rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Unsolicited Input on My Game

Unsolicited Input on My Game

Please forgive the indulgent story telling, but there's a lesson, or at least a question, in here.

I had some funny shit go down at a bougie specialty market that I frequent in my area. I'm a regular, so the staff knows me. This rastafarian-looking black dude ran up on me and we had the following exchange (paraphrased).

Imagine a light Caribbean accent:

--

Rasta: What's up, player?

Tuthmosis: What's up, homie.

Rasta: Yo, I saw you talking to that girl the other day.

Tuthmosis: Which girl? [being serious]

Rasta: [laughs] C'mon, man. The tall one. In the produce section? [points to the fruits]

Tuthmosis: Oh, yeah! I know who you're talking about.

Rasta: Yeah, though, you talked to her too long.

Tuthmosis: What? We talked like 10 minutes.

Rasta: It was more like 15-20 minutes. You were talking about roommates, about your noses, and all this crazy stuff. [standard Tuthmosian day-game rambling]

Tuthmosis: You mean to tell me you were peeping my game?!

Rasta: Nah, man, I was working in the area.

Tuthmosis: Hm. So you think I talked too much. I have to disagree.

Rasta: Yeah, you need to get in and get out quick. Get what you need and break out. Be like: 'Hi. I'm so-and-so. Whatchu doing on Saturday? Let's get some dinner.' [bad game] Did you at least call her?

Tuthmosis: No, dude. I don't really call girls, just text. And, I've been busy with other things.

Rasta: "Busy with other things"?! C'mon, man, this is the only thing!

Tuthmosis: I know, I know. I can't believe you're telling me this. I mean I'm busy with some other chicks.

Rasta: Right on. But you should call this one. She was nice.

Tuthmosis: Yeah, maybe.

Rasta: But why do you talk so much? If I was a female, I would have broken out. She might have had things to do, places to be. [this is where I started to get pissed]

Tuthmosis: But, see, you aren't a "female." This chick was glued to the floor, right? She was smiling and laughing, right?

Rasta: Yes.

Tuthmosis: That's cause my shit was on-point, player! You gotta give me some credit. I adjust my game according to the type of girl. I know this kind well.

Rasta: Ok, but call her.

Tuthmosis: Alright then, imma head out.

Rasta: Yes, but stay focused.

--

I had to laugh out loud at that last part. The interesting part is how he took exception to some, quite frankly, flawlessly executed day game. In fact, I remember the approach well. I made no real mistakes. I was pleased, at least, that he was a guy who had some consciousness about game, even though his wisdom was mad flawed.

Have any of you guys ever been called out on your game like this? I know I often talk around here about how much of an eavesdropper I am, but I rarely have the reverse done to me.

I certainly can't remember anyone ever calling my shit out to my face.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread