rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lifting With A Bum Wrist

Lifting With A Bum Wrist

I have decided to get into lifting - I plan on using the Stronglifts approach. If you have a better approach, please let me know. I have heard good things about Stronglifts and I am aiming to build strength right now.

That being said, I have a wrist with issues. I fucked it up bad in a car wreck, had surgery and it has a permanent screw in it. I cannot flex my wrist completely - most importantly, I cannot flex my wrist all the back towards my body. It is inartful, but I recall trying to do front squats from some lifting routine given to me over the winter and found it was absolutely impossible to do the movement - even just the bar was uncomfortable.

It still have bruised bones. MRI's still show important bones that haven't fully healed. They said there is a chance those bones will die, but that is attenuated in sense it won't be known for a time.

I have found that utilizing a strong wrist restraint helps, but I feel I have a limit, especially on doing bench press. I found the restraint helped greatly on squats and deadlifts. Beyond that, it surely helped, but my wrist still felt weak.

Doctors are telling me I need more surgery to cure that. I am very reticent because it will remove many bones and basically make my wrist very inflexible. The doctor told me I won't be able to flex much either way. I don't want to pull the trigger on surgery before I have to have it.

Any tips or suggestions?

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Messages In This Thread