rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

7 Horrifying Reasons to Avoid Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Horrifying Reasons to Avoid Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
I'm not sure if this is the right forum. I think this post is better classified Anti-Travel.

I was just recently living in Eastern Europe. I'm a dual Euro citizen so it was easy for me to find a job there. It didn't work out the way I hoped but I plan on returning as soon as possible (time to crank out a few niche sites! http://www.returnofkings.com/124749/a-ni...0-online). Anyway, I just returned to Canada. A shame, I know. But in only two years so much has changed. It's horrifying.

I don't recommend any masculine men live or travel here. I'd probably say the same about Vancouver. It's only tolerable for me because of my culture and Church community. While there's a lot to say about the natural beauty of the region, the people make it wretched. The world is big. Despite what you may have heard, there are better beaches, better camping trails. I would go so far as to say I would rather live in Toronto.

As I descended into Victoria from Vancouver by plane I wondered if a 200% increase in salary above differences in the cost of living (compared to EE) would be worth it. I turn to my right and attempt smalltalk with the jumbly purple haired SJW sitting next to me, typing away on her cellphone. I make a joke about the plane going down, tell her "turn it off." Blank stare. She retorts, asking why I'm bothering her on a 20 minute flight.

1. Satanic Capital of the World. Few know how real thus is: http://bsideoftheticket.ca/tag/satanic-c...he-world/. I'm pretty sure this explains all the rest, and why Catholics like me have such a hard time living here. Something really went wrong after my dad's generation came of age. The land and climate reminded my grandfather of Croatia. Go figure. I went on an evening hike up Mt. Douglas last week (it was renamed to something Native; it's no longer PC to call it by its Anglo name, apparently). I came across a group of men and women in robes holding a torch. Fortunately there were no children around.

2. The transsexual population is blowing up. I couldn't find any census data. I don't think the government records that. I'm sure the Ministry of Health considers that bigoted. Either way, I'm seeing them everywhere now. They're popping up on Tinder with a lot more frequency, classified as women. I had a convo with one and even got to the point of setting up a date. She sent me a video of her masturbating his penis on Facebook Messenger. I asked him why the fuck he didn't tell me he had a dick. He went batshit crazy and asked why I would assume his gender. I'm ashamed to say I really could not tell that he was not a biological woman until it got to that point.

3. The "normal girls" are really stuck up. The only girls worth seeing are American or Korean students taking classes at UVic. The better looking non-SJW/LGBTQ local chicks are either really stuck up or literal Dubai Portapotties.

4. Nightlife, like most places in North America, is designed for women. Darcy's, Upstairs, Sticky Wicket, The Local. Don't even dare cold approach or be prepared to get kicked out by white knight bouncers and bartenders. The best part of any night I can remember lately is grabbing a couple Whoppers from the BK Lounge.

5. The HIV rate is soaring. As a straight male this doesn't worry me so much but you just never know whose been assfucked by a gay dude. I've heard that some girls go home with known gays after a long night of getting hit on by Deplorables like me. The city is a cesspool in general so this just heightens my anxiety about having a regular sex life. I plan on being celibate until I leave again. A friend of mine was getting a regular test a few months ago and said he overheard some nurses say "it was going around like the flu." They chuckled casually, like it was no big deal.

6. Homelessness. This one just personally irritates me. It's not like you can't avoid them, but compared to the legitimate starving poor in Eastern Europe who lay prostrate on the ground, silent with baseball cap extended, these ones are usually high on meth or heroine (which they get from legal tax-financed injection sites), demand money from you and screech when you don't give in. The weather here is some of the best in Canada so naturally the homeless flock.

7. All this being said, there is simply no way I would ever consider raising a family here. New government policies in Ontario allow the feds to take custody of your children if you disagree with your own child's gender orientation (http://dailysignal.com/2017/06/27/new-la...deology/). This hasn't hit Victoria yet but given the provincial government has recently passed legislation protecting transpeople from "hate speech", it's just around the corner (http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07/20/bc...156.html). This is also the one government-infested town where I can see this actually being prosecuted. Public and private schools alike have now have official "anti-violence" policies, which cover LGBTQ/trans discrimination and hate speech (https://www.sd61.bc.ca/news-events/news/...schools/).

In summation, Victoria is a Satanic, culturally blank wasteland riddled with STIs and fentanyl overdoses. Thankfully, I'm financially secure in the long run, so I'll be moving permanently as soon as I can.

A lot of this may sound jaded, but that would just be a misreading of tone. I'm simply being sincere. It may sound like I'm bitching or seeking validation, but that's only because the city has changed while I have not. I have refused to make LGBTQ or female friends while the vast majority of my former friend group has "grown up" by "integrating." It wasn't always bad here, from what I can remember. But the difference is now salient. After having been gone for just two years, the changes really stand out. Maybe it's always been the same? Perspective shift?

Anyway, just a warning to avoid wasting your time coming here. Anyone else in Victoria feel the same way? Anyone else who's traveled abroad return to their old city to find it totally jarring, unbelievable?

Messages In This Thread