rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Med School done in 1,5 years - what's next?

Med School done in 1,5 years - what's next?

Good evening gentlemen!

Please consider this as an extension of a thread I made on the Newbie section of the Game boards (thread-53817.html).

Since then I’ve gotten a lot calmer. Even had a chat with Quintus and he has been generous enough to dedicate a podcast discussing about the types of problems I’m facing (about wanting to break free). I recommend it to anyone dealing with similar issues – it enabled me to view the whole situation from another perspective. Funny, sometimes that can really be a game changer. Link to the podcast: https://qcurtius.com/2016/02/14/how-do-i...#more-2950

In a year and a half I’ll finish Med School. My life up to now has been very structured: grade school, good grades, high school, good grades, sport, Med School, good grades with a bit of love mixed within. I completed everything my family expected of me. In no way do I feel any kind of resentment to my parents anymore – after reading some good replies on this board I’ve come to the conclusion that I must be grateful for even having been enabled to live such a blessed life. It was hard because sometimes I’m thickskulled but I came around. Once again thanks to this forum.

I have two questions or thoughts I’d like an opinion on.

1. After I finish my scholarly obligations I’d like to see the world. What would you suggest an upcoming young physician to undertake? What would you do in a similar situation? I considered the Army or Volunteering. I found out that my country offers a 14 week basic training camp. I don’t think I’d go for the other option which is a 5 – year contract; seems a bit long for me. Or maybe I’m not seeing some kind of upside?

When it comes to volunteering I don’t know where to start to be honest frankly. Searched the web a bit and I’ve found a myriad of different foundations. But some even charge you for volunteering or did I read the print wrong? Then it comes to choosing which is the best and the one who can screw you over the least. Problem is also that many are American based and I don’t know how I qualify as a citizen of Europe (Slovenia). Does anybody have experiences, opinions they would like to share?

2. If any physicians are reading this --> what kind of specialty would you recommend me? Right now I’m working in the surgical unit for Orthopedics and Traumatology. While interesting in its own way it is quite the manual labor and the more I think about it the less I see myself working a surgeon.

I believe that as a surgeon I could only work in larger houses which house operating rooms and I’ve come to dislike clinics and hospitals (the bigger ones at least) because they are like a miniature state: full of cliques, factions going at each other, political enemies and etc.

I’d like to choose something that enables me to retain some kind of semblance of personal freedom and is sought after in the world. I don’t see myself working in one place forever – I’d like to work somewhere for a couple of years, hone my skills and go somewhere else to feel challenged again.

Maybe this is just my youthful brashness talking and I’m too dumb to see the whole picture about bigger clinical centers but for now I don’t see a lot of positives. Even the pay is not THAT much for the years I’ve put and will put in to complete my qualifications (I’m speaking for Europe).

I’m thinking something from internal medicine: cardiology, endocrinology… heck I’ve come to the conclusion that I can find in every branch of medicine something interesting but I just don’t see myself as a surgeon.

Currently I’m working from 6 to 16 everyday basically for free. Somehow I’ve gotten the feeling that physicians have become glorified office workers. No longer the masters of their own fate, but doing the bidding of bigger pharmaceutical companies. How is it in America?

My goal is to settle down and open my own clinic someday – be it Europe, USA, Asia… I have no qualms to do any kind of national exams to get my degree accredited. I consider it a worthy challenge! Ha – ha.

So guys, what do you say?

Thank you for reading and I wish you a pleasant evening!

Romans 8:31 - 'What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?'

My notes.

Mike Cernovich Compilation 2015 | 2016

The Gold from Bold

Messages In This Thread