people. But quality is high here.

4) Club Rock Rock (Ame-mura) - As the name suggests, people who like rock go here. its not a bad place to meet girls I guess. Its turned into more of a visual-kei bar, so that prolly means its harder to meet J-girls. I dont like new rock much so I didnt go here often.

5) Sam and Dave (Umeda) - Prolly easiest place to meet girls. Not as douchey as Pure. But quality can be hit or miss.

I used to know some random bars and stuff u could go to (not great for meeting girls but maybe for day 2s and shit) but I have forgotten the names.

As for daygame, I felt that shit was pretty hard in Japan, with the culture being so stiff. Japanese guys do a lot of daygame (nanpa), but I think if u go to a mall and frame your opener as a tourist, you might have a better chance. There are alot of big department stores around the big stations (Umeda, Shinsaibashi). Also check out Hep 5 in Umeda.

Be aware that Japanese girls take a long time to make plans. So if u get the number, dont expect to meet up like the same week. It often will take like 2+ weeks to get a date. So if ur going for a fast lay, the night club path might be easier.

People are also doing a lot of online dating there. So try Facebook. When I lived there, Myspace was bigger and I fucked a girl just by messaging her.

--

As for tourist stuff goes, there isnt that much in Osaka. It is the home of a lot of good Japanese food.

As for cool places to check out, there is the Sky Biru in Umeda. It has a rose garden at the top. NOt a bad day 2 place.

Tennoji Park in Tennoji is kind of a hidden gem IMO. There is a part of the park that is totally traditionally Japanese, with a bridge. Its pretty beautiful.

There are alot of cool places to check out around the Kansai area (which includes Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe).

If you want to go to a small city in the mountains, check out Sasayama Guchi. Its beautiful and quaint. You can take the Fukuchiyama Train from Amagasaki (a suburb near Osaka) and get there in an hour. The train ride is pretty as well.

Also check out the the longest Suspension bridge in the world in Akashi (on way to Kobe). you can cross it to get to the island which is beautiful and has some sick views of the ocean.

You can go to Suma (on way to Kobe as well). There is a beach there, but some good areas for hiking. few Foreigners go to any of these places so they are nice finds.

Theres alot of other stuff but Im sure lonely planet will have covered for all that.

Thank you DonovanVC and beebopaloo for the detailed info! I definitely plan on hitting the Kansai region and will probably check out other cities that don't get the heavy tourist traffic.

On a general basis, if I'm planning to game the Office Lady scene or other young professional girls like nurses, etc. are clubs the best scene or are there different venues that would be more fruitful?

they all go to the same places. most women in japan have nondescript jobs like "office woman" or "nurse" or "sales associate". u wont meet many doctors or businesswomen or stock brokers or whatever like in the US or England or other countries of the west. (though they exist).

definitely check out pure in osaka. i havent been down to osaka in a few years but apparently for halloween had almost 900 people come thru. it's insane down there. it's a really economical way to get wrecked (if you're into that) because it's a flat fee at the door and you can drink as much as you want.

here's some general tips that i didnt see in the tokyo thread:

gaming chicks in japan is tricky because if they don't know you, they're not gonna wanna talk to you and they're generally pretty awkward socially. if you can (a) meet them in a common situation or (b) create a situation where you're either in the same boat or working towards something you'll have better luck. appealing to their motherly instinct helps a lot too. example:

- a buddy of mine in hawaii used to find a group of good looking j-girls on the beach. he'd sit there next to them with his friends and not talk to them, then leave after a while. 10 minutes later he'd come back and tell them "i lost my keys here i think, can you help me find them?" and the girls would eagerly help. he cleaned up this way.

- another buddy of mine uses the line "my friend here just got a puppy and hasnt decided a name for it yet. what would you choose?" silly canned line, but it gets them EVERY time cuz j-girls love puppies

a tactic i used to use (when id be popping in for a while) would be to pay $20 for a membership to some dating thing (worldfriends.tv or something) and shot-gun blast out some emails. juuuust enough to get your foot in the door and establish some e-rapport. once you get in country, some of them will probably meet you (some will flake). i was visiting for a month once in between jobs and did that and it had good results.

the biggest thing is to be non-threatening and look friendly. if you go to roppongi or even pure, the girls are gonna know why you're there. if you can hook up (figuratively) with a regular guy who they trust and who will introduce you, your odds will skyrocket 10 fold. just make sure it's not a japanese guy (which ill explain later) i never did well just cold-chatting up j-girls, but when i was introduced i had an insane kill ratio.

---> on language:
the more japanese you know, the more it can hurt you when you're on the sniff. if you speak passable japanese, the girls will assume that you've either had a lot of japanese girlfriends or that you're married and being unfaithful. they *wont* assume that you slaved away in college spending hours and hours studying because apparently they assume that the only way american men can learn the language is through osmosis via copulation.

---> on japanese guys
they are "shy", but they will cockblock the fuck out of you. even the ones you think you are cool with. there's no "bro code" and they will sell you out in japanese while smiling at you reassuredly. even guys you dont know. there's also a little joke to live by:
-- what's the difference between a gay japanese and a straight japanese man?
-- about 2 beers

expect to get pawed on by japanese guys. some old dude might wanna practice english with you. just ignore them because they will cockblock you. truuuuuust me. theyll pretend to be hooking you up but theyre just using you as an icebreaker to talk to chicks, then theyll keep you around just to trash you. again.. truuuust me. i used to work at a club in shibuya and ive seen it 100 times.

also, if you're gaming multiple chicks or have a lot of chicks on the side, never ever ever assume that a japanese dude is cool enough to know such information and NOT tell one of your harem members. i had american friends who had steady girlfriends but got a LOT on the side, but j-dudes would rat them out to their GFs in a second.

--> being cool and dressing well will improve your odds with j-girls. i dressed like a dirtbag and did ok, but the 'external view' ("gaiken") means a lot in japanese. be alpha but don't neg or be sarcastic because unless they've been around americans A LOT, they wont understand it.

--> get yourself a cellphone at the airport and learn how to use the text functions. in japan, texting is different -- every phone has a unique email address, which is where you send texts to (and you can text to and from gmail and stuff which is cool). phones from the same company can text back and forth via number, but between companies you use the email. if you can text to j-girls your ability to communicate and setup meetings/dates/etc will increase a LOT, cuz while most japanese folks can read and write some japanese, most cannot speak it worth a damn

--> if you're on a date with a j-girl and she doesnt speak english, don't sweat it. just pretend like you're an english conversation teacher. the most important thing to remember about japanese people is that they're all about the struggle. nothing is worth while in japan unless it's a struggle -- unless they have to "ganbaru" or "gaman" towards a common goal. if you can make your date with a chick a fun little struggle to order and get across meaning, you will simultaneously appeal to her need to struggle and appeal to her "help the wounded baby bird" mother instinct.

--> go out once and establish rapport. make friends. be cool. id take girls to starbucks and hang out for a few hours. this is cheap -- costs $6 or $7 total. at some point during the conversation i would ask if she a) liked going out and drinking or b) liked watching DVDs. at some point right before leaving i would bring it up again, and if i ended up hooking up with a girl it would happen the next time we met or never at all.

--> if you're already out drinking, youll know quickly if a girl is into you. JUST BE CAREFUL CUZ J-GIRLS CANT DRINK AS MUCH AS AMERICANS!! i cant tell you how many times ive seen this backfire. if a girl tells you she doesnt wanna drink anymore cuz she'll get sick, BELIEVE HER.

i have lotsa other info but that's good for now. j-girls are generally nice and mellow, and the daddy issues (THEY ALL HAVE THEM BADLY!!) and craziness doesnt rear its head until youve been hanging out with them for a while. if you find a girl you like, hang out with her during the day and have her show you around. youll get to see some cool stuff that youd never see normally, and you wont be hanging around other travelers all the time. enjoy--

I put something up on here before, but the best pick-up spot in all of Japan is off the beaten path, and a real wacky experience just to check out.

GO TO THE FAKE INDOOR BEACH! It is 400 or so miles south of Sasebo on the Pacific side. The city is called Miyazaki.

It's a giant warehouse with a phony beach inside. There is a TOPLESS SECTION with a phony beach side bar!! You can stay at the hotel attached to it, which is extremely expensive, but really you can only handle 3 or so days there.

If you aren't Japanese, you will stick out like crazy. I went there solo once and just chilled at the bar and waited for sets of 3 and 4 J-girls to come up and ask where I was from.

Find it and go there. Here's a picture:

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/03/31/...each-surf/

Aloha!

Excellent post Paully1976!!!

Fantastic tips Paully1976, many thanks! Would you suggest to feign almost total ignorance of the Japanese language at least for the initial approaches or just keep the use of Japanese to basic conversational minimums, phrases and such? It also sounds from your hints that finding a local ex-pat wingman increases the odds and minimize cockblocking.

Definitely +1. I've had Japan on my radar afte EE, but it sounds like I better get there sooner. =)

Funny, the way you describe Japanese guys is the same way I describe the Brazilian men when I was in Brazil - almost to the T!! I had one Brazilian guy befriend me, and even talk about life, family back home etc, buy me a round - when I opened a 3 set, and a girl was hitting me hard, with lot sof IOI's - that fucking DOUCHE in Portuguese told her I was looking for a good time with no strings attached sex, and had picked her for my fun and for her easy to lay looks. WTF!! Now, he did this while I stepped away 5 minutes to the take a piss, when I was back, she was extremely cold, distant, and 4 hours later that Douche is making out with her. I ultimately found out what happened, when I caught her girlfriend outside, and she told me what was said about me to her friend by supposedly my "wingman".

So, I gave him a taste of his own medicine. In portuguese, I went up to both of them, and in front of his face told her in Portuguese "I see his cock-blocking beta plan to get her in bed worked by lying about my intentions - I then I told him he owed me one for stepping away while he did it." - I walked away.

I trust Brazilian guys as far as I can throw them..and that goes for anything in my life - even when I work professionally with one. Back-stabbing mofo's while they smile in your face.

Now, ironically, Brazil has the highest population of Japanese immigrants in the world, especially Sao Paulo - go figure.

Mixx

thats good to know, because I am generally overly trustworthy, assuming others are honest etc etc.... excellent review.

Quote:Quote:

Fantastic tips Paully1976, many thanks! Would you suggest to feign almost total ignorance of the Japanese language at least for the initial approaches or just keep the use of Japanese to basic conversational minimums, phrases and such? It also sounds from your hints that finding a local ex-pat wingman increases the odds and minimize cockblocking.

hmm.. lemme think about how to phrase this...

how you use language in japan will affect the "power" dynamic between yourself and a girl. two important things to remember is a) they will assume you speak very little japanese and b) they will feel bad about not being able to speak english. it's weird, but it's consistently the case, and as a result your value is higher because you speakum english and she doesnt. you'll hear them say "well, i should be better at english, im sorry." even though you're in japan. either way, keep the conversation "based on" english, but make it seem like you're interested in learning the language. it'll be like a little game and theyll get a big kick out of it and it'll make it seem like you're interested in the country while (again) appealing to their mothering instinct.

Quote:Quote:

Now, ironically, Brazil has the highest population of Japanese immigrants in the world, especially Sao Paulo - go figure.

yeah, and they can get a visa to come back to japan to work pretty easily, and the women are (in my opinion) some of the hottest on the planet cuz of the combination of looks and attitude. a lot of them work as strippers in roppongi.

another comment on wingmen/drinking in general in japan -- when i got out of the military and moved to tokyo (with nothing) id hit the town by myself, and i came up with a pretty good system. the bars in the hotzones dont really get poppin until pretty late, so id show up at like 9 and id sidle up to the bar and start drinking my usual vodka and tonics. since there was no one else there id usually strike up a conversation with the bartender (usually an expat like me) about this or that, and when i got my drink i'd be sure to tip. this is huge because there is no expectation to tip in japan. so now the bartender likes you and starts hookin up your drinks strong like. i like getting fucked up and japan is expensive so this was nice and now you're "friends" with the staff and almost get instant "regular" status. this will require not being a douchebag of course. just sit there and chill and remain lowkey. here's why:

ive heard lotsa expat bartenders talk about (and seen it with my own eyes) their "fans". packs of chicks who like them. anyway, befriending a bartender will get you access to their fans -- remember what i said in my previous post about your success rate skyrocketing if you have an "in"? for the cost of a couple tips, you'll be introduced all night to packs of chicks. the staff will bring chicks over and sit them next to you and introduce you to them all night long, and the girls wont see you as a threat. i was shocked at how this consistently played out every time i used this going-out tactic.

getting "adopted" by groups is one of the best ways to make boozing friends, get a "crew", and meet chicks. it seemed like whenever i went out by myself id end up being absorbed by a group of europeans, chicks, etc, and it was always a blast full of weird side adventures, and im not even particularly extroverted.

Quote: (11-03-2010 11:35 PM)paully1976 Wrote:  

definitely check out pure in osaka. i havent been down to osaka in a few years but apparently for halloween had almost 900 people come thru. it's insane down there. it's a really economical way to get wrecked (if you're into that) because it's a flat fee at the door and you can drink as much as you want.

here's some general tips that i didnt see in the tokyo thread:

gaming chicks in japan is tricky because if they don't know you, they're not gonna wanna talk to you and they're generally pretty awkward socially. if you can (a) meet them in a common situation or (b) create a situation where you're either in the same boat or working towards something you'll have better luck. appealing to their motherly instinct helps a lot too. example:

- a buddy of mine in hawaii used to find a group of good looking j-girls on the beach. he'd sit there next to them with his friends and not talk to them, then leave after a while. 10 minutes later he'd come back and tell them "i lost my keys here i think, can you help me find them?" and the girls would eagerly help. he cleaned up this way.

- another buddy of mine uses the line "my friend here just got a puppy and hasnt decided a name for it yet. what would you choose?" silly canned line, but it gets them EVERY time cuz j-girls love puppies

a tactic i used to use (when id be popping in for a while) would be to pay $20 for a membership to some dating thing (worldfriends.tv or something) and shot-gun blast out some emails. juuuust enough to get your foot in the door and establish some e-rapport. once you get in country, some of them will probably meet you (some will flake). i was visiting for a month once in between jobs and did that and it had good results.

the biggest thing is to be non-threatening and look friendly. if you go to roppongi or even pure, the girls are gonna know why you're there. if you can hook up (figuratively) with a regular guy who they trust and who will introduce you, your odds will skyrocket 10 fold. just make sure it's not a japanese guy (which ill explain later) i never did well just cold-chatting up j-girls, but when i was introduced i had an insane kill ratio.

---> on language:
the more japanese you know, the more it can hurt you when you're on the sniff. if you speak passable japanese, the girls will assume that you've either had a lot of japanese girlfriends or that you're married and being unfaithful. they *wont* assume that you slaved away in college spending hours and hours studying because apparently they assume that the only way american men can learn the language is through osmosis via copulation.

---> on japanese guys
they are "shy", but they will cockblock the fuck out of you. even the ones you think you are cool with. there's no "bro code" and they will sell you out in japanese while smiling at you reassuredly. even guys you dont know. there's also a little joke to live by:
-- what's the difference between a gay japanese and a straight japanese man?
-- about 2 beers

expect to get pawed on by japanese guys. some old dude might wanna practice english with you. just ignore them because they will cockblock you. truuuuuust me. theyll pretend to be hooking you up but theyre just using you as an icebreaker to talk to chicks, then theyll keep you around just to trash you. again.. truuuust me. i used to work at a club in shibuya and ive seen it 100 times.

also, if you're gaming multiple chicks or have a lot of chicks on the side, never ever ever assume that a japanese dude is cool enough to know such information and NOT tell one of your harem members. i had american friends who had steady girlfriends but got a LOT on the side, but j-dudes would rat them out to their GFs in a second.

--> being cool and dressing well will improve your odds with j-girls. i dressed like a dirtbag and did ok, but the 'external view' ("gaiken") means a lot in japanese. be alpha but don't neg or be sarcastic because unless they've been around americans A LOT, they wont understand it.

--> get yourself a cellphone at the airport and learn how to use the text functions. in japan, texting is different -- every phone has a unique email address, which is where you send texts to (and you can text to and from gmail and stuff which is cool). phones from the same company can text back and forth via number, but between companies you use the email. if you can text to j-girls your ability to communicate and setup meetings/dates/etc will increase a LOT, cuz while most japanese folks can read and write some japanese, most cannot speak it worth a damn

--> if you're on a date with a j-girl and she doesnt speak english, don't sweat it. just pretend like you're an english conversation teacher. the most important thing to remember about japanese people is that they're all about the struggle. nothing is worth while in japan unless it's a struggle -- unless they have to "ganbaru" or "gaman" towards a common goal. if you can make your date with a chick a fun little struggle to order and get across meaning, you will simultaneously appeal to her need to struggle and appeal to her "help the wounded baby bird" mother instinct.

--> go out once and establish rapport. make friends. be cool. id take girls to starbucks and hang out for a few hours. this is cheap -- costs $6 or $7 total. at some point during the conversation i would ask if she a) liked going out and drinking or b) liked watching DVDs. at some point right before leaving i would bring it up again, and if i ended up hooking up with a girl it would happen the next time we met or never at all.

--> if you're already out drinking, youll know quickly if a girl is into you. JUST BE CAREFUL CUZ J-GIRLS CANT DRINK AS MUCH AS AMERICANS!! i cant tell you how many times ive seen this backfire. if a girl tells you she doesnt wanna drink anymore cuz she'll get sick, BELIEVE HER.

i have lotsa other info but that's good for now. j-girls are generally nice and mellow, and the daddy issues (THEY ALL HAVE THEM BADLY!!) and craziness doesnt rear its head until youve been hanging out with them for a while. if you find a girl you like, hang out with her during the day and have her show you around. youll get to see some cool stuff that youd never see normally, and you wont be hanging around other travelers all the time. enjoy--

Good advice man. But I disagree about re: 1) knowing japanese and 2) japanese guys.

1) As for knowing japanese, the better I got at Japanese, the hotter dates I got. IMO, if you know decent Japanese, alot of girls just wontt even wonder at all how you got good, they would just roll with it and enjoy the benefits of being able to speak in greater detail with u (esp. if their english sucked).

That was my experience at least. Most of the guys I saw with really hot chicks knew good japanese. The guys that didnt, dated the very average looking "eigo" hunters unless their game was good.

2) As for Japanese guys being cockblocks, I have to disagree a bit there too. I think if u went to a club, befriend a japanese guy and have him be your wingman, he will tend to barge your sets. I had a friend like that. He would wait for me to approach, and when I did, he would join in and then kind of "take over" since his Japanese was obviously way better.

However, I made friends with some Japanese guys, in a non-gaming context, and when we would go out, these guys were a HUGE help. They would open for me, introduce me...or if I opened, they would wing valiantly. One of the biggest ways the game opened up for me when I lived in Osaka was making good Japanese guy friends. However, u do have to go out of ur way to a good amount to befriend them. Alot of them are not used to western guys giving a shit about being their friend.

Quote: (11-04-2010 08:48 PM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

Good advice man. But I disagree about re: 1) knowing japanese

I've been in love with J-girls my entire life. You aren't going to get very far with very many of them if you don't speak Japanese.

The absolute best way to catch them off guard and get them comfortable with you is to all of a sudden bust out their language. Watch how giggly and goosebumpy they get when some guy who clearly isn't Japanese busts out some lingo.

I just don't see how you could be very successful with J-girls without a good grip on Japanese??

Aloha!

Has anyone been to Sapporo? That's as about as far off the beaten path you can get in Japan it would seem. I've been to Tokyo and Oki. The main concern is the amount of english spoken that far north. The only real info I've found is here:

http://www.yamasa.org/japan/english/dest...ukino.html

Sapporo seems to have a lot of potential and maybe less expats. I remember someone saying the j-girls looked different up north. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Aloha- You've peeked my curiosity about Miyazaki. It's been put on my list.

Thanks Gents![Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (11-04-2010 12:18 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Definitely +1. I've had Japan on my radar afte EE, but it sounds like I better get there sooner. =)

Funny, the way you describe Japanese guys is the same way I describe the Brazilian men when I was in Brazil - almost to the T!! I had one Brazilian guy befriend me, and even talk about life, family back home etc, buy me a round - when I opened a 3 set, and a girl was hitting me hard, with lot sof IOI's - that fucking DOUCHE in Portuguese told her I was looking for a good time with no strings attached sex, and had picked her for my fun and for her easy to lay looks. WTF!! Now, he did this while I stepped away 5 minutes to the take a piss, when I was back, she was extremely cold, distant, and 4 hours later that Douche is making out with her. I ultimately found out what happened, when I caught her girlfriend outside, and she told me what was said about me to her friend by supposedly my "wingman".

So, I gave him a taste of his own medicine. In portuguese, I went up to both of them, and in front of his face told her in Portuguese "I see his cock-blocking beta plan to get her in bed worked by lying about my intentions - I then I told him he owed me one for stepping away while he did it." - I walked away.

I trust Brazilian guys as far as I can throw them..and that goes for anything in my life - even when I work professionally with one. Back-stabbing mofo's while they smile in your face.

Mixx

Damn, that's a bummer man. I could see this happening. I have some really great brazilian guy friends though. I get along with Brazilian men well and feel they are trust worthy. Most of the ones I know, and this goes for many people in brazil all together, are very loyal and cherish people close to them, especially good friends and family. When I went to Brazil at first, I'll admit a good portion or my ententions were to go there and bang the local women, but obviously wanted a vacation as well. After weing there a month and a half I was taken in by how great the people were. I had multiple famlies put me up in there homes for a month + and I would ask my friends, "Don't your parents get sick of having me here, should I leave." They would always say it's no problem and they enjoyed my company. They fed me 3 meals a day and made sure that I always had clean clothes, yet they expected nothing from me other than my friendship. The culture and people made my intentions of traveling to brazil go from banging the local women to embracing and getting to love the people and places I was meeting. Even my girlfriends mother, though I'm not sure she was such a big fan of me (I had a feeling she was affraid I was gonna try and take her daughter back with me to the US) they still invited me over for dinner every night and washed my clothes for me, made me feel like part of the family. In my opinion, Brazilian people are much more hospital and open than Americans. I only have a handful of friends in the US whos parents would do what almost every Brazilian family I met would do, and that's only because they are friends I know from way back and have established great relationships with their families over the years. These Brazilian families I met, I showed up at their doorsteps having never met them before.

Paully,
Great tip sheet on Japan and dating in Japan, very much appreciated man. I'm very seriously thinking of a short side trip there in early Jan 2011. Tell me, how cold does it get there around that time of the year?

Thanks man.

Agreed. This is an awesome thread, with some insight into how to game in a unique culture using tactics that are tailored for it. Especially great posts by Paully. Lol..Paully has only 2 posts, both in this thread, and already 2 reps, so some others agree.

Quote: (11-13-2010 05:23 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Paully,
Great tip sheet on Japan and dating in Japan, very much appreciated man. I'm very seriously thinking of a short side trip there in early Jan 2011. Tell me, how cold does it get there around that time of the year?

Thanks man.

From what I know of that part of the world in January, it will be freezing. But maybe someone who has specific Japan winter experience can also answer.

Quote: (11-11-2010 11:52 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Has anyone been to Sapporo? That's as about as far off the beaten path you can get in Japan it would seem. I've been to Tokyo and Oki. The main concern is the amount of english spoken that far north. The only real info I've found is here:

http://www.yamasa.org/japan/english/dest...ukino.html

Sapporo seems to have a lot of potential and maybe less expats. I remember someone saying the j-girls looked different up north. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Yes, Hokkaido is definitely as off the beaten path as it gets in Japan. If your going there to live, and can stand the weather (cold winters), then that's the place to go to get the furthest away from modern Japan. I have a strong desire to visit Hokkaido myself one day, to experience whatever natural preservation that the remoteness might bestow on traditional Japanese society.