rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Get the best sound from your PC and Android phone.

Get the best sound from your PC and Android phone.

Okay, the only thing left to explain is the various 3D effects of Viper - after reading this you'll be setting up reverbation and surround like a pro!

Field Surround
This is your standard surround made much better by viper - it creates a "field", also know as a mono or stereo field.
Field surround strenght controls the "obviousness" of the effect - the higher the settings, the more obvious it is - it "pushes" more of the sound to the left and right.
Mid image strenght controls the clarity - the stronger this setting, the nicer the vocals and mids, but it also weakens the etheral sound - special effects in songs, like ambient keyboards, are weaker.

Differential Surround
Also known as Haas effect, this is a "stage" surround - great if you want a nice "concert-like" sound. Basically, it turns one audio stream into two identical audio streams, plays one stream, and after some time you have set (say, 10 ms) it plays the second audio stream - if you've ever heard an echo, then you know how this works.

Headphone surround
Great surround for earphones and headphones (especially high-quality ones) - experiment with strenght level to find your favorite setting.

Reverbation
Now we're getting somewhere! If you set this up correctly you can have the sound that will sound like it's coming from another area - you can make it sound like it's coming from a concert, bathroom, auditorium... You may be put off by the number of settings you can change, but it ain't that hard - just read below.
Room size is the size of the virtual room for the sound - increasing this will increase the echoes and "widen" the sound.
Sound field is the width of the room above - to set this up correctly, just take the room size you set above (let's say you put in 100m^2), divide it by the width of the room above you (let's say it's 14 meters wide), and you'll get your setting (100 divided by 14 is 7.14, so you'd put in 7m).
Damping factor is humidity compensation (seriously!) - this setting compensates for tiny water molecules that absorb the echoes in the sound - the higher the humidity of the virtual room, the higher this setting needs to be set, and the echoes are absorbed more easily. Increase this until the echoes are heard like you want.
Wet signal is the volume of the modified sound, while dry signal is the volume of the original unmodified sound - I don't think I need to explain how to use this.
Just so you can understand this type of 3D effect even more clearly, I'm gonna quote the official viper page for easy setup:
Quote:Quote:

For environments with low air humidity such as living room, auditorium and other indoor environment, you can use room size and sound field to define the area of ​​the virtual environment, water vapor content values ​​from 0 to 20, the reverb signal values ​​20 to 50, the proportion of the original signal to take value of about 50.
For environments with high air humidity such as bathroom and other indoor environment that contains a lot of moisture, you can use room size and sound field to define the area of ​​the virtual environment, water vapor content values ​​of 50 to 100, the reverb signal values ​​40 to 80, the proportion of the original signal value of about 50.

If you've got the time, all the settings are explained here; it won't take much of your time (5-10 minutes?) but you'll understand how to use viper like a pro - do yourself a favor and read the page! You'll thank me later.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Messages In This Thread