rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

whats your living arrangements?

i live by myself in a close suburb to a big city in a 1br aparment. rent is 1300/month. night lift is about 20 min drive away. lots of day game opportunities with malls, parks, colleges near by

If I'm not on the road I just crash at one of my parents' apartments or at friends' places. Apartments in my home city start at about 450 for a decent one bedroom, rates move up very quickly from there.

Decent bar scene especially a couple miles away in the yuppie neighborhoods, great for picking up 20 and early 30-somethings with more money and education credits, than brains. Day game opportunities at local malls, coffee shops, downtown, etc. abound.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Bumfuck Suburbia, MD it sucks. Hard.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

I live in bumfuck suburbia,MD too an hour from DC and Baltimore,i can afford to live closer to DC but I can't imagine paying $1500-1600 for rent each month
(when i get to pay much lesser now). This way i put away more money away for savings (trips etc) and do the routine commute to DC every weekend[Image: undecided.gif]

Quote: (02-05-2012 05:55 PM)ninja26 Wrote:  

I live in bumfuck suburbia,MD too an hour from DC and Baltimore,i can afford to live closer to DC but I can't imagine paying $1500-1600 for rent each month
(when i get to pay much lesser now). This way i put away more money away for savings (trips etc) and do the routine commute to DC every weekend[Image: undecided.gif]

Which area are you in, cause we might in fact be neighbors from the sound of it.

Chef In Jeans

Quote: (02-05-2012 07:32 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Which area are you in, cause we might in fact be neighbors from the sound of it.

I'm in Frederick,MD ,where u at ?

I used to think I lived in one of the best neighborhoods if you're young and single. . Maybe, this holds true for the United States.
The girls around here lose my interest really quick now. I get #'s and don't even bother to hit them up anymore.

Anyways $900 per month (doesn't include utilities or cable); closer to $1,000 with that.
I'm in a 3 bdrm townhouse with 2 friends. I have the master.
Private Bathroom, Balcony, and walk in clauset plus a parking spot.
2 blocks from the beach and San Diego's "Boardwalk" (Pacific Ocean)
One minute walk to a street known for having tons of bars and nightlife.

I think I will be moving out around August. Lived here for one year and a half and I need to change it up. Either downtown or a different city/country.

Quote: (02-05-2012 05:43 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I grew up there! Between Baltimore and DC, by a very large mall that was erected in the early 2000s.

Baltimore MD right now. Tiny rowhome with me + ex + her bf + her kid + lady upstairs + her two kids + shitload of cats. As you can imagine, logistics is a severe difficulty.

When I'm in the states, I'll usually stay with family, close friends or (for really long visits) I'll rent out an apartment on a month-to-month basis. It's the same situation if I'm going to be in a foreign country for an extended stay.

If I'm just scoping a country/region out I like to stay with people on AirBnB, Couchsurfing or (in the case of really cheap countries) I'll stay in hotels.

1300 dollars for a 1br apt a month!!??? JESUS H CHRIST thank god i dont live in the states. im still living at home hehe.

dudes i know live in the suburbs of dublin live in a mansion thats about 2500 a month and theres 10 of them living there.20mins to the city.

will be moving to canada though next year (THANKS SCOTIAN)!!

I live in an apartment on a university campus, 30 min bus from downtown vancouver, beautiful view, across the street from a main gaming location.

Quote: (02-05-2012 07:41 PM)ninja26 Wrote:  

Gaithersburg area, atleast you guys have real bars in Frederick county. MoCos stodgy ass liquor laws absolutely decimate the nightlife here.

Chef In Jeans

I'm near Winchester, VA.. bought my house about 6 years ago when I was only 20 and regret it pretty often. I hate feeling like I'm tied to this bitch for another 20 years.

$950 a month.. 2 br's, just my kid and I. The area is decent but the selection of bars or quality nightlife locations is pretty limited.

Quote: (02-06-2012 03:12 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2012 07:41 PM)ninja26 Wrote:  

Gaithersburg area, atleast you guys have real bars in Frederick county. MoCos stodgy ass liquor laws absolutely decimate the nightlife here.

True, but other than that and the low rent its not a place for a guy in his 20s to be. Gaithersburg is pretty bad too, I guess Bethesda is the only decent place to live in Maryland.

near Hamburg, Germany. 2 bdr app., 400 Euros /month.

My house in the forest
[attachment=4550]

I bedroom apartment in northern New Jersey. $1000/month.
I'm just outside NYC. 15 min by bus, train or car.

Team Nachos

Quote: (02-06-2012 04:28 PM)ninja26 Wrote:  

True, but other than that and the low rent its not a place for a guy in his 20s to be. Gaithersburg is pretty bad too, I guess Bethesda is the only decent place to live in Maryland.

Bethesda is where I usually go out if I go out on the weekends. DC is just to far and to expensive and the quality there isn't all that great. One hour away logistics means its not even worth prowling in the city.

Bethesda does okay nightlife-wise but the ratios still blow and you see ALOT of couples

Chef In Jeans

Small condo. Middle of the city. No car.

Santiago, Dominican Republic. Fully furnished 1 bedroom apartment with all bills included for $270 month. I share the apartment with my best friend, so I only pay $135.

Quote: (02-06-2012 06:06 PM)patron Wrote:  

Santiago, Dominican Republic. Fully furnished 1 bedroom apartment with all bills included for $270 month. I share the apartment with my best friend, so I only pay $135.

1. What area in Santiago?

2. How do you share a one bedroom with best friend?
Bunk beds, somebody takes the couch, 2 bed in one room?

I live in a good area in santiago, safe and close to everything. It has a large living room and have a bed in the living room. I was living in Santiago, he came to visit and never left.

Emech has a pimp house within walking distance of many bars that are full of pussy every night. I'm envious.

As for me, I live in a tent with no heat in sub-zero temperatures. Sharing it with 9 roommates.

Quote: (02-06-2012 08:36 PM)patron Wrote:  

I live in a good area in santiago, safe and close to everything. It has a large living room and have a bed in the living room. I was living in Santiago, he came to visit and never left.

How long have you been living there? Break out a data sheet for us, bro!

Quote: (02-05-2012 05:43 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I feel you. My place is getting remodeled and I've been staying with family. It was a five minute taxi ride to downtown from my old place. Now it's a 20 minute drive from suburbia. Ironically I think it maybe tightening my game. Shitty logistics make you get creative so my new forte is the backseat bang.