rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santa Cruz, Bolivia: Hidden Gem? (Data Sheet)

Santa Cruz, Bolivia: Hidden Gem? (Data Sheet)

Quote: (03-30-2015 12:08 AM)getdownonit Wrote:  

Bolivia is definitely not a hidden gem, but within Bolivia, SCZ is a shining beacon of hope. The indigenous peoples are just so unattractive that a city full of mestizas, with a very different vibe, climate, and culture that feels almost Brazilian hits you instantly upon arrival. I certainly don't think the women there are the hottest in Latin America, but no question they're way, way above anything else you'll find in Bolivia.

Thanks for saving me all kinds of time with your responses. I won't be addressing any more comments or questions related to Bolivia's demographics.

Also, great tips regarding transport. Let me propose an itinerary that includes SCZ to my boy MP and any others interested.

Backpacker Circuit

Cusco/Arequipa -> Puno (bus)
Puno -> Copacabana (bus)
Copacabana -> La Paz (bus)
La Paz -> Santa Cruz (flight)
Santa Cruz -> Sucre (flight)
Sucre -> Potosi -> Oruro -> La paz (buses)
Then back to Peru

This requires time, as does incorporating North Argentina/Paraguay in your trip. I would be a big fan of hitting Asuncion, SCZ, and second tier Brazilian cities in parana and santa catarina states all on the same trip. Again, you would need time and willingness to take an overnight bus or two. But the payoff is that this a fascinating and under explored part of the world.

Messages In This Thread