Roosh V Forum
Dating Guide for Mainland China - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Dating Guide for Mainland China (/thread-38876.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Space Cowboy - 09-22-2016

"Don't learn Chinese, it doesn't help with picking up locals"-- How about you try to learn some Chinese because you're living in their country and it makes life easier?

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fortis - 09-22-2016

My experiences with height and language:

I am not particularly tall or attractive (pale) by Chinese standards but a place like Shenzhen is so big that it doesn't seem to matter. Furthermore, most girls here are pretty short. At least the girls I like (Sichuan and Hunan) girls so my height has been a non-issue. I also just appear taller than I am in china. A few girls here have told me "I am so jealous! I wish I was 5'11." There is no way in fucking hell i'm 5'11. I'm not even close to 5'11.

But yeah, people have gotten taller here, especially your average young local.

Of course, you should learn Chinese. I'm not sure why this is a debate. If you can't speak Chinese but are failing with girls who only speak Chinese then there's your issue. I can say like 5 things in Chinese. It's a bit embarrassing, but I'm legitimately very busy and don't really have much time to spend learning Chinese. I know it's a poor excuse, but it's the truth. At the end of the day, if I have to choose between more money or being able to speak Chinese I'm always going for more money.

As far as girls who speak garbage-level English those girls are a crapshoot usually. I find that they either like your or don't like you and there really isn't much you can do about it. Speaking Chinese would help, though, because you could communicate better. I don't run into totally ting bu dong girls anymore in china, though. I think they screen themselves out really fast.

I wouldn't worry that much about height. This isn't USA where girls will 100% blow you out for not being 6 feet tall and 200 pounds. I get by fine at my height and weight 5'8 and 160 pounds. You also have to factor in that it's easier to be physically impressive. In my neighborhood, there are 3 guys I've seen who look like they lift. I live near a college, too, so it's not like i'm living in Nongville, China. 1 guy who legitimately looks like he does roids and two other guys who look like new trainees. Either way, a short foreigner with an aesthetic physical will stand out here. That may change with time, but that's why we have multiple facets to our game.

I won't say who it is, but there is an RVFer who is significantly shorter than all of us who does pretty damn well out here. He also doesn't speak Chinese, so I can't really say height is that big of a factor.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - ball dont lie - 09-22-2016

Quote: (09-22-2016 12:26 AM)Mr. Scumbag Wrote:  

I'd say the 'foreign exotic factor' and DHV'ing with Chinese skills is pretty much nonexistent and not happening now in every tier one city. Even some of the tier twos are already used to foreigners by now. It wouldn't surprise me if Chinese girls started actually becoming turned off by laowai that can speak the language in a few years, as is the case in Japan and Korea. Guys interested in Japanese culture and being semi competent in the language = creepy yellow fever guy in the minds of many Japanese girls.

So far this is the only post that has anything related to mine above. I'm not arguing Chinese doesn't do anything. I like being near-fluent (non-native fluent) in the language where I live. Im learning Cantonese now though, holy shit.

I argued it doesn't increase attraction.

I don't know much about Japan or S.Korea with the language skills but in China its not making any girls wet if you speak Chinese poetry into her ear. Its funny that you say that about Japan the girls don't want guys who know too much about Japan.

Yesterday I had a date with a 22 girl who speaks English/Chinese and I of course prefer Chinese since Im getting something out of it. She preferred English but I steered it into Chinese. Things that legitimately made her eyes light up:

I have tattoos, many and large.
Scuba diving stories.
Travel stories.
My bear story in the Rockies.

She was talking about Kesha with a money sign in damn name. I had never heard of Kesha but Im more than 10 year older. Being able to do good US pop songs that 22 year girls like at KTV is a DHV. Chinese not so much.

I hope China doesn't go the way where foreigners who speak Chinese are turnoffs. If the English level keeps raising and there isn't any need for Chinese speakers in business could happen. That might be more than a few years away though. But I don't do any business so cant say what the English level of business people in China is like.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Sidney Crosby - 09-22-2016

^ From my experience in Japan, most of the guys that were fluent in Japanese and into Japanese culture they were really geeky, I'm assuming it's the same in China and that's why the locals are turned off by it in general?

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Il Bersagliere - 09-22-2016

What if I'm 5 ft 2, dark, but speak semi-fluent Chinese? Can I still hook up with tallish Chinese girls with relative ease?

Sure, speaking English in the USA in and of itself doesn't make a girl attracted to you if you're from Latin America, EE or some other non-English speaking area. Language is just a communication vehicle. You can get laid without speaking Chinese here, but it will be a lot harder to bang girls with no English skills, but that's a given. That said, I don't really know since I speak very little Chinese. I don't exactly struggle here. I bang anywhere between 1-3 girls a month (excluding repeats), but I do have some weird months where everything fails and I have a string of dates that go nowhere. My results aren't exactly indicative of how everyone will do since I am in a tier-1 city with lots of english speaking chinese girls.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Mr. Scumbag - 09-22-2016

5' 2 is a bit on the shorter side. I wouldn't lie——you'd probably have some difficulty.

Younger Chinese girls are getting taller as well.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Periphrasis - 09-23-2016

The language question depends on more than just a one-dimensional estimate of 'less fluent' to 'more fluent'.

Most people seem to think native speakers are magical beings who learned the language with no effort. But if we look back in our own life histories we'll see how much time we put into trying to sound decent when speaking. Ever see some college kids practicing their delivery of the word "bro" (like "bruh" or whatever)? And of course we all know nerdy guys who never learned a non-autistic way of speaking English and therefore sound lame and weird to a girl's ear.

Your foreign language is the same way. If girls are literally turned off by you speaking their language, you gotta realize that it's because you're pronouncing the sentences in a way that sounds lame, not cool, autistic, or whatever. The moment you learn how to speak like the cool locals, the girls will react accordingly. I'm not saying they'll fuck you because you sound cool in their language, but they won't prefer you to speak English anymore.

Guys who start learning a foreign language often think the girls will be super impressed when they whip out some complex sentences. This just isn't the case. They don't care at all. Speak the language in a way that sounds stupid, and English will give you better results. Speak the language in a way that sounds native, and they'll sort of forget you're even speaking their language; it's just everyday life for them.

So what's the point of learning the foreign language to a high level? In a word: culture. You will understand the culture in a way you never would without the high-level language skills, which will make it way easier to consistently pull and maintain quality chicks who value an ability to skillfully navigate their psychology. And you'll have access to the chicks who don't speak any English, and are therefore more purely of their own culture (rather than being a chick who, as others mentioned in this thread, probably learned their English over a nice plate of foreign cock).

Dating Guide for Mainland China - RichieP - 09-23-2016

Guys forget language skills. That is played out. Too many foreigners speaking Chinese nowadays - you need to differentiate yourselves. Learn how to sing Chinese, and you'll be one step ahead.

Start with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78FgFp1Gi9I

Dating Guide for Mainland China - erikak - 09-23-2016

Out of curiosity, why China when there's the Philippines?

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fortis - 09-23-2016

^ Good luck making good money in phils. Also, I find chinese girls prettier than pinays.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - atlant - 09-23-2016

Quote: (09-23-2016 10:46 AM)erikak Wrote:  

Out of curiosity, why China when there's the Philippines?

You must be joking. Crime-ridden third world hellhole with ugly, desperately poor girls, an even uglier language, complete lack of infrastructure and absolutely zero redeeming factors VS up and coming global power with rapidly developing metropolises, plenty of job opportunities, a highly diverse pool of girls who know how to look and dress well, good food and nightlife, ...

Not that China doesn't have plenty of flaws as well but for anyone who wants more out of life than banging 3s and 4s all day the answer should be obvious.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - erikak - 09-23-2016

Right. I realized work must be the biggest factor shortly after posting. Forgive me. Been working online for two years.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fortis - 09-24-2016

Quote: (09-22-2016 02:47 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

Guys. You are confusing "betas talking more shit" with "foreigners having low status".

Guys only go out of their way to talk shit and try to lower your status when they are highly insecure, and perceive you as a threat.

That means they're still worried about you taking their girls.

Perceived as threat by males = perceived as valuable by women.

Sure, I run into this a lot at night. It does make me feel better about myself, but goddamn is it annoying.

I am often surprised by how bold they are about it.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Suits - 10-05-2016

Quote: (09-21-2016 12:54 AM)ball dont lie Wrote:  

Recently Ive spent a few weeks gaming and seeing chicks in Southern China. I'm going to make a new claim, or maybe one that has been said and I've missed.

Language skills in China are not a display of value. Though I don't have knowledge of many other places than East Asia and USA I would say its probably true elsewhere.

I disagree.

[Image: pXisLCq.jpg]

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Arado - 10-05-2016

Quote: (10-05-2016 08:53 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Recently Ive spent a few weeks gaming and seeing chicks in Southern China. I'm going to make a new claim, or maybe one that has been said and I've missed.

Language skills in China are not a display of value. Though I don't have knowledge of many other places than East Asia and USA I would say its probably true elsewhere.

I disagree.

[Image: pXisLCq.jpg]

I think both are valid. Girls who are already attracted to a guys look will be more interested in meeting him when they realize there is no language barrier. For girls that aren't interested in the look, Chinese can only help if I'm able to establish rapport and some type of emotional connection and non Chinese related DHV. Plenty of times I get the "你的中文这么好, 很厉害" and they may even give their wechat but actually getting them on a date is a fraction of that.

Not learning Chinese will close you off to 90% of girls. However, learning Chinese opens up an extra 20ish percent of them that are willing to date foreigners. But you still need game and have the look she prefers.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Russianbrother - 10-06-2016

Well I have no idea how knowing chinese will help anyone, but as far as I can see now, being a foreigner in China is not cool anymore.

I am in Hangzhou now, and the city is literally a piece of boring crap!!

The locals couldn't care less about you being white, and to all the bullshit stories about banging chinese chicks on a first date.... good luck.

The girls are there, and there are many of them, but they are hard to get.

The Nightlife is almost non existend here, and the majority of people gather at Shopping malls.

Most of them are roaming in groups, or with their bf, buying shit at Lois Vittone shops, so good luck competing with this crap.

The 18-20 group is mostly shy, so you have to approach them in numbers like a creep, and change the location to not make that to obvious.
Ofcourse most of them can't speak a single word in english or are flaky.

The 21-25 group, doesn't give a shit about you, she invests her time in her local ugly, snaggletooth chinese bf, who has probably more money then you will ever earn in your life.

The 30+ group, as the main Author described is literally a killing machine, who will size your value in seconds.

The shit is so bad, that I am literally thinking about changing my place to Shanghai.

And no, I am not old, fat or ugly, it is just that locals don't give a fuck about you.
You eather have gotten in their social circles, and then you are in game, or you are fucked.

Any Advice would be appreciated from me.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - TravelerKai - 10-06-2016

Quote: (10-05-2016 08:53 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I disagree.

It's just so easy.... This shit is not rocket science people.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - TravelerKai - 10-06-2016

Quote: (10-06-2016 01:24 PM)Russianbrother Wrote:  

Well I have no idea how knowing chinese will help anyone, but as far as I can see now, being a foreigner in China is not cool anymore.

The locals couldn't care less about you being white, and to all the bullshit stories about banging chinese chicks on a first date.... good luck.

The Nightlife is almost non existend here, and the majority of people gather at Shopping malls.

Most of them are roaming in groups, or with their bf, buying shit at Lois Vittone shops, so good luck competing with this crap.

The 18-20 group is mostly shy, so you have to approach them in numbers like a creep, and change the location to not make that to obvious.

The 21-25 group, doesn't give a shit about you, she invests her time in her local ugly, snaggletooth chinese bf, who has probably more money then you will ever earn in your life.

The 30+ group, as the main Author described is literally a killing machine, who will size your value in seconds.

The shit is so bad, that I am literally thinking about changing my place to Shanghai.

And no, I am not old, fat or ugly, it is just that locals don't give a fuck about you.
You eather have gotten in their social circles, and then you are in game, or you are fucked.

Give us the following details:

1. Your age (range it if you have to)

2. Your approach styles (eg daygame, nightgame, online game, etc) (if daygame where exactly)

3. Brief overview on your looks (optional) (eg. height, weight, hairstyle if unique, etc)

4. What successes you have already had and how you got that success.

5. How long you been in China.

6. What you do (optional)

7. How much Mandarin do you know. Are you willing to learn any at all?

8. Do you use precanned approach messages with online game? (if you never use online, don't answer)

9. How long have you been gaming actively or learning game? Have you traveled anywhere else and had any success? If so, where and describe the success.

Let's start with that and take it from there. The more you offer, the better the help and feedback we can possibly offer.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Space Cowboy - 10-06-2016

Could it just be that you're a loser?

You went to China thinking that, due simply to your existence as a white man, women would offer themselves to you?

"Locals don't give a fuck about you." You're damn right! There's not a single place on earth where you deserve respect simply for existing. If you can't figure this out, you may as well cut your balls off and join a monastery.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fortis - 10-06-2016

To be fair, I have heard HZ is a tough city to crack, but we have to remember it's a city where rich Chinese people buy vacation houses. So some of his story makes sense.

I wouldn't live there. It's a tier 3-4 city where rich people go to hang out.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - atlant - 10-06-2016

"Girls aren't jumping on my dick as I'm getting off the plane!!!! Worst place ever 0/10"

"Weeee locals don't care about my whiteness". Fuck that's a whole new level of whining.

The sooner Xi gets rid of these trash tier foreigners the better.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - elcidcampeador - 10-06-2016

I still don't understand the direction this thread is going.

Chinese girls continue to hop on my dick right when I get off the plane.

I'm pretty sure it's because of my whiteness.

Let's not assume that Chinese girls are off the table because some haven't learned the nuances in gaming in China.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Russianbrother - 10-06-2016

Quote: (10-06-2016 04:09 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Give us the following details:

1. Your age (range it if you have to)

2. Your approach styles (eg daygame, nightgame, online game, etc) (if daygame where exactly)

3. Brief overview on your looks (optional) (eg. height, weight, hairstyle if unique, etc)

4. What successes you have already had and how you got that success.

5. How long you been in China.

6. What you do (optional)

7. How much Mandarin do you know. Are you willing to learn any at all?

8. Do you use precanned approach messages with online game? (if you never use online, don't answer)

9. How long have you been gaming actively or learning game? Have you traveled anywhere else and had any success? If so, where and describe the success.

Let's start with that and take it from there. The more you offer, the better the help and feedback we can possibly offer.

1. 28
2. Day and Night game, mostly City centre, West Lake.
3. On a gay scale I would score a 7.5-8.
I am 1,85cm tall, Athletic, Black hair, Long nose and Masculine chin,85 Kg. Hair style Mohawk.
4. The most sucess I had was in University and West lake, girls basically approached me, not in the other way.
5. 1 Week.
6. Exchange Student+Work.
7. Basic Stuff, I would say Hsk 1-2. I am learning it, since I see how much options it can open for me.
8. No, the only attempt I tried was the number game in Wechat, but majority of contacts are fake or hookers, and the rest doesn't speak english.
9. Well I would describe me as a novice I guess, I know how to speak to girls and things like that, but I am lacking at approaching methods and online game.
I travelled around Asia and Europe, and had moderate sucess.

The problem with China at the moment, is that the City itself doesn't have a lot of places where you can hunt, and the dating culture is very different.

One of the girls which went with me, basically said on a 2 date that she is not comfortable with me because we move to fast. A second one from my University, shows IOS, but when I tried to ask her out, she wanted to go with a group, and now she just stares at me at classes but doesn't make any move on me.

University is a good field, but I have a rule to not shit where I am living.