rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Siege of San Salvador

The Siege of San Salvador

What up what up, ya'll. Papi Rico on the ground here.

Initial observations related to livability:
1) Security: this place definitely has an edge to it, and is perhaps not the most suitable for novice travelers/LE nomads. I however get a real kick out of seeing bouncers with AK's when entering a club. By exercising common sense, i.e. stay in a secure area (e.g. colonia escalon) and do not walk around at night, you eliminate virtually all security risk. I've spoken to expats living here for 20+ years without issue. If you speak at least intermediate Spanish and are well-travelled, security is a non-issue.

2) Climate: currently 28 with a very pleasant breeze. Ideal conditions for an afternoon date on an outdoor terrace.

3) Food: I've been eating incredibly well. Tipicos Margoth in Colonia Escalon has great national food with daily menus. Malibu Grill, also in Colonia Escalon, has quality seafood and Americanesque portions. Their fish stuffed with shrimp "Pescado relleno de camarones" is out of this world. Full meals at restaurants range from 5-15 USD.

4) Apartments: According to locals, a decent, furnished 1-bedroom can be secured for 500 USD/month on a 6-month lease. A luxury 3-bedroom in an ideal location will cost no more than 1500 USD/month. Short-term rentals are not common, so arranging a 1-month stay would require some legwork and at least basic Spanish.

5) Workspace: Haven't checked out the Regus location here yet, but am definitely feeling Viva Espresso at the Plaza Futura Mall. Lot of local businessmen and diplomats hanging out here.

How to get a Salvadorian flag in under 12 hours:
1) Disembark from plane
2) Procure a sim card from Movistar/Claro/Digicel [$1/day for unlimited data, $5/week]
3) Optional: Get on Tinder and start swiping like a maniac. In-conversation, use your Spanish if you have it, if not, that's ok.
4) With tinder date, set up a date at a bar in Zona Rosa or Multiplaza, and then venue switch to a nearby club. I went for Zona Rosa: meet-up at Zanzibar, then venue switched to Republik, which had ladies' night [Wednesday] and was packed with 7's and 8's. If rolling solo, be very friendly and make friends with locals. Interest in foreigners is on par with Colombia/Phils.
5) Take her to the dance floor. If you don't know salsa/cumbia, ask her to teach you. After 4-5 songs go to the outdoors area to isolate and kiss-close.
6) "It's getting late now, let's go watch a movie at my place". She may counter: "Ok, but no sex." Counter back: "por supuesto, mi amor".

Waiting on MP to roll in. I think he will be very pleased by tonight's game plan...

Messages In This Thread