rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Zyzz: Opinions?

One of my fitness idols, Zyzz, could be considered one of the best physiques for getting women ever. Tan, tall, and jacked without being too big. Just look at him in his videos.

The way he acts is also admirable; he seriously doesn't give a shit about anything.

What are your opinions on this dude? He was a mini-celeb on bodybuilding before he tragically passed away at the age of 23.

Dude has a great physique, but the haircut makes him look a little like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

[Image: Caveman+Lawyer+Jury.png]

Gotta give him props. Don't know a whole lot about him, but seems like he was a self-help guru to the BB.com guys. Acts like a clown, and can pull it off. He's kind of everything you hate about Jersey Shore rolled up into one, but is likeable. Too bad he died so young.

Relevant thread from another blog: http://dangerandplay.wordpress.com/2012/...reat-zyzz/

Zyzz is easy to hate on, but who was looking good, having fun, and doing what he wanted?

Huge Zyzz fan here. He not only got me really interested in fitness, but he was also kind of my gateway into game and the Manosphere. One can learn a lot by studying his care free attitude and how he wasn't afraid to do what he wanted even if it made him look stupid.

I can see why people look up to him, but he cheated to get where he got. Also, his whole persona screams insecurity.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

did he skip leg days?

Quote: (07-31-2012 04:58 PM)the chef Wrote:  

did he skip leg days?

His legs are really defined, just not huge.

Quote: (07-31-2012 04:51 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

I can see why people look up to him, but he cheated to get where he got. Also, his whole persona screams insecurity.

He didn't cheat. Using steroids is not cheating unless you compete in a sport where they are banned. Steroids are looked down upon because society tells us they are bad, not because they actually are.

become zyzzmode, start a blog, make videos, play facebook game, line bitches up daily.

its all about becoming a mini-celebrity these days.

fame + game

roosh and this forum have been predicting its the new frontier for years.

Is his physique really that rare though? I wonder if there are other factors contributing to his popularity..

Quote: (07-31-2012 09:23 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Is his physique really that rare though? I wonder if there are other factors contributing to his popularity..

I think he did a great job marketing himself as well (he invented the terms "U mirinin?" and "U jelly?". And he played himself up as an over-the-top yet likeable guy, which I really appealed to a lot of other people.

Plus he posted on 4chan which is really high traffic, so his popularity caught on like a wildfire (I'll bet if a dude like G or Mixx had posted on there, as well as here; they'd have become internet legends too).

Quote: (07-31-2012 05:18 PM)Aer Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2012 04:58 PM)the chef Wrote:  

did he skip leg days?

His legs are really defined, just not huge.

imma take that as a "yes." hahaha.

I like his positive and don't give a fuck attitude. His physique is impressive as fuck.

I just can't get past the fact that he has gay face.

Given that he seems to have died from a combination of overtraining and pharmaceuticals (like Bruce Lee) I think he's a useful warning.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Lessons learned.

Marketing (coming up with catchy phrases)
Get ripped (girls will flock)
Media will do anything and everything to pass on bad information "Over training, pharmaceuticals, etc etc."

While dabbling with roids may be a little much for some, given the effects of other drugs i doubt the media is passing on "correct" information when they highlight every possible drug death. Just as they hype up deaths from "club shootings"

Quote: (07-31-2012 09:23 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

his muscle inserts and symmetry are damn impressive, even among steroid fueled fitness circles (and yes, zyzz was riding all kinds of gear). He amassed an army of fans though trolling antics online and funny videos on youtube. Basically he was a World of Warcraft nerd before getting into gym lifestyle and getting on gear. He openly admitted that he didn't have game and his only game was to look "aesthetic." The videos in which zyzz actually opened his mouth and started talking, you realize that he wasn't the smartest cat that ever lived.

not hating though. I was a fan of the late great zyzz.

Quote: (07-31-2012 05:47 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2012 04:51 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

He didn't cheat. Using steroids is not cheating unless you compete in a sport where they are banned. Steroids are looked down upon because society tells us they are bad, not because they actually are.
And heroin isn't bad for you aside from sticking needles into your veins. Might as well shoot up right? As long as you do it right, there is no long term damage.

Maybe cheating isn't the right word, but he isn't natural. Yes, he worked his ass off to look the way he did, and that is commendable. However, I lose respect for someone who feels the need that they aren't good enough on their own.

As for steroids not being bad for you, Steve Michalik (Mr. Universe 1975) makes as much testosterone as a 12 year old girl after years of steroid use. Are you going to fuck your body up from doing a cycle or two? Probably not, but any drug has addiction potential and could ruin your life. In my opinion the temporary gains aren't worth the lifetime side effects. Just like heroin.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

All I can say is thank God for everyone else I don't look like Zyzz. If I did, I would *never* wear a shirt.

10/10 physique.

Quote: (07-31-2012 10:37 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

I just can't get past the fact that he has gay face.

It's not gay face. Judging by his name and appearance, he's Armenian or something similar. Armenian, Persian guys look a little different.

Here's gay face

[Image: OB-SK885_mag041_G_20120330112348.jpg]

Immediate response to that pic was...

Intuition proved correct. Dude is out (John Waters).

Quote: (07-31-2012 11:25 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

Maybe cheating isn't the right word, but he isn't natural. Yes, he worked his ass off to look the way he did, and that is commendable. However, I lose respect for someone who feels the need that they aren't good enough on their own.

Every guy with a good body who "uses" is no doubt mortified.

What can guys do to regain your trust and respect?

BTW, how do you get your hair to look like that? What is that called?

In that video, you'll see that he takes over a booth at a expo.

He had that "it" factor.

He knew how to draw attention to himself, and he wasn't a talentless attention whore. He was actually legit.

Talent combined with a lack of shame is an unstoppable combination.

How can you have a thread about zyzz without including some pics?

[Image: 442684.jpg]
[Image: zyzz_Aesthetic_peak.jpg]

No homo.

I still remember the day I first started seeing the word "zyzz" all over the netz, and i looked at the photos and i was thinking "who is this fag?" and "what teh fuck is mirin?" and then i saw some videos and fell in love with the god of the internet and man

Every time I watch a zyzz video I want to stop whatever I'm doing and hit the gym, regardless of whether I've lifted already that day. Always inspiring

Quote: (07-31-2012 11:25 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

And heroin isn't bad for you aside from sticking needles into your veins. Might as well shoot up right? As long as you do it right, there is no long term damage.

As for steroids not being bad for you, Steve Michalik (Mr. Universe 1975) makes as much testosterone as a 12 year old girl after years of steroid use. Are you going to fuck your body up from doing a cycle or two? Probably not, but any drug has addiction potential and could ruin your life. In my opinion the temporary gains aren't worth the lifetime side effects. Just like heroin.

Please quote where I said steroids are not bad for you.

You just based your entire argument on something I have never said.

And citing info from one extreme steroid abuser does nothing to prove your argument.