rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Diamantina, Brazil

Diamantina, Brazil

Quote: (02-06-2014 04:23 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

Nice write up! Can you comment on safety in this town? When you talk about Brazil - safety is always a huge issue!
Thanks. The city felt absolutely safe, as long as you stayed 4km or so from the city center. Beyond that, it gets sketchy.

Quote: (02-06-2014 06:19 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

You using looks game? You mentioned every group LOOKED at you lol.
No, not really, I would rate myself as a 7.

1) They will look anyway, they know you are not from there. They can smell it.
2) If you don't look like a frat bro, local thug or harmless beta (pics above), you will stand out a lot. Guys there have zero style. Some of them actually make some effort, but they just buy brand shit and go out with their neon color designer polo shirts, it's laughable. Who am I to judge, anyway, it's their reality and works for them.

Quote: (02-06-2014 07:20 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

Bigger issue in a tier 3 city like this would be language barrier.
True.

Quote: (02-06-2014 08:49 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Nice data sheet! Where are you from Ringo? Your profile says your home country is Brazil but I'm assuming you are from somewhere else and look very different than the locals no?
Thanks. I'm Brazilian, born and raised in São Paulo. Like I said above, I look decent and dressed better (as in with more style, not with expensive or preppy clothes), that's why I got attention. If I had a bad haircut and walked around with baggy cargo pants, tank top and flip flops, I would look like another student.

Quote: (02-06-2014 09:17 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Very nice sheet Ringo! How good is your portuguese?
When I return to Brasil, I'm definitely going to head to BH and explore the smaller towns around it.
Thank you. Portuguese is my mother language.

I think you will have a great time in BH, I hope I can go back soon and explore the city properly. When I was there, just before hitting Diamantina, I took a stroll wearing a pink fitted tee and holding an umbrella. Guys looked at me weird, and one called me a faggot. Five minutes after that, a cute girl driving with her friends yelled at me from her car "Oh my god, I wish I could be that umbrella. Take me with you, take me!". Haha I love BH.

As for the towns around it, I visited Ouro Preto for 4 or 5 days and absolutely loved it, maybe I should do a small write up just to place it on the map, there is not much info here.

Messages In This Thread