rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Calgary

Calgary

About to hop on a plane back to the US. Only got to spend four days here and wish I was spending a couple more. Datasheet provided below.

Synopsis: A little small. A little bit country. But the locals are insanely friendly and the girls are just as easy.

The City: The city itself isn't so great. Unless you're really into nature (great mountains, lakes and parks nearby), you'll get bored here pretty quickly. DEFINITELY rent a car, or else you're more or less stranded in the downtown area -- and you'll be chained to your hotel room and bars. Prices are actually fairly expensive. They're the old Canadian dollar prices, except before the Canadian dollar equaled the US dollar, so $13 for a burger and fries or $3 for a bottle of coke is fairly standard.

The Nightlife: Nightlife is decent overall, and for a city of this size, it's phenomenal. Everything worth going to seems to be within a few block downtown, which makes it convenient. 17th Ave is the strip with the bar scene. Everything from dives, to sports bars, to nicer lounge-like places.

9th and 10th Ave have the clubs. The clubs here have the higher quality girls, but they're also 18+ and the average age is definitely on the low end. It may just be me, but I have little patience for dealing with stupid teenagers who can't hold their liquor, or 18-year-old girls who are completely inexperienced and immature. But that's just me.

8th Ave has a bunch of nice restaurants that are popping for the happy hour crowd and turns into more upscale clubs at night. More of a young professional scene. Decent quality. The happy hour crowd was one of the biggest I've ever seen.

Recommendations: Melrose was the best place I found on 17th Ave. It's big too, which helps. Roadhouse on 9th Ave is the Thursday night place. Weekends, you can't really go wrong anywhere from what I could see.

Quality of Girls: Again, for a city this size, very good. In general, just decent. I'd put it on par with a lower B-list city like Chicago or Minneapolis. Nothing to get super excited about, but good enough that you have something to work with.

Ease of Hook Up: Very, very high. One of the easiest places I've ever found outside of Vegas. Definitely the easiest (besides Vegas) I've found in North America, and I've been out in almost every major North American city.

It's not so much that the girls are really sexual (actually, they're not), it's just that everybody is so friggin' nice and passive. Just to give you an example, first night here, I was walking around looking for a good place to get a drink. I stopped this cute chick in business attire, probably in late 20's, to ask her for a recommendation. We talked for a minute, flirted a bit, and she says, "Here, hop in my car, I'll drive you." Uh... OK. That never happens in America. So we drive around and I invite her in to get a drink with me. She obliges, hangs out for a minute, gives me her number, kisses me and tells me to call her over the weekend.

When I called her, she immediately tried to get me to come to her house. When I told her I didn't have a car, she said, "Oh, well, I'll come to your hotel then." She comes over and we bang.

There just doesn't seem to be any bullshit head games or ulterior motives going on here. Every number I got was extremely responsive. Another girl I met up with, when we set a time and place, she texted me, "Yay, can't wait!!! [Image: smile.gif]"

Now, I know plenty of girls have THOUGHT that when I've set up dates with them, but how many American girls would actually ever tell you that?

The problem with that one was she was 19, completely naive (grew up in a small town and just moved to the "big city." Yeah... she called Calgary "the big city.") and a little bit overwhelmed by my advances. I'm convinced if I had stayed here longer, she would have slept with me, but oh well...

The last girl... wasn't that into her. She was a server at one of the late-night restaurants and never got off work until 1AM, so logistics were just terrible every night. Finally the last night, in a last ditch effort, I just texted her to come meet me when she got off work, which was like 1:30AM and everything closes at 2AM. Keep in mind, she had spent all of 15 minutes talking to me two days prior, so I totally expected her to decline and/or flake. To my surprise, she immediately agreed and showed up. Unfortunately, I only had like 30 minutes to work with and well... she was really boring and not that hot, so I let that one go.

I rarely, if ever, got a rude response or rejection to any of my approaches. In fact, this is one of those cities in which people just politely chit-chat with each other everywhere. Guys coming up and talking to you while pissing in the urinals (always awkward), some old man started talking to me about my haircut (???) in the mall. People are just really, really, really friendly here... not to mention a little naive I think, so most of your approaches are assumed to be innocent.

But again, because of this and the lower average age, you need to be very clear that you're hitting on the girl. Whereas an American girl would just assume you're hitting on her, or just know it... girls in Calgary seem to just assume you want to be friends unless you make things explicit. People are definitely not overtly sexual here.

Finally, advantages-wise... I think black guys and Latino guys may have a slight edge. I saw no more than 2-3 of each the whole time I was here. And I actually hung out with a mulatto guy the first night in town and was amazed when 3-4 girls just walked up and started touching his afro.

Stampede Week: Unfortunately, I'm going to be missing this. But from what I understand, this is a legit event and worth showing up for. From what I gather, it's kind of a bizarro rodeo version of Carnaval. They set up a big festival on fair grounds just outside of downtown. They have all the carnival rides, rodeos going on, and outdoor bars going all day. The gist of it was that you hang out at the fair all day and mingle with people, and then you bounce to downtown bars at night. Every night of the week is supposed to be hopping and everyone said it was a ton of fun.

Probably the ideal way to to Calgary is to do Stampede Week and then maybe take another week and hit the nearby lakes or maybe go camping or something. The mountains really are amazing here. The snowboarding/skiing is also supposed to be fantastic. But honestly, it get soooo fucking cold here in the winter, I don't know if I could put up with it.

Other than that, I don't think I would live here. I think 2-3 weeks and you'd be maxed out on the place. In the grand scheme of things, there's just not enough going on and it just feels very small. But the girls are easy and pretty enough, so it's worth a stop-by for any international playboy.

Calgary

Excellent Data Sheet!!!

Well, You mentioned lots of drunk young girls, and hell, we all love bangin 18 year olds, but none of us have the patience to put up with their immature shit! So, I am going to amp up my direct and very bold game to bang 'em as fast as I can, w/o having to wait around for them to piss me off with immature play.

The small cities like Calgary are truly gems, especially when girls are so naive that they are clueless about all the sexually sinister plans happening in your head the very first moment you open them... [Image: smile.gif]

I love nature, so I think a combination of a city where I can truly score effortlessly, and enjoy some fantastic scenery is a paradise to me.

You definitely got me reved up now.

Mixx

Calgary

Oh, last minute tip: Rotana Cafe on 6th ave and 6th street. Sweet little hookah bar. PERFECT place to bounce a hottie. Great atmosphere. Nice booths to get close with a hookah. I stayed in the 5 Calgary Hotel, which is just around the corner (5th ave and 5th street), so it was perfect little spot to bounce girls to and then back to the hotel.

Calgary

Very accurate picture of Calgary, Entropy.

Good looking girls, easy to hook up, boring city, decent nightlife, exceptional nature outside the city.

Exactly the same as when I left it.

Calgary

Edmonton is a city about one and a half hours by car north of Calgary which, by the sounds of it, you'd find to be almost exactly the same as Calgary.

Calgary

Awesome review, I've been intrigued with this place. Gotta add it to the list of potential future destinations now.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Calgary

Quote: (06-27-2010 02:10 PM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

Oh, last minute tip: Rotana Cafe on 6th ave and 6th street. Sweet little hookah bar. PERFECT place to bounce a hottie. Great atmosphere. Nice booths to get close with a hookah. I stayed in the 5 Calgary Hotel, which is just around the corner (5th ave and 5th street), so it was perfect little spot to bounce girls to and then back to the hotel.

Entropy, I just got on my Google Earth app, and searched the location of this hookah bar. I also saw Melrose that you recommended, and was able to se all the surroundings as if I were literally standing at the front door [Image: smile.gif] looks like a cowgirl type place - so, what made this place so special? Was it extremely easy to close girls at this particular location over others? Were the ratio of women to men greater?

Google Earth is amazing on how it can place you there, as if you were standing there with 3D views and all!

from what I see on Google earth 3D images, Calgary looks like a small city - so, would you say that both day game, and night game were good, or one gave you better results than the other?

Calgary

Melrose is recommended because of size and quantity. It's 2-3 times larger than any other bar on 17th and was packed both times I went.

Day game was actually very slow downtown and I didn't have a whole lot of luck with the little I did. But night game was so easy that I didn't really care.

Calgary

Last night, I saw a show on the Calgary Stampede and it looked wild, girls going crazy and all. I'm really thinking of going there for next year's Stampede in July 2011 but I'd like to get the low down on it from guys in here who have been there either this year or the previous years. Is it really as wild as it seemed in the show or were the girls wild because they were on TV? Mixx, did you make it to the Stampede this year? if yes, would like to see a report on it bro.

Calgary

I sent about 40 emails to decent looking women in Calgary asking about Stampede for shits and giggles. To my surprise a good majority of them all replied and have started gaming the higher ends. I might just book a trip to stampede this year.....

Calgary

Quote: (04-19-2012 10:32 AM)chyamor Wrote:  

I sent about 40 emails to decent looking women in Calgary asking about Stampede for shits and giggles. To my surprise a good majority of them all replied and have started gaming the higher ends. I might just book a trip to stampede this year.....

Stampede is a good time, Calgary is usually a pretty up tight city, but the people really do let loose during Stampede, I'll likely be there this year too. If you're going to make the trip, I'd also plan on checking out Banff national park and Lake Louise.

Calgary

Nice post, still deciding this, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, or Ottawa.

Calgary

I have been living in Calgary since 2010 and there are a few things I think are worth mentioning.
Alberta's economy is dominated by petroleum industry and Calgary is the center of that industry and that = Sausage fest
This means male to female ratio is almost 3 sometimes 4 to 1 in bars and clubs, girls go out in packs, being an American does not carry any weight here (speaking from experience). Calgary is a rich city so flashing $ will not take you far ( remember the average income in Alberta, and Calgary region $
74000 USD, much higher than Canadian and US national average)
After 6 years of coming and going to Calgary I can tell you that is it almost impossible to find a girl with no tattoo in this city.
it is the one of the most Americanized cities in Canada ( Texas of north is the nickname given to Alberta)
the main night life spot are 17th ave,8th ave and 10th ave. if you are staying at a place that takes more than 5-7 min taxi ride to get to, don't even bother to think of one night stands.
Calgary is basically a colder version of Huston.
in my humble opinion the best game matter of fact the only game that can lead to a bang is being an
Alpha-douchebag

Calgary

That pretty much matches what I said in my report when I was there for Stampede with some exceptions. Do you think wings make a difference? I never had the chance to work with one but I was under the impression that one would've helped in many situations.

Calgary

I don't know @CPmanson those are just a lot of data stats being pointed up.... What is the context behind them? Your not peeling the layers. OP provide much more context and he was only there for 3 days and its 4 years old and yet his post rings more true to me and what I experienced in my times in Calgary.

Calgary does indeed have a lot of men in suits working petroleum but its not like Edmonton that has all the workers. Those Calgary suits pull big bank and have another world to party in. If that is your scene your going to compete with them but the city is big enough to find your own nieches. You both might have steaks and drinks at the Keg but its your choice if you want to stay there to try and game with the suits, or go party at another lounge that's better with less oil money swirling around unnecessaraly.

I've never had a problem pulling girls in Calgary (closing/conversion is tricky for the reasons below) .

Calgary worst issue, is the issue of logistics, as the city is larger in land area then New York City. Driving from the north to the south can take you two hours it seems and if you live in a shitty quadrant of the city like SE no girls are going to travel that far to fuck you. The C-Train is a glorified LIRR type commuter train since everybody works downtown its packed going to work but its useless using unless you live right beside a station and your end point is downtown. Downtown is fairly dead IMO so its a useless system outside of work hours, you must drive or live/stay in a disrisble quadrant like the up-and-comming East Village, or an area like Beltline which will cost you big cash.

The girls there are nieve and supper aloof and east just like like the OP mentioned. They are not scowling hard up Canadians like Toronto women and will simply treat every interaction with basic Canadian decency unless you turn them off from you. If your with and have game you cab twist this Canadian nativity into bangs really easily.

Its true that Calgary has outgrown its American swag list but IMO if your not cool about it then its always going to be DOA. She isn't stupid and knows your America . Hell I can point out Americans from a group without them even talking just because they are generally bland looking and dress poorly. Right off the bat she knows your in her city for some boring work stuff so you have to come correct e h the vibe that your different and fun versus some typical Nordstrom shopping bore. Some cool Cali kid just passing through on a cross Canada trip will interest her more then some suit from Chicago working in a lifeless office tower downtown.

Calgary's biggest knock aside from logistics is the quality. IMO you find more exotic and hotter sluts in Edmonton. Calgary is full of garden stock Ukrainian or German style Canadian girls whom have redneck blood since many Calgary people migrate from Saskatchewan next door. Nothing wrong with that but once you remove the fatties and the plain jane rednecks you start to realize your not left with much if thata all your into. Calgary dosnt have elite level hotties for its size, they are there... but as I said, Edmonton has more pure hotties for its smaller size

Calgary has a good number of Asian girls though, a large clust of then and they all look real hot, same with bougie South Asians. Thier men are aggressive at cockblocking so you would have to put in the time working into thier social circle to get at the women but they are down. Especially the Asian girls since my good friends in C-town are Asian I was able to flex that angle real good last time I was there.

IMO the hottest girls I seen out consistelty there were Asian, this is very underrated thing about the city that does not get blasted much.

You have to stick out there aa its a mono culture of rednecks, big money, and white people. For me standing out is going to Vicious Circle and being the only black dude in there with a crowd that is 90% Asian. You quickly get looks and its easy to make conversations happen that way.

Calgary "boom times" are over IMO. This isn't 1999 when money was literally in the trees. The economy there has matured and stabalized and though it is still a power house what you see now is the output of the boom, not a boom itself. The most importsnt part of that boom is the now young girls 16-20 whom are bougie from growing up with wealthy parents. This has changed the dynamic of the city since before it was mostly migrant girls from else where in Canada, or local Prairie redneck girls from Grand Prairie.

Calgary

I went to Calgary this past summer during the Stampede and I have to say, it was a waste of time. Maybe it was because I was alone and didn't really know the city.

I went to quite a few of the bars/clubs on 10th/17th, etc and didn't hook up at all. There were more dudes than girls and the girls were all in groups.

Back at my hotel, I tried talking to one of the cleaning ladies. I asked her if she would like to go on a date sometime and she blew me off and gave me a 'how dare you ask me that' look.

I don't think I will waste my time going back there again....

Calgary

No need to be bitter at an entire city because you have weak game. ^^^
The Calgary stampede has thousands of hot drunk girls. I'm not sure what spots you were in.

Calgary

It happens sometimes...

My experience in Calgary was bland, its good for a visit and the stampede but the real visit everyone has to do is Banff. The nightlife is fun during summer but crazy especially winter, full of french canadians, australians, english, new zealanders and canadians ski bums coming for a ski bum season. Lot of things happened there. My uncle did it when he was young, stayed 6 months, he had the time of his life. Plus all the amazing scenery, it's a gem hidden in the mountains and only 1h from Calgary. Basically people go there to ski, hike, party and fuck. I met a lot of germans there also.

Calgary

Found this chart on reddit for where to go out for a drink in Calgary, might come handy with Stampede starting tomorrow.
[Image: LFFpkfk.jpg]

Calgary

Enjoy. Stampede is certainly an interesting experience. And if you don't know how to do a basic two-step, I'd really recommend learning how because it will come in very useful at some point. You won't find any shortage of girls willing to dance and may even get approached by a few.

Calgary

Nice, I am down in Longview visiting family for a wedding I hate to miss the Dogey Do but looks like Stampede for me this year is at the ranch and Longview Hall.

Have fun. Stampede cowgirls

Calgary

Quote: (07-02-2015 10:44 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Nice, I am down in Longview visiting family for a wedding I hate to miss the Dogey Do but looks like Stampede for me this year is at the ranch and Longview Hall.

Laner does that mean you'll be at Stampede this year? I'm on the fence, I just got back to Etown from a stint up north but have a month of partying ahead of me, I know that a couple of Edmonton based RVF boys are heading down tomorrow, I may take a quick trip down Saturday to check it out.

Calgary

Quote: (07-03-2015 01:44 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (07-02-2015 10:44 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Laner does that mean you'll be at Stampede this year? I'm on the fence, I just got back to Etown from a stint up north but have a month of partying ahead of me, I know that a couple of Edmonton based RVF boys are heading down tomorrow, I may take a quick trip down Saturday to check it out.

No I will be out on the ranch until Sunday then I am off to Revelstoke I have to be back in Van on Wednesday to take care of some work. I love Stampede though, I wish I could stay this year we have a good stack of tickets and family will be going to party for saddle bronc and barrel racing finals and my dad and his buddies know a lot of the chuck families so will be there as well. Not to mention all the parties.....

Scotion keep this a bit of a secret but the Dogie Do is THE BEST ticket at the Stampede. $250 tickets, amazing dinner, free drinks and the best part.... the liquored up amateur rodeo. The ambulances just line up outside. Also the best networking event of the rodeo. All the big players are there.

Calgary

I think I'm going to skip Stampede this year because I have two weddings coming up, one in the BC interior near Kelowna and another in Halifax so I'm saving my money and liver for those. I know that a few RVF oil sands fellas from Edmonton and driving down this weekend, should be a fun time.

Calgary

Canadian flew over Calgary in chair carried by balloons

Happy stampeding.