rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Get the best sound from your PC and Android phone.

Get the best sound from your PC and Android phone.

While I was partying these 2 weeks, I came across awesome studio-grade sound mods - Viper4Android and Viper4Windows. It allows you to have rumbling "spring" type bass you hear on big speakers to be played by common cheap speakers (TV, USB, computer...), it increases the clarity of the song without sounding "cheap", it has great surround effects... In short, the effects aren't cheap like the ones you get using equalizers or "bass boost" mods (megabass, beats audio...). Viper4Android needs root (see my link in the sig if you wanna root your phone or PM if you get stuck rooting), but the effects are system-wide (change a setting in Viper, both Windows and Android, and every sound from your device will be changed, so no need to worry about worrying if you've configured everything right - if it works it works for all apps). It even has Cure Tech+ - an attempt to make the ears fell little to no pain on bass-heavy and loud songs - it works better than I expected.

Viper4Windows is pretty straitforward - download the ZIP file, unpack it, select x86 for 32-bit windows, or x64 for 64-bit, select devices that will be affected, restart and you're good to go! If you aren't sure about 32-bit or 64-bit, right-click on my computer and there will be 32 or 64-bit, depending on which Windows you have installed.
[Image: ofNyE0e.jpg]

Viper4Android has 2 mods - FX and XHiFi. FX has more effects while XHiFi is used for clarity - the audio reconstruction in XHiFi makes low-quality mp3's (think youtube at 240p) actually sound clear! You can read about it's features here - I highly recommend your read this so you can correctly configure Viper.
To install, first root the phone (see my sig for more info), download and extract FX and XHiFi, install Viper4Android (Viper4Android_2.3 if your android version is lower than 4.0 and Viper4Android_4.x if it's over 4.0 - go to settings->about phone to see the version information) and after installing both of them, open them. After a little bit they will ask for driver download, select the middle one (high audio) or the bottom one (battery saving) if your phone is low-end, and reboot. When it turns on again, open either FX or XHiFi and tick "Enable", press the menu button while in app, then press UI Setting, and choose expert. That's it! For bass I found that in FX natural bass at 100hz is "that" bass - the "spring" rumbling eargasm bass! Also make sure Cure Tech+ is ticked if you like to listen to heavy bass at high volume for a long time. You can configure additional settings to your liking - FX is for effects, while XHiFi if for sound reconstruction.
Of course, you can leave both of them on, but leaving both of them activated will drain your battery faster and use more processing power, and XHiFi will reduce the bass a bit.
There's even a thread for sound profiles - enter any settings in that thread and you'll get the desired effect - no need to experiment as much to find the settings you most like!

Now enjoy great sound on almost any speakers or headphones - you'll be surprised how good Viper is!

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Messages In This Thread