rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The color pink is a historically masculine color but culture ruined it

The color pink is a historically masculine color but culture ruined it

Quote: (10-31-2014 12:36 AM)2Wycked Wrote:  

I'm not quite sure what the point of this post is.

The assertion that our -- I assume you mean American -- culture hates white, heterosexual men is a great simplification of what exactly is going on in society. American society is best summarized as the "war of all against all." A person doesn't do themselves any favors if they internalize that society hates them for their immutable qualities -- even if that is true.

Further, this isn't a white nationalist nor an MRA forum. I would say this forum is about improvement of the mind, body and soul to the best of your abilities.

As far as your commentary on sex-based preferences for colors is concerned, it is confusing. If blue is considered masculine now, and pink feminine - while the reverse was true over a century ago, it doesn't mean that pink is historically masculine, but that certain colors suggest masculine values (strength, stoicism, etc.) and certain colors denote feminine values (sensitivity, empathy, etc.). If this is purely a function of social conditioning -- which is entirely possible considering the nature of access to dyes and the like -- then pink isn't historically masculine, just that certain colors will be deemed masculine and others feminine.

You claim to not be bothered by society not admitting pink is a masculine color, but then what spurred this post? This isn't a personal criticism, but a wonder over motivation. It sounds like you feel embarrassed that you like wearing pink and wish that you would be seen as masculine for wearing it. I would venture to guess that you like to transgress social norms for men, at least when it comes to the hue of the clothing you want to wear.

As far as your commentary on Kanye, he is dead wrong on children being born naturally confident. Kanye is a clinical narcissist, of course he believes he was born perfect. Children are born with extreme amounts of anxiety and no personal identity.

However...

Quote:Quote:

The fact that you're here proves it.

Neither member of the moderation team here is white. I would guess most of the forum isn't white.

Quote:Quote:

Am I seeing a conspiracy where there isn't one?

A conspiracy against white, heterosexual males who want to wear pink clothing and be seen as masculine because society hates us and wants to destroy us? [Image: tinfoilhat.gif]

This was my first attempt at addressing the forum after lurking for a while. I guess I was targeting a minority of the userbase with it. I'm not a racist or a misogynist, but I do think american culture hates white heterosexual men in some niche areas of the left. Ultimately my motivation was simply to articulate some ideas that have been running in my head and see if they carried any weight. Your post has made things less confusing but I am also leaning less in the direction I was while writing this post.

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West

Messages In This Thread