rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Get the best sound from your PC and Android phone.

Get the best sound from your PC and Android phone.

There's something I forgot about installing Viper4Android - if it asks you to select something like neon or vfp or cortex you can either:

-> Download CPU-Z from play store (no root needed, you can uninstall it after installing Viper) and read the CPU architecture. If you see Cortex A9 or Cortex A9/15 (Cortex A9 in the image from Play Store) then select Cortex A9/15 with NEON when Viper asks for installing, if Cortex A8 select A8...
Galaxy S3 is A9, Galaxy S4 is A9/15...

-> Check wikipedia:
[Image: VGEzdHB.jpg]
[Image: hJA4qMe.png]

Basically, newer phones and more powerful phones are either A9/15 (Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, HTC One...) or a8 (Galaxy S2), weaker (like the cortex a5 above) or older phones with over 800mhz support vfp, and under 800 mhz (really old phones) usually don't. If you see ARMv7, it's A9/15, ARMv8 is A8, while everything below v7 (ARMv6, v5...) is vfp - dual core or over 800mhz supports vfp, while under 800 doesn't.
If you didn't already install Busybox as recommended from the Essential Tools thread, go ahead and install it now using Smart Install in app (Normal shouldn't pose any problems, but Smart install is more comprehensive, so I recommend Smart Install) - Viper (and a lot of root apps) won't work properly without Busybox.

If possible, try not to select "without vfp" as it doesn't support convolver (you'll be missing alot without it) - only use it if other settings don't work.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Messages In This Thread