rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Steroid thread

The Steroid thread

Anybody here use anabolic steroids? What is the best steroid out there? Is D-bol extinct?

The Steroid thread

What are you trying to accomplish & how old are you? Honestly, I would only take it when I reach my limit (that usually takes 3-4yrs of training & dieting).

The Steroid thread

Trying to get ripped, I am 23, 5'7 and 150 lbs. I can't seem to pack on a great deal of muscle, I trained Starting Strength for 6 months and only gained 5 lbs, and then I did 5x5 for 3 months, and I only gained very little strength.

My stats are weak:
Bench 145x3
Squat 145x5
Deadlift 225x10
Biceps Curl 70x5

Quite weak as you can tell!

The Steroid thread

Quote: (09-17-2012 11:49 PM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

Trying to get ripped, I am 23, 5'7 and 150 lbs. I can't seem to pack on a great deal of muscle, I trained Starting Strength for 6 months and only gained 5 lbs, and then I did 5x5 for 3 months, and I only gained very little strength.

My stats are weak:
Bench 145x3
Squat 145x5
Deadlift 225x10
Biceps Curl 70x5

If you did heavy compound lifts for 9 months, and those are your numbers, then you did something seriously wrong.

How much whole milk did you drink each day? How many calories did you eat each day? How many grams of protein?

I HIGHLY doubt steroids are the answer to your question. EATING is the answer to your question. Steroids have their place, but you are simply looking for a shortcut.

Let me leave you with some words of wisdom from Mark Rippetoe:

Quote:Quote:

There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are a pussy. Let me be clear here: if you'd rather take steroids than do your squats heavy and drink enough milk, then you are a fucking Pussy. I have no time or patience for fucking Pussies. Please tell everyone you know that I said this.

The Steroid thread

Quote: (09-18-2012 12:05 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

My stats are weak:
Bench 145x3
Squat 145x5
Deadlift 225x10
Biceps Curl 70x5

If you did heavy compound lifts for 9 months, and those are your numbers, then you did something seriously wrong.

How much whole milk did you drink each day? How many calories did you eat each day? How many grams of protein?

I HIGHLY doubt steroids are the answer to your question. EATING is the answer to your question. Steroids have their place, but you are simply looking for a shortcut.

Let me leave you with some words of wisdom from Mark Rippetoe:

Quote:Quote:

There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are a pussy. Let me be clear here: if you'd rather take steroids than do your squats heavy and drink enough milk, then you are a fucking Pussy. I have no time or patience for fucking Pussies. Please tell everyone you know that I said this.

Well I used to drink at least 1 liter low fat milk daily and have chicken thighs and breasts for lunch and dinner.I'd say I had about 2000 - 2400 calories, around 120 g protein, 300g carbs, 85g fat. These days I eat 1800 calories, and my main target is cut my body fat down, but it ain't working either, this is why I thought I should try an anabolic steroid or something. I just ordered Triazole by the way!

The Steroid thread

Do the exact opposite of what you've already done and you should be packing on the pounds.

The Steroid thread

classic 1st cycle run 500mg test e/wk + 50 mg tren ace/ed

dbols alive & cookin lol

whatcya wanna do em for? Just aesthetics? Or actual physical performance?

The Steroid thread

Jesus the guy wasn't eating NEARLY enough and you're encouraging him to do cycles?

He said he drank a LITER of low fat, starting strength requires a GALLON of FULL FAT.

1800 calories? ! While lifting weights....?

It's way way too low. You are starving yourself. Maybe you just want to be really ripped?

The Steroid thread

Quote: (09-18-2012 12:20 AM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

Well I used to drink at least 1 liter low fat milk daily and have chicken thighs and breasts for lunch and dinner.I'd say I had about 2000 - 2400 calories, around 120 g protein, 300g carbs, 85g fat. These days I eat 1800 calories, and my main target is cut my body fat down, but it ain't working either, this is why I thought I should try an anabolic steroid or something. I just ordered Triazole by the way!

Unless you are a 120lb woman, you are not eating enough. Bro, go to the Nutrition forum at Bodybuilding.com. You don't need steroids, you need to throw some food down your face. 1 liter of low fat milk? That's not even breakfast.

Quote: (09-18-2012 12:20 AM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

I just ordered Triazole by the way!

Can you return it for some cans of tuna?

The Steroid thread

Steroids are not the answer!

Continue to use Starting Strength. Have you used Creatine? Have you used it in combination with Leucine, Glutamine, and Whey? How much do you eat? I eat >4000 cals/day and can't gain fat if I tried, and I'm eating eggs, nuts, salad, chicken and steak every day.

Give it a shot. I've been on a diet of high intensity exercise and these supplements the past six months and I've noticed surprising growths of strength and testosterone.

Creatine extracts water from the muscle as well as builds them, giving them the 'look'. Whey is the essential building block muscle protein. Glutamine is a carb that allows the protein to get into the muscle faster after an intense lifting session. Leucine is an essential amino acid that allows muscle growth and building of stamina. I'm no expert on Leucine, but an analogy that makes sense is that the tollway for protein to enter the muscle when using Leucine lasts longer and is open wider.

I'm no expert on supplements, but going to the gym with someone who puts up 400lbs on the bench is 190lbs, leads me to believe that whatever is told to me is close to the truth.

The Steroid thread

''I trained Starting Strength for 6 months and only gained 5 lbs, and then I did 5x5 for 3 month''

So you've been lifting for 8 months TOTAL and you want to start taking steroids?
Honestly 8 months isn't a very long time if that's the extent of your lifting experience..
Give it a couple of years.

The Steroid thread

I'll start eating more as soon as I start cooking again. I once tried Creatine Monohyrdate, I noticed significant strength gains but I had bad stomach cramps and diarrhoea.. However, I've heard AAKG creatine doesn't give you stomach cramps, is that true?

Hiflo, I want both performance and to look good at the same time, but performance is a little more necessary as I am weak for someone who's been training for a year.

RioNomad, I didn't drink so much milk because I was eating like 8-10 breads a day back then. Furthermore, I also mixed whey and hot chocolate powder with milk to up the calories. As an international student, I can't afford a lot, I am looking to spend $200 a month on food once I start cooking again. I should still be able to afford half a gallon milk a day, chicken thighs, canned tuna, pasta, breads,broccolis,etc.

The Steroid thread

Quote: (09-18-2012 12:52 AM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Creatine extracts water from the muscle as well as builds them, giving them the 'look'.

No it doesn.t Creatine makes the body & mscles retain H20. It doesn't build them either, it saturates muscles with some extra phosphate muscles to use the ADP->ATP conversion after initial 'fatigue,' which IIRC from my physiology txtbk is 12-15 seconds into high intensity exercise.

If homey wants to use aas, let him. whats the big deal. i honestly think he'll have a harder time trying to source them to to figure out how to use em LOL!!!!

The Steroid thread

Quote: (09-18-2012 12:59 AM)travolta Wrote:  

''I trained Starting Strength for 6 months and only gained 5 lbs, and then I did 5x5 for 3 month''

So you've been lifting for 8 months TOTAL and you want to start taking steroids?
Honestly 8 months isn't a very long time if that's the extent of your lifting experience..
Give it a couple of years.

I've trained before as well, but had to stop due to sprained wrist so all in all I've been training for a year. These days I train without a routine, splits very random, but from next week I will start 5x5 or try 3x3. Also my body fat percentage is 16%, I'd like to get it down while packing on muscle mass.

The Steroid thread

fuck starting strength for your goals.

do the marc mcdougal 'lose fat like you're on crack' routine.

The Steroid thread

My stats are weak:
Bench 145x3
Squat 145x5
Deadlift 225x10
Biceps Curl 70x5

You are 23 so your test levels s/b sky high already (unless you are an alcoholic). Anabolic steroids do not make you ripped (dieting does). They help produce more muscle & they cause you to store more fat as well. If anything I would recommend creatine (after 1yr of training) and a calorie surplus.

Since you stated that you just started training I'm going to guess you are 150lbs & @ 16-20%bf. Honestly, I would try a dirty bulk (eating a lot of calorie dense foods to meet your macronutrient requirement & consuming a lot of simple sugars post-workout) to @ 175-185 lbs then start dieting from there. When you are cutting you should maintain the same intensity, the only changes you should be making is running on a calorie deficit & changing your carb & fat intake (less carbs & more fat). Dont expect this overnight though.

HTH

The Steroid thread

Personally I think 9 months of solid training is fine provided you gave yourself a chance with hard work and a half decent diet, you definitely need loads of protein and 500 mg test e with some tren enanthaite is a good place to start. Keep on hand some nova in case of gyno and you should be fine.

The Steroid thread

this guy doesnt even have a clue about eating and minimal experience with lifting and you guys are giving him advice on cycles already? jesus.

@alberto do not touch steroids now.you need to eat tons of calories.peanut butter,full fat milk,anything you want in large numbers.I bet you have no fat on you at all.You need to build muscle over time.Youve only been lifting for a few months thats nothing.You need to lift for at least 4 years to build a solid foundation for yourself.

The Steroid thread

Continue to use Starting Strength. Have you used Creatine? Have you used it in combination with Leucine, Glutamine, and Whey? How much do you eat? I eat >4000 cals/day and can't gain fat if I tried, and I'm eating eggs, nuts, salad, chicken and steak every day.

Give it a shot. I've been on a diet of high intensity exercise and these supplements the past six months and I've noticed surprising growths of strength and testosterone.

Creatine extracts water from the muscle as well as builds them, giving them the 'look'. Whey is the essential building block muscle protein. Glutamine is a carb that allows the protein to get into the muscle faster after an intense lifting session. Leucine is an essential amino acid that allows muscle growth and building of stamina. I'm no expert on Leucine, but an analogy that makes sense is that the tollway for protein to enter the muscle when using Leucine lasts longer and is open wider.

I'm no expert on supplements, but going to the gym with someone who puts up 400lbs on the bench is 190lbs, leads me to believe that whatever is told to me is close to the truth.

glutamine is not a carbohydrate

The Steroid thread

Quote: (09-18-2012 07:24 AM)alecks Wrote:  

glutamine is not a carbohydrate

You're correct. It's an amino acid.

The Steroid thread

Steroids?? Yikes. The short term gain isn't worth the long term draw backs.

I'm lactose intolerant and i still manage to drink 4 litres of lactose free 2% milk. Everyday. Without. Fail.
Not to mention 6 eggs, 500 ml of greek yogurt (add some fresh fruit for variety). Totalling just over 200 grams of protein from just food alone.

I started Stronglifts at the end of march. 6'2" @ 135 pounds. Now i'm 157 pounds as of sunday.
You have to eat more food than you are comfortable with. Don't waste food and stay at the table till you are finished the meal. Then go eat some fruit.
I have an extremely high metabolic rate. It takes a concerted effort to gain 1 pound of body weight let alone muscle.
It not easy.

The Steroid thread

It's obvious this guy is scared of gaining fat, so he's keeping his calorie intake too low.

The Steroid thread

Quote: (09-18-2012 05:05 AM)billy Wrote:  

Personally I think 9 months of solid training is fine provided you gave yourself a chance with hard work and a half decent diet, you definitely need loads of protein and 500 mg test e with some tren enanthaite is a good place to start. Keep on hand some nova in case of gyno and you should be fine.

He definitely didn't work hard, and didn't have
A half decent diet.

He absolutely does not need steroids. He needs squats and protein.

The Steroid thread

The guy's issue is also price. He is a student, he can't afford protein and he doesn't want to bulk up, he just wants to get ripped and put on a large percentage of lean muscle.

I can appreciate that, I was having a hard time getting my protein in when living in Britain. The meat prices there were astronomical and whey protein was fcuking up my energy flows.

Some experimentation will follow.

Does the OP go to the gym with someone? I think a gym partner is crucial. I find that when I work out on my own, gains are limited, I need a spotter to look out for when I go HAM on the iron.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

The Steroid thread

I'd rather not be ripped and a have good functioning dick for the next 35 years.

I have a friend who used it and said his balls shrinked to peanut sizes and almost no cum was coming out anymore when he was using roids. As soon as he stopped using his nuts became normal again and but now his body shrunk again.

I would never mess around with my ding dong, especially not with illegal hormones/steroids and that shit.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.