Roosh V Forum
Dating Guide for Mainland China - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Dating Guide for Mainland China (/thread-38876.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fast Eddie - 04-04-2016

Who are these laowais who run in packs and deal drugs, Nigerians mostly?

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fortis - 04-04-2016

Lots of Russians like to sell roids and run in packs here. Not many Nigerians in SZ despite being so close to GZ.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - TravelerKai - 04-04-2016

Quote: (04-04-2016 10:32 AM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

Who are these laowais who run in packs and deal drugs, Nigerians mostly?

Depends. Nigerians and other West Africans, people from the Congo, Europeans, stupid Americans, Hong Kongers, and even SE Asians have all been known to have gotten caught up in stuff like that and roam in groups. Jackie Chan's son got popped for dope not too long ago and he got it from some foreigners but I forgot who they said it was. Doesn't matter anyway since it is suicide to have shit like that in China, unless you have a rich daddy like he does with too much guanxi.

Quote: (04-04-2016 10:49 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Lots of Russians like to sell roids and run in packs here. Not many Nigerians in SZ despite being so close to GZ.

The government makes them stay in Guangdong province with the other Africans for the most part because of their work related visas. It's rare to see any in another province. I myself have never seen an African outside of Guangdong.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Vacancier Permanent - 04-04-2016

The staring down at you is tiring. Where I stay, I haven't seen another foreigner since I've been here and I use the same route everyday to go to the main road to catch a cab or bus to work and everyday, the same people stare at me as if it were the first day! Sometimes when someone stares too long I stare back at them with a serious look and then I crack a smile with a ni hao! Their reaction is priceless! First they're stunned and then they smile back and ni hao me. I think it would be a mistake to get too serious with the staring, it's not meant with any harm in the vast majority of cases.

However the staring is even more emphasised when you're either well dressed and or with a girl. Doesn't have to be a chinese girl. Any girl and you'd be stared down at hard core!

Kai,
Lots of Africans here in HGZ my friend! Nigeria, Ghana and Zimbabwe being the most represented.

Quote: (04-04-2016 09:34 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

The staring down at you is tiring. Where I stay, I haven't seen another foreigner since I've been here and I use the same route everyday to go to the main road to catch a cab or bus to work and everyday, the same people stare at me as if it were the first day! Sometimes when someone stares too long I stare back at them with a serious look and then I crack a smile with a ni hao! Their reaction is priceless! First they're stunned and then they smile back and ni hao me. I think it would be a mistake to get too serious with the staring, it's not meant with any harm in the vast majority of cases.

However the staring is even more emphasised when you're either well dressed and or with a girl. Doesn't have to be a chinese girl. Any girl and you'd be stared down at hard core!

Kai,
Lots of Africans here in HGZ my friend! Nigeria, Ghana and Zimbabwe being the most represented.

You know what, you are spot on. If anything it is always the 20% that do all the staring. 80% mind their own fucking business like a normal Chinese person does. The vast majority seemed not to notice me at all. Part of the Chinese culture is minding your own business as being a virtue. That said, there will always be some that just cannot resist but look at the laowai in the room.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Travesty - 04-04-2016

Man you guys are treating this like it needs a strategy.

Multiple times in India I had dozens if not 100s staring at me. A couple times rings of people formed around us like we were street performers grabbing at our arms and backs. Not only that but sometimes entire extended families pointing and laughing.

Just wave them off and say the dragon is strong within today or something.

Sack up Ding Dongs.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Suits - 04-04-2016

Quote: (04-04-2016 08:04 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (04-04-2016 10:49 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

The government makes them stay in Guangdong province with the other Africans for the most part because of their work related visas. It's rare to see any in another province. I myself have never seen an African outside of Guangdong.

There are plenty of Africans here in Beijing. There are the students, people here for legit jobs, embassy workers and drug dealers.

You'll see the drug dealers around San Li Tun and possibly Wudaokou (although I've never been approached there or seen evidence of drug dealing, but given the nightlight scene in WDK, I'm sure it happens, I just don't spend much time there myself).

Most Africans in Beijing are not involved in criminal enterprise.

There are a ton of African students in Tianjin. I've never seen any African in Tianjin do anything that suggested that they were involved in drug trade.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Fortis - 04-04-2016

Quote: (04-04-2016 09:54 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

Multiple times in India I had dozens if not 100s staring at me. A couple times rings of people formed around us like we were street performers grabbing at our arms and backs. Not only that but sometimes entire extended families pointing and laughing.

Sack up Ding Dongs.

Being in India multiple times is cool and I respect that, but after almost a year in China the staring gets annoying. I don't react or do anything, but you'd get annoyed too if you got stared at daily by random farmers.

Did you live in India for those periods of time or was it just visiting? There is no way in hell I would live in India. Sounds truly awful.

Quote: (04-04-2016 09:54 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

Sack up Ding Dongs.

Man that is hardcore. LOL

Dating Guide for Mainland China - donnie514 - 04-05-2016

So far this thread has been great. What are some of the openers you guys are using for online dating apps?

80% of my matches go straight in the garbage due to language issue. The other % is pretty painful to type through. None of my jokes, puns, expressions seem to work. I brought it back to the basics with a simple "Hey [Image: smile.gif]" followed by "do you speak English"

Anyone has some good or funny Chinese openers?

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Arado - 04-05-2016

Have been stagnating in my daygame street openers, so far I've been asking for directions and dropping little bait, doesn't hook very often. Seems locals are really not used to talking to strangers. So far almost all leads coming from events and social circle. Anyone have some good daygame tactics that you can use when going about daily business?

Also have you guys noticed that social circles are very incestuous? I live in a city of 14 million people and it seems like all the local girls I meet through events are at most 2 degrees of separation away. Scrolling through my wechat moments, I keep seeing friends liking each others posts and I have no idea how they know each other.

Seems like it's the same 1% of girls that foreigners are tapping and the vast, vast majority of girls are completely under the radar.

Speaking Chinese doesn't help much because the girls who don't speak at least basic English tend to be pretty xenophobic.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - TravelerKai - 04-05-2016

Quote: (04-05-2016 06:43 AM)donnie514 Wrote:  

So far this thread has been great. What are some of the openers you guys are using for online dating apps?

80% of my matches go straight in the garbage due to language issue. The other % is pretty painful to type through. None of my jokes, puns, expressions seem to work. I brought it back to the basics with a simple "Hey [Image: smile.gif]" followed by "do you speak English"

Anyone has some good or funny Chinese openers?

Chinese humor is hard in translation, Suits will probably attest to the same experience I had. It took a long time to get it down right (Chinese Style Jokes, Chinese Cold Jokes, etc.). Jokes are best done on girls that speak a great deal of English and are educated/really smart. Light teasing and tiny pranks are even better. If you are a naturally funny guy, thinking outside the box will make you do all kinds of sappy stuff like using the hand drawing function in QQ to draw a joke or lovey dovey stuff on a picture of her or something else silly. I have done all kinds of silly stuff like that and man does it build attraction like crazy. Be careful who you use stuff like that on.

Let me build you a template for online game messages:

你好,

我的名字是 (insert your name, Your Chinese name is much better)。

我来自加拿大,我在中国的工作。我想和你谈谈,我能有你的QQ号?我的QQ号是########.

Send this message to ALL women you see online. Don't screw with it. It is simple, super effective, and if they throw it away, you had 0% chance with that exact girl in the first place. Never open with English unless you speak zero Chinese and want to learn. If that is the case, use this second template.

你好,

我的名字是(insert your name, Your Chinese name is much better) 。

我来自加拿大,我在中国的工作。我学习中国文和我想与你练习。

我能有你的QQ号?我的QQ号是######。

Rinse and repeat, copy and paste, over and over, and over.

You will have girls adding you as a friend in QQ. They will trickle in or flood in depending upon how you blanket. Never use the communication tools on a dating website, cut to the chase and offer the QQ number, which should also be your WeChat number if you set it up the right way too.

TIPS:

1. If they cannot see a picture of your face on a profile picture, use your English name and use Chinese language for the introduction and your mix of Chinese and English for the rest.

2. Copy your template to your phone too. That way you can drop it onto other platforms like QQ, WeChat, and other dating apps/sites.

Good luck.

Quote: (04-05-2016 07:20 AM)Arado Wrote:  

Have been stagnating in my daygame street openers, so far I've been asking for directions and dropping little bait, doesn't hook very often. Seems locals are really not used to talking to strangers. So far almost all leads coming from events and social circle. Anyone have some good daygame tactics that you can use when going about daily business?

Also have you guys noticed that social circles are very incestuous? I live in a city of 14 million people and it seems like all the local girls I meet through events are at most 2 degrees of separation away. Scrolling through my wechat moments, I keep seeing friends liking each others posts and I have no idea how they know each other.

Seems like it's the same 1% of girls that foreigners are tapping and the vast, vast majority of girls are completely under the radar.

Speaking Chinese doesn't help much because the girls who don't speak at least basic English tend to be pretty xenophobic.

Did you QQ number close when asking for directions? ABC. Always be closing. ABQQC. Always be QQ closing. Any bait you opened with, requires a closer to finish. Fundamental game technique always applies no matter the location or women. Focus on the close just as much as you focus on the opener. You don't want a race car that does 0-60MPH in 3 secs only to finish the 1/4 mile at 14 seconds.

There is possibly some eskimo brother stuff going on in some parts of China, but the vast majority are definitely untapped. That is the stock you want. The more Chinese you learn, the bigger the pool you get to swim in. If you find yourself in a circle that is too tight, that tells me that you do not branch out enough. You need to be seeking women in any surrounding city from where you are located. Having online prospects that you slow cook that are located in bigger cities that you can ride a high speed train to meet are good.

You gotta wrangle more horses like that picture I showed VP earlier in this thread. The only thing you should do is diversify your bonds, Wu Tang Financial Style.

[Image: Wu-Tang-Financial.png]

Dating Guide for Mainland China - donnie514 - 04-05-2016

Thanks again, looks good. I just bombed that to about 30 girls minus the QQ part as I have no clue how to set that up. I will ask one of my servers to set that up ASAP when I go back to work on Thursday.

Tsk Tsk. You did that wrong you would have gotten replies via QQ while you worked.

Go to Baidu or Google and search for qq international and create an account. Do it on your PC and phone. It is not rocket science. Chinese women are always on qq. They won't use email or dating site chat programs much. The ones I remember doing it alot through the dating sites were scammers.

Also, not using a QQ or WeChat account in China is alot like going to the club here in the states (if the bouncer even let you in) with a pit stained Hanes white undershirt, dirty jeans, with shoes that have a hole in them. I'm not saying you cannot pull without the mandatory tools, but you better not be surprised if you have shitty results. You have been warned. Too many vets in China can back me up on this.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Suits - 04-05-2016

Quote: (04-05-2016 09:50 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Chinese humor is hard in translation, Suits will probably attest to the same experience I had. It took a long time to get it down right (Chinese Style Jokes, Chinese Cold Jokes, etc.). Jokes are best done on girls that speak a great deal of English and are educated/really smart. Light teasing and tiny pranks are even better. If you are a naturally funny guy, thinking outside the box will make you do all kinds of sappy stuff like using the hand drawing function in QQ to draw a joke or lovey dovey stuff on a picture of her or something else silly. I have done all kinds of silly stuff like that and man does it build attraction like crazy. Be careful who you use stuff like that on.

Chinese humour is generally not as serious is Western humour. Due to a rare alignment of the stars, I'm actually funnier in Chinese (and when dealing with Chinese girls in English) than I am with Western girls.

I can't give any good advice for your average Chinese girl, however, because here in Beijing, I target Westernized females that are used to slooting it up, so my game is quite different than the game you'd run in a 2nd or 3rd tier city.

My go to joke for first dates is to complain that I'm afraid that if I drink too much alcohol, they will take advantage of me. I'll also tell them that we can't hold hands until after 10 dates and that we can't kiss until 50 dates and that we have to know each for at least three years before we can have sex.

I've never run this routine on a Chinese girl who didn't love it. I can't imagine it working on an American girl (because they all have the Serious Stick shoved up their asses), but I've had success with girls of non-Western cultures (Russian, African) as well using this type of humour.

Recently, I've been telling girls that if they want to marry me, they'll have to buy my parents three camels, 5 goats and 8 sheep, because my parents are very traditional. No statistically relevant results from this so far, because it's so new, but I suspect that it will be a winner.

However, I wouldn't do any of this by text, because they might take you serious. In fact, I don't try to make jokes with girls that I haven't met yet online or by text.

I'll do some basic back and forth so that I don't seem too eager and then set up a time to meet. I don't waste time with girls who aren't open to meeting for dinner, because there are plenty who are.

Quote: (04-05-2016 11:23 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Also, not using a QQ or WeChat account in China is alot like going to the club here in the states (if the bouncer even let you in) with a pit stained Hanes white undershirt, dirty jeans, with shoes that have a hole in them. I'm not saying you cannot pull without the mandatory tools, but you better not be surprised if you have shitty results. You have been warned. Too many vets in China can back me up on this.

I don't use QQ or WeChat. This allows me to filter out the girls who just want more WeChat friends and aren't serious.

I tell them that I only do face-to-face chat.

A Chinese friend recently won a university wide speech contest by sharing my approach to social communications.

I have been getting phenomenal results recently off of OKCupid and also did very well with a the personals section of a Beijing expats website.

There are no shortage of dates (1/2 of which lead to sex) for a white male with Chinese skills and localized game here in Beijing.

Quote: (04-05-2016 06:52 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (04-05-2016 09:50 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Chinese humour is generally not as serious is Western humour. Due to a rare alignment of the stars, I'm actually funnier in Chinese (and when dealing with Chinese girls in English) than I am with Western girls.

I can't give any good advice for your average Chinese girl, however, because here in Beijing, I target Westernized females that are used to slooting it up, so my game is quite different than the game you'd run in a 2nd or 3rd tier city.

My go to joke for first dates is to complain that I'm afraid that if I drink too much alcohol, they will take advantage of me. I'll also tell them that we can't hold hands until after 10 dates and that we can't kiss until 50 dates and that we have to know each for at least three years before we can have sex.

I've never run this routine on a Chinese girl who didn't love it. I can't imagine it working on an American girl (because they all have the Serious Stick shoved up their asses), but I've had success with girls of non-Western cultures (Russian, African) as well using this type of humour.

Recently, I've been telling girls that if they want to marry me, they'll have to buy my parents three camels, 5 goats and 8 sheep, because my parents are very traditional. No statistically relevant results from this so far, because it's so new, but I suspect that it will be a winner.

However, I wouldn't do any of this by text, because they might take you serious. In fact, I don't try to make jokes with girls that I haven't met yet online or by text.

I'll do some basic back and forth so that I don't seem too eager and then set up a time to meet. I don't waste time with girls who aren't open to meeting for dinner, because there are plenty who are.

I don't use QQ or WeChat. This allows me to filter out the girls who just want more WeChat friends and aren't serious.

A Chinese friend recently won a university wide speech contest by sharing my approach to social communications.

I have been getting phenomenal results recently off of OKCupid and also did very well with a the personals section of a Beijing expats website.

There are no shortage of dates (1/2 of which lead to sex) for a white male with Chinese skills and localized game here in Beijing.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Those jokes are awesome!! Especially the goats and camels bit. I would steal it but I don't need it.

As far as QQ and Wechat are concerned, I am very surprised you don't use it now, but I am not surprised. Your Chinese is waaay better than mine. You easily have the best skills on the whole forum. You could easily operate without those tools, but no one else can without a lot of struggles. I am not saying guys need the translators in them, I never use that feature. I use it to chat with the women and coordinate stuff. Everyone uses it in China. Chinese people know their QQ number by heart like a Social Security number or Drivers License number in the USA. Not saying anyone cannot operate without them, just makes shit harder than it has to be in my opinion. I agree on the face to face chat part. Too make flakers out there for sure, but for me few would bullshit a black guy like me if they were not curious enough to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I had a few flakes, but I honestly think I got alot less of that than my white counterparts ever got. Maybe I was just lucky. This is another reason why I say online game can be alot stronger for non white guys, it's is a filter within itself.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - ovloV - 04-05-2016

Best way is to strike up a conversation with one, and drop a bit of Chinese, because her follow up will always be to ask if you speak Chinese. Then you gotta drop some 地道 shit to let her you know you aren't playing around, like 说不上内行, 可是我懂了一点。 Then transition to how you first got to China, you were always making embarrassing mistakes, like you walked into a restaurant and said 我要睡觉 or how you were going to ask the server for something but asked to kiss her instead. Chinese humor is weird, and don't try to get in on it. Just stick to the classic silly foreigner. His also lets you segway into asking her if she can help you practice your Chinese.

Boom, done.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Suits - 04-05-2016

Quote: (04-05-2016 07:08 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (04-05-2016 06:52 PM)Suits Wrote:  

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Those jokes are awesome!! Especially the goats and camels bit. I would steal it but I don't need it.

As far as QQ and Wechat are concerned, I am very surprised you don't use it now, but I am not surprised. Your Chinese is waaay better than mine. You easily have the best skills on the whole forum.

There are several other very strong contenders. If I remember correctly, Arado seemed very comfortable with the language when I met him and BallsDontLie seemed to hold his own as well.

Quote: (04-05-2016 07:08 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

You could easily operate without those tools, but no one else can without a lot of struggles. I am not saying guys need the translators in them, I never use that feature. I use it to chat with the women and coordinate stuff. Everyone uses it in China. Chinese people know their QQ number by heart like a Social Security number or Drivers License number in the USA.

I don't like buying into the Chinese frame. Also, for business purposes, it allows me to force folks to send me emails instead of trying to share detailed information by Wechat, which always causes communication issues.

I would never conduct business over QQ or WeChat. For one, it's collected by the CCP and God only knows who else, and second for the reason you gave. Spot on.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Global Entry - 04-06-2016

Just to be clear on what has been said above, forget sarcasm in China (really Asia) with any non-westernized women (and I mean heavily westernized, went to school or grew up in a western country). Sarcasm doesn't translate, it isn't part of their culture, and it will often be taken seriously, rather than for the opposite meaning.

Silly gags, on the other hand, are universal (for the most part) and can be used occasionally and to break the ice.

Be careful though - its one thing to make a girl laugh a bunch, it's quite another thing (and god, I cannot believe I am referencing him) to become, as BadWolf said, the foreigner monkey clown at the table. Make some silly jokes, but make sure to include enough seriousness to let a higher end girl know that you're a legit dude worth her time. (I'd also suggest that Suits' silly jokes about camels, etc. is entirely tempered by the fact that he's impressive to them if he's speaking in Chinese, given how few foreigners do this with any aptitude whatsoever - he can be a clown b/c he's demonstrated his value and intelligence amongst a sea of foreigners who couldn't do so).

If you're aiming lower, then sticking to novelty clown status may be enough, but don't expect to be closing quality girls - you'll be relegated to non-professional types that moved from third tier cities or are remarkably immature. That can be fine for a space filler, but I wouldn't want to try to close a professional (attorneys, business owners, etc). solely with clown game. Make them laugh, but keep it serious. Chinese girls are practical, and the best ones can afford to be choosy and won't waste their time on the laowai monkey clown.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - Vacancier Permanent - 04-06-2016

Is QQ still used nowadays? From what I've heard here in HGZ, QQ is obsolete. No one bothers with it anymore. It's all done through Wechat.

Dating Guide for Mainland China - ball dont lie - 04-06-2016

Quote: (04-05-2016 07:20 AM)Arado Wrote:  

First one: Chinese people absolutely feel scared if someone starts talking them up on the street. I can honestly say I've never had a good street day game pick up. Ever. In 11 years.

Now inside a restaurant, shopping mall, store, Ive had success. On the street Chinese people are spaced out and once you enter their little bubble they revert to what they've been told their whole life: on the street people are dangerous and will cheat me.

Second part above: In your city of 14 million there will be several bars or clubs and its the same tired old chicks every week. Im in a city of 8 million and in the few places that are decorated well with good music that isn't at a deafening level, which has a somewhat foreigner clientele, its the same several hundred chicks again and again. That has been my experience here.

I think in some cities it might be better. I went to Guangzhou for a few weeks and it was much better. More bars, more people out for fun, doesn't seem to be the same people every week. But Im basing that off how my interactions with the girls went there and not because I was there for so long. Girls didn't seem jaded from getting hit on every week.

My advice to anyone coming to China, only go to a few big cities. The rest of China is filled with boring, sheltered, bad kissing, bad lays chicks. Life is too short to go to 3rd tier China and lay a bunch of 6's who are space cadets or lay all the foreigners. Shenzhen, Shanghai, there are hundreds of thousands of cool young chicks who have some western sensibilities but are still pleasant women.